• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The Big and Dandy Etaqualone Thread

following the thread, oral is the only ROA which is a bit consensual. Vaping has a point, but inhaling a proper quantity of smoke/material is just ridiculous.

I'm a big plugging fan, as reference I'd chose plugged 2ml of gbl :))) (which gives instant relaxed euphoria + libido boost)......

So here we go: Dissolving 500mg EQ in 65% Ethanol, then hitting it up the bum in several goes.

Updade: Duration of main effects < 2h which is surpisigly short for a downer...

Not even considering that 65% Ethanol irritates the hell out of the the rectum if plugged

A couple of remarks: going by the oral and vapeing experiences, it may have been more effective to go with a single attack dose (a few days after checking for allergies, 'natch). And secondly, conc alcohol generally does horrible things to mucous membranes if left in contact for any decent time (although the irritation could possibly improve transport). Next time, get thee to the homemade soap shop/site, and pick up some more gentle, food-grade emulsifiers to experiment with, eg, liquid lecithin, polysorbate 20 and 80.

because of the mythical power of its cousin, methaqualone.

Mythical being the operative word. Back in the days when methaqualone was widely available the only benzos most doctors knew about were Valium and Librium which are worthless as hypnotics and with barbiturates strictly regulated and unavailable to the typical recreational user, but until the early 70's there was still glutethimide (Doriden, some say it was better than even seconal) but soon that also vanished in the upper schedules leaving only chloral hydrate (the 'mickey') and that new drug methaqualone. Quaalude was originally marketed as a safe, non-addictive alternative for barbs and was easy to obtain, even in jail it was doled out more liberally than diazepam, sort of like Seroquel nowadays. Its intense but short duration of action was a blessing for cocaine and meth comedown, procuring a pleasant buzz and lilting you to sleep without waking up with a downer hangover later on like on chloral hydrate. It is strictly because of the limited access to other downers that Quaalude acquired its mythical status, nowadays it would probably rank below most short-acting benzos in terms of desirability. I was prescribed Quaaluude in the 80's (in Canada it wasn't evilized that much) and I liked it because of the absence of the hangover benzos caused me, but it wasn't magic or anything. RoA etaqualone is not remarkably different than methaqualone but having only used that route with either I can't comment about the comparative merits of smoking, plugging or insufflating MEQ vs EQ

Last edited:
So here we go: Dissolving 500mg EQ in 65% Ethanol, then hitting it up the bum in several goes ... Not even considering that 65% Ethanol irritates the hell out of the the rectum if plugged

To plug drugs they don't need to be dissolved, although this is preferencial. Just wack it in the back of an oral syringe suck up some water and plug the mixture...

To plug drugs they don't need to be dissolved, although this is preferencial. Just wack it in the back of an oral syringe suck up some water and plug the mixture...

I tried doing what I speculated about a couple of posts back and plugged 300mg of the HCl variety with a combination of liquid lecithin, polysorbate 20 and polysorbate 80. Unfortunately, this mixture wanted to re-exit far faster than I would have preferred it to. There may be something to putting up with conc alcohol as the solvent, as was previously proposed. I can't see any pH manipulations making much of a difference, but I've been known to be wrong before. :) Next, I dissolved the same amount in some overproof rum for oral application, and wasn't exactly impressed (compared to, say, carisoprodol powder). Lastly, the HCl variety vapourised cleanly without leaving too much residue, but was a bit of a waste of time. There could be something to combustion, as others have indicated ...

I was on Metaqualone yesterday and have to say it's pretty wonderful, Etaqualone is a bit smoother with less body load but also less power and euphoria. They both rank way higher than benzos though, which just tend to put me to sleep or induce a fairly benign relaxing state, none of the 'zing' that luudes have.

I was on Metaqualone yesterday and have to say it's pretty wonderful, Etaqualone is a bit smoother with less body load but also less power and euphoria. They both rank way higher than benzos though, which just tend to put me to sleep or induce a fairly benign relaxing state, none of the 'zing' that luudes have.
You mean Methaqualone, right?

Yeah, I knew Etaqualone was just that and always thought it was Meth- but then saw someone using the Met- prefix and just assumed.

would having a high benzo tolerance prevent most of the effects from etaqualone?

I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case. Anecdotally, heavy users of BZDs/etizolam seem to get no effects from etaualone.

Yes because they work on one of the same receptors, GABA-A.
I tought benzo's just downregulate the PAM receptor so direct agonists would still be as effective.

lol nice i needed something to make me laugh. I've been struggling with Benzo withdrawal. if anyone can help get me through this please im me.

Use DXM and switch over to etizolam for a week a slowly stop that, allways did the trick for me, atleast getting of klonopin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tought benzo's just downregulate the PAM receptor

There's no such thing. The GABAA-PAM site is a site on the GABA-A receptor that increases its sensitivity to its endogenoius ligand (GABA). So yes, overadministratioon of e.g. benzos will lead to downregulation.

From what I have found in my research Etaqualone is just about indistinguishable from Methaqualone.

Yours truly corroborates by personal experience. With regards to comparative effects, individuals with occasional experience of strong benzos -in other words are familiar with the effects but have no built up tolerance to cns depressants- are able to easily experience the superior recreational effects of metha/etaqualone over any benzo. Personally the reason I find benzos more desirable is their much lower addiction potential and that despite the lack of criminal consequences of using/abusing etaqualone in locales where it is not regulated. It still messes you up more if you get hooked.

Have't had methaqualone but im familiar with downers (opiates, ghb, benzos , soma and barbs) and ive taken ethaqualone but cant compare it to anything else.

I have a tolerence to benzos about 4mg clonazepam a day, so my first time I had about 400mg followed by another 200mg half hour later.

It lasted about 1hr and half and in my opinion it was a nice tranqulizing feeling with peace and euphoria, however I still preffer Soma or ghb, it just didnt make an impression on me and you need to give it about a week to have it work again otherwise it doesnt do what it originally did. In conclusion i didnt find it very useful although it was okay to try. Also i tried vaping a little bit and a buddy did even more this ROA and still didn't find anything useful.

Even riding a bicycle is damn near impossible, you will wake up the next day all banged up and not remember how it happened and your bike will look like it got thrown off the Empire State Building.

Tell me about it. 1983, not a bike but a scooter that belonged to my GF. Ludes, went for a ride, woke up in ER all banged up but no hangover, they asked me how I got so drunk but no smell of booze, told em it was a secret. Never found the scooter, had to get her a new one.

Have't had methaqualone but im familiar with downers (opiates, ghb, benzos , soma and barbs) and ive taken ethaqualone but cant compare it to anything else.

I have a tolerence to benzos about 4mg clonazepam a day, so my first time I had about 400mg followed by another 200mg half hour later.

It lasted about 1hr and half and in my opinion it was a nice tranqulizing feeling with peace and euphoria, however I still preffer Soma or ghb, it just didnt make an impression on me and you need to give it about a week to have it work again otherwise it doesnt do what it originally did. In conclusion i didnt find it very useful although it was okay to try. Also i tried vaping a little bit and a buddy did even more this ROA and still didn't find anything useful.

You can't really get the proper buzz off xxxqualone if you have benzo tolerance. Anyway I only use etaq to deal with ethylphenidate "overgenerous" dosing, yesterday got a batch (of ethyl) that feels like 8x stronger than last one, should've read the note on the envelope and on the vendors site that clearly stated "this is the pure D-enantiomer" or something similar. Gonna last me forever this stuff...

I don't think that is necessary. Plus, I wouldn't characterize etaqaualone as being, "seriously, seriously dangerous".

It isn't, and neither is/was methaqualone. Although considered 'strong' downers owing to superior/quicker hypnotic effect than benzos, qualones are much less likely to cause respiratory depression than either benzos, Z-drugs, chloral hydrate, opiates and barbs. Strong sedation is offset by extremely short duration of action, the drug's built-in bail-out parachute. With seriously massive OD all bets are off but even in the "good old days" death by lude was not something you heard of frequently and when you did it was usually not the only intoxicant involved... just don't water it with booze.

I was under the impression that unlike the barbiturates, the major causes of death on methaqualone were things like homicide, accidents, and MVA, not respiratory depression/overdose.

Where is one able to get chloral hydrate? I mean is it still used or prescribed or anything?

It's produced industrially by chlorination of ethanol (not exactly clean or safe chemistry) and is still prescribed, believe it or not, for insomnia...

shame i can't go into a shop or use a website to buy some devil ether or chloral hydrate :( , sounds pretty good.