• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big and Dandy DOI Thread

make the solution 20% ethyl alcohol, it should keep for a very long time that way.

I consider my experiences with DOI to be the most singularly positive experiences in my life. This chemical, more than any other (although it is almost a tie between DOI and DXM) psychedelic has helped me attain a more peaceful disposition and a more positive outlook on life itself. The headspace of DOI (for me, YMMV) is so peaceful and long-lasting, with waves of euphoria that come in a transcendental fashion, that it fills me with hope, rather than a dread of coming down. That is, DOI is (other than DXM and possibly 4-HO-DiPT), one of the few chemicals that gave me the time to do some real psychical work--it was not simply an acute dopaminergic impulse (such as the fleeting and unfulfilling blast of orgasm, N2O or a line of cocaine), but a lasting 'ocean of time and peace.'

Yeah. A lot of people seem to think that DOI is a lot less mindblowing and introspective than DOC, but I don't think that's true at all. It's a very rough, but ultimately rewarding ride for me.

I'm hoping to try DOI intraveinously soon. DOI is really good chemical in my opinion, once you get used to the body load. I NEED a pacifier with this, and a massage is the most amazing thing in the world. Really cool visuals, lots of overlay and "growing" or morphing visuals. With all of my experiences, 2.5-3.5mg taken from 7-10mp (every time) have all resulted in tripping all night, sometimes getting a few hours of sleep (one time I managed 6 fucking hours, wow) and waking up in a semi-tripping haze (if I wake up)

Oh, one more thing. Smoking pot when tripping intensifies this SO much for a good few hours. My first trip involved a fat blunt of chronic 3 hours into the actuasl trip, blacklights, glowsticks, and something similar to a rave. The marijuana turned my night into a fucking cartoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
^water & alcohol

I have to say I really like this one.Altho I would prefer a shorter duration the visuals I get from it are amazing.

Question: Why is an alcohol solution needed? Is it just to prevent mold/contamination?

Whats DOI (or DOx for that matter) most soluble in? Water or alcohol?

Is it better to have a stronger alcohol or a weaker alcohol? Is it better to use Everclear (95% alcohol) or something like watered down vodka? And why?

DOI is soluble in ethanol, water, isopropanol, and water-ethanol solutions. The ideal storage solution is probably some mixture of ethanol and water, as that's generally easier on most storage containers than purer ethanol, and keeps your samples sterile. DOI is most instantly soluble in water, but will dissolve within ethanol solutions at room temperature within 1-2hr. The more ethanol, the longer it takes to fully dissolve. This is true for most of the 2,5-DiMeO-PEAs.

colors said:
what kind? i find the mindfuck overrides everything at a high dose :/

Looking at a white wall I can see a massive amount of moving brightly colored lines.yesterday morning standing at the macdonalds gate it appeared to go on forever.I find DOI to be very comfortable actually feel at peace more than anything.

:) cool. hope i can learn to integrate it.

golden arches as a gateway to heaven hehe

The duration is what personally scares me away from it. I just don't feel at the point where I want to trip that long. I think it would not physically be good for me.

I'm usually very physically active during psychedelic experiences and it exhausts me (even though I am in reasonable good shape). I'm unsure how I would react to the amphetamine analogue of chemicals that are ALREADY very stimulating to me.

I have taken a threshold dose (1mg) and it was good, although I couldn't really tell near the end when I actually was still tripping and when I wasnt.

Do some find it overstimulating?

samadhi_smiles said:
Do some find it overstimulating?

not at all, I find it to be a nice clear headed trip very introspective and thought provoking.

Afterm4th said:
Question: Why is an alcohol solution needed? Is it just to prevent mold/contamination?

Whats DOI (or DOx for that matter) most soluble in? Water or alcohol?

Is it better to have a stronger alcohol or a weaker alcohol? Is it better to use Everclear (95% alcohol) or something like watered down vodka? And why?

Stronger alcohols will have less impurities. The reason vodka (for example) tastes like anything at all is that it has impurities in it. Since people drink vodka all the time, we know those impurities aren't harmful to you, but as a point of being as careful as possible you'd want a stronger alcohol.

Everclear in the water will indeed help fight off mold and bacteria. Keeping the liquid extremely cold also helps, and using an ethanol/water solution has the added benefit of keeping the liquid from freezing.

As for why you'd specifically use one or the other, I really don't know, but I'd assume there are differences in how much of a chemical each can hold in solution. With a low dose RC like DOI that's not going to matter.

I had a hell of an experiance the other day with a low dose(2.5mg) of doi and a low dose of dxm; 60mg followed by 300mg 2 hrs later to ensure there was no interaction between the 2 chems. The combo was far more visual than the doi on its own, and no major negatives were noted. I spent the day hiking and fly fishing the Big Thompson River in northern Colorado. I caught 4 brown trout and a rainbow trout if anyone was interested.

I started the experiance at about 8am, expecting it to have a very long duration. I was correct as I was not able to sleep til t+26H from ingestion of the doi. I was very tired the next day( probably due to <5 hrs of sleep), but otherwise felt physically fine with no after effects post sleeping. Overall it was a very rewarding trip. ( I am working on a more detailed writeup for trip reports and erowid also.)

The DOI thread is now back on topic. This one was so off topic it wasn't even funny (actually, it was kinda sad). But I reduced it from a 7 page thread to a 2 page thread.

Anyone have anything to add about this one?

EVERYTHING BEFORE THIS POST IS CLEANED.

Last edited by a moderator:
For someone with no tolerance, 2.5mg of DOI really is not a low dose.

trip.more, what do you find to be a good, pleasant, starting dose of DOI? I've yet to try mine but I've been meaning to for a long time. I love the duration of DOC so I don't think DOI will be an issue. Also, I find low doses (1-1.5mg) of DOC to be very nice and a good day enhancer. Is the same true with DOI? Or is it better to take a low-end full dose?

Xorkoth said:

trip.more, what do you find to be a good, pleasant, starting dose of DOI? I've yet to try mine but I've been meaning to for a long time. I love the duration of DOC so I don't think DOI will be an issue. Also, I find low doses (1-1.5mg) of DOC to be very nice and a good day enhancer. Is the same true with DOI? Or is it better to take a low-end full dose?

Id like to add something, when I had DOI/C/and M doi has been the most potent of them all, and the known DOI blotters Iv had have been more potent then the DOC ones as well. Iv also noticed a pretty sharp dose/response curve in doi which is not as noticable with DOC, DOM I have only one experience with but it was nothing as intence as what I was able to reach with I/C.

Low dose DOI IMO is like a long low dose general psychedelic trip, It has no REAL character beyond just a great "million bucks" type psychedelic feel (it can have kinda icky moments though). But anything over 2-3 (yeah, I dont know the exact amount) will bring with it this new aspact of being completely submersed in the expereince. While lowdose DOC has been more of an annoyence in that more was needed, NOT that it was a different type of effect all together. This is personal expereince and has been expresed by those who were also privledged to take part in them, but as we all discussed and came to conclusion it is biased from that stand point.

Xorkoth said:

Are there cross-tolerance issues with DOI and tryptamines? I've experimented with a few in the last couple of months, and I'd like to try a dose of DOI before ceasing my experimentation for a month or two to let my body normalize. I've definitely noted tolerance issues between the tryptamines that I think is more than just my usual psychedelic hardheadedness.

I'm considering starting at 2mg and adding .5-1mg (all via liquid measurement) a couple of hours later if I don't get where I'd like to go. Does this seem reasonable?