View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT thread - Next Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to find any information on the shelflife of extracted DMT anywhere. I'm sure it depends on your purity and storage conditions, but suppose you take the time and effort to produce a good quality product and save part of it moist- and airfree in the freezer; how long can one expect it to be of considerable worth?

Great, Kong. Thanks a million! :)

Last edited:
People have mentioned keeping samples around for 2+ years that still work fine. I've exposed dmt to some fairly awful conditions and it still works as well.

So, I'm finally starting to lose my fear of DMT.

I've had a reverence for this chemical for years and to finally be able to try it, I am a bit hesitant.

Somehow I gather you just need to jump in and do it. Take it, brace yourself and come back 5 minutes later saying ¿!¿8o?!?

Does anyone else notice that DMT seems to stick to everything? Its hard to work with compared to most other fine chemicals.

Using the pipe I have (picture on page one of this thread) I find it difficult actually getting the DMT in there, without it sticking all over the glass.

I feel like I'm wasting a lot more than I'd like to. Does anyone have any tips?

Also what about taking breakthrough doses without a sitter? I would guess you just load the pipe with slightly more than you intend to consume, inhale until you can't take any more, set the pipe down, lay back and enjoy the ride? I guess by the time you could move you would mostly be back at that point?

I finally was able to get some DMT I cant wait to try it the only problem is I don't really know how im suppose to smoke it. :\

^ you're not supposed to smoke it but vaporize it. Similar methods are used as with commonly vaporized drugs such as meth. As for technique, I don't have a clue as other than DMT, any chemical being vaporized in a glass pipe = not something I'd want to try. :\

I think a meth-pipe would work fine but MAKE SURE IT HAS NEVER BEEN USED (for obvious reasons).

Last edited:
You can use a regular bowl that you use for smoking pot-

you just have to be careful not to directly torch the DMT or you will waste some-

If it REALLY burns when you're inhaling you either do not have a good extraction or you got it too hot (ie burned it)-

It should be pretty smooth-

e1evene1even said:
Does anyone else notice that DMT seems to stick to everything? Its hard to work with compared to most other fine chemicals.

Using the pipe I have (picture on page one of this thread) I find it difficult actually getting the DMT in there, without it sticking all over the glass.

I feel like I'm wasting a lot more than I'd like to. Does anyone have any tips?

Also what about taking breakthrough doses without a sitter? I would guess you just load the pipe with slightly more than you intend to consume, inhale until you can't take any more, set the pipe down, lay back and enjoy the ride? I guess by the time you could move you would mostly be back at that point?

I take doses without a sitter, you are pretty right in terms of you just laying back and enjoying the ride. Or thats what I do anyway. I tend to like doing dmt only by myself or with one other person. Sometimes complications arise for me, if someone else is sitting there trying to talk to me. I just prefer it alone, but one person works too.

With the pipe, I have two ways of doing it. I either fold a crease in a piece of paper, to make a sort of funnel. Then I drop it either through the top hole or at the end of the pipe.

If you put it in the end of the pipe, I then tilt it at a 90 degree angle or so (maybe a little less), and slowly light up the glass moving from the top to the bottom. Just hold it at the other end. The DMT will slowly gather into a drop and start sliding down the pipe. You just move the flame around constantly, not holding it in the same spot, twisting it around. You will still lose a little bit of smoke, but in general most of it will make it to the bottom. Be careful because obviously the pipe will be hot.

If anyone else has a better way, go for it, and share!

I tried a little dose on mushrooms a few days ago...WOW...it seemed to go with it perfectly, took the body high to another level, and was left in the pleasant afterglow for the rest of the trip. <3

e1evene1even said:

If you do slow crystalizations it comes out much harder and isn't sticky.

Thanks for the tips! I'll try the funnel thing for sure. Low dose DMT seems to mix well with ever other psychedelic I've tried. I think that because you are already in an altered state the transition isn't so jarring.

The DMT I have is not an extraction, its synthetic. It wasn't always as sticky so maybe a bit of moisture got in somehow. Its not gooey at all just the powder likes to stick to the tweezers I use to take it out of the bag with (probably not the best system, I know).

Maybe I'll try just using a bong as I'm a bit more experienced with them :) Also maybe I'll try using syrian rue seeds as the base (smokable pharmahausca), it could help stretch the DMT a little bit further.

If it gets really bbad yopu can freeze it or even recrystalize it- the DMT tends to turn to goo after awhile-

when you're done with the bag, soak it in some solvent and notice that you'll get like 10-15mg from the bag even after scraping it0

also let me know how that goes - I'm thinking about experimenting with smokable hamala alkaoids (xtals)-

I bet it would be nice even without the DMT-

^ haven't tried smoking any extractions, but as I mentioned in the harmala alkaloids thread, syrian rue seed has the nicest, tastiest smoke, its so woody and aromatic I quite enjoy it. On its own, I notice some mild relaxation, in the color spectrum it seems to lean heavily towards purple, which makes me think perhaps it might be increasing visual range slightly on the ultraviolet end, but thats merely a wild unfounded speculation.

As for solvents and extractions, I'm clueless. The last chemistry class I took was grade 9. In retrospect, had I known all the cool things I could have done, I would have likely went to school for it and joined the Brotherhood of Eternal Love <3 =D

My only chemistry experiment ever was trying to extract LSA from HWBR seeds using shellac as a youngster (DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS). I'm very glad I threw the whole mess away. The seeds turned out to be bunk anyway and I probably would have been blinded if I tried any of that slop. %)

With that said, I think I'll pick up organic chemistry for dummies or something, because I know DMT is a lifelong allay, but I really have my doubts regarding my long term access to synthetic DMT. It would be great if they would discover a plant source high in DMT that grows naturally everywhere in north american cities and towns.

Interestingly enough, I was watching a Paul Stamets talk the other day and he mentioned that government buildings, court houses and jails are often some of the best places to find psilocybin mushrooms in urban environments because when people are arrested for picking or cultivating mushrooms, they bring the spores with them =D How fitting that the mushrooms pop up exactly where they are needed the most!

hey e1, extracting DMT is really quite easy - as long as you got the basic concept behind the technique you can look at a few 'teks' and then make up your own depending on what sort of equipment you have available -

well worth the few hours it takes-

peace and blessings

e1evene1even said:
Interestingly enough, I was watching a Paul Stamets talk the other day

I watched that lecture on youtube, It was excellent mushroom hunting tips.

DMT, oh how you never cease to amaze me!

Praise the human mind!!

Raise your hands into the air and laugh into the skies!!

Peace, Love, and Indole!! :)

samadhi_smiles said:
hey e1, extracting DMT is really quite easy - as long as you got the basic concept behind the technique you can look at a few 'teks' and then make up your own depending on what sort of equipment you have available -

well worth the few hours it takes-

peace and blessings
word,

the easiest and highest yielding tek Iv done is teh one Iv done MANY MANY MANY times and is BY FAR the easiest. Its a straight to base extraction on powdered bark. its 500ml of distilled water for every 100grams of powdered bark. 50-60 grams of sodium hydroxide (5-6 spoon fulls) for every 500ml of water to base it high enough. And then ~100ml of MP&V naphtha for every 100grams of bark.

Basicly just abse the water, allow it to sit for about 30min (after stiring the lye in realy well so it doesnt cake) and then pouring it over the bark and shaking it up to assure it is fully saturated. Then just add teh naptha, twirl it around (dont shake or it will take mroe time to seperate... but if you got time then shake that bitch up and let it sit for a few day, mark where the original layer was so you know when it has fully seperated). after ~ 24 hours you pull teh naptha, put it in a glass messuring cup and put a fan over it, wait till it get realy cloudy adn yellow (~50ml of naphtha from the original 100) and then put it in a air tight glass container and throw it in the fridge, with in 30 min you will see the glass clear crystals start to fall as well as orange/yellow/brown junk. it will take ~ 5 hours to fully drop and you will have clear solvant again (maybe alil ting to it). Pour out the solvanta nd collect the clear/white crystals and leave the yellow junk, repeat teh freeze process again but use warm solavnt (the same that you just poured out) and you will pull alil mroe and eventualy if you keep repeating you will have a DARK oil at the bottom and only be left with clear crystals.

the original container that ahs the based bark can be pulled NUMBEROUS times but each time will require a longer time sitting. Iv pulled a 1 gram of DMT from 100grams of bark a bunch of time doing this. Its so easy and can be done virtualy anywhere.

the acid/base extractions do not yield as much and you can go back and pull more. I was recently talking to someone who just tried tehre first extraction using the marsfold tek and only got 1 rgam of DMT from a lb of bark, I get that from 100grams!!!! almost 5 times more!!!!

But again DONT SELL IT!!!!!! if someone is interested in DMT, blast them off in an appropriate setting and teach them as I just taught you. It is unbelievably easy and feel free to PM me if you ever run into problems. I know I have befor and have ALWAYS been able to fix it with alil this or that.

to get larger crysals you can freeze precept in a "v" shaped container at room temp on CLEAN crystals. To get rock DMt just put your crystals in a glass container and put it into a hot water bath till it melts and clump it up together and put a cool fan over it to bring it back to a solid again.

You can also eat free base crystals with MAOi's in order to have effects, its eaier to dose correctly this way rather then making a brew of jungle sweat:p

Light and Love!<3 <3

BTW I dont owner ship to this tek, its just alil bit from here and alil bit from tehre but works for everyone who has been shown how to do it.

word of caution, when freeze precepting let the container sit out for 10min or so when removing from the fridge/freezer as to not allow moister/condensation to collect inside the container as itatkes FOR FUCKING EVER for water to fully evap!

Also when pouring your solvant off (its actualy pretty easy) you may get some black clumps of the base mix in the evap container, just put your finger in tehre and clump it out to the side of the container or all teh way out, its not hard to manualy seperate a few small clumps of bas emix out of teh solvant.

GOOD LUCK!!! 100mg doses are the best!!!! and be warned that not every DMT is created equaly, it will show you its true power sparingly, you will always get off, but not always GET OFF if you egt what Im saying. ;)

fantastic reading. I think I have those .pdfs burried somewhere on my HD but forgot about them. thanks so much!

Youkai, thanks for that tek. ill be sure to try it next time as i get pretty poor yeilds with acid base extracts.

And now for a lil story:
So iv been using DMT for a while now always having great respect for the power of this entheogen though never truly experienceing what they call a "break through."
Last night we (my girlfriend and i) packed an unmeasured amount (but really big) of DMT into our "machine" and she went ahead and hit it. Aftre around 2-3 hits she became imobile and experienced her first break through trip on DMT.

Maybe she'll post something about it here in the future.

After that i took a couple hits but felt my usual low dose effects, apparently she had smoked most of it.:\

A couple hours later i decided i realy wanted to experience a high dose trip and so again we packed a really large amount of DMT into our machine.
I take a hit: usual effects from 1 hit
a another: still nothing im not familiar with
another: still the same
another: all of a sudden the visuals start getting very strong and i decide im good with the dose i got even though i was still very conscious of everything around me. In fact Im alot more lucid than i have ever been while smoking DMT. "this is awesome" i think. =D

I stare at my girlfriend and she startes turning into the most beautiful hindu women i have ever seen. I saw her become at least 10 different hindu women, godesses even. Evrytime she smiled, turned her head, closed her eyes she would become someone else. Each one prettier than the last.

Then things became strange. All of a sudden i didnt recognize my room, even though everything stil looked the same. As if i was seeing my same room but in a parallell dimension.
At this point i became a little scared.
Time had stopped existing and i was stuck in this trange land. I had been in there forever! Was my life before this just an illusion? a dream?
My girlfriend, parents, friends, experiences. All this had never existed. Where i am right now is real and im not sure if i like it. I get scared 8o . Remembering that i had smoked DMT i look over to my girlfreind and ask how long its been. "3 minutes" she says. Oh my fucking god, i just lived an entire lifetime in a parralell dimesion yet in this "real" life it was only 3 minutes. This scares me even more. I start to think im not going to come down which reinforces my belief that "real life" was just an illusion.
"Will i be okay" i ask? She says "yes" though she has a worried look on her face which makes me feel that she is lying and i am indeed stuck in this new dimension.
"Are you ok babe?" she asks
im not really able to answer as i am trying to understand whats happening to me. Everything in my room took on it own character. gained life.
The tapestry in front of me has smiling suns on it, all the suns have strange smirks and i feel like they are malicious beings playing a joke on me. They come off the tapestry and move around the room playing with my head. I know pictures cant come off the tapestry yet here they are doing it and it looks as realistic as this computer screen infront of me right now.
The door has taken on a personality as well. It keeps coming out at me but when i look at it it goe back to its place.
That sneaky door, its fucking with my head, making this timeless dimension so hard to understand.
Even more things move, shift, change, disapper, reappear. Too much is happening in visual field yet none of really seems odd to me. Thats how thing s are in this strange new land. i just need to try to understand it, accpet it, and live with it. Because im stuck here.

Suddenly the fear startes to fade into the background. Am i getting used to living in this strange land? "Great," i think=D .
then the patterns on the wall start to slowly disappear. My girlfriend is herself again instead of hindu women.

"im back!!!!"
A great euphoria washes over me. I have never been so happy to be myself, so happy to be back to this real life.

My girl asks me wht happened, im not able to explain, just telling her little bits and peices in between bursts of laughter and tears.

The dmt eventually completely fades and i start trying to integrate the experience. This "real life" still feels different to me. I had just visited a place that was just as real but i had never been aware of it. Even today, the next day, i feel like i have visited a parrallel universe. a place as real as the one im living in now.
i know it sounds a little crazy, but i believe it.

Anyway, so much more happened that i can not put into words, this language didnt exist in the place i visited. The visuals were more than visuals, they were the reality of the place that i went to.

Well, that was by far the strongest DMT experience i have ever had and now i cant wait to visit that land again, this time i feel i wont feel the fear i felt the first time as i am more familiar with it now.

Well i hope you all enjoyed this story, i dont usually write about my trips but this was different than anything i have experienced in my 100+ trips (on over two dozen psychedleics) before this.

I wish everyyone happy journeys with this oh so wonderful, cosmic, tool-key-entheogen-drug-LOVE.<3

-D <3 =D <3 =D

Status
Not open for further replies.