View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT thread - Next Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason for the semi-hidden nature of this key to the doors of perception, is so that only those that explicitly seek these experiences will find them. To force the DMT experience on someone, would be a violation of their 'free will' and auto-determinism which are some of the most important rules of "the cosmic game" as Grof calls it.

DMT, it could be said, is forced upon us, through our physiology.

Dennis McKenna was recently on a local radio station in Toronto.
Here is the show information:

AYAHUASCA, DMT AND NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCES

GUEST: DENNIS MCKENNA, American ethnopharmacologist and author. McKenna spent a number of years as a senior lecturer for the Center for Spirituality and Healing, part of the Academic Health Center at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. He is now a senior research scientist for the Natural Health Products Research Group at the British Columbia Institute of Technology in the Vancouver area.

RealAudio Link

^I am feeling priviledged to know I am seeing Dennis talk in person at a confernece in Australia later this year! Yay! %) <3 :D

I find James Kent's ideas very interesting and thought-provoking. I have read the entire online version of Psychedelic Information Theory. While I can't say I agree with everything, he seems to have done his research and poses some quite interesting possible explanations.

^Yeah, I like the way he present these phenomena in a logical, non-new agey way, without trying to detract from the power.

yes, it is a pretrip ritual to breathe deeply (that is after the DMT has been exhaled or ie as you begin tripping)-

willow11 said:
DMT, it could be said, is forced upon us, through our physiology.
Or we force our selves through DMT, through our physiology.

I dont know/speak for anyone else but dMT feels like a part of me, in no way does it feel like I put a substance in my body but rather the substance unlocked something always within my body. nothing Iv done has ever felt as "natural" "un forced" as DMT, something just expands outwards from the center of my mind and unravles the fabric of my precieved reality into what can only be described as heavenly grace, the true hand of the ulmighty touches me at teh deepest level of self and I am left with aw and wonder and utter amazement of the world/existance around me.

^ I totally agree with you, dude- there is no sensation of foreign entry into my brain with DMT that I sometimes get with weirder molecules -

DMT is smoooooooooooooth

I agree, DMT seems more like the perfect key for the lock, rather then the crude skeleton key some drugs are. There is never really a sensation of loss of anything with DMT-more a growth, gain or added headroom kinda thing. It seems to allow a glimpse at the deeper, implicate order behind the scenes, whilst still referring them with the explicate objective reality- a feeling of omnipotence or ominprescence without ego boost whatsover- attained through dispersal of the ego.

Implicate order! Yes, in my opinion DMT (and other psychedelics) help experientially validate the Holographic/Holotropic model of reality. One thing is for sure, DMT shatters the consensus mechanistic, reductionist, linear reality with a rapidity unlike anything else known.

As above, so below - on earth as it is in heaven.

I just found this lengthy article by John Major Jenkins on the Mayan shamanic tradition from Daniel Pinchbeck's Reality Sandwich website. Enjoy!

Maya Shamanism and 2012: A Psychedelic Cosmology

samadhi_smiles said:
yes, it is a pretrip ritual to breathe deeply (that is after the DMT has been exhaled or ie as you begin tripping)-

I agree with this, most definitely, as well. I too find that once I have expelled the last of my hits, deep and rhythmic breathing is an excellent means of initiating blast off.

In other words, +1. :)

last night me an my group desided to smoke some mor DMT seeing as how clear the crystals ahev been of late (and SUPER POTENT!). Well my second blast of the night, amller then my first sent me into a different type of rbeakthroughm just a peak but I was inside soem sort of white out with rainbow squares with geometric patterns inside them, flashed back to reality and tough, 'OK I can think, its going to be ok" then realised I WAS STILL IN THE WHITE OUT!. I dont know hwo else to describe it but it almost boreded "do I like this?" but I faded back to realty and absolutely loved it!!

this is up there with oe of teh main reasos why I am DMT, I just cant go that far out for more then a short stay, but it's long enough to get work done.
over all it has been ALL love!

and to those who dont clean/freeze precipt, PLEASE DO IT! I for a long time never saw a points eeing as Iw as getting good yellow crystal, welll they dont even coem close to compare tothe clear kind (or the kind that turns pink). the experience feels cleaner and less "otherly" influenced. Fantastic closed and open eyed visuals with teh body/euphoric high coming after them.

Youkai said:
and to those who dont clean/freeze precipt, PLEASE DO IT! I for a long time never saw a points eeing as Iw as getting good yellow crystal, welll they dont even coem close to compare tothe clear kind (or the kind that turns pink). the experience feels cleaner and less "otherly" influenced. Fantastic closed and open eyed visuals with teh body/euphoric high coming after them.

The "feels cleaner" thing is just placebo in your head because it looks white instead of yellow. I've had dark orange DMT and transparent totally clear DMT and they were exactly the same.

^Agreed. I've had black powdery shit....fantastic. Pretty subconcious kind of thing.

Hows this- scientist did some study on the actual colour of pills, mainly to try to figure out what best to use as placebo's in studies- according to the research they gathered, people associate yellow or orange pills as either stimulants or depressants, dark red as sedatives, lavendar as hallucinogenic and white piils as painkillers. Colour is so much more influential then we know- well, conciously know.

when you freeze preipt you are elft with yellow->orange-> then black/brow goo at the bottom of the container, this shit is dirty and is what give non clean DMT its yellow color. I imagine orange is just an oxidized or what ever effects that white turning pink is.

The clear DMT I've had has been much cleaner on my lungs than the yellowish stuff I tried to smoke from my first extraction - yuck that stuff was HARSH-

I am hereby promising myself to experience a DMT breakthrough by the beginning of next week. As long as my DMT isn't degraded... I haven't looked at it in quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.