• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants The Buproprion (Wellbutrin) Megathread

Not encouraging snorting, just please, don't try to shoot it; it wouldn't even be soluble enough for regular syringe w/ water

I definitely don't condone IVing Wellbutrin and think it's an awful idea, but I'm pretty sure it's sold as an HCl salt, so solubility wouldn't be the problem

^ Yeah though couldn't inject a 450 tablet, or high doses.

Though it is silly to inject it.

It produces multiple active metabolites, =<10% remains Bupropion after First-Pass;

Snorting can bypass this, and yield different effects, though not an amazing thing to try...

Bupropion is barely on the market since it lowered the seizure threshold so much (they had to reduce doses down to the barest of therapeutic threshold and futzed around with timing before the FDA would accept it). And after finding that orally, basically not one molecule of dopamine reuptake inhibitor ever makes it past your liver and into your brain. It's a NET antagonist and coincidental nicotinic acetylcholine receptor antagonist. Go with atomoxetine and keep smoking.

Bypassing first pass metabolism momentarily by other ROA gives you all the dopamine thrills of a Ritalin and leaves the risk of seizures intact.

High risk, no reward, it seems.

Since I didn't find any other thread about it here, I'll divide my "experiments" with some facts

My history (just skip this part if you want the Bupropion technique)
1. I was diagnosed with ADHD by my neuropsychologist which I've been seeing for years after a battery of tests and days of conversation. She was the one who brought the ADHD topic, I always thought I had lack of attention because I'm anxious. I tried cocaine in several ways which I thought wouldn't be harmful and it worked (see my previous threads) and it was kinda working until I noticed a mild addiction was forming and decided to stop.
2. She wrote a report about my case and gave me to take to my psychiatrist. He is a douche and I knew he wouldn't even care anyway. He said he "disagrees" with my neuropsychologist (I didn't even bring the topic to him or to any psychiatrist before. He just "disagreed with her", even after several concentration tests were performed and were positive for ADHD and besides years of therapy with her.). He is also the first psychiatrist to say I'm too "aggressive" and that most my previously diagnosed anxiety episodes were actually manic episodes. I ended up agreeing with him, that I may have social anxiety and mania. He prescribed me quetiapine which was horrible and turned me into a zombie, as reported by my previous threads.
3. I was able to at least convince him to change my Pristiq to Wellbutrin to see if works. He did it.

So, about the Bupropion:
1. Actually, the only reason why this doesn't works exactly like an amphetamine is that it's extensively converted into other metabolites which don't target DA and NE o release dopamine and norepinephrine. Their concentration rapidly overcomes Bupropion's concentration in a MUCH higher level, like 80% more (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bupropion#Pharmacology ).
2. Bupropion is metabolized by CYP2B6, which, according to several sources, the strongest inhibitor of this enzyme is "orphenadrine" (it's even the one they warn about in their official printed directions leaflet. I thought "cool, orphenadrine is fucking cheap and it's a muscle relaxer, something I very much appreciate". Turns out that, unfortunately, orphenadrine (according to this study http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/content/32/6/626 ) didn't even touch bupropion metabolism in vitro.
The drug with the lowest IC50 was Ticlopidine. I found it. And found a study in humans after that ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15961986 ). Perfect. Ticlopidine indeed increased Bupropion AUC by 83%, so I'd be taking like, 83% "pure" bupropion using those doses in the article. This is indeed a very high increase. I'm actually kinda afraid of trying and having seizures since I'm also benzodiazepine dependent (but taking my normal dosages). Do you guys know about any OTC medicine that increases the seizure threshold?

My final questions, for you guys that understand about this much more than me:
Does it make sense? Am I'm gonna be able to turn Bupropion into a stimulant-like drug without doing stupid things like crushing it or snorting it?

Sorry for my English, I hope you guys are able to understand it.

cacachanel, please don't snort Bupropion and don't take it with CYP2B6 enzyme inhibitor - its dangerous and most likely will not make you feeling good at all!

If you are really that anxious to get something out of it, you may try anal plugging it in solution (but in smaller dose than oral) - this will bypass the first metabolism by the liver. Still I do not advise trying to get high on Wellbutrin - you'll get waay more side effects than pleasure! Just use it as prescribed.

Be safe! ;)

Thank you for the help.
The anal plugging wouldn't be a solution because it would be too short-living. I want Buproprion to function exactly like Ritalin - DAT and NET inhibitors. It seems that it only doesn't do that because it's converted to inert metabolites much rapidly.
I'm using the oral XL version, so I don't think I'll get much of a high with it as it's released so slowly. But thank you, I just think you understand what I meant, maybe?

Don't take ticlopidine, it'll mess with platelet function and the effect lingers for weeks. If you insist on trying to inhibit 2B6 Ginko would probably be safer. Regardless, even if you prevent hydroxylation, bupropion probably won't feel like ritalin. Do you not find the bupropion useful for ADHD at all?

It's not going to be like Ritalin...despite the overlapping purported mechanism, they're classed differently for a reason. They also feel different. When you get up to the dose of bupropion that genuinely induces euphoria in the way that Ritalin might, you're at high risk for seizing. And even then, they're not the same.

Its unfortunate that there's no FDA-approved medication for stimulant addiction.

IIRC the FDA had to reduce the maximum prescribeable amount because of high rates of seizures. Your only real chance of getting something from next to nothing is the plugging idea, and not too far up as bypassing the hepatic portal is key. There's no way that the ER formulation is going to last longer if you try to cheat the metabolism. Trying to spin gold out of hay is a losing, frustrating endeavor.

I never got a buzz or any type of amphetamine feel from bupropion. It sounded like it could be decent so got somebody to together a script and bought it. I was not impressed. I can see it working somewhat as an anti depressant taken as prescribed.

Well, I have been taking 300mg bupropion daily and meanwhile I snorted speed and get high normally. Bupropion did not block the amphetamine sulphate action. Even bupropion can do more powerful the effects of stimulants because get higher dopamine levels than only with the stimulant

Other thing is a dopamine level ever higher than normal, here you notice less the stimulant like amphetamines, methylphenidate or cocaine

Ok rafayte, maby you can help anwser my question. Ok so ive been on wellbrution now for just over a mounth, and i really like it. It works well for me. its helping me to sleep (i have insomia) and it helping me to focus and feel more calm, (i have add and adhd) i also like the fact that its a slight stimulat, well enough to notice and that helps me, also it gives me no side effects at all. I only agreed to take it when my dr recommened it in th past because i have i had snorted it a few times and liked it, ut mainly i wanted to because it works on your dopimine lvl making it highr, and fro. previous heavy drug usage for 5 yrs i figured my dopamine is probely low, due to idk meth, coke , herion, using so much of it and molly lots of molly. Ok so i dont use drugs like that anymore but i will still take benzos or drink, or take ambian, or hydrocondone oxycodone. And being on the wellbrution has totally deleted the high? In the past month ive tried takinv ativan 8mg , koldipin 10mg and heres the kicker ambian 180mgs fucking nothing it was like i took nothing at all. i didnt feel the benzos at all and the ambian which i hadent tKen in over a yr, so. tolerale did not give. three d fuzzy tripping cthey did. i was pissd. i got all the side effecgrom it like not beinvto walk stragit and. shit bhphoria at all. no trip. wjthen i try couvh syrup and whisky, again fucking nothing man. sober as a bird. i go to a restdrant and order a er tthis was before the wbjince im on one wellbruter would make me nice.ng it was like wellburtikng that would normallhike what the fuck. i lokd see that benzos are .lows down the metalite ti.hem when your on well bfbian and it says heav and it could give you lol didnt know that kpins pins and had them ptstem. then ovalily it sayznk alchool while on sever pill says that re was the last t high, i got a tramdol this will work. its a paiteraction it sayive you a sezier or you in symdrome, by the wahe explain serotin sysdro.n acutally thing. cuz drugs ive done i think jbut it says it has someg and ways i wdsk and snort ghe trand also take some koldileven though i knew i. the. koldipin, and the dam fucking tramdol.t of options, i dont anymore, and defiengle being on the wdhink shit i know zadderal and would probdome to me if i askexmokes weed and is pregral and wellbrution and avmajor, i look up kraaction. fuck wellbris making it so i cant gdand it even blocks nictotiyour brain so now i canf bar or smoke a dam fu i cant even drink afecause i wont feel the effeyou im not lieing gthe thing is wellbrutikme feel better, oh i and i looked up weed at they feel a diffrdwellbrution or they wdd, but i havent smoonths, and wont risk igcause my job randomso like am i completed f can someone tell mdgh with while beinv that wont kill me lol. Igned up to be sober or some straight edged pussg this stuff, but the ecllbrution really rd, but idk what to dkt says the full lvl izmore weeks at six weekzk ounce the drug stablizes can enjoy a beer or a cian again? Really appricate the feed back, and has anyone experencied this or something like this before?

Sorry for the giberish, my phone cant keep up with my typing. what can i still get high on while taking wellbrution?

So anyone nothing

Hamster, Bupropion and Buprenorphine act the same way on the dopamine (and serotonin?) receptors in the brain. Chemically, the two Bupes have an affinity for the receptors and not only will they kick other drugs off of them (so to speak), they also hog the receptors preventing other dopamine inducing drugs from getting through.

It?s a side effect of the drug, if you are an opiate user. So someone who has chronic pain and takes pain meds could still get some of the analgesic effects of it, but they won?t feel it, the euphoria/feel good feeling.

It blocks illegal drugs as well, like coke. Other users here have commented that you shouldn?t do coke AND have Wellbutrin in your system at the same time.

As someone who has been on Wellbutrin for a few months, I can?t wait for my script to run out so I can be done with them. As the addict I am, I stopped doing all other drugs, even drinking, but my brain still craves SOMETHING. And stupid Wellbutrin has filled that void. I?ve lowered myself to snorting the things and now I can?t stop. Like cocaine, I will crave more. All for the little tiny high, if you can even call it that. I?ve been snorting them for a month now, so hopefully I haven?t done any crazy damage to myself.

Hey guys I was interested in trying this as the positives sound exactly like what I would be looking for - stim light dopamine push to shift you into action- but I did some reading up on it and it says studies found it to be genotoxic/mutagenic in some tests they did on rats.

Why is it still prescribed if this is the case?

Hey all, I got a Rx for Wellbutrin SR. A little background history, I've been using meth on and off for about 16 years now. Started smoking it, 5 years ago started IVing it. For clean for 2 years and slipped up early January to the point where I am maintenance using pretty much every day. One small shot, once a day. I've decided I'm sick of the guilt and shame of using and it's getting pretty lonely since no one knows that I slipped so I've decided to taper off of it. I can't cut back on how many times per day since it's just once, and I can't cut back on the dose as that will be tempting to redose in the same day, so I've decided to cut back to every other day, then once every 2, every 3, etc. My question is... Wellbutrin is a trisubstituted amphetamine. Should I begin taking it while I'm tapering or should I wait until I'm done mething around? I don't want any adverse effects of either. My health is a top priority for me. Any info, tips, advice would be greatly appreciated.