• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

the thing im going off of is the fact that amt's body high is the best thing ive ever felt,and lsd being a close 4th or 5th int hat category,plus both chems being pretty euphoric,i thinkill be ok,if i do happen to have a meltdown ill just go in a corner and ride it out lol

orbital_forest said:
well,i thrive on being on the edge of flipping out in public places,call me sick,call me insane,but i highly doubt ill freak out,

Don't be so big headed. You may think you are indestructable...but have you taken a-MT with LSD before? Prior experience means nothing. If it a new drug or drug combo...previous experiences are not relevant. Just because you can take this or that is no gaurentee that you will handle this. Of course, you will probably do it anyway...but too many people have been hurt because they thought what you did..."I can handle it."

How do you know if you can handle something you have not tried?

In the very least, take less. FOr most, 50mg of a-MT is a pretty big dose. Combined with LSD, and that should make for one SERIOUS trip. I'd say take no more than 25mg of a-MT if you are going to do this in public.

i am a rather chubby fellow and 50 mg of amt is just the right dose for me,and yes,i have done this combo before,just with about 75 mg of amt and a very very very weak dose of very dirty lsd (it was the sheet under the sheet when it was being layed,and it had been sitting under a couch cushion for 2 months) ...im really not trying to be big headed,as ive had my ego destroyed resoundingly twice already this year....

Well be careful either way. I’m not going to say I have never tripped in public before…but these days (other than the Rainbow Gathering in July, which really wasn’t ‘public’) I restrict my tripping to when I am camping in the wilderness, or hiking. I don’t like to be in situations where I have to appear ‘sober’ or have to fight back the effects. If I want to lie down and look at the sky, I don’t want to be hindered, or worry that I may look intoxicated.

BTW, body weight means nothing with psychedelics. I’ve shared them with enough people of all sizes and weights to know this. It is not like alcohol, where weight influences metabolism. And just please always remember, that anything can happen. You can have 300 psychedelic experiences, and still have a surprise on trip 301. Never assume you are strong enough to always control it. Best bet, is to never try to control it. Let it take you where it will. That is how to get the most from the experience.

Happy trails.

how much AMT have you done? sorry if i missed that part. it lasts LOOOONG. youre probably better off just doing AMT on its own. then sleep (hah if you can!) and dose the acid the next day, sounds like a festival or something ur planning on.

imo just do the cid alone, amt isnt that great id take cid over it anyday.

@thewood:ive used amt 3 times this year,5 if you count redosings,at a range from 50 to 90 mg,the reason i like amt is it is the most euphoric thing ive put into my body besides oxycontin. but lil in way of mental effects/visuals. thats why id like to put a low dose of lsd on top,probably about 3 hrs after ingestion,if i cant find any L then mushrooms will be tried. 50mg of amt gives me an insanely strong body high with lil to no nausea except for a mild nauseous anxiety stage at +1hr from ingestion.
this is not a multi day festival,just a one night rave. my ability to control my outward actions on amt and lsd are fine,so i dont foresee any problems.

ill definitely post back and let you guys know how it goes.ive got a lil over 2 weeks to wait still so thanks for the comments and all fellas. mucho good trips for me this month! i deserve it though,ive abstained from psychs and E and most other drugs for 2 months.

Last edited:
Storage Length Question

How long could someone store AMT in a baggie in a moisture free environment?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
a-MT is not known for long shelf life. I don't know how long under RT, I stored some in the fridge for a long time unharmed. If you know anyone who's got a "vacuum-sealer" and seal the baggie into one of those packages, it would probably greatly increase the duration, as oxygen is the main culprit.

I've had a-MT in storage (O2 free, glass amber vial) for almost seven years. No loss in color/potency. If well stored, it should last forever. Just make sure you always wait several hours before opening the vials so no moisture condenses on the powder.

I've had AMT in airtight box, in the dark, but at room temp for nearly two years, and it's certainly as potent as ever.

I think (according to F&B) that moisture is the real thing to avoid..

Yeah I've read all those complaints about AMT being unstable-but I have a hard time imaging where it should crack so easily.I mean Indoles are all to some degree sensitive to light (the anilinic Nitrogen),plus,the 3 position on the indoles is known to letting happen strange things.It usually requires some forced conditions or,in regards to the 3 position,a specific substitution pattern.

I remember Janssen selling it as a freebase in brown bottles, stored at RT showing a fine product still after many years.

Ah,is there a reason they make the acetates in TIHKAL of AET and AMT?Too acidic = danger of elimination of the amine to a styren?

Dandy!

I just went through all the worthwhile old AMT threads and compiled the meaningful posts into a brand new Big and Dandy AMY thread! I feel like we've needed this for a long time, so here it is.

Church, I tried to pick only useful posts, but you can feel free to go through this when you have time and clean it out. I would right now but I've got to leave for a while. If I get back and you haven't, I'll go through it later on clean it myself. I've just added this to the Best of PD page, but there are no archived scraps because I only selected posts I wanted to keep.

Enjoy!

Thanks Xorkoth, this is definitely a welcome addition.

Effect on other psychedelics:

I’ve found AMT to synthesize incredibly well with DPT and 2C-E. It doesn’t seem to remove any of the depth from these compounds; it simply channels them in entirely positive directions. On the surface this may seem to be a misstatement, because by removing the possibility of a negative experience it would seem you erase a significant portion of the psychedelic experience. However, in my experience the positive dimensions of both DPT and 2C-E--both drugs that are considered by many to be quite neutral emotionally--are simply expanded and enriched to the point where they seem every bit as vibrant and dynamic as they are on their own, merely of a different character (that of an indelible inner paradise).

AMT hydrochloride:

This last weekend I used 50mg of the hydrochloride salt--my first time with AMT in two years and my first time with the salt. Predictably, due to its heavier weight it was slightly weaker than the freebase at this dose. However, the white and ODORLESS AMT hydrochloride seemed to have a significantly lighter body load (less sweating, no nausea, and no headache (though I don’t always get a headache anyways). This could be chalked up to a higher purity or a change in personal physiology though. I also IM’d (possible with the HCL in water) 5mg after being at the plateau for awhile, then again at that same dose a few hours later. 15 minutes after each injection I experienced a surge of positive emotions and physical euphoria. The visuals did not increase, but the sublimity of the experience and its emotional depth did.

HCL with 4-AcO-DMT

Later still I used 10mg of 4-AcO-DMT orally. This was stunning. I spent about a half-hour looking at pictures of roses, thrilling at their beauty as though I felt their nectar pulsing through my own veins. I listened to highly orchestrated and harmonic music as it was this kind that reflected how I felt. I also found myself making involuntary humming noises, like an instinctive mantra my body was using to reorient to or make minor self-corrections with. The combo’s aesthetic, visually and emotionally, was that of rose in bloom, supple, rich, full, bright, and organic. In fact my bathroom garbage--full to the brim with wadded up toilet paper I had used as tissues during the prior weak with a head cold--struck me as a white flower bursting from its confines in an effort of dense, overlaid petals. The sight transfixed me: the chance confluence of the waste of sickness--crumpled blooms tumbled atop one another--overflowing from a trash can and bracing itself on a toilet possessed the image and beauty of a white lotus flower. The dichotomy nearly had me weeping. It retained that impression even after I came down, and it took me until today to finally empty it...

Last edited:
I've known of an AMT sample lasting over 7 years at RT in an amber airtight vial with NO loss of potency at all.
To comment on the above, AMT combines really well with most tryptamines / PEAs. I've found it to be really good with DPT and 2CI. 5meoDMT at the peak is fantastic and for the record did not last any longer than usual (which refutes the rumored AMT MAOI effect). AMT has a kind of euphoria that I've never experienced with any other substance. Somewhat like MDMA, but different in the sense that one is very sociable and positive without losing perspective and behaving indiscriminately. Not better than MDMA, but different and in its own way very therapeutic and unique. Low dose AMT works really well as a mood stabilizer and stimulant (>10mg). A really valuable chemical which is sadly now unavailable.
Also note that I did not find high doses particularly useful. The nystagmus, overstimulation, intense sweating and tremors combined with really redundant visuals and a lack of insights or revelations set the bar at no greater than 35mg, with 30 mgs being the preferred dose (sometimes would smoke the other 5mg if the peak fell a little short...).

Xork, great job on the thread.
I remember there used to be a BLer by the name of MagickalKat777 who had extensive experience with AMT but you seemed to have left out all of his posts.

I may have missed a few threads since I had to search through 287 of them, but all I did was go from top to bottom in each one, moving any posts I thought were useful and not redundant into this thread. Perhaps by chance everything MagicalKat had said had been said earlier by someone else?

Sometime I'll go through and try to see if there's anything else to add. But for now I'm going to investigate the possibility of a B&D 2C-T-7 thread.

Well then... look at the top of the thread list and enjoy! :)

2 years of keeping fridged have shown visual signs of oxidation (darker tan colour than it was when acquired).

i cannot vouch for loss of potency as my experience with this chemical is limited. But the 50mg I ingested today (in conjunction with an unknown but fairly low amount of AET... bag-licking, cleaning up my stash, hehe) confirm what my first (30-35mg) experience of AMT was - very heart opening yet a full-spectrum psychedelic. Minimal fear levels as the heart feels so open on this material. An incredibly benign substance, very forgiving. Doesn't feel toxic either. And that's coming from a borderline hypochondriac ;)