• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

i find mixing amt with any other stimulants quite overwhelming, maybe try a very small dose of both, i don't really know exactly what receptors DOC act on

I actually smoked ~50mg of AMT on the tail end of a DOC trip. Didn't notice anything special.

Smoking / sniffing AMT

Ate 50mg of AMT last weekend, it produced only a mild trip. +2 at best. Tried 35mg before that with similar results. Makes me jealous of all those people on erowid who have a blast at the 30-40mg range... Upping the dose seems like an obvious choice, but considering how limited/expensive this stuff is, I am wondering about other methods of ingestion.

My question is who has got the experience with smoking or sniffing AMT? Judging by erowid reports, smoking is a big no-no with a terrible taste and a torn lungs. On the other hand, sniffing does not seem that bad apart from minor aching. However, I could not find out whether insufflating is actually more effecient than ingesting orally (considering how effects vary from person to person with similar dosages). Can anyone shed any light on this one?

I can't remember the exact dose, but I did attempt to insufflate a small dose of AMT several years ago. I don't recall it doing much of anything. Although it did burn badly. And of course, if you have ever smelled AMT before (at least the batches I was getting from one of the original research chemical vendors), it's one of the most foul smelling substances on earth. Imagine that odor being stuck in your nose for hours.

Also, AMT has been around for quite a few years now. I think it's safe to assume that the reason you don't hear about people snorting it is simply because taking it orally is the best way to go. So my advice would either be to up your dosage or give up on this substance.

Try it rectally (use vinegar to sissolve it if it's freebase - forms the soluble acetate salt). That cuts down on the nausea etc, although it only offers a very slight increase in potency - 20mg rectally = 25-30mg orally at best.

Smoking it is incredibly unpleasant (from what I've heard, I have no desire to try it myself)

I've done AMT via oral, snorting and smoking.

Snorting (what I believe is the freebase) was incredibly painful and unpleasent. This is coming from someone who will happily snort 2C-B, 5-MeO-DIPT etc. In addition, it didn's seem to offer any improvement in speed of come up etc over oral.

Smoking isn't that bad really - the first time I tried it, it was a bit harsh and unpleasent, but subsequent goes have been very managable. You're only going to be smoking 5-15mg usuallly, so its not a lot of material.

I'd say go with oral, and top up with smoking - be cautious though, even when smoked it takes an hour to come on. After taking 25mg oral once, followed by 10mg smoked a few hours in, it didnt seem to have made much difference, and I was considering smoking more. Very glad I didn't, as half an hour later I was wasted.

AMT and serotonin

i unserstand that most psychedelics work on the serotonin receptors and i am interested in how AMT works on these receptors.

I developed a slight sleep paralysis when i was taking alot of MDMA and then i stopped and it died down alot, since i have found AMT and had been taking it quite alot recently.

I have noticed that my sleep paralysis has developed to quite severe waking up with things in my room and so forth, feelin as if my covers are being pulled from me, and falling through my bed, is this related to serotonin depletion? i have run out and have noticed i have not been gettin these dreams now i have stopped my use, i just curious to why serotonin is related with your sleep? what actually is going on when you are sleeping is serotonin levels realted to your dreams ?

Would like to kno what is going on really, has anyone else experienced it?

I also found i lost alot of wieght through that time, how toxic is AMT (i have heard it is quite toxic) does anyone take any supplements before and after dosing?

Much help appreciated

For supplements i often take 5-htp after MDMA and similair serotonin acting drugs such as amt, its very usefull :)

If you take the drugs too often they are going to turn back and kick you in the face

i have noticed my vision has been slightly blurry sometimes but no HPPD signs.., i know that i have injested too much MDMA and AMT over the last couple of months.. i could go on and say i have been abusing since me and my ex girlfriend of 3 and half years broke up but that is just a pathetic excuse really i should get a grip of myself.

I have decided to stop all drugs for a little while, i find weed is one that i can not let go even if i wanted to (and they say its not physically addictive: well it may not be but it certainly does get a hold of me)

I want to take things that are good for u, that reduce anxiety and tension and help promote health , i am going to give drugs a rest for a month, My MDMA usage is stopping from now on i need to regain some of the magic aswell as trying not to drink every weekend.

But I would suggest a 3 month rest at the minimum.ESpecially with MDMA the recovery takes months (personal experience,I even had withdrawal)

Does that include cannabis?

Cannabis,can't tell from experience.Theoretically,theres no interaction,but many trippers report enhancement of hppd like symptoms with it.After my 3 months drugfree time after the MDMA cold turkey,I felt fully recovered.Though the use afterwards had to be kept close to zero.MDMA is a very violent drug on deep levels and should not be taken lightly.

btw serotonin is deeply related to dreams/sleep.SSRI's give me the weirdest dreams possible.

"but that is just a pathetic excuse really i should get a grip of myself"--that tells me you still have good judgement and are on top of things!
If you stick to what you wrote,live healthy (food,sleep enough and some excercise/oxygen) and you'll recover.In me,this felt like a rebirth as I only found out later what all has been "deleted".

Don't know how the AMT interacted in your story,well it has been used as antidepressant formerly so there has been chronic use of it.(AET otoh was withdrawn because of cases of agranulocytosis).

Last edited by a moderator:
evapping amt stored in everclear

heylo,i have 50 mg of amt dissolved in everclear and im attempting to evaporate it so i can work with the powder. it is in everclear and a tiny bit of sweetbreath...what would be the best way to evap it so as to minimize loss?

Pyrex baking pans work great, there should be no loss if scraped carefully with a fresh razor.

amt+lsd combo

i was thinking of trying this combination sometime soon,has anyone had experience with it? the amt will be 50 mg dissolved in everclear,and i dont know how much lsd im going to take yet,if i do this combination it will be at a large rave. i dont think ill want too hard of a trip but i have done this combination before(lsd eaten a lil before the amt,lsd was very weak that time though,and i also consumed half an e pill 7~ hours after eating the amt) and id like to see the higher levels. any comments on safety or suggestions on dosage of lsd would be highly appreciated!

50mg of a-MT is a pretty large dose. If you are not wanting to trip too hard, then don't try unfamiliar combinations of drugs. Common sense man.

isnt it true that AMT has slight MAOI qualities to it? that might alter the effect of the LSD somewhat.

If I were you I would save that combo for a more comfertable setting so you could handle whatever it threw at you more easly. Just stick to MDx for the rave i mean its not like you wouldnt have fun =P

Yeah, I personally don't think I would enjoy freaking out in the presence of 8,000 people...

well,i thrive on being on the edge of flipping out in public places,call me sick,call me insane,but i highly doubt ill freak out,i can handle myself very well....just tryin to see if ppl have any experiences witht his combo,couldnt find any on erowid so figured id ask here....ive decided im going to do it for sure,just dont know how much cid....

swim combined lsd and amt some years ago. he first took an average dosed blotter. around 1 hour after the lsd peaked a pipe filled with ~10mg amt.hcl was smoked producing a very intense and euphoric amplification of the trip.
when the lsd was wearing of the amt still produced effects which were nice, but not as subtle and graceful as the lsd induced state of mind.