• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

15mg is pretty low, but it's good to be cautious. Personally I would take all 60, but if it was my first time, I'd try the 15 and then assuming it goes well, I'd take the rest of it, 45mg. Higher doses are much more rewarding and euphoric, IMO.

Xorkoth said:
Higher doses are much more rewarding and euphoric, IMO.

With AMT and some other chems this has been totally my experience too. There is much discomfort at threshold levels that is just blown away when the drug takes hold properly :) But YMMV, obviously, and with a new chem always start low - Erowid trip reports include a number of trainwrecks and trip disasters with high-dose AMT.

Complete opposite for me and many others. Higher dosages are not contributing much to the experience in comparison to the side effects. Side effects increase with the dosage and make it far less enjoyable. The dosage I always preferred was around the 30 mg's.

I am very conservative with the chemicals I use. I am not looking for a profound trip such as 20mg 2c-b or 2 hits of potent blotter. I like the subtle effects. I'm not much into hard tripping anymore....it scares me. Just like the DOx, the long duration is too much for me. I wouldn't want to trip for hours and hours and hours. 15mg first dose, then maybe 25mg. I must keep some for the evergrowing collection :)

I have just acquired 40mg of this stuff. I'm trying to think of what I want to do with it.

I have some experience with this lovely chem, dosages ranging from 40-60mg. However for the past several months (the last time I had AMT) I've been wanting to try the stuff in a combination with something mushroom-esque (psilocetan, miprocin/cetan etc). But I don't know yet for sure. Specially since I don't have anything right now.

I'll be sure to post back with my results should I go for the combination. Hell, it's about time I write another TR (would be my second) so I'll write one up if I just do the AMT solo. Which, "I'm not gonna lie" (hehe, I love this phrase), the AMT itself is tempting enough, so I might just have to do that one of these days.

I've not yet tried anything in combination with AMT aside from non-psychedelic things and marijuana, but I would think it would work very well to mix a strong tryptamine. I would expect the trip to be quite blissful but also intensely strong. I would take the tryptamine after the AMT state is well-established, though. I might even wait until hour 6 or so just to get the most useful and euphoric part of AMT all to itself as an effective primer for the experience. Plus, that way the AMT won't seem to drop off early, since in my experience when combining short and long psychedelics, the long one seems to drop off most of the way when the short one's done.

I've been thinking about trying 4-AcO-DMT on top of AMT for a while now. If you do this, please post about how it goes!

Xorkoth said:
I've been thinking about trying 4-AcO-DMT on top of AMT for a while now. If you do this, please post about how it goes!

That's actually the combination I think that would work best. The 4-Aco-DMT is for me a little more gentile than mushrooms, at least physically. So I reckon that would combine best with the AMT (though I think 4-Aco-MiPT would too, but I've never done it).

As far as the time-line, I'm going to have to agree again. Wait several hours and ride out the AMT, as it's just too pleasant to mask the entire time with something else.

I'm getting really excited about this now, I might just have to wait and take the AMT with some 4-Aco-DMT.

^^Maybe, but you shouldn’t wait until the headache shows up. I use ibuprofen therapy before during and after AMT use to mitigate the swelling damage of possible AMT-caused hypertoxicity (as well as free-radical scavengers and anti-oxidants), and haven’t gotten the headache since I started. Lots of over the medications work better when taken “preemptively”.

EDIT: I know of no scientific evidence that suggests AMT causes excitotoxicity or damage of any kind.

thugg said:
I have some experience with this lovely chem, dosages ranging from 40-60mg. However for the past several months (the last time I had AMT) I've been wanting to try the stuff in a combination with something mushroom-esque (psilocetan, miprocin/cetan etc). But I don't know yet for sure. Specially since I don't have anything right now.
If you haven't looked already, read Xorkoth's trip report on this as well as my brief synopsis of the combo earlier in this thread. If you still don't have any 4-AcO, and do have DPT, that is another fantastic AMT combo. For me, it provides a profound sense of blissful contentment and airy expansiveness, whereas AMT+4-AcO-DMT creates a kind of higher-energy, aesthetically derived ecstasy.

Last edited:
psood0nym said:
I use ibuprofen therapy before during and after AMT use to mitigate the swelling damage of possible AMT-caused hypertoxicity (as well as free-radical scavengers and anti-oxidants), and haven’t gotten the headache since I started.
Um, HUH?

Can you please back up those claims? I'm intrigued.

I mis-posted. The term is "excitotoxicity", not hypertoxicity.
Insults to the brain cause it through a variety of means, direct and indirect. There are a few simple and relatively inexpensive ways to mitigate brain damage (ibuprophen, vitamins C and E, aerobic exercise to improve brain vasculature etc), as it only occurs through a few major an influencable mechanisms: metabolic, inflammational, and mechanical, all of which cause excitotoxic symptoms and eventually neuronal apoptosis (cellular suicide) or necrosis. For example, free radicals react with neuronal membranes and compromise their integrity, leading to swelling and eventual rupture. The contents of the ruptured neuron include high levels of calcium, glutamate, and NMDA, all excitatory neurotransmitters. The high concentrations of these chemicals within the synapse cause a sustained depolarization of the neuron, resulting in a kind of cellular seizure and exhaustion of metabolic reserves. This eventually causes membrane collapse, spilling of excitatory neurotransmitters etc., starting a chain reaction. A great deal of damage from strokes, for instance, comes after the initial hemorrhaging as a result of excitotoxic mechanisms. As you may have gathered, all the symptoms addressed by anti-inflammatories, anti-oxidants, and free-radical scavengers are interrelated. Whatever damage AMT may do directly, while it is in your system, is probably largely unavoidable. However, using these therapies you can hopefully lessen any ensuing damage caused by the discussed mechanisms. I think I’ve related the gist of it, however this is all from memory and there could be errors/omissions.

^^Yeah, I've never heard any mentions of AMT induced excitotoxicity.

Jamshyd said:
That was not my question though. I'm familiar with excitotoxicity (and assumed thats what you meant). My question is, where did you get the idea that AMT actually causes excitotoxicity?

As an aside, Ketamine protects against excitotoxicity.

Nowhere. I was just posting of taking ibuprofen as a precautionary medication, and so mentioned a few other precautionary measures. That's why I say "possible" AMT mediated excitotoxicity (I didn't mean to imply scientific evidence for the possiblity). I mention "excitotoxicity" simply because that is the central mechanism of brain damage I have most heard about addressing with these therapies. Given that context, I didn't know how to interpret your request. I recall a MAPS study indicating that certain phenethylamines cause the production of free-radicals, and though I know of no evidence that AMT causes any type of brain damage, minor or major, I thought I should put some general info out there in the interest of harm reduction, especially considering my personal experience with AMT. My friends and I have experienced headaches, difficulty urinating, and strange sensations (a mild feeling of starting to fall when turning the head while walking), the prior two during use and the latter during the days after AMT use. None of this necessarily means anything significant, but in my opinion it's certainly worth the trouble of taking a few inexpensive precautions.

Thanks for the link about the neuroprotective properties of ketamine, that's a therapy I could get used to!

Last edited:
My friends and I have experienced headaches, difficulty urinating, and strange sensations (a mild feeling of starting to fall when turning the head while walking), the prior two during use and the latter during the days after AMT use

Symptoms 1 & 3 sound like symptoms of variations in b.p. (high blood pressure and postural hypotension respectively). While AMT is a weak competetive inhibitor of MAOI, it could only cause those sort of symptoms if your b.p. wasn't what it should be in the first place. I'd ask do you regularly use any drug that affects b.p. such as amphetamines or coke as they can adversely alter blood pressure in the long run

The only reported serious effect from AMT that I've seen recorded in medical reports is hyperthermia and that's only been seen to occur with high doses in combination with other circumstances (high ambient temp, other drugs that fuck up thermoregulation etc)

The "sensation of beginning to fall" is a symptom of variation in b.p.? I rarely use cocaine or amphetamines, my blood pressure is within the normal range, and I bike and weight lift regularly. The falling sensation always occurs for about 1 week after I use AMT, and only occurs after AMT. I've never checked my blood pressure at this time. I wouldn't continue to use AMT at all (I use it about 3 times a year) if I thought the symptoms were indicative of significant damage of any kind occuring, but it is still the only recreational drug I've used to cause any of the aforementioned symptoms regularly. I don't think it is particularly dangerous, but I, like always, will try to continue to treat it as if it might be.

Edit: Another telling point is that the feeling occurs whether I am walking, otherwise active, or not. For instance, I have experienced it while checking behind me while driving (it is mild and short-lived enough to not be dangerous). I’m pretty sure any sudden and significant change in my visual perspective while already “trucking” or “dollying” would cause the symptom. That the symptom is not contingent on heart rate or body position seems to lend credence to the argument that it is the result of a perceptual aberration rather than a symptom of varying b.p. The time profile of symptom intensity may also indicate something--with it beginning one day after use, peaking 3 days after, and subsiding within a week and a half--but I’m not certain what that might be.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents.

AMT is wicked, i did my research on bad combinations, possible problems and dose then slowly over a course of weeks worked my dose up to around 80mg with no problems..... i didnt build it up any further as i ran out and havnt since been able to percure the substance.... pitty.... the visuals are very strong (or were for me) when i got up to the 80mg level.... it lasted around 16 hours.... it was definatly a anti-depressant as well... i had been depressed for about a year and self medicated MDMA (stupid idea), As soon as i was regularly (for about a month) taking AMT (at psychadelic doses) i became very honist with myself and how my life was going, where it had been etc.... i wrote some good songs... i accepted alot of things i hadnt been able to previously..... I would very much like to try this substance again. Unfortunatly it has got a downside, the body load on several of my 40 - 50mg trips was quite bad.... feeling the need to urinate but being unable and having a few stomach cramps... other times i would be sick.... still...... try it out .

Peace
Jack

I get almost nothing in terms of visuals from AMT, even when I've taken it up to 100mg (admittedly not without tolerance from AMT taken previously).

I've found it to be wonderfully antidepressant and therapeutic as well. I find the body load pretty nasty on the come-up when taken orally. Converting it to the HCl salt from the freebase seems to reduce this quite a bit, especially the nausea. Taking the HCl rectally (the only way I use it anymore) eliminates the nausea almost entirely and makes the come-up anxiety quite bearable and at least twice as short. The dose seems about the same as with oral, but the entire experience is much smoother.

Great, great stuff. It also works wonderfully in combination with stronger psychedelics, especially tryptamines. Like MDMA and LSD, it actually transforms some of those drugs into brand new ones. Good candidates for this synergy are 4-AcO-DMT, DPT, 2C-E, and probably quite a few more.

Do you just add a couple drops of HCL to a-MT sitting in H2O? Or do you actually go to the trouble of crystallizing it? I can't imagine what difference it would make though, seeing as how a-MT base sits in a vat of hcl in the stomach anyway.

Now I'm playing with trying 30mg of a-MT on Saturday. Ahh, but then I have to be up the next morning. Scratch that idea.