• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AET Thread

Read the post right above yours. AET is a serotonin relaser like MDMA and it will show cross-tolerance.

They also both are agonist to HT receptors.

I imagine pot would just add to the stony-ness. I didn't bother to try as I wanted an untainted experience for the most part, and pot tends to have lasting effects on a trip for me. I didn't really feel like it towards the end.

I'll expect to receive a 150mg sample of freebase AET in the near future. My plan is to take ~10mg to test for an idiosyncratic reaction and then probably take the rest as a single dose. There doesn't seem to be many reports on Erowid so hopefully I can contribute something...

can't be bothered to write a trip report so i'll post my experience here.

took 100mg last night and had a pretty good time. i was kinda bored since i was home alone and it was HOT AS FUCK so i couldn't do much. this drug completely floored me, i had to crawl around on the ground if i wanted to do anything. my house was 90+ deg inside so i kept going outside to sit on the bench but it was hard and hurt my ass/back so i went back inside and sprawled out on the floor with the fan going and all of the lights off. i took a shower because it was so fucking hot, i needed to cool down; it felt great. i had the urge to talk and be social but nobody was home so i just stayed on the floor and listened to music until my brother came home.

around 1215ish, it was finally cool enough to lay down on my bed. it was soooo comfortable, i didn't want to move ever again. laying on my back felt really good but since it's burnt to shit right now, it was kinda painful if i relaxed too much :\ i passed out around 1245 or so (i think), woke up feeling kinda weird. i can't quite put my finger on what it is but it was something; it's gone now for the most part. i'm a little tired, kinda "off" but nothing major. i ate some breakfast and smoked some weed so i feel a little better.

this drug is similar to MDMA and i liked it a lot. i was warned that i was going ot be completely floored but as i was coming up, i had a burst of energy so i started doing laundry and stuff. it was a pain in the ASS to have to walk downstairs to the garage and switch out the loads once it kicked in. anytime i tried to do something physical (walking to the fridge to get water, walking outside, getting up to change the CD) it took an extreme amount of energy just to get up off the floor. i had it in my head taht i wanted to camp outside on my front lawn because it was so damn hot inside but i couldnt' be fucked to look for the tent so i gave up the idea. lol

no nausea or vomiting whatsoever. i ate a light meal (fresh fruit) about 15 minutes after i ingested my dose and it was enough to tie me over.

great chemical overall :)

AET deaths?

Etryptamine (alpha-ethyltryptamine) - This substance is listed in Schedule I of the 1971 Convention. Etryptamine is a substance with amphetamine-like and hallucinogenic properties with no current recognized therapeutic use. In the early 60's, etryptamine was marketed in the United States as an antidepressant. In recent years, there has been isolated reports of its association with the death of drug abusers in a few countries, including the United States. Etryptamine was listed in Schedule F to the FDR. It is being added to Schedule III to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and to the Schedule to Part J of the FDR and removed from Schedule F to the FDR.

Notes found in the Canadian rescheduling legislation of 2003. I was not aware of any associated deaths.

i was under the impression that MDMA's neurotoxicity was a product of it releasing both serotonin AND dopamine, since trypts have minor/nonexistent effect on dopamine i wonder how the mechanism of AET neurotoxicty differs (if it differs at all) i also wonder if the toxicity could be attenuated by taking a SSRI at the end of the trip. I'm done with MDMA, and serotonin releasers in general, but i would make an exception for AET if i had a better idea of how it could best be used safely.

EDIT: i was flipping through a book about pharmacology in the library and it had a section discussing how AET is a widely abused drug but AMT has very low abuse potential or some such, ill transcribe it when i get a chance. where are these pockets of phantom AET eaters hiding? they are partying and dying without anyone but textbooks and canadian lawmakers noticing.

Last edited:
Yeah, besides the guy in Colorado that got AET scheduled, as described in PiHKAL, I'd never heard of anyone using AET recreationally until the past couple of years. Where the hell did these textbook authors and Canadian legislators hear about it?

That's weird, ham... that book may be mistaken. I have tried both chemicals and I prefer AMT by a mile... it's much better in every way as far as I'm concerned. And has far more abuse potential (for me).

I have taken AET on two differnet occasions, each time 140mg orally in a gel capsule. This seemed to be a perfect dose for me, it produced very strong effects, but no discomfort or body load of any kind. It seemed much more psychadelic than empathogenic to me, the mindstate it put me in resembled shrooms more than MDMA. My sense of touch was affected in much the same way as it is with MDMA, but the pleasurable physical aspect was the only similarity that i really saw. It made me nod quite hard, like an opioid, and walking to a friends house was quite unpleasant and difficult. One thing nobody else has mentioned, is that this drug made my vision extremely blurry, more so than i have had with any other drug, though there were no hallucinations of any kind. While this would not be my first choice of a drug to take at a rave/show, a friend of mine took it at a show and said that he had an amazing time. From what he described, the nod/sedation may be affected by set and setting. I did not feel a great urge to be around other people, though social interaction was enjoyable, it was also enjoyable on my own. Overall I found AET to be a very enjoyable psychadelic and would defintely take it again if given the chance.

Hey, thanks for the mini-report! :) I also get the blurry vision, with AET and AMT both. Question: have you tried AMT as well? If so, how would you compare them? Personally I enjoyed AET but I found AMT to be many times better in every way, although it's also more intense and psychedelic.

I have never tried AMT, but have tried 5meo-AMT. Unfortunately it seemed to have been improperly stored by my dealer so it was a very weak trip and i did not get a full fledged trip. From what i did get, it seemed more visual, but also with a worse body load. I would like to experience AMT though, it sounds like one of the more interesting research chemicals.

nuke said:
Notes found in the Canadian rescheduling legislation of 2003. I was not aware of any associated deaths.

The only deaths I know of were from the 1960s when AET was used as an antidepressant (Monase - Upjohn) and caused some fatal cases of agranulocytosis. I think there are a lot of confused legislators out there!

Could I have a stab in the dark and say that AET is a strong serotonin releaser and pretty weak on the dopamine front hence the lack of that unique MDMA euphoria? It sounds less similar to MDMA than AMT does, would you agree?

Oh and another idea to ponder at...... Could AET be likened to Methylone, more so than MDMA?

Last edited:
Could I have a stab in the dark and say that AET is a strong serotonin releaser and pretty weak on the dopamine front hence the lack of that unique MDMA euphoria? It sounds less similar to MDMA than AMT does, would you agree?

Oh and another idea to ponder at...... Could AET be likened to Methylone, more so than MDMA?
If the former is so, the latter probably isn't. If I remember correctly, Methylone is more dopaminergic and less serotonergic than MDMA.

Yes it is
Thought so, I remembered reading that somewhere. Personally, I find it hard to distinguish Methylone and MDMA, experientially (although I took them mostly at different times in my life, so memory may not be reliable); but when a friend with a history of cocaine use tried Methylone, his first reaction to the effects was 'wow, this is like pilly coke, or cokey pills', and his second was 'can I have some more?'.

Alpha Ethyl Tryptamine Legality

Hey,

So i have seen that AMT (alphamethyltryptamine) is apparantly legal under UK law because its substitution is not connected to the nitrogen on its molecule and that seems to fall outside of current legislation.

I looked at a load of tryptamine dirivatives and can see that most do have their molecular differences attached to the nitrogen at the end of their molecule and that AMT is one of the few which has its substitutions or differences elsewhere.

Now, thinking about AET, it has its substitutions (i hope I'm using the correct terminology) in the same place as AMT. Does that mean that it will also be a legal compound in the UK?

I hope im making sense and that someone out there can help me answer my question.

Many Thanks
Jack