• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AET Thread

off-topic sidenote: I think a lot of the reports from the DMT section are NOT from shulgin and might reflect less than perfect ingestion techniques. Just a hunch.

Most of the reports in both books are not Shulgins. In PIHKAL, the majority come from his research group (including him and his wife) but some are from documented literature. In TIHKAL, even more of the reports are from outside sources. ALthough Shulgin has done a lot of tripping in his day, he certainly did not write all of the reports in his books. In fact, I'd say only 1/4 are specifically his experiences.

morninggloryseed said:
Most of the reports in both books are not Shulgins. In PIHKAL, the majority come from his research group (including him and his wife) but some are from documented literature. In TIHKAL, even more of the reports are from outside sources. ALthough Shulgin has done a lot of tripping in his day, he certainly did not write all of the reports in his books. In fact, I'd say only 1/4 are specifically his experiences.
Yup, a couple of the accounts in TiHKAL are actually from the early alt.drugs newsgroup.

Xorkoth said:
I don't really like taking MDMA or methylone alone, and have never taken MDA. AET doesn't really make me want to talk - in fact, I'd much rather take it alone than I would AMT. I'd say you'll be fine taking it alone, or fine taking it with someone.

As long as it's not a first time with the stuff, best to try 1/10th of a dose first time to check for idiosyncratic reactions (better safe than sorry!)

^ compared to the other reports on here, those sound like fuckin' huge doses. Based on what others had reported I intended to start around 80mg.

Did you have some sort of tolerance at the time?

I haven't tried AET yet, but when I do I'll probably go with 130 mg. Tihkal reports dosage from 100 - 150 and none seem to be too much. I definitely would not start above 150 mg though. I'm also 170 lbs so I factor that in when deciding on a dose and usually go on the mid to upper end of Tihkal/Pihkal recommendations.

Last edited:
Hmm,maybe I have just taken a too low dose...how much did you take finally?

I'd like to note also that my best experience with AET were in combination with 4-substituted tryptamines, particularly 4-AcO-DMT. I once took AMT, then later AET, and then a bit later 4-AcO-DMT, and the result was spectacular, practically a high-frequency, DMT-buzzing orgasm.

AET sounds to me a lot like other tryptamines but without the visuals and maybe an absence of body load. so how does it really differ from tryptamines like 5-meo-mipt or 5-meo-dalt that have an mdma-like serotonergic body high with little in the way of visual effect?

Last edited:
Well, I dosed up friday night. I'm not going to write a trip report, as nothing really noteworthy happened, and I have huge holes in my memory.

I took 106mg (shooting for 100,flicked a little extra on the scale). I think 70mg would have been a better place to start for me.

It was like nothing happened until about 45min in. Then I felt a change, not unlike a very low dose of oxycodone.. slight stimulation & relaxation at the same time. This developed into a high not dissimilar to an MDMA high, except that it lacked any real euphoria.

I was floored though. So floored I couldn't get up. It was fucking bizarre in a way. It reminded me so much of a higher dose of MDMA, except that I didn't feel hot, and didn't get any of that forced happiness or "oooh shiiiny liiights.." stuff that i get from MDMA.

This went on for about 4 hours or so. I smoked some DMT, which was somewhat unremarkable (I mean I got totally zooted, but the AET didn't seem to affect the DMT high anywhere near things like LSD, MDMA, 2C-B, etc).

I felt very weak the next day, to weak to do much of anything except smoke kief and listen to music.

YEa, after reading all the reports I decided to start under 100mg. Still haven't tried it yet, but I was going to shoot for 80mg.

I guess its worth mentioning that while I never actually managed to vomit up anything (had about 8oz of apple juice in me), and wretched and wretched for a few minutes about an hour/hour and 15 min into it. It passed quickly though.

Reduction in brain serotonin markers by alpha-ethyltryptamine (Monase).

Huang XM, Johnson MP, Nichols DE.

Purdue University, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, West Lafayette, IN 47907.

alpha-Ethyltryptamine (Monase) is both an inhibitor of monoamine oxidase and a monoamine releasing agent. To determine whether alpha-ethyltryptamine induces serotonergic deficits similar to that of other monoamine releasing agents such as 3,4-methyl-enedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) and para-chloroamphetamine (PCA), rats were given multiple doses (8 x 30 mg/kg s.c.) of alpha-ethyltryptamine acetate. Serotonin and 5-hydroxyindole acetic acid (5-HIAA) levels and the number of 5-HT uptake sites (determined from [3H]paroxetine binding) were significantly decreased in frontal cortex samples at one week killing. A significant decrease in 5-HT and 5-HIAA levels was also observed in rat hippocampal samples. The results provide evidence that alpha-ethyltryptamine may induce serotonin neurotoxicity similar to that of MDMA and PCA.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=1722753&dopt=Abstract

anyone know if AET has a cross tolerance with MDMA?

also, is it synergistic with cannabis?

i may be trying some this weekend, will update if i do.