• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AET Thread

How psychedelic is it?
After taking it would you think of it as more of psychedelic than an empathogen?

What about maintaining in public (just wandering around downtown, nothing stupid)? If someone asked you for directions on the sidewalk would you stare a meter through their head, or could you hold a short conversation?

Visual disturbances?
"Whooshing" or rushing as it takes effect, or anything that might make you have to sit down and chill for a bit?

I think, at least at the dose I took (125mg), that I wouldn't really have been able to function normally among sober people. I kept nodding out like I was on heroin, and the mindspace is definitely one of a psychedelic nature, but still not exactly what I would call "psychedelic." Except for the fact that it does resemble the empathogenic mindset of MDMA, which I would call "psychedelic," so take from that what you will. 8(

Seriously, I think it would have made me appear like someone who is blowing up, while being smacked-out, all at the same time. And I felt euphoric, so I kept on running my hands through my hair and over my body, like I was rolling.

It made me just wanna lay around all night... the bed, the floor, the couch, the hammock, etc...

I find AMT definitely more psychedelic, but AET has an edge as well. I felt that AET did not hurt my social skills, nor did it help them. I was just with my girlfriend the entire time, but I think I would have been slightly uncomfortable in public, but not like I would with something stronger.

It had fewer bodily side effects than AMT. AMT gives me mild nausea during the come-up, jitters, body temperature issues, and sweaty armpits/hands/feet. AET gave me slightly sweaty palms, but that was really it except for a very small amount of jittery anxiety during the comeup.

No visuals were noted that I can recall. Overall my impression of AET is a lighter, more serotonergic, shorter version of AMT, but I prefer AMT.

An Exciting New Gift!

I turned this thread into a Big and Dandy, just for all of you! So from now on, all discussion of AET goes in here. Perhaps next it's time for an AMT thread...

Last edited:
I plugged 50mg of it after converting that sample to the HCl salt and leaving it dissolved in the distilled water I put it in, but I was already on another oral dose and I didn't really notice any enhancement except for perhaps a lengthening of effects. However, my guess is that it will work. I just considered trying a dose after work today, but I'm not sure I will and I'll probably take it orally if I do. But I'll definitely try out a rectal dose before my supply is gone.

I dont remember this being posted in this thread but isnt this facinating...

Hong SS, Young R, Glennon RA (2001) Discriminative stimulus properties of alpha-ethyltryptamine optical isomers. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 70: 311-6.
Full text in PDF format

Four separate drug-discrimination studies were conducted in rats with (+)-aET and (-)-alphaET serving as the training drugs. (alpha-ET is a tryptamine similar to AMT, and it has been reportedly sold as ecstasy. Separate groups of rats were trained to discriminate either i.p. (+)-amphetamine, DOM, racemic MDMA and racemic PMMA from saline. Only those rats that responded via drug-appropriate lever 80% of the time or greater were given test-drug trials. 1.5 mg/kg MDMA was used in MDMA training trials. Test drug given to MDMA-trained rats were 0.5, 1.5, 3 and 4 mg/kg (-)alpha-ET and 1.5, 2.0, 2.25, and 3.0 mg/kg (+)alpha-ET. Amphetamine stimulus generalized to (+)-aET, but not (-)a-ET, and DOM stimulus generalized to (-)alpha-ET, and not (+)a-ET. However, the MDMA stimulus generalized to both enantiomers of alpha-ET, with over 90% of MDMA-appropriate lever response after (+)-a-ET and (-)-alpha-ET. Potency of stimulus generalization from MDMA was only slightly higher for the "minus" enantiomer of alpha-ET. Both enantiomers also generalized to PMMA. When taken together, these findings suggest that racemic alpha-ET is comparable to racemic MDA in having mixed psychostimulant, hallucinogen, and other (entactogen?) activity. Alpha-ET is now a Schedule I controlled substance, but was briefly marketed as an antidepressant in the early 1960s. It has subsequently appeared as an illicit drug, with reported activity reminiscent of MDA, and has occasionally been sold as "ecstasy." Nichols and colleagues have shown that alpha-ET can induce long-term decreases in serotonergic markers, similar to that produced by MDMA. Geyer and colleagues have shown that alpha-ET produces a pattern of behavioral activation similar to that produced by MDMA in rats. This seems to be the first indolalkylamine (rather than phenethylamine) reported to have MDMA-like effects. Assuming that the MDMA-like discriminative stimulus identified by the rats in each of the enantiomers is related to the feelings increased of sociability, empathy, and introspection reported by humans (this assumption may not be true as drug discrimination research has led to several "false positives"), alpha-ET may prove useful in determining the neurochemical mechanisms of entactogen effects.

What this means is that each enantomer of a-ET has different effects...both generalize to MDMA in rats and the (+) also generalizes to amphetamine while the (-) also generalizes to DOM. One isomer is a stimulant/entactogen and one is a entactogen/visionary.

I realize no one can predict how I will react to a-ET...but question....how constructive and entactogenic is this stuff. If it really is like MDMA, then I want to save it...but for this weekend I was thinking of a nice mellow something. I do not like MDMA or M1 alone, but I don't want to take a visionary either. At 75mg, is the base of this stuff mostly a body buzz or is there real insight. From all the reports it seems that, "yeah I can see how this stuff is sold as MDMA but it isn't an MDMA-like empatheogen...just has rushes.

Again, probably a waste of time as who can predict. I just want something different and I really do hope this turns out to be unique. I may try 60-70mg alone this weekend. Looking for a little work to be done, but no serious spring cleaning. That is why I won't take a visionary. Just something to kick back on to get me thinking.

I find it not as useful as full empathogens, but very pleasant. I'm afraid I can't speculate on the 75mg dose because for me that would be barely threshold, but I have quite a bit of psychedelic tolerance lately. My experiences with it so far have been purely recreational.

As for your previous post, that's really fascinating! I hope I can get ahold of some (-) enantomer that you say generalizes to DOM and is visionary, someday.

Yeah you seem to be tripping every few days. :) Your tainted.

Church...you seem to react similar to many of the substances we both have tried...you said 125mg was too much. Do you (or others) think there is a big dose/response curve (like with methylone) to where half a dose may be like only 1/4 the effect? I guess I am looking for a pleasant buzz without being knocked over. But I am definitely wanting more than just threshold effects. Maybe 85mg.

^ Huh huh... you said "taint."

I actually thought that the next time I do AET it will be at about ~75-80mg. I really thought that the 125mg experience (remember this is the freebase) was almost *just* too much, so probably slightly under that would be perfect. I really enjoyed the experience, my only problem with it was that I was doing it alone, and it made me wish my girlfriend was there with me. I haven't taken it enough to know if the dose/response curve is steep or not.

But in regards to what you said, "I guess I am looking for a pleasant buzz without being knocked over," I had the impression at the end of my 125mg experience, that 80-100mg would have done just that.

Hope that helps. I plan on taking more in the next week or so. :)

Last edited:
If you aren't in a hurry, there is a decent chance I will try this one in the 75-100mg (the base) range either friday night or early saturday, barring some kind of interference.

I have no running tolerance to psychedelics (last trip in Oct.), though I took some MDMA on NYE.

I just want to test the waters as well, no deep diving.

I have been tripping often lately. I'm starting to get tired, though, so slowing down again is inevitable. I always just get excited when a plethora of new compounds becomes available to me. Almost every experience is a low to moderate dose; I haven't had a hard trip since 5 weeks ago, and before that I can't even remember.

In the spirit of being tainted, I tried this last night at 110mg, rectally, after converting it to the HCl salt, at 6:15pm. It went in easy but then remained in, making my lower abdomen area burn. I dealt with it for almost an hour, and then I had to go let out the liquid because it was still burning. It may have been because there was unreacted HCl left in there, which I didn't anticipate beforehand. Whatever it was, the burning stopped after that and nothing seems to be actually burned.

The effects started to come on within 10 to 20 minutes, but it remained rather subtle until an hour or so. It was smooth and difficult to tell when the peak was. At the 2 hour mark, I was overcome with a wave of pleasure and spent quite a bit of time laying around, writhing and smiling. The pleasure was nowhere near that of MDMA or methylone, but it was very nice nonetheless and didn't feel draining at all. Overall my legs were stimulated but my body as a whole was primarily sedated. I was forced to tap and shake my legs a lot, partly due to the pleasure and partly because they were restless with energy. I smoked and vaporized cannabis throughout to great effect - each time it enhanced the high. I also drank a dose of kratom somewhere around T+4:00, which made it even smoother and softened the body high somewhat without really impacting the state otherwise. The AET body high feels very clean to me, and does not produce a headache for me like AMT tends to. I had some minor eye fluttering a la MDMA.

The mental effects were pretty nonexistant, like the other times I tried AET. The extent of them was that I would briefly nod out, where I would still be somewhat aware but would mostly be absorbed into dreamlike sequences that in retrospect made no sense but which were very pleasant.

Comparing AMT to AET, AMT is far more mental and useful, IMO. It gets my mind flowing quickly and enhances my social skills, and greatly aids in conceptual thought and logic. AET has a more serotonergic body high with more outright pleasure, but something is less satisfying about it (for me at least). AMT produces a very unique euphoria which feels significant and extremely pleasurable emotionally and mentally, a component that AET seems to be lacking in comparison. AMT's only downside is that the come-up can cause nausea and anxiety, and it often leaves a headache behind. But to me those minor side effects are well worth it for a superior experience.

I've got one or two doses left, so I'll update at some point, but probably not for a while.

/mgs finds himself on the other side now, laughing at his own attempts to get strangers to tell him if he will want to take a-ET alone this weekend.

So let me ask this…since Church and Xorkoth are the only two with experience that are responding….do you guys like to take MDMA/MDA/M1 alone? See for me, I’ve tried MDMA and M1 alone (one time each) and felt like I was missing something…in other words that I should have done this with my girlfriend instead. It is a rare occasion that I take an MDMA-like drug (which I don’t think a-ET really is) and have learned to never waste those occasions alone.

I don’t know what the fuck I’m asking. 

I just don’t want to drop a-ET and then spend the entire time wishing I wasn’t alone. But I think that it is safe to say that a-ET is not an entactogenic the way MDMA is and I will probably have a dandy time by myself. I really do just want some hedonistic pleasure and since I am out of the opiate club now, this is what I think I want to go for.

Now to figure out if I want 80mg or 100mg.

I don't really like taking MDMA or methylone alone, and have never taken MDA. AET doesn't really make me want to talk - in fact, I'd much rather take it alone than I would AMT. I'd say you'll be fine taking it alone, or fine taking it with someone.

Last edited:
It's interesting that everyone calls Shulgin a "lowballer," yet his dose range for
AET starts at 100mg.

MGS, I personally looooove taking MDMA/MDA alone (never had a desire to do methylone, at least not yet), and I found that at the high dose of AET I took, I wasn't really enjoying being alone. I do think, however, that at a lower dose it would have been perfect alone! Just not at 125mg...

djfriendly said:
It's interesting that everyone calls Shulgin a "lowballer," yet his dose range for
AET starts at 100mg.

It varies....He has high dosages for 2C-E, DMT, and other...and then just right dosages for many things, and then he is on the low end for many of the 2Cs...especially 2C-T-7 and 2C-B.

I think with the PEAs....many he tended to 'lowball' on. But as far as the drugs in TIHKAL...I think he was right on the money most of the time...or sometimes a bit too high even.