• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AET Thread

Neurotoxicity?

Treament with AET had no significant effect of NE, DA, DOPAC, or HVA levels either in the cortex or hippocampus samples one week following four days of AET treatment. But, as seen in fig. 1, AET produced a significant decrease in all serotonergic markers (5-HT, 5-HIAA and the number of 5-HT uptake sites) in the frontal cortex. Similarly, both 5-HT and 5-HIAA were significantly decreased in the hippocampus at one week post-administration.

http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?A=ShowDocPartFrame&ID=672&DocPartID=586

Whether or not this is similar to the neurotoxicity of MDMA is up for debate. However, I would be advised that excessive use of this compound may lead to hangovers similar to those induced by AMT or MDMA/MDA.

AET Trip Report

[Xorkoth]: I turned this thread into a Big and Dandy, because we've started to need one! I cleaned it up some, but really it was pretty clean already.

I ended up acquiring some of this, and here is the link to my trip report, a summary of 3 trials at various dosages and methods of administration.

The trip report thread prompted some discussion of its effects, so I've also copied those posts over to this thread, below.

[Fizzacyst]: Can you describe the tolerance that developed, if any? Have you been taking any other things that would have affected this... or a "running tolerance"? When I used to trip once a week or so, it seemed I had a semi-permanent tolerance to effects of psychedelics in general, perhaps a psychological thing, that took some time being abstinent to dissipate.

What is your weight, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm considering trying this weekend, but I have a small amount so I need the dose to count (don't want to under or overshoot the mark), nor do I want to be awake all night or have to sedate myself for sleep so it would probably be in the morning or afternoon sometime. Do you think that would be sufficient?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good report!
What exactly did you mean when you mentioned the dream and trance like effect? Where they akin to the journeys you take on MDMA and MDA? Im sure you know what Im talking about. PLease elaborate on what you experienced Xorkoth, Those quick mind journeys are some of my favorite effects from the MDxx types. To me its about the only thin psychedelic about them! :)

BreakingSet said:
Didn't someone report anaemic effects from long term use or high dose use?

No, fatal agranulocytosis - that's why it was withdrawn as an antidepressant in the 60's. That was from daily antidepressant doses (and was rare)

ADDITIONS TO THE REPORT:

- Snorting this stuff just felt evil and wrong... the pain, although not as great in magnitude as the pain from insufflated 2C-Xs, had a fiery, corrosive character to it that scared me, and actually made me so miserable for a good 20 minutes that I was in a bad mood and snappy to people. I've got no problem snorting small boosters of AMT, up to about 20mg, but AET feels different. Maybe it's because of the much larger amount necessary to snort.

- I had forgotten to mention one of my redoses... I put 50mg of the freebase crystals into 2mLs of distilled water, and added 2 drops of 30% HCl. I stirred it for a minute and the crystals readily dissolved as they became AET HCl. I then applied that rectally. Unfortunately I was already on quite a bit more than that from earlier and I can't be sure that it helped the high at all. My impression was that it did, though.

- Overall I definitely prefer AMT, but AET makes a nice addition to the "family", with unique characteristics of its own.

- Finally, the night of one of the days that this report covers, after the AET was only barely affecting me anymore, I took 25mg of 4-AcO-DMT fumarate (another to test that I've just encountered). It was my second exprience on it, and it was an almost completely ego-loss. It was so powerful that I sat down in my chair and the last thing I remember for 2 hours was everything in my field of vision fractallziing and bending in and falling through a single point. Then it was 2 hours later and my ego was hanging on my a thread. I pretty much went to the same place as I did during my earth-shattering 2C-E trip. That is, I woke up as fully as I think I could have, while still retaining memory as a human, into the universal consciousness (god, whatever), but I went so far that it became terrifying because I realized I was a fool for waking myself up from the wonderful slumber of subjective life experience. Because the force of consciousness, alone in an empty, black void, existing as a non-dimensional single point, leads a desperate existence of horrendous boredom and lonliness. I felt as if I was free-falling down dark tunnels, absolutely terrified because I was so out of control and was constantly bombarded with a cyclone of a thought loop that went between deluding myself into thinking this wasn't real, and back into realizing that not only is it real, but it's eternal, and I've gone and woken myself up from bliss. Gradually it slowed down to where I would occasionally get dragged back into the loop for a couple of spins, but mostly I was out and writing a few notes and reading some similar experience reports. I felt really great after the trip wore down, and was able to sleep easily when I wanted to. At the time I was starting to call it a +4, but now looking back I realize that it was too hazy in retrospect, and that I didn't really take much away from it. But it was definitely a strong +3 with powerful ego loss.

This makes the second experience I've had experiencing this void, and it fits with a lot of theory that there is out there and that I have myself, not only just because of these experiences. 4-AcO-DMT made it much, much easier than 2C-E did, though. I felt somehow removec from the raw panic and instead felt it indirectly, if that makes sense. I read an awesome trip report on Erowid after I started to come down that had some hauntingly similar themes in it. I'll try to find it...

Anyway, I've also had "god trips" that was sublimely beautiful and peaceful and glorious. So I'm not sure what to make of it. The one thing I can say, though, is that both of my terrifying void trips occurred while I was alone, indoors, whereas my positive ego-loss trips have occurred outdoors in nature.

Last edited:
fizzcyst said:
Can you describe the tolerance that developed, if any? Have you been taking any other things that would have affected this... or a "running tolerance"? When I used to trip once a week or so, it seemed I had a semi-permanent tolerance to effects of psychedelics in general, perhaps a psychological thing, that took some time being abstinent to dissipate.

Tolerance to AET itself developed fairly rapidly. It reminded me of MDMA tolerance, actually, except for the lack of side effects... the first redose added to the high for sure, but much less than the first dose, and after that I can't really be sure if I was just prolonging my high, adding a bit to it, or if it was all in my head. Each day's experience was noticeably weaker than the previous, even though the dosage steadily went up. As for long-term tolerance... yes, I've become fairly tolerant to psychedelics, primarily mentally. I've been tripping less lately for sure, but I'm pretty sure I'll need to abstain for a lengthy period of time to get to where I used to be.

What's your weight, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't... it's 145.

fizzacyst said:
I'm considering trying this weekend, but I have a small amount so I need the dose to count (don't want to under or overshoot the mark), nor do I want to be awake all night or have to sedate myself for sleep so it would probably be in the morning or afternoon sometime. Do you think that would be sufficient?

I've found that AET requires a fairly large dose, somewhere around that of MDMA or maybe a bit more, at least for me. I'm not sure how much you have but I'm betting it's enough for at least one good experiment. My second trial in the report was the best, for sure, if that helps. I won't claim to be an expert here though! And yeah, taking it in the morning or afternoon is sure to be fine. AET lasts quite for quite a bit less time than AMT, and is less stimulating as well. Overall I definitely prefer AMT, but it's nice to have both available and AET is a little more easygoing and gentle.

Dondante said:
Any hangover? It supposedly causes serotonin deficits like MDMA.

Fortunately, no. None at all. And I am very prone to negative aftereffects from empathogens. My totally unscientific gut feeling is that the tryptamine structure of AET makes it much safer to use and much less neurotoxic, if it is at all. MDMA, for example, feels like bad news, at least afterwards. AET does not. I'm saying this from 2 days after the last experience, so things could change... I just don't think they're going to.

Beenhead said:
What exactly did you mean when you mentioned the dream and trance like effect? Where they akin to the journeys you take on MDMA and MDA? Im sure you know what Im talking about. PLease elaborate on what you experienced Xorkoth, Those quick mind journeys are some of my favorite effects from the MDxx types.

Well, it reminded me a good bit of an opiate nod, except less distinct and more psychedelic in content. It actually reminded me most of when you're laying down about to sleep and your mind drifts off without you realizing it has, and instead of falling asleep you wake back up again and try to recall what you were thinking about, which seems like it was some big elaborate story, but you realize that it was total free-association giberrish that follows no logic whatsoever.

Last edited:
Xorkoth, where would you locate AET on the empathogen scale (if you can conceive of such an imaginary scale...) - say, what is it that makes it unique in relation to MDMA, M1 and perhaps 4FA? And where are the parellels precisely?

Um... hmm...

It is less emotionally opening than any of those you listed, IMO. It's the closest to 4FA, though. If you add AMT into the consideration set, then it's emotional opening capacity lies about even with it, or perhaps slightly more. AET is much more similar to AMT than to any other empathogen. They both are definitely not what I would classify as empathogens, but they have characteristics of that group, as well as having some definite tryptamine-psychedelic characteristics.

Now for an update:

I'm feeling very depressed today, 3 days after my last trial. However, I cannot be at all sure whether this has anything to do with the AET or not. My girlfriend had to go home to visit with her family for the next 2 weeks, and our few friends here have also left, so aside from my cats, I'm alone. Now, I always used to love being alone for a while, but for some reason I'm having a really hard time with it and I just can't shake the feeling of depression I have. We really haven't been apart for a very significant amount of time in a long time, so I'm not sure if this is all due to that, or partly due to that, or if it's mostly due to derotonin depletion or something. My gut says that it's at least 90% because my life companion is away and I just really miss her.

But there's one other factor I have to consider. Every time I use MDMA, for the following week, during the depression/anxiety I feel from its aftereffects, I regularly get these weird, alarmingly intense "rushes" in my head. I can't really explain them. They're not shocks like the reports of SSRI withdrawal, but they're more like a rushing wave that completely takes over my awareness and attention for a second or less. As far as I can remember, the only time I've ever had these rushes is after MDMA, so I'd come to associate them with serotonin depletion. Anyway, I've been getting these rushes since last night with quite a bit less frequency than I do after MDMA, but still often enough to bother me.

So I just wanted to add this bit of information just in case it does have something to do with AET. I'm really curious as to whether anyone else who's had AET has experienced any emotional or physical aftereffects.

NOTE: In the end, it did not seem to be due to the AET, but to other factors.

Last edited:
Well, as I've already informed you by PM, I, too, experimented with this substance the other night, and I did suffer some post-trip depression/paranoia. It was rather uncomfortable, but the experience itself was fairly euphoric and pleasant. It's just, it took me to a dark place in my mind, and the fact that I was doing it alone didn't seem to help. I was struck with the feeling that it would have been entirely different had I ingested this with my girlfriend, but in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't have to put anyone else through what I went through.

I will post a trip report in the next 24 hours or so. I'm at work right now, so it's out of the question. But I have had a couple days to try to integrate it all, and I'm ready to report. Just so you all know, I took 125mg, all at once, in a gelcap, which was possibly just a larger dose than I needed.

More to come...

Its worth mentioning that if the batch of AET that is going around is the freebase, it may not be necessary to take quite as much.

The freebase compound is about 16.2% more potent by weight than the HCl salt would be. Thats a fair difference, but nothing too crazy. About 100mg freebase should be similar to ~125mg HCl salt.

The AET in this report was definitely the freebase, although as I mentioned I converted 50mg of it to the HCl salt in some water. Perhaps next time I will take my entire dose rectally using that method. Anyone have any information about AET HCl specifically, by any chance?

Yeah, it definitely is the freebase.

I guess you *could* try smoking it... but the dose would probably still be pretty large. I having smoked AMT, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and getting similar harshness I would not want to have to smoke perhaps 70mg or whatever it would take of the AET.

Plus it smells like a dank basement full of mothballs.

I don't know anything about its stability when being heated.

Looking at a-MT...smoking a-ET will probably not change anything about it...except perhaps needing less. But I've yet to read a smoked a-MT report that sounds as good as a-MT taken orally and I'd bet $5USD that it will be the same with a-ET.

morninggloryseed said:
Looking at a-MT...smoking a-ET will probably not change anything about it...except perhaps needing less. But I've yet to read a smoked a-MT report that sounds as good as a-MT taken orally and I'd bet $5USD that it will be the same with a-ET.

Having smoked and eaten it numerous time, I can confirm this about the AMT at least. Let me tell you, its pretty damn weird to smoke a chemical and have it not fully hit you for another 1.5-2 hours. It also feels like what I imagine smoking plastic to be like... or that one time I was wonked on oxy in a dorm parking lot and lit the wrong end of a cigarette someone handed me.

Well, it reminded me a good bit of an opiate nod, except less distinct and more psychedelic in content. It actually reminded me most of when you're laying down about to sleep and your mind drifts off without you realizing it has, and instead of falling asleep you wake back up again and try to recall what you were thinking about, which seems like it was some big elaborate story, but you realize that it was total free-association giberrish that follows no logic whatsoever.

I've never done opiates, but I have had a lot of experience w//AMT 'nods', AMT would cause me to "nod out". Not sleep, lose focus in a relaxed, removed way.
Don't have the language to describe, but always thought it strange that a stimulant would cause the nods.

Last edited by a moderator:
AET is much like AMT in a great many ways, including the nod effect. However, AET is less stimulating and as such produces a more defined nod. Overall I absolutely prefer AMT. When I run out of AET I doubt I will pursue more, but I am definitely going to do my best to always have some AMT on hand for as long as I continue to use psychedelics.

It's been a few weeks since I've done AET and I'm thinking I'm gonna try it again soon, at a much lower dose... There was something very appealing about it, if it weren't for the dark territory in my psyche that it took me to, which I still feel is a result of having taken too large of a dose.

How active did you guys feel?

Would this be ok on a hike? Or a day in a big state park or something where I can wander around? Or is it more of a smacky couchlock effect?

Personally, it manifest itself as a smacky couchlock effect than anything else, but it was rather pleasant, and slightly euphoric.