140px-O-Acetylpsilocin_chemical_structure.png

Psilacetin / 4-AcO-N,N-DMT / 4-Acetoxy-DMT / O-Acetyl-Psilocin

line1blu.gif

External links:

Subthreads: (coming soon!)

Relevant Threads:

line1blu.gif

[original post:]

The old B&D thread has been archived due to size- it can be found here http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=262868

So- talk 4-Aco-DMT NOW!!

<3

Last edited by a moderator:
Crikey. . .

Wow. Archived already. The stuff hasn't been around that long and everyone has a great deal to say about it. Jolly good.

It's real nice stuff though, no wonder the thread got filled that quickly.

Which reminds me I really should refill my stash on this one. I miss psilacetin!

I have come to love psilocin (pure that is) more than 4-AcO-DMT. But psilocetin is a true gem, a wonderful substance indeed.

for comparative statements of psilacetin (4-AcO-DMT) and psilocin (4-HO-DMT) see both the 4-aco-dmt and 4-ho-DMT threads-

I like this one a lot - it feels like DMT to me- it can be very scary at times -

Yes, I find 4-AcO-DMT to feel very DMT-like, much moreso than anything else but DMT itself. It has the same high-frequency buzzing... so strong that it can be a little alarming, but it's still pleasurable. The visuals remind me of DMT as well, jewelled.

4-HO-DMT on the other hand, while DMT-esque, is just a different drug. The buzz is entirely lower-frequency, and the visuals are much more classically tryptamine, more like mushrooms (not surprisingly).

Without question though, I will say that I find 4-HO-DMT to be more deeply psychedelic and mental and emotional and eg-crushing. 4-AcO-DMT is gentler to the ego and is more uniformly euphoric. At least for me.

YMMV! (But I'd love to hear some others' opinions about the comparison between the two as I believe anyone would feel similarly.)

yes its hard to resist comparing them -

4-HO-DMT is so good - I feel so blessed to have been able to try that one (thank you angel!) =D

I need to discover more of it, as my last sample will be used tonight. It seems I've been lucky in the past, to have so many rare offerings show up unexpectedly. ;)

I actually found the visuals on psilacetin to strikingly resemble the visuals of some of my mushroom trips, I think I was mostly reminded of C. cyanescens (the hawaiian strain) - the OEVs were very smooth, soft, melting of things as opposed to the usual geometric patterning; it was as if there were clouds of fog flowing around the room. The world always seems to get a similar look when I eat the hawaiian mushrooms (which is kind of a tradition for me every time I visit the city of Amsterdam). That's only true for the visual aspects though; mentally C. cyanescens trip is very crushing, the hardest hitting of all different mushrooms I've tried; while on psilacetin I feel pretty much down-to-earth.

I wish I could try pure psilocin and N,N-DMT to see how 4-AcO-DMT compares to those - hopefully soon enough though!

Hmm, i dnt find psilacetin to be all that similar to DMT.
iv only gone up to 20mg with it though.

But the psilacetin visuals reminded me of mushrooms visuals where as DMT visuals are blindingly beautiful. OEV or CEV makes no difference sometimes. Its hard to rember if eyes are open or closed when in DMT space.
Also with psilacetin you still have a grasp of your ego and are conscious of everything around you.
On DMT you become the cosmos.

But i guess everyone reacts differently.
IMO they are nothing alike.

or are you guys takling about oral DMT? In which case i wouldnt know because i havent tried it yet.

Hope some of this psilocin thats been floating around finds me eventually (or i find it :) )
it would be nice to compare with other xxx dmt's (5 meo, 4 aco, the cocktail in mushrooms)

I'll chime in. This one is my current fave among the tryptamines. I'ts smooth powerful and highly euphoric in nature. It reminds me of ayahuasca sans all the prep time and naseua.

That being said I took WAY too much late one evening and lost control of my bowels while blacked out. Please be careful and know when to draw the line.

sadly Iv lost all interested in substituted tryptamines. 4aco was one hell of an experience every time Iv taken it but the level in which I like to trip can only be reached by DMT without risking some SERIOUSE mind damage. I like to go all the way, and realy going that farther for more then 20min, knowing my self, would result in long alting psychological effects. LSD is different though, I can take that one because its much mroe analitical and less earthy in which you feel so naturaly altered in such a case of 25mg of 4aco. Last night a tried a fairly alrge dose of huasca and found it to be to my liking, much better then previouse attempts in which Ifelt as though I was being probed and prodded by alien mental entities (not litteral).

I would like to give 4aco mipt another go though ;)

spun420833 said:
I'll chime in. This one is my current fave among the tryptamines. I'ts smooth powerful and highly euphoric in nature. It reminds me of ayahuasca sans all the prep time and naseua.

That being said I took WAY too much late one evening and lost control of my bowels while blacked out. Please be careful and know when to draw the line.
I once lost control over my bowels on a candy flip.

^^I did on 4-ho-mipt, and threw up simultaneously. Luckily I was already on the toilet with a bucket because I knew it was about to happen. But damn, I'll never eat a big meal before taking a tryptamine again!

It's interesting how when I'm tripping and get sick it's actually not that unpleasant or horrifying most of the time, but when I'm sober and picking out a chemical to take the idea of getting sick is a turn-off and makes me choose a chemical that is less likely to make me ill.

But I never get ill from psilacetin. Maybe a little nausea occasionally.

spun420833 said:

I agree. 4-AcO-DMT very much reminds me of a gentler version of ayahuasca. Also for me it hits quicker than any other oral psychedelic, and lasts the shortest (~3 hours from time of ingestion)

Of the psychedelic I've tried, it feels among the most physically benign.

On that note, I have on occasion noticed a sharp electric zapping-type feeling, which was a little alarming at the time. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also is there any reason to believe 4-AcO-DMT's safety profile (LD50, therapeutic ratio etc.) are any different than its more researched cousins (psilocin, psilocybin)?

I had a very rough trip on 4-AcO-DMT and mushrooms (which turned out to be BEAUTIFUL)-

this sharp electric buzzing zapping feeling you mention was present - it very much reminded me of the intensity of my first and only oral DMT trip -

e1evene1even said:
On that note, I have on occasion noticed a sharp electric zapping-type feeling, which was a little alarming at the time. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also is there any reason to believe 4-AcO-DMT's safety profile (LD50, therapeutic ratio etc.) are any different than its more researched cousins (psilocin, psilocybin)?
I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but I sometimes get mini brain zaps after a psilocin trip while I'm trying to fall asleep. As you know psilocin is considered very safe, so I assume the zaps are maybe a more indirect effect of all the stimulation from the psilocin on certain people's brain chemistry. If you're getting it from 4-AcO-DMT it's probably for the exact same reason I sometimes get if from psilocin and probably not because it's any more dangerous or damaging than its sibling. I usually just drink some alcohol or take a benzo and it stops.

ah my characterization is a description of peak effects - ie the world is electrified and buzzes and even attacks me sometimes (I remember a bush sort of menacing me on a high dose)-

it is a pretty scary chemical to tell you the truth, probably why I stopped doing it - although this could be due to setting - since all the aco trips were in the woods alone, stumbling around and all my 4-ho trips have been mostly in very safe settings-

samadhi_smiles said:
ah my characterization is a description of peak effects - ie the world is electrified and buzzes and even attacks me sometimes (I remember a bush sort of menacing me on a high dose)-

it is a pretty scary chemical to tell you the truth, probably why I stopped doing it - although this could be due to setting - since all the aco trips were in the woods alone, stumbling around and all my 4-ho trips have been mostly in very safe settings-
I knew these pegans who would always go out into the middle of the woods and take 15+ hits of GOOD lsd and just climb around on trees and shit like that getting in touch with nature.... I just know how you people can do that and remain sane! I'll smoke DMT in the woods, but try to have at least one partner with me, heaven knows I couldnt trip longer lasting deeply psychedelics in the woods alone at night without losing it to my own delusions.

Like your first ayahuasca trip out in a cow pasture, thats brave man....

Status
Not open for further replies.