• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big and Dandy 3-MeO-2-oxo-PCPr (MXPr) Thread

This trip report is exactly how I was feeling on MXE. I think we just need to try it and see how we feel, because this is definitely one of the chems that it's perfect for you or not.

So, now had two experiences with MXPr. I loved MXE, was up there as one of my favourites. The revelations, insights, and visions were unparalleled by any other drug for me and that amazing afterglow you had for days and days was magical. Sadly, the ban happened and that was that for me with it and other dissociatives, including S-Ketamine which ran MXE close. It's been over 3 years then since I touched any kind of disso's. So my receptors were nice and fresh yesterday.

I decided to go for the nasal route as my standard form of taking these, so just as as I did with my very first MXE line I insufflated 30mg's. Hit me like a freight train and holed at the peak, just like my very first MXE line at 30mg's. It was like visiting an old friend, yet a lot was different. No real insights, euphoria, or positivity. Just kind of empty, shallow and way more sedating. Couldn't open my eyes. It definitely lasts longer too but there was no afterglow or lift of depression (not that I have any) but just emptiness. I was so disappointed.

Felt really off this morning, kind of down in the dumps and soulless. It was around midday that it dawned on me that only few hours prior to sampling yesterday I had had an energy drink with 200mg of caffeine and then a really intense workout. I absolutely forgot that caffeine and MXE did not mix well for me. I always found MXE to be weird that way in that anything can influence its effects. Certain types of foods, sugar and spices even. It seems the same can be said for this one too.

I was always going to keep up experimenting so today measured 35mg. Much, much better. Very reminiscent of MXE this time, but I didn't manage to hole even with a 15mg top up after 15 minutes. Redosing never really did it for me on MXE either. I always preferred to get to where I wanted to be and then leave it till another time. However, this time it really was like visiting an old friend. It was very pleasurable; warm, glowing, smiley, stretching was amazing (used to love doing yoga on MXE), music was amazing and had that old MXE psychedelia and depth to it (I always find spacey downtempo/electronic/lounge/trip-hop to be ideal for these, like Tycho, Bonobo, Cinematic Orchestra etc), and I managed to get a bit of minor introspection which was greatly appreciated. And now I feel pretty good afterwards.

For those that really loved MXE I firmly believe you'll enjoy MXPr, especially if you enjoy it for what it is. They are very similar. I used to use MXE as a tool but I see (early days though) this one being used more for recreation, and that's fine. Next time I'll up the dosage and see where that takes me. I'm also now going to try and stop comparing to MXE as it has something to offer on its own and there's great potential with this one.

So, now had two experiences with MXPr. I loved MXE, was up there as one of my favourites. The revelations, insights, and visions were unparalleled by any other drug for me and that amazing afterglow you had for days and days was magical. Sadly, the ban happened and that was that for me with it and other dissociatives, including S-Ketamine which ran MXE close. It's been over 3 years then since I touched any kind of disso's. So my receptors were nice and fresh yesterday.

I decided to go for the nasal route as my standard form of taking these, so just as as I did with my very first MXE line I insufflated 30mg's. Hit me like a freight train and holed at the peak, just like my very first MXE line at 30mg's. It was like visiting an old friend, yet a lot was different. No real insights, euphoria, or positivity. Just kind of empty, shallow and way more sedating. Couldn't open my eyes. It definitely lasts longer too but there was no afterglow or lift of depression (not that I have any) but just emptiness. I was so disappointed.

Felt really off this morning, kind of down in the dumps and soulless. It was around midday that it dawned on me that only few hours prior to sampling yesterday I had had an energy drink with 200mg of caffeine and then a really intense workout. I absolutely forgot that caffeine and MXE did not mix well for me. I always found MXE to be weird that way in that anything can influence its effects. Certain types of foods, sugar and spices even. It seems the same can be said for this one too.

I was always going to keep up experimenting so today measured 35mg. Much, much better. Very reminiscent of MXE this time, but I didn't manage to hole even with a 15mg top up after 15 minutes. Redosing never really did it for me on MXE either. I always preferred to get to where I wanted to be and then leave it till another time. However, this time it really was like visiting an old friend. It was very pleasurable; warm, glowing, smiley, stretching was amazing (used to love doing yoga on MXE), music was amazing and had that old MXE psychedelia and depth to it (I always find spacey downtempo/electronic/lounge/trip-hop to be ideal for these, like Tycho, Bonobo, Cinematic Orchestra etc), and I managed to get a bit of minor introspection which was greatly appreciated. And now I feel pretty good afterwards.

For those that really loved MXE I firmly believe you'll enjoy MXPr, especially if you enjoy it for what it is. They are very similar. I used to use MXE as a tool but I see (early days though) this one being used more for recreation, and that's fine. Next time I'll up the dosage and see where that takes me. I'm also now going to try and stop comparing to MXE as it has something to offer on its own and there's great potential with this one.
Thanks for the report, as insufflation is also my route for dissos i enjoy this a lot.
What about the taste ? MXE had the best taste on earth imo.
Also, can i quote your report on r/Researchchemicals from Reddit for all people with eyes turned on MXPr if you haven't planned it yet ?

Yes, it absolutely does have that exact same distinct sense of smell and taste that you have when it hits you. I had totally forgotten about that strange taste and it was the first thing that I noticed and was like 'oh yeah this is much like MXE' when I was coming up for the first time yesterday. The powder is a little bit clumpy and burns a little, but as long as you wet your nostril before it'll be fine. Well it was for me today anyway compared to yesterday.

And yeah go for it, I don't have an account on there but happy to share the experience!

Nice ! 👃
Oh and what do you think about the addictive potential ? I would avoid redosing abuse like with MXE, maybe compulsive redosing is more common with insufflation than sub/oral/plug idk

It's interesting how some prefer snorting MXE, as for me, snorting is not only slightly weaker, it is nowhere near as magical, it feels kind of empty and speedy compared to oral.

MXE had the best taste on earth imo.
Yeah lol, I love the drip of MXE. Snooting it is probably in my top ten activities in life. The taste is almost... sweet, for lack of a better term. Always felt like MXE helped me to commune with the spirit world.

Want to try this new disso badly now >.<

I'm pumped about trying this, I should have some by about a week from now I suspect. :)

Nice ! 👃
Oh and what do you think about the addictive potential ? I would avoid redosing abuse like with MXE, maybe compulsive redosing is more common with insufflation than sub/oral/plug idk

Hard to say at this stage but I would say MXE was definitely more morish. I had the inclination to do a bit more but easily persuaded myself to wait until the weekend to have a proper bash. That being said, I have had thoughts this morning about giving it a shot again tonight but I really will not be able to so. I guess the more frequent you do it then you'll have the urges.

I should also point out that, despite being able to fall asleep easily on it, I have experienced both nights a disturbed, broken sleep where I woke up at 3am and couldn't sleep for hours after. This was even 6 hours dosing before going to bed so there is some sort of effect going on still that disturbs sleep. I suppose in a way this is a good thing so I keep it strictly for weekend purposes.

I find that dissos in general disturb my sleep, never found one that doesn't, no matter how sedating.

Indeed. Upon ingestion, I never tried to sleep after MXE until at least 6 hours had passed.

True, strange fact, want to know which process is involved from dissos to make sleep impossible during the main & residual dissociation

I wear a Fitbit which tracks my sleep. On nights I use dissociatives my REM and deep sleep drop to about half what i get on regular nights. I wake up feeling unrested.

I'm definitely watching this thread never tried mxe but IM k has been my favorite substance for quite some time. Interested in hearing more reports.

Last edited:
I wear a Fitbit which tracks my sleep. On nights I use dissociatives my REM and deep sleep drop to about half what i get on regular nights. I wake up feeling unrested.
Interesting! I've not got a smart watch but this feature is the main one I'm interested in getting one for (tracking health/sleep).

I have a dumb noob chemistry question that I've searched for and cannot find the answer for. Apologies if it's in this thread, I have read most of it.

What does the "r" in MXPr or 3-meo-2'oxo-pcpr stand for? Does it just stand for propyl (or rather "Pr" stand for propyl,) and they had to add the r because of the MXP "P" = phenidine thing, and the PCP "P" = piperidine? Like would DPT be called DPrT if named like that? Not that anyone would call it that. Or is it some type of isomer thing? I thought those all went at the front of names like d-amp vs l-amp. Or is it something totally different?

I'm guessing the first, but I can't find the answer and it's annoying me more than it should. Thanks for any answers!

Yes it stands for Propyl. There is a pretty good explanation at the end of page 1 and beginning of page 2 of this thread.

I can't justify using this substance, really, considering price and tolerance. Only exception is for answering specific scientific questions pertaining to its nature, like whether a low amount can stabilize / add quality to a high dose of EPE.

I've called it an upgrade before, but with these costs I might as well create a clean laboratory space where I can do the ketamine needle stabbing thing. MXPr's price is reasonable considering what it can add to a troubled life that has never come across MXE, but for veterans it just can't be recommended from an economical viewpoint.

In the US it would be more economical than ketamine price per dose. And while its slightly more expensive than other RC dissociatives its not so expensive that it would stop me from trying it.