• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe "The best high ive ever had" [Azelastine + Bupe]

ryax

Bluelighter
I have some interesting news and adventures to share,
I was looking to potentiate Buprenorphine, and i had succeeded. I had tried many other methods of potentiation and they all failed. Until..

I used intra-nasal bupe
and intra nasal azelestine
which is a allergy medicine given to people to clear their nose.

the only reason i havent done this continuously is one time i used too much azelestine and there is an adverse reaction where your lips go numb and taste like shit from it
(also, can make you foggy the day after)
I dont thinkwe have it in USA in pill form

The feeling was as if i was continuously going up getting higher and higher and higher and higher like i would as if the first time i had taken oxy . High lasted about 2-3 hours
edit: full mouth open orgasm status
I noticed nicotine gave it a negative effect (nicotine makes me want to nod on almost all opiates)
Cannabis was pleasant but actually unneeded .
The bupe dose i used was extremely low, less than 2mg, most likely 1mg

I assume that this is the most potential that you can get out of bupe, maybe this is what shooting it or other drugs feels like, im not sure, but its close to the best high ive ever had. Cant exaggerate that more. I just wish i could do this the same way in pill form but other allergy medicines havent done shit for me but make me tired

Last edited:
Where did you manage to try this medicine?

What is your tolerance to bupe/other opioids like?

Has any one else ever noticed taking ephedrine/psuedopephedrine potentiating or synergizing with their bupe?
Taking ephedrine with my buprenorphine absolutely makes me more noddy and some times a bit more euphoric.

I haven't found much that potentiates buprenorphine (through liver enzyme inhibition), except cimitidine. But the effect is barely perceptible anyway if you'e already stabilized on bupe.

Last edited:
Where did you manage to try this medicine?

What is your tolerance to bupe/other opioids like?

Has any one else ever noticed taking ephedrine/psuedopephedrine potentiating or synergizing with their bupe?
Taking ephedrine with my buprenorphine absolutely makes me more noddy and some times a bit more euphoric.

I haven't found much that potentiates buprenorphine (through liver enzyme inhibition), except cimitidine. But the effect is barely perceptible anyway if you'e already stabilized on bupe.
ive been on less than 2mg for over 2 years, ive been on bupe itself for 13 years.
when i was using aze + bupe, my dose was down as low as 0.5 to 1mg for a few months
when i take any other opi, after i step down to 0.5mg of bupe or less i can feel 100mg of codeine quite well. sometimes even the next day or same day after dosing low dose bupe.

Acquiring the azelestaine can be gotten from a ears nose throat physician, or general practitioner .you can say allergy stuffy nose etc or even deviated septum or tmj
they usually give azelastine in prepartion with Fluticasone

Fluticasone will completely kill the bupe high for up to 24 hours as its a steroid.

the only thing is that they have no reason to give you just azelastine without the fluticasone as far as im aware the only reason they split it into 2 drugs for me was because my insurance did not cover the flutic+aze combo

Last edited:
ive been on less than 2mg for over 2 years, ive been on bupe itself for 13 years.
when i was using aze + bupe, my dose was down as low as 0.5 to 1mg for a few months
when i take any other opi, after i step down to 0.5mg of bupe or less i can feel 100mg of codeine quite well. sometimes even the next day or same day after dosing low dose bupe.

Acquiring the azelestaine can be gotten from a ears nose throat physician, or general practitioner .you can say allergy stuffy nose etc or even deviated septum or tmj
they usually give azelastine in prepartion with Fluticasone

Fluticasone will completely kill the bupe high for up to 24 hours as its a steroid.

the only thing is that they have no reason to give you just azelastine without the fluticasone as far as im aware the only reason they split it into 2 drugs for me was because my insurance did not cover the flutic+aze combo

That sucks! I'd love to try it.

From what I've read, there are prescription antihistamines that can cause euphoria all by themselves. It's unfortunate they're not easier to access as I'm sure they'd help bupe out a lot.

I just stumbled upon some exciting news for North American antihistamine enthusiasts. . . 😵

Almost exactly one year ago (on June 17, 2021), the FDA approved OTC sales of "Astepro"-brand azelastine nasal spray, a fluticasone-free preparation that contains only azelastine HCL 0.15% as its active ingredient.

It seems like this product is finally almost ready to hit the market, at least if we can believe the official AsteproAllergy.com website and its claims of an expected release during the upcoming month of July 2022.

A pretty unexpected development, I'd say, but definitely a welcome one!

Well today, the new azelastine nasal spray (no steroids) was staring me in the face as I waited to pick up my meds.

I decided to go ahead and spend the 20 bucks on it & see how decent of an antihistamine it is.

I definitely noticed a slight increase in euphoria and analgesia after just 1 spray. But still not on the level of heroin or anything.
Kinda getting drowsy like I took a benadryl or something. Not sure if I like it.

Might kick myself in the ass later for spending 20 bucks since I'm already gonna be broke. lol

Perhaps you got such a nice buzz from it because your bupe doses were pretty low to begin with?
If I had been maintaining on .5mg for a long time as OP has, then took 1mg + an antihistamine, I'd probably feel pretty high too.

I have noticed a decrease in some pain right after 1 spray. Almost like a numbness in my limbs. Not the pins & needles kind of numbness but an "empty" numbness, like there's nothing inside my limbs. Apparently azelastine has anti-inflammatory properties?

A number of sites do say "euphoria" is a side effect of azelastine.

Anyone able to put this in better laymans terms?

"The anti-allergic agent, azelastine, has a wider range of pharmacologic effects on mediators of inflammation (including leukotrienes, kinins, platelet-activating factor, tumor necrosis factor alpha [TNF-a], and inflammatory cell migration) than other histamine H 1 receptor antagonists and histamine release blockers of its class. 22,23 Thirteen years ago a Japanese group published results from a blinded 4-week trial with 2 · 1 mg azelastine in 30 patients with mild-to-severe dementia 24 ; behavioral and psychological symptoms improved but cognition did not. The inventors (and the examiner) do not cite this article but in any case this line of investigation has now been followed up using an unusually high dose of azelastine (12 mg once daily) for 6 months in two elderly patients with advanced dementia. .."

Anymore interesting anecdotes or info about azelastine would be appreciated.

UPDATE : Been about an hour. Feels like I took a certirizine or something. That's about all. Little waves of some mood lift, but nothing worth going out of the way for IMO. Will indeed kick my own ass later for spending 20 bucks on something I didn't really need.

I think OP had a great time cause they were maintaining on such a low dose to begin with. They probably could have taken 1.5mg of bupe alone & still had a good time.

Last edited:
Well today, the new azelastine nasal spray (no steroids) was staring me in the face as I waited to pick up my meds.

I decided to go ahead and spend the 20 bucks on it & see how decent of an antihistamine it is.

I definitely noticed a slight increase in euphoria and analgesia after just 1 spray. But still not on the level of heroin or anything.
Kinda getting drowsy like I took a benadryl or something. Not sure if I like it.

Might kick myself in the ass later for spending 20 bucks since I'm already gonna be broke. lol

Perhaps you got such a nice buzz from it because your bupe doses were pretty low to begin with?
If I had been maintaining on .5mg for a long time as OP has, then took 1mg + an antihistamine, I'd probably feel pretty high too.

I have noticed a decrease in some pain right after 1 spray. Almost like a numbness in my limbs. Not the pins & needles kind of numbness but an "empty" numbness, like there's nothing inside my limbs. Apparently azelastine has anti-inflammatory properties?

A number of sites do say "euphoria" is a side effect of azelastine.

Anyone able to put this in better laymans terms?

"The anti-allergic agent, azelastine, has a wider range of pharmacologic effects on mediators of inflammation (including leukotrienes, kinins, platelet-activating factor, tumor necrosis factor alpha [TNF-a], and inflammatory cell migration) than other histamine H 1 receptor antagonists and histamine release blockers of its class. 22,23 Thirteen years ago a Japanese group published results from a blinded 4-week trial with 2 · 1 mg azelastine in 30 patients with mild-to-severe dementia 24 ; behavioral and psychological symptoms improved but cognition did not. The inventors (and the examiner) do not cite this article but in any case this line of investigation has now been followed up using an unusually high dose of azelastine (12 mg once daily) for 6 months in two elderly patients with advanced dementia. .."

Anymore interesting anecdotes or info about azelastine would be appreciated.

UPDATE : Been about an hour. Feels like I took a certirizine or something. That's about all. Little waves of some mood lift, but nothing worth going out of the way for IMO. Will indeed kick my own ass later for spending 20 bucks on something I didn't really need.

I think OP had a great time cause they were maintaining on such a low dose to begin with. They probably could have taken 1.5mg of bupe alone & still had a good time.
Bummer. . . I just checked the product website again and was excited to see that it was available in drugstores & on Amazon.

I know I'm going to end up buying a bottle regardless, like I did with unsurprisingly unamazing pyrilamine, triprolidine, and brompheniramine. (I'm kind of a sucker for antihistamines/anticholinergics. They're like Pokemon with me — I "gotta catch 'em all!") $16 is steep, though.

Bummer. . . I just checked the product website again and was excited to see that it was available in drugstores & on Amazon.

I know I'm going to end up buying a bottle regardless, like I did with unsurprisingly unamazing pyrilamine, triprolidine, and brompheniramine. (I'm kind of a sucker for antihistamines/anticholinergics. They're like Pokemon with me — I "gotta catch 'em all!") $16 is steep, though.
I'd say it's a useful antihistamine, worth having around if you're into that sort of thing. ;)

I find that things like gabapentin, cannabis, amphetamines & even weak stimulants like ephedrine can slightly potentiate or synergize in a way that "ups" the bupe experience. Diphenhydramine & flexeril are alright every once in awhile too but tolerance builds fast to those. But for the most part, not much else makes buprenorphine any better unfortunately.

Its ol but I managed to buy or find Vivispray or azelastinechloride spray and have a lot of bupe from tapering and I wanted to try this ultimate combo so I guess I wilk come back with results but, again for me or shoud I say I have very high bar or standard for being euphoric from substances apart psychedelics