• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

Imo it depends on the strain, a strain with high cbd and low thc content could be beneficial.

Thanks mate!

Trouble is being in the UK not even the dealers know what they are selling as its just known as weed......So could prove tricky to get the correct one.

Stimulant comedown

I'm about try amphetamine for the first time and I've heard that comedowns from stimulants are shitty. I've also heard that taking benzos can make them much less worse, but is it dangerous to takes benzos when the effects are gone and comedown begins.

I have 10 mg tablets of diazepam (Valium in the US) and soon also 20 mg tablets of temazepam (Restoril is the US). Temazepam itself is a much better benzo than diazepam, it does basically everything diazepam does, but it also puts you into sleep very effectively. I'm just wondering is it dangerous to use temazepam to force sleeping when coming down from amphetamines or is there no added dangers? They at least made alcohol (after months of frequent use) comedown and sleeping difficulties almost non-existent when I was on detox.

I'm about try amphetamine for the first time and I've heard that comedowns from stimulants are shitty. I've also heard that taking benzos can make them much less worse, but is it dangerous to takes benzos when the effects are gone and comedown begins.

I have 10 mg tablets of diazepam (Valium in the US) and soon also 20 mg tablets of temazepam (Restoril is the US). Temazepam itself is a much better benzo than diazepam, it does basically everything diazepam does, but it also puts you into sleep very effectively. I'm just wondering is it dangerous to use temazepam to force sleeping when coming down from amphetamines or is there no added dangers? They at least made alcohol (after months of frequent use) comedown and sleeping difficulties almost non-existent when I was on detox.
Temazepam in low doses should be no less safe to use than Diazepam.

Temazepam in low doses should be no less safe to use than Diazepam.

From what I've heard/read, temazepam is more toxic than diazepam (and also more addicting and harder to stop). But what I want to know is that is it risky to use benzos, especially temazepam, to "bypass" comedowns from stimulants? Or should I just accept that comedown is a punishment you have tolerate if you try drugs. Temazepam is tempting, because it assures good night sleep. Something diazepam isn't capable of.

the only benzo worth snorting if you must is ativan. It has a higher bioavailability than any other benzo. so that being said the others are a complete waste. you will feel the affects from the drug (xanax, klonopin, valium,) if snorted but thats only because the drip is going down into you stomach and the doing its job. Other than Ativan... your basically just damaging you nasal passage

Ativan still damages you nose when insufflated don't get me wrong but it is the only benzo worth snorting if you really feel the need to put something up your nose

I agree with that ^ for example a sativa strain would likely cause a panic attack or highten the anxiety, But a nice indica with high cbd may be beneficial especially if you are struggling to sleep due to benzo withdrawal

I dont think i even touched weed while i was comming off clonazepam, too much...like nervous-y inducing feelings. Or deep ruminating thoughts to a mind already going in circles from the withdrawal.

Yeah its honestly different for everyone because weed doesn't affect everyone the same way. Some people may have negative effects such as intensified anxiety, rapid heart beat, etc. But on the other hand, weed can be a godsend for people coming off of harder drugs. Myself included. Even if it's a strong Sativa, if you just put yourself in the right mind set and realize that you are doing yourself a favor by taking a break from benzos, opiates or whatever, then the weed will start to make you feel good and helps put things in perspective as far as the service you're doing your body by quitting.
Just stay positive and focus on your breathing and weed will become your best friend for any type of withdrawal.

As far as putting benzos up your nose ^^ alprazolam (xanax) and whatever it's called in the UK is by far better than ativan and any other benz. Maybe the bioavalibility could be better but as far as getting the best buzz snorting benzos, xanax is the best way to go not to mention it's just a better feeling in general even when you take it orally.

Nah man, taking benzos for an amphetamine come down is safe as long as you dont over do it and take too many. I've even mixed the two together (adderall and xanax, Ritalin and valium) at the same time and it didn't cancel each other out, it actually gave me a decent high. It gave me all the good effects from the stim without the shitty edginess that comes with it. As far as a come down though, you should be good like I said as long as you start at a small dose. Valium is pretty weak but at a good dose they feel nice so you should Def be safe taking a couple of those. Benzos are great for stim comedowns. Throw a little weed in the mix and you'll be feeling real nice.

Nah man, taking benzos for an amphetamine come down is safe as long as you dont over do it and take too many. I've even mixed the two together (adderall and xanax, Ritalin and valium) at the same time and it didn't cancel each other out, it actually gave me a decent high. It gave me all the good effects from the stim without the shitty edginess that comes with it. As far as a come down though, you should be good like I said as long as you start at a small dose. Valium is pretty weak but at a good dose they feel nice so you should Def be safe taking a couple of those. Benzos are great for stim comedowns. Throw a little weed in the mix and you'll be feeling real nice.

Yeh - just on week 4 of approx 300mg methylphenidate daily/at least 4 times a week. I only get to do this for one month each year - so.

Once tolerance builds to get you over the hump of the downers outweighing the uppers, the faster/mid acting benzos do it the best for me. Enjoy the stms while they're peakin' - once the sun rises and you've had your last dose, turn on the T.V. lay on your bed for a moment and let a few 'insert substance here' dissolve under the tongue' (REMEMBER THE PART ABOUT TOLERANCE). You can't under-do it, so try a minimal dose see how you feel in 20.

I prefer Bromaz if I'm planning to plow on through the day ahead, or, if I want to get to sleep then - you know what to do.

It's all personal preference when it comes down to it as most people know well by now.

p.s. hold off on the codeine as long as possible, empty stomach + not overpowered by the benzo, good times.

I am taking my new XR xanax BY THE BOOK, so if anyone has 1st hand experience with crushing (and taking) an XR pill, please let me know how this worked out. Preferably, I would like advice from someone who knows their reaction to xanax very well and doesn't have a huge tolerance (or knows how to account for it).

The bottle of XR says do not crush or chew. My doc said something like "the release mechanism of xanax XR is not like that of OC, so you can't abuse them." Is it possible that crushing the pill only slightly destroys the time release mechanism instead of almost entirely destroying it like that in oxy? A friend of mine took crushed a 2mg pill and reported poor results compared to a regular 2mg xanax bar. Unfortunately this kid doesn't understand all the factors involved in the effectiveness of xanax, so he could have eaten a full meal just before he took the crushed pill for all I know.

I think my doc was completely feeding me a line about the XR xanax not being worthy of abuse by crushing (he even mentioned not snorting it, but duh...). Obviously, my xanax dosing habits were in question before I got the script today. I just want to know if I can crush a 2mg XR pill and get nearly the same immediate up and down effects of IR xanax (dosage = ?)Thanks for your help. I really want and need to take my meds by the book, so I can't run an empirical test. Any pharmacists out there? Thanks a lot.

Hi,

simply use a porcelain mortar and everything will be fine.Can't imagine why you do that because the oral bioavaibility is 90 percent - the crushed pill is less than that. Have a nice evening.

JoEhJoeh

Last edited:
what happened after eating 20mg? i cant imagine taking that much. i get sick taking more than 3mg. tolerance builds pretty quickly with benzos in terms of helping with anxiety (did for me anyway). wait a while if you want it to really work i say. or just take 2mg more.

Hihi,

nothing happens except you are high as hell. DON'T LEAVE YOUR FLAT WHEN YOU DO THIS. You will for sure so shitty things, I promise you because I know it very well since i take Xanax since 2008.

NO SAFER USE!!!!

JoEhJoEh

xanax is kinda weird for me.. been prescribed it for years, so my tolerance is high.. sometimes i can take 3-4 mg and not feel a thing, other times i'll take 2mg and will be falling asleep an hour or so afterwards..

generally, once youve taken too much, you dont really feel the effects -- just get tired.

but that could be because of my tolerance.. dunno.

Hi,

I have to admit that's not true. Once you have taken too much OF COURSE you will feel the effects the next time - you just perhaps need a little more. And: sitting on the sofa and waiting for the WOOOOOOSH - forget it. Do something but be careful with going out. You will do shit for sure - and I know this :D

And just my opinion:

a tolerance of 2 mgs is not high. I can take 25 mg (yes you are reading right) and I'm still awake and enjoy the nodding.

It's different when i mix it with other benzos (I just take benzos and cocaine) - then from time to time I really black out (or fall asleep, i don't know). I just experienced it before with 4 mg CLam, 4 mg FLam and 4 mg Xanax.

Now I'm smoking a big joint and go to bed.

JJ

I am new on here and I want to throw some useful info on here for people going through benzo withdrawl but I don’t quite understand how this site is organized and where I can post my info. So I will do it here. Mods, direct me to the proper place if I am in the wrong space here.

I was going through 3 days of benzo withdrawl earlier this week and when I started feeling the electrical pulses and my jaw was clenched and everything was SUPER startling me, I decided to down 2 shots of alcohol ( i figured that if benzos were used to ease an alcoholic’s DT’s that it would work the other way around also, and there is NO info about this on the web). The alcohol stopped the shaking and panicking within 5 minutes! Now, it didn’t stop the intestinal discomfort, but it got me to relax for about 3 hours per shot for day 3 of my withdrawals. Just a shot or 2 every 3-4 hours. It helped me get through that 3rd day.
I just wanted to put that out there.