• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

Thanks for the moderation.
This actually started about the same time as I stepped up from walking to running. But I tried running back in March aswell, with no problems(except pain in the knees - which is why im walking now again instead). Yeah I've read about this "benzos stored in fat" and on every forum people say it's bullshit.
Anyway I guess I'll just have to keep doing what I'm doing. Things could be much worse. Flipped out on my last dose of Xanax and pulled a knife in front of the cops, luckily I only ended up getting pepper sprayed and cuffed. Should be happy Im free and breathing, but I ain't...

I'm with Soulgasm, permanent or a long time depending on the addiction. I would say though if you have got a tolerance you probaly have a benzo addiction if you have taken enough to get a tolerance. Being able to take 40mg etiozlam says alot, I once took 600-700mg etiozlam powder and lived. And over say 20mg+ zopiclone and felt nothing and the paramedics couldn't detect anything wrong heart rate wise. Zopiclone doesn't work on me now I belive.

Im glad to see this being asked. Im leaning towards the being nearly permanent in some people school of thought also. I was seriously abusing BENZOs for quite some time and my tolerance Sky rocketed very quickly as it does with most drugs, I think its a mixture of my metabolism and my addicfive nature which just makes me push it further and further very quickly.

I was taking up to 500mg diazepam a day or the equivalent dose of xanax/lorazepam/temazepam and have been tapering for nearly 3 years, I've been steady on 20mg a day for more than 6 months now. In those 3 years I've slipped up 2 or 3 times and bought large quantities of xanax thinking surely I'd get away with less than 10mg but no, NOTNING at all unless I took considerably more than that. So while im ok and well on my little 20mg of diazepam (which has no effect except to stop withdrawals) my tolerance is still sky high. This is annoying as I do suffer from some pretty severe anxiety at times and would like my Meds to actually work but a beta blocker is the only thing that will work to any degree.

I didn't know if this was usual or common so im glad to see the question asked.

Thanks for the moderation.
This actually started about the same time as I stepped up from walking to running. But I tried running back in March aswell, with no problems(except pain in the knees - which is why im walking now again instead). Yeah I've read about this "benzos stored in fat" and on every forum people say it's bullshit.
Anyway I guess I'll just have to keep doing what I'm doing. Things could be much worse. Flipped out on my last dose of Xanax and pulled a knife in front of the cops, luckily I only ended up getting pepper sprayed and cuffed. Should be happy Im free and breathing, but I ain't...

If you don't mind me asking how did you flip out on Xanax? Why did you pull a knife out in front of cops you're lucky you're still alive . It seems kind of strange to me because I have lost it several times and pulled weapons on people but not because of my prescribed benzo's those are what we call in the veteran community our don't kill pill. Look I have my share of mental health issues as part of the reason I am prescribed Klonopin and was told I would probably have to take it for the rest of my life which I don't agree with and would love to come off in one day, but you must have another underlying mental health issue to do something like that.

If you don't mind me asking how did you flip out on Xanax? Why did you pull a knife out in front of cops you're lucky you're still alive . It seems kind of strange to me because I have lost it several times and pulled weapons on people but not because of my prescribed benzo's those are what we call in the veteran community our don't kill pill. Look I have my share of mental health issues as part of the reason I am prescribed Klonopin and was told I would probably have to take it for the rest of my life which I don't agree with and would love to come off in one day, but you must have another underlying mental health issue to do something like that.

I guess this could've been a paradoxical reaction
Benzodiazepines, a class of psychoactive drugs called the "minor" tranquilizers, have varying hypnotic, sedative, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, and muscle relaxing properties, but they may create the exact opposite effects. Susceptible individuals may respond to benzodiazepine treatment with an increase in anxiety, aggressiveness, agitation, confusion, disinhibition, loss of impulse control, talkativeness, violent behavior, and even convulsions. Paradoxical adverse effects may even lead to criminal behaviour. Severe behavioral changes resulting from benzodiazepines have been reported including mania, schizophrenia, anger, impulsivity, and hypomania.
from Wikipedia

I am taking my new XR xanax BY THE BOOK, so if anyone has 1st hand experience with crushing (and taking) an XR pill, please let me know how this worked out. Preferably, I would like advice from someone who knows their reaction to xanax very well and doesn't have a huge tolerance (or knows how to account for it).

The bottle of XR says do not crush or chew. My doc said something like "the release mechanism of xanax XR is not like that of OC, so you can't abuse them." Is it possible that crushing the pill only slightly destroys the time release mechanism instead of almost entirely destroying it like that in oxy? A friend of mine took crushed a 2mg pill and reported poor results compared to a regular 2mg xanax bar. Unfortunately this kid doesn't understand all the factors involved in the effectiveness of xanax, so he could have eaten a full meal just before he took the crushed pill for all I know.

I think my doc was completely feeding me a line about the XR xanax not being worthy of abuse by crushing (he even mentioned not snorting it, but duh...). Obviously, my xanax dosing habits were in question before I got the script today. I just want to know if I can crush a 2mg XR pill and get nearly the same immediate up and down effects of IR xanax (dosage = ?)Thanks for your help. I really want and need to take my meds by the book, so I can't run an empirical test. Any pharmacists out there? Thanks a lot.
Alright at least for swims case, the only reason docs prescribe xr xanax and not IR (bars and whatnot) is because they don't want you to have to keep taking them throughout the day constantly like with IR. They also believe there's less of a chance of abuse and addiction which is bs cause alprazolam is alprazolam no matter what the release mechanism. If you just crush the 2mg xr pill it will hit you just about the same as a 2mg bar would, maybe packs less of a punch but the feeling is the same. My suggestion is to drop one in a can of soda and let it fizzle away into the liquid and just drink the soda. The carbonation and acidity will help break it down. By the time you're done with the can or bottle of soda you should be feeling nice. Also if you drink grapefruit juice before you dose (maybe an hour before) it potentiates the feeling. That's a whole different thread though.

Why is 0.5mg Clonazepam (Klonopin) so much harder to withdraw than 10mg Diazepam (Valium) ?
Even though clonazapam has a long half life (at least compared to xanny or ativan) diazepam has the longest half life of them all. (50-100 hrs) This makes it easier to come off of them because your body is automatically reducing the dosage in your bloodstream slowly and weaning off.
.5 mgs of clone is equal to 10 mg of Diaz btw too incase that was the main basis of your question.

I was on clonazepam for 3 and a half yrs and got very bad with it, i cant say how much i did at my peak but i would eat them like candy handfuls of 1mg pills, take them when drinking, anything. I eventually came off them by tapering in 2011 very slowly and have been off 5 yrs.

Damn dude congrats on getting off them how long did it take you to taper?? I've heard if you use em everyday for more than a year it takes nearly 3-4 months to get back to feeling normal is that true? Cause I had a bitch of a w/d from zannys and I was only takin em recreationally for like 6 months. (4-6 mg a day) Sensitive hearing, vision all fucked up, vertigo, constant ringing in the ears, heart palps, anxiety to the point where you become completely introverted. Oh and not to mention sleeping is completely out of the question. Anyone planning on doing benzos or already doing them, use them as sparingly as possible. If you have to, go on them for a week, then take a week off, on a week, off a week. Otherwise you'll come off them after a while and you'll feel like a completely different person and not in a good way. Any benzo user would understand.

Damn dude congrats on getting off them how long did it take you to taper?? I've heard if you use em everyday for more than a year it takes nearly 3-4 months to get back to feeling normal is that true? Cause I had a bitch of a w/d from zannys and I was only takin em recreationally for like 6 months. (4-6 mg a day) Sensitive hearing, vision all fucked up, vertigo, constant ringing in the ears, heart palps, anxiety to the point where you become completely introverted. Oh and not to mention sleeping is completely out of the question. Anyone planning on doing benzos or already doing them, use them as sparingly as possible. If you have to, go on them for a week, then take a week off, on a week, off a week. Otherwise you'll come off them after a while and you'll feel like a completely different person and not in a good way. Any benzo user would understand.

thanks man. I actually still have the calendar laying around that has all the information on it but I believe it took me almost the whole year, I started tapering maybe feb,march of 2011 and took me all way to dec I think. I remember telling my dr. That I wanted off the rivotrils(clonazepam) and you would think he would be supportive but no he didnt want to "mess" with my "medication" and see where it goes.

So i researched online and found just how dangerous being on them and comming off could be and the damages that could happen. So since the dr didnt want to help i just did it myself, no valium, just slowly reducing the amount every 2,3 weeks by like a quarter at a time, 2 mgs 5x a day for 3 weeks, 2mgs 4x a day 3 weeks, 2mgs 3x a day 3 weeks ect until i got down to like 1 mg then 0.5 couple x a day and so on until i got down to one 0.5 mg pill a day and started cutting off a quarter piece every 2-3 weeks and then eventually being able go like 2-3 days with nothing then taking again ect and i did go through withdrawal but i brought it down like a hell of alot, had sweats, funny feeling stomach, little bit nervous but that time i was power focused on getting off so i went with it. I dont know how long until i started feeling "normal" again but its been 5 yrs now and there doesn't seem to be anything long lasting or permanent and im better off without it, though i do really like opiates now...but im gonna say the whole benzodiazepine thing can be alot worse in certain ways. benzo.org helped me too i believe the link/site was.

thanks man. I actually still have the calendar laying around that has all the information on it but I believe it took me almost the whole year, I started tapering maybe feb,march of 2011 and took me all way to dec I think. I remember telling my dr. That I wanted off the rivotrils(clonazepam) and you would think he would be supportive but no he didnt want to "mess" with my "medication" and see where it goes.

So i researched online and found just how dangerous being on them and comming off could be and the damages that could happen. So since the dr didnt want to help i just did it myself, no valium, just slowly reducing the amount every 2,3 weeks by like a quarter at a time, 2 mgs 5x a day for 3 weeks, 2mgs 4x a day 3 weeks, 2mgs 3x a day 3 weeks ect until i got down to like 1 mg then 0.5 couple x a day and so on until i got down to one 0.5 mg pill a day and started cutting off a quarter piece every 2-3 weeks and then eventually being able go like 2-3 days with nothing then taking again ect and i did go through withdrawal but i brought it down like a hell of alot, had sweats, funny feeling stomach, little bit nervous but that time i was power focused on getting off so i went with it. I dont know how long until i started feeling "normal" again but its been 5 yrs now and there doesn't seem to be anything long lasting or permanent and im better off without it, though i do really like opiates now...but im gonna say the whole benzodiazepine thing can be alot worse in certain ways. benzo.org helped me too i believe the link/site was.

Gotcha yeah benzo withdrawal is much worse than opiate wd but opiates make you feel amazing no matter how shitty of a mood you're in or whatever the situation. The problem is though, unless you're selling to support your habit, opiates are financially a nightmare. You start doing stupid shit when you run out of them or your money and want to get high. I got arrested for it a month later but i ended up robbing a pharmacy for a bunch of 30s when I was fiending. Easily the dumbest thing I've ever done. Like I said I got caught sometime later but I waliked out of there with like a thousand blues and I just sold/snorted/sold/snorted til I got my door kicked down by 8 burly ass police officers and spent the next couple years in jail. Never touched an opiate again after that. So yeah the w/d may not be as bad but your whole life gets turned upside down when you're officially hooked on any opiate.

Gotcha yeah benzo withdrawal is much worse than opiate wd but opiates make you feel amazing no matter how shitty of a mood you're in or whatever the situation. The problem is though, unless you're selling to support your habit, opiates are financially a nightmare. You start doing stupid shit when you run out of them or your money and want to get high. I got arrested for it a month later but i ended up robbing a pharmacy for a bunch of 30s when I was fiending. Easily the dumbest thing I've ever done. Like I said I got caught sometime later but I waliked out of there with like a thousand blues and I just sold/snorted/sold/snorted til I got my door kicked down by 8 burly ass police officers and spent the next couple years in jail. Never touched an opiate again after that. So yeah the w/d may not be as bad but your whole life gets turned upside down when you're officially hooked on any opiate.

yea they feel right good hahaha.I dont know seems some people are different, like i kinda "chipped" for abit but i do have a discipline with it, not going above certain mgs of morphine/oxy ect but yea the benzo withdrawal could be very dangerous as opposed to any opiate withdrawal though i am not speaking for hardcore heroin users but i know benzo complications/withdrawal can kill. It really scared me when I was that in deep and I realized how far i was in and i wanted off but managed to do it, I at one time too was on ativan sublingual and then xanax. I switched dr.s and this Dr. tried me on one then another xanax was potent but had that rebound, took one/two for anxiety/panic then boom it was back again1-2 half hrs later it sucked, though it could get you really stoned and relaxed it wasnt worth it. Tried to convince that dr. that i had to be put back on rivotril, would not do it so I switched back old dr. and he put me back on.

I am dry tapering off Clonazepam by using digital jewelry scales. Each 0.5mg Clonazepam tablet weighs 200 on the scales, I am at 140 now, taken me over a year to get this far! My anxiety is extreme.....Keep reading that once I am off them anxiety is meant to get easier but cant see this happening. A friend suggested smoking cannabis to ease the withdrawal symptoms, dont know if I should try this as read good and bad reviews about cannabis and anxiety.

Using cannabis for the withdrawals. It's arguably the worst substance to use in benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Thanks for that, was about to get some and see if it helped me.......Think I will stay well clear of it now. Trying to find a way to ease anxiety whilst in withdrawal seems to be impossible.....Not even opened my front door for the past week as I am so scared of the outside world and this is coming from a 230lb 6ft tall martial art expert.....What have benzos done to me?