• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

Benzo tolerance didn't drop?

How long does it take for benzo tolerance to drop? It's been like 4 months clean and my Etizolam tolerance hasn't really changed.

not for nothing but should have dropped a bit in those 4 months. how many MG's were you taking 4 months back?

I have a very low tolerance for benzos and usually only take .5 - 1MG xanny. thats once of twice a month we needed at most. once that month goes by I can go back down to .5 to put me back to bed w/o a problem.

w/ Etizolam I used to be able to put back 4-6MG; I only would buy a 2-3 week worth supply of those. then I'd let a month go by before buying anymore. after that I would go back down to 1-2MG to help me sleep at night. so it surly does drop but its all based on person to person and addiction to addiction, so its a matter of time, man. let more time pass and it will eventually drop w/o a doubt.

It seems you most likely have an anxiety disorder and although it was probably exacerbated by the benzodiazepines it still has lingered in you despite your honorable abstinence. To clarify however, you definitely are NOT feeling withdrawals, but you're having major anxiety episodes for the first time since your usage, creating an equally challenging scenario. I would encourage seeking professional help and perhaps starting on other, less abusable medication. Good luck tho I know how rough it can get with anxiety but just know that taking a pill will only make things worse, keep up with the exercise tho sounds like you've been doing everything right so far <3

It seems you most likely have an anxiety disorder and although it was probably exacerbated by the benzodiazepines I disagree with this on more level then one, but firstly on a philosophical level, being that anxiety is fed by thinking about it and things like this. it still has lingered in you despite your honorable abstinence A non-proper taper can cause things to seem like they could possibly linger, but don't think like this, it's stupid. To clarify however, you definitely are NOT feeling withdrawals you don't know that but you're having major anxiety episodes for the first time since your usage,I wouldn't call them major or create any extra attention to things which shouldn't be. creating an equally challenging scenario. I would encourage seeking professional help and perhaps starting on other, less abusable medication. Ahh, sack up and get it together. Good luck tho I know how rough it can get with anxiety but just know that taking a pill will only make things worse, keep up with the exercise tho sounds like you've been doing everything right so far <3

It can take a long time to readjust after coming off meds and rebound anxiety even worse than before happens though usually that is initially after stopping. I'd suggest if it's to the point where you are worrying over everything that you talk to your PCP or a counselor. There are meds besides benzos that can help and if you're sincere about not returning to using benzos explain to them why so they can better help you or at least lay some fears to rest about what is typical. I've had plenty of ups and downs and been on many drugs and long term benzo use and sometimes just admitting how I feel to a medical professional curbed some anxiety. Picking up healthy hobbies to distract me from thinking too much also was helpful to a degree.

Considering benzodiazepines are treated for anxiety and panic, often 'short term' treatment option. You used them for 4 years recreationally! When I took Xanax, I railed tons and ended up taking more during the high without realizing. That was the 3rd time I took Xanax and I took so much that it was almost dangerous. 3 months later, I'm still suffering from horrible anxiety and depersonalization. That being said, I'm diagnosed with GAD. You, could very possibly be suffering from something as well. Just a guess though.

Guys, I didn't express myself correctly. Im well aware the anxiety comes back. I have OCD on paper and I seriously think I have GAD. But that's okay, I can live with that as I've done in over 10 years. The weird thing is, the symtoms of Benzo withdrawal has come back last weeks. Tinnitus, dizzy vision, stiff neck, sleeping disturbances etc. and it scaring the shit out of me. Im thinking what if all these months was for nothing because I ate something bad etc. I've read about waves/setbacks that its normal for recovering but how exacly does that work?

Usually 3mg is my dose. Back when I was using often I took 40mg at one point, but it ended poorly with me in rehab.

A long-ass time. I think it's permanent to some extent. After six months or so with a healthy lifestyle, mine went back down to a point where a reasonable dose will quell panic/anxiety and have decent effects. 40mg of etiz at once is a hell of a dose though.

^^ yeah i tooke like 20 one time by sheer recklessness and youth - I fell down the stares and think I got a concussion.

I took a few Etizo . I think they are great. My opinion is this, whoever said six months, or more, should start backing off their dose now. You better do everything else to help you out like eating vitamins and minerals, do some research into alternatives like nootropics. I'm a benzo user myself and I plan on lowering my usage, as an example of harm reduction. Back off your dose a tiny bit a week and you'll be fine. We're always here for shpport.

Last edited:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but some of the drug can end up being stored in fat cells and during detox saunas, hot showers, exercise is encouraged to sweat it out. Have you stepped up your workout? Maybe your body is eliminating what's in those fat cells now?

xanax xr is rediculous

I am taking my new XR xanax BY THE BOOK, so if anyone has 1st hand experience with crushing (and taking) an XR pill, please let me know how this worked out. Preferably, I would like advice from someone who knows their reaction to xanax very well and doesn't have a huge tolerance (or knows how to account for it).

The bottle of XR says do not crush or chew. My doc said something like "the release mechanism of xanax XR is not like that of OC, so you can't abuse them." Is it possible that crushing the pill only slightly destroys the time release mechanism instead of almost entirely destroying it like that in oxy? A friend of mine took crushed a 2mg pill and reported poor results compared to a regular 2mg xanax bar. Unfortunately this kid doesn't understand all the factors involved in the effectiveness of xanax, so he could have eaten a full meal just before he took the crushed pill for all I know.

I think my doc was completely feeding me a line about the XR xanax not being worthy of abuse by crushing (he even mentioned not snorting it, but duh...). Obviously, my xanax dosing habits were in question before I got the script today. I just want to know if I can crush a 2mg XR pill and get nearly the same immediate up and down effects of IR xanax (dosage = ?)Thanks for your help. I really want and need to take my meds by the book, so I can't run an empirical test. Any pharmacists out there? Thanks a lot.

all i know is that 60 2 mg xanax xr costs $800.00 supply and demand my ass whos gonna pay you over 13 a pill???????

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but some of the drug can end up being stored in fat cells and during detox saunas, hot showers, exercise is encouraged to sweat it out. Have you stepped up your workout? Maybe your body is eliminating what's in those fat cells now?

Your wrong. That is completely fictional and I don't see how so many people on this forum just make shit up off the top of their heads.. oh wait, drugs.

Guys, I didn't express myself correctly. Im well aware the anxiety comes back. I have OCD on paper and I seriously think I have GAD. But that's okay, I can live with that as I've done in over 10 years. The weird thing is, the symtoms of Benzo withdrawal has come back last weeks. Tinnitus, dizzy vision, stiff neck, sleeping disturbances etc. and it scaring the shit out of me. Im thinking what if all these months was for nothing because I ate something bad etc. I've read about waves/setbacks that its normal for recovering but how exacly does that work?

it took me six months to level out. hang in there.

Your wrong. That is completely fictional and I don't see how so many people on this forum just make shit up off the top of their heads.. oh wait, drugs.
It wasn't made up by me. Saunas/gyms were implemented in two top rehabs I went to. And I'm sober. What do you have to contribute to answer the question?

^You said correct you if your wrong. You were wrong. You shouldn't assume that if a rehab does something it's because a certain chemical is stored in a specific type of body cell that they are trying to purge. That is just complete fiction. That is my contribution, do stop BS. But, it is a thankless, endless job to combat the thankless, endless retards. So I won't now.