• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

I posted this in the recovery area of the forum, but realise it was probably better to have posted it here...

FIRST OF ALL, SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

I'm terribly sorry for writing this new topic when, through search, I see that it's been covered many times. I Just wanted one or two personal responses to make sure I'm not over-reacting or going crazy. I have read the other threads but I cannot understand why I'm having such a horrid time after such a short time of use.

I was prescribed Lorazepam for anxiety in January, and in February I had a heart operation. I was taking minimum 1mg a day and max 3mg a day up until this point.

At this point, I had no idea I was addicted (I'd only been on it for a month) but five days before my heart operation (catheder op for wolff parkinson white syndrome), I had to stop all meds. I stopped Lorazepam cold, and had heightened anxiety, shaking and the feeling of wanting to vomit every single day but I put this down to just being nervous for the op.

To calm me down, they gave me Lorazepam in the hospital before and after my op.

When I went home, I wanted to vomit all the time. I was worried because I thought something was wrong with my heart. I found that taking Lorazepam helped this go away completely, and I thought this was just the anti-anxiety effect - I didn't think this was prolonging the addiction.

Anyway in March I realised something was wrong and went to the hospital. In one week I called an Ambulance 3 times with blackouts, extreme anxiety, agitation... The list goes on.

I was told by every hospital that I had a problem with Lorazepam and that I must stop, but that they couldn't help me with that. I eventually begged to see a Psychiatrist who agreed that I was addicted and put me on a Valium substitute.

I was also put on Valpro (1500mg!!) and Cipralex. I managed to taper down to 4mg Valium before going right back up to about 20-30mg a day and checking into a hospital where I stayed for 11 weeks (!!). I really tried so hard to taper myself but the withdrawal was unbearable. I couldn't stop dry wretching and couldn't function properly at all.

Anyway in total I've only been on Benzos for 6months total and I've been off them for about 6 weeks but my anxiety is through the roof and my cognitive behaviour is weird. I'm forgetting things still, and the anxiety is crippling.

I just want to ask - is this normal?? People who complain about this seem to have been on it for years and I was only on it daily for 6 months. Is it normal that I'm still feeling awful for 60% of the day even after getting through the AWFUL withdrawal effects in the hospital and being clean for 6 weeks?

I'm on 450mg Lyrica to help with the anxiety and it does help, but I'm worried that people think I'm over-reacting, or if it's a placebo effect this whole anxiety thing? It was never this bad before Benzos but by all means I'm finished with the Benzo Withdrawal Syndrome so I just don't understand what's happening.

Can anyone shed some light onto why I'm feeling so awful after such a short time on Benzos, and why it's continuing? It's not as bad as the withdrawal which was genuinely awful, but my anxiety and restlessness is absolutely through the roof and I'm concerned. Is it this "PAWS" thing, or is that a bullshit term coined by the weirdos over at the cultish "benzobuddies" site?

Thanks so much, and I'm sorry if people are annoyed that this has been covered before - I'm just a bit desperate for answers that's all.

I was on comparable doses (clonazepam) for close to a year, tried to taper. Realized I would never actually taper and just keep popping full doses as long as it was around, and just hopped off cold turkey. Honestly felt nothing in the way of withdrawals other than a bit more anxiety, almost all of which was from reading about the w/D I was supposed to be experiencing.

I was on comparable doses (clonazepam) for close to a year, tried to taper. Realized I would never actually taper and just keep popping full doses as long as it was around, and just hopped off cold turkey. Honestly felt nothing in the way of withdrawals other than a bit more anxiety, almost all of which was from reading about the w/D I was supposed to be experiencing.

You're very VERY lucky, I think!

You're very VERY lucky, I think!

Possibly, yes.

On the other hand I think you're a little unlucky.

Also I'm going to put this out there as something to consider now that I noticed it reading your first post again. Dude you apologize for yourself way too much. Stop it, it's unnecessary nobody's mad at you.

Possibly, yes.

On the other hand I think you're a little unlucky.

Also I'm going to put this out there as something to consider now that I noticed it reading your first post again. Dude you apologize for yourself way too much. Stop it, it's unnecessary nobody's mad at you.

No problem, as a newcomer here I just didn't want to tread on anybodies toes.

I Just wanted one or two personal responses to make sure I'm not over-reacting or going crazy. I have read the other threads but I cannot understand why I'm having such a horrid time after such a short time of use.

I was on a low dose of Xanax for 6-8months. In the beginning I was only taking it (.25mg) for maybe once a week. Eventually it was .25mg a day and once a week I'd "treat" myself to at least 1mg. I've been through this crap before (+2mg/day for months) so I didn't want to be taking too much. Didn't matter of course. I took my last Xanax on August 11. The worst of it is definitely over, but I still don't feel normal. It's only been 16 days for me and I have no idea how long it will take. 6 weeks, man that really sucks that you're still feeling crappy. My anxiety, too, is through the friggin roof. Alcohol or Benedryl have been my only means for a decent nights sleep. A good diet and exercise can really help (says the girl who had pizza for breakfast). We are going to have to find any other way to overcome this BS. Hang in there!

Sorry if this has been asked before but can you insufflate diazepam (valium)?
I know oral works good and sublingual works better. I just miss putting stuff up my nose to be honest. Would snorting it at least be the same as sublingual? I don't wanna waste pills, but I'd prefer nasal to oral.

Sorry if this has been asked before but can you insufflate diazepam (valium)?
I know oral works good and sublingual works better. I just miss putting stuff up my nose to be honest. Would snorting it at least be the same as sublingual? I don't wanna waste pills, but I'd prefer nasal to oral.

No snorting it is a huge waste. The bioavailability is much much lower than oral and sublingual. You're maybe getting 20% when you snort it compared to over 90% when you just take it orally..

I have question in regards to memory and clonazepam. I have been on it for close to 3 years. I am on 8mgs a day divided into 4 doses. Basically 1 pill every 6 hours. I take them for panic attacks, spasms due to shattered S1-S5 spine and overall stiffness from the waist down. I know there are other drugs that can take care of the latter, but in the 3 years, the kpins seem to work the best, so the doctors are keeping me on that. Now lately I have noticed that my short term memory is starting to *errr...what was I gonna say?? ...I joke, I joke*, but seriously, my short term memory is starting to take a nosedive. I have done the required reading ( I don't just come here and ask a question without doing serious research first ) but what the research lacks is other peoples reactions / stories. Do any of you guys that use kpins have memory issues, be it long term, or short term, and if so, have you found a way to perhaps overcome this issue. Stopping my dosage is out of the question for now, but I am open to suggestions on dosing and dosing patterns.

^^^^^^^have you looked into nootropics?

I have actually ready about them a bit in the search for my answer. I already take a multivitamin every 2 days, and I take 5-htp. 5-Htp is a erotonergic precursor ( as I am sure you already know ) and multivitamins was also listed on the nootropic list. I am a little weary of the prescription kind such as donepezil as an example. I don't want to take too many medications at once. But the multivitamin / 5-htp combo does not seem be helping much. I can't quantify if it does indeed help any , since there isn't a measurement that I know of that would simply gauge the amount of short term chunking my mind can accomplish if I take a certain chemical. Stimulant type nootropics are out of the question because I am on Gaba^a modulator thus it would also take GABAA α5 nootropics out of the equation to help me. This is a difficult nut to crack but I am trying to find the right balance somehow and will continue trying to improve.....rather antagonize the negative effect Klonopin has on my memory. So to answer your question in short, yes...yes I have.

^^^Piracetam will definitely improve your memory problems with benzo's. I thought i was fucked..If it helped me (not going to go into past & the present) then i'd be very suprised if it didn't do anything for you. My memory was absolutely shot and couldn't even think of the word to say when talking to someone. 5-htp won't do anything.
Vitamins won't do anything
Piracetam, 4 grams a day, let me know how you go

Never heard of memory loss from klon usage. So far hasn't effected me in that way at all. Maybe on high doses it could hurt short or long term memory. They are addictive and hard to get off. If your tapering like I am its possible that wds could result in diff side effects for people with various conditions. I wanted to try that 5 htp but its expensive and now people saying its not working.

Is there any table of solubilities in various substances of RC benzos in various substances available online?

I can find the data for the medically used ones.....

^^^Piracetam will definitely improve your memory problems with benzo's. I thought i was fucked..If it helped me (not going to go into past & the present) then i'd be very suprised if it didn't do anything for you. My memory was absolutely shot and couldn't even think of the word to say when talking to someone. 5-htp won't do anything.
Vitamins won't do anything
Piracetam, 4 grams a day, let me know how you go

Thank you very much, I will give this a try and let you know of the results.

Anyone have suggestions on cleaning out clonezepam from your system before a test? This is for a potential employment but they use outside screening agency=douchebags. I know this is impossible to really answer but any info would be appreciated. I only on 1.5mgs now daily in my taper from 8mg.

Anyone have suggestions on cleaning out clonezepam from your system before a test? This is for a potential employment but they use outside screening agency=douchebags. I know this is impossible to really answer but any info would be appreciated. I only on 1.5mgs now daily in my taper from 8mg.

We're not supposed to talk about how to pass drug tests here at BL, are we? I'm a relative noob, but I don't think it's kosher.

Lol you just talked about it watch out. Account get toasted!!! Teach me how to shoot smack into my dick but no test talk or you out. Don't worry I not trying to quit but already found the info on this so don't sweat too hard. Actually do sweat hard just before test. I see it in other forums here also but your paranoid approach might become useful.

Hi people. How do I go about asking my psychiatrist for klonopin? Should I just ask him "can you prescribe me a small dose of a benzo for panic attacks"...? I went to him for social anxiety but he prescribed me suboxone instead due to my past history of heroin use (which is working very well for my depression/anxiety/energy levels) however I would like to have a small amount of klonopin on hand. I don't want to seem rude by just straight up asking him. I saw him last weekend and told him I was having some minor panic episodes but he raised my dose of suboxone and didn't mention benzos lol. When I first met him I told him of all the benzos I've tried (xanax valium klonopin) and he noted it and said he would prescribe small dose of klonopin if needed but I think he forgot or something.