• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

What made me realize I was going through w/d as opposed to just feeling rebound anxiety was the tremors, my hands will shake to the point that I can hardly sign my name

Forced cold turkey withdrawal, Big & dandy MEGA hallucinations that I would not wish upon anyone!

What made me realize I was going through w/d as opposed to just feeling rebound anxiety was the tremors, my hands will shake to the point that I can hardly sign my name

I'm not that bad since the amount I take is fairly low but when I wake up usually on the second day I start feeling like I have mild tremors. I take my Lyrica and it helps a bit but by the evening when I'm at home it's definitely more noticeable. I just chalked it up to rebound anxiety and/or cravings. By the second day practically all that I can think about from the moment I wake up is taking a benzo.

Over the course of the last 9 months I've had times where I had pretty bad calf and forearm cramping that I tried to relieve with flexeril and it did little to nothing but within 30 minutes of taking 15(ish)mg of temazepam the cramping completely went away, as well as some other symptoms that may or may not be related. I knew Lyrica helped with withdrawal symptoms which is probably why I lured myself into a false sense of security. When I was forced to go from 150-200mg of Lyrica down to 50mg overnight (6 months in) to keep from running out I had a non stop headache for a week that no amount of OTC pain medications would relieve. Weed and kratom dulled it some but as soon as I took .5mg of Xanax the headache went away.

Anyways sorry about the rambling but this has been something I've wanted to post for a while.

Hi everyone, I have 1 2.5mg lorazepam pill, and wanted to know the potency of it. How does it compare to, for instance, clonazepam in terms of dosage and effects? how much should I take to feel a benzo "high"? (Bear in mind that I can buy more)

So I'm about to go pick up some flurazapam (Dalmane) and I cant find much info. All the info is about dosages and stuff. Someone is giving it to me cause I'm having really bad sleep issues. I would really like to know more about the actual feeling, euphoria, speed of action, duration, what other benzo's it's like, and in general, how is it?

And I know about benzo addiction, used to be addicted for 5 years to kpins. I can't get anything but trazadone for my sleep issues, and even 6 of the big suckers doesn't do anything. I'm pretty done with benzos, never had a craving since I quit. I will never, ever go through benzo withdrawal ever again! I just need to relax and sleep, you know, use them like people are supposed to.

Dalmane is amazing if you need long prolonged sleep, nevermind that it is a partial benzo agonist, it is pretty strong of an hypnotic and muscle relaxant and lasts foreverrrr, I've slept 15-16 hours on it several times. I can easily be scripted it, but these days I just try to keep with a low dose of daily valium.

Although, a thought just occured to me, I wonder if one could use Dalmane to come off benzos for a taper due to it's partial agonist values and how damn long it lasts, similar to suboxone.

I was wondering that out of curiosity you mentioned it being a partial agonist.

i already looked that table.. my question is also about, potency and effects but since yesterday I took the only pill I had I don't rally need it anymkre
You might have looked at that table, but you didn't read that table if you still don't know the answer to your potency question. It's there. Whatever ... if you don't need the information anymore, then never mind.

To anyone else who might still be interested in working with this information, the third column in the table is keyed off of 10mg of diazepam or Valium. And it presents equivalent doses for the different Benzos. If you want to know how potent Xanax is, for example, you take the Xanax equivalent number (0.5mg) and compare that to the standardized 10mg of Valium. Xanax turns out to be 20 times more potent than Valium. You can also compare Benzos in the table to each other since the whole thing is standardized and interchangeable. If you want to know how much more potent Xanax is than Librium, you just compare the Xanax equivalent (0.5mg) with the Librium equivalent (25mg). Xanax turns out to be 50 times more potent than Librium.

You might have looked at that table, but you didn't read that table if you still don't know the answer to your potency question. It's there. Whatever ... if you don't need the information anymore, then never mind.

To anyone else who might still be interested in working with this information, the third column in the table is keyed off of 10mg of diazepam or Valium. And it presents equivalent doses for the different Benzos. If you want to know how potent Xanax is, for example, you take the Xanax equivalent number (0.5mg) and compare that to the standardized 10mg of Valium. Xanax turns out to be 20 times more potent than Valium. You can also compare Benzos in the table to each other since the whole thing is standardized and interchangeable. If you want to know how much more potent Xanax is than Librium, you just compare the Xanax equivalent (0.5mg) with the Librium equivalent (25mg). Xanax turns out to be 50 times more potent than Librium.

Thanks for info. I'm sure a lot of people will find it beneficial.

Sorry but you misunderstood my question. I was asking about potency in terms of effects, not in terms of dosage, thanks for the answer anyways

Sorry but you misunderstood my question. I was asking about potency in terms of effects, not in terms of dosage, thanks for the answer anyways
If you can explain the difference between "potency in terms of effects" and "potency in terms of dosage" -- and then explain how they aren't related and how we're misunderstanding your question -- then I'm sure we'll be able to do better. In the meantime, your opaque "I don't really need it anymore" and "thanks anyways" approach is pretty lame IMO. Besides that, there are other people interested in this now. Why so dismissive?

Anow all calm down here. I'm sure comfortablyNumb wasn't meaning to be offensive. Why don't you both agree to differ. I'm sure it's a misunderstanding n G.G as you say, I'm sure others' will be interested.
Evey x

Howdo all?
I am/was epileptic, 46 year old male.
I was prescribed 6mg of clonezapam per day for my seizures back when I was about 22.
After 3 years without a fit I jumped off the clonezapam, had a really shitty 6 months then felt fine. Free!
Then I had another seizure followed by a stroke, the result of a neurovascular malformation.
After successful surgery, I found myself back on 8 mg clonezapam a day. I argued 'till the cows came home but at the time it was the best suited med for my condition. I was scared after all the crap I went through coming off it just to be placed back on it again but I was assured that I would never have to withdraw again.
Fast forward 20 years. I have come under the scope of the local d&a quack. I say quack as that is what he is. He is known locally for playing with people benzo 'scripts. Told me that I was on an equivalent of 180 mg per day of diaz'! I told him he was joking, if I was on that much Valium I wouldn't be able to talk and did I appear to be intoxicated in anyway? Anyway. He got hold of my neurologist and instructed him to take me off.
Don't get me wrong here, I have never wanted to be on this drug, I consider it BAD MEDICINE! I have always been keen to get off it. But not thrown off it or even directed to.
So enough of the attitude I suppose. Although it is reflective of my current state of mind though.
I was on 6 mg clon' 6 months ago. Now I am down to 2 1/2 mg. From this morning I am cutting down another 1/4 mg.
I was able to do the first reductions real fast but now I can't and am not willing to go down much faster. Although I am sick to my eye teeth of having this on my mind constantly. There seems to be no end in sight. I feel like crap. I have never been suicidal in my life but I have had fleeting thoughts of better off dead type things. I feel stuck between gears. I want to do something but then again I couldn't be bothered. I can't work. I feel like a hindrance to my wife and daughter. I feel useless. I have no options for counselling and to be honest I can't talk to some condescending know nothing D&A counsellor who would only pretend to understand. But I need help?
I am at the point were I am about to jump off the rest and end up in a mental hospital. I am almost sure this would happen in light of my current state of mind. Although I constantly question myself as to whether it could be worse.
Things were a lot easier when I had some pot to smoke but my dealer passed away 2 months ago. I am not in any frame of mind to go hunting ATM.
I am here to ask for some direction/ assurance/ advice, something to ease my mind I suppose. I have read a lot of others posts about people in this situation, however I need some tailored pointers.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am happy to fill in any blanks and I am open to any criticism.
I take no other drugs habitually. I like a taste once a year and could probably do with a drop of acid sometime soonish. Oh and would I murder a joint just now! Oh I take 250 mg Lamotrigine per day for my epilepsy now. Seizure free for almost 15 years.
But yeah that's my story, I look forward to replies.
Again thank you for reading.
Another big question is, how would one recommend I take doses? I currently take 1/2 .5mg morning and 2 mg at night. Feel like crap during the day but relax a little at night. I hang out some day's until 8pm when I allow myself to take my dose. This is one of the biggest things that play on my mind. What time is it?

Last edited:
Howdo all?
I am/was epileptic, 46 year old male.
I was prescribed 6mg of clonezapam per day for my seizures back when I was about 22.
After 3 years without a fit I jumped off the clonezapam, had a really shitty 6 months then felt fine. Free!
Then I had another seizure followed by a stroke, the result of a neurovascular malformation.
After successful surgery, I found myself back on 8 mg clonezapam a day. I argued 'till the cows came home but at the time it was the best suited med for my condition. I was scared after all the crap I went through coming off it just to be placed back on it again but I was assured that I would never have to withdraw again.
Fast forward 20 years. I have come under the scope of the local d&a quack. I say quack as that is what he is. He is known locally for playing with people benzo 'scripts. Told me that I was on an equivalent of 180 mg per day of diaz'! I told him he was joking, if I was on that much Valium I wouldn't be able to talk and did I appear to be intoxicated in anyway? Anyway. He got hold of my neurologist and instructed him to take me off.
Don't get me wrong here, I have never wanted to be on this drug, I consider it BAD MEDICINE! I have always been keen to get off it. But not thrown off it or even directed to.
So enough of the attitude I suppose. Although it is reflective of my current state of mind though.
I was on 6 mg clon' 6 months ago. Now I am down to 2 1/2 mg. From this morning I am cutting down another 1/4 mg.
I was able to do the first reductions real fast but now I can't and am not willing to go down much faster. Although I am sick to my eye teeth of having this on my mind constantly. There seems to be no end in sight. I feel like crap. I have never been suicidal in my life but I have had fleeting thoughts of better off dead type things. I feel stuck between gears. I want to do something but then again I couldn't be bothered. I can't work. I feel like a hindrance to my wife and daughter. I feel useless. I have no options for counselling and to be honest I can't talk to some condescending know nothing D&A counsellor who would only pretend to understand. But I need help?
I am at the point were I am about to jump off the rest and end up in a mental hospital. I am almost sure this would happen in light of my current state of mind. Although I constantly question myself as to whether it could be worse.
Things were a lot easier when I had some pot to smoke but my dealer passed away 2 months ago. I am not in any frame of mind to go hunting ATM.
I am here to ask for some direction/ assurance/ advice, something to ease my mind I suppose. I have read a lot of others posts about people in this situation, however I need some tailored pointers.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am happy to fill in any blanks and I am open to any criticism.
I take no other drugs habitually. I like a taste once a year and could probably do with a drop of acid sometime soonish. Oh and would I murder a joint just now! Oh I take 250 mg Lamotrigine per day for my epilepsy now. Seizure free for almost 15 years.
But yeah that's my story, I look forward to replies.
Again thank you for reading.
Another big question is, how would one recommend I take doses? I currently take 1/2 .5mg morning and 2 mg at night. Feel like crap during the day but relax a little at night. I hang out some day's until 8pm when I allow myself to take my dose. This is one of the biggest things that play on my mind. What time is it?
Wow. Just wow. I love a good Benzo story ... and I've got my own ... but yours is right up there, ne1. I hear your pain -- I really do. I often OFTEN wonder why I couldn't have become an IV heroin user instead. I truly think that might have offered me something more/better. And there would have been an easier way out of addiction than what we have to deal with. Anyway...

First off, I have no freakin' way to explain how you jumped off of 6 mg of Klonopin and were feeling fine within six months. That could have haunted someone for a VERY long time. It's a shame you went back on, but that's water under the bridge -- right? You're addicted again. And now that you're down to 2.5 mg, you should be making small cuts ... like on the order of 10%. So, your recent 0.25 mg cut is OK. But, that's the last cut of that size you should make IMO. From now on, if you want to conduct a taper with small "dry" cuts, try half of that amount -- like, a 0.125 mg reduction every time for a while. Try to get down as low as you can get. Then, perhaps a liquid titration -- where you reduce by 1% every day for a few months -- would suit you.

In terms of "when to take" ... if you're feeling like crap during the day, then why not space out your doses a little more evenly? You're currently taking 2.25 mg per day if your present cut "sticks"? Could you do 0.75 mg three times a day? Or do you need more to sleep? If so, then maybe a full 0.5 mg in the morning, 0.25 mg in the afternoon, and 1.5 mg at night? Just a suggestion ... I think you're going to have to be the one to make the call on how badly you need that relatively large nighttime dose.

LSD ... IDK. I've been hitting that (or something similar) a little hard recently (every week or two), so I'm not one to talk ill ... LOL! But, here's the thing: people on less than solid Benzo footing should maybe stay away temporarily. Couple reasons: if a trip goes haywire and you start to come unhinged, Benzos are your reserve chute. You pull it, and all's fine. That can end up sending your carefully-measured daily dose to hell, though. And setbacks are not what you want on a strict taper. And even if the trip goes smooth as silk, you're usually still wired for hours after the main effects have worn off. You need *something* for sleep unless being up all night is your thing. Now we're back to that setback problem.

The incredible benefit that psychedelics offer may outweigh all that, however. There's nothing like a ++++ trip that draws and quarters you with the solar wind to show you how fucked up all of our fiddly little pill splitting is. They're a great motivator to press on through adversity. %)

Ultimately, the best recommendation I can make is to get yourself over to benzobuddies.org where the folks are VERY well qualified to take care of you. Much better than the "pros" in my experience.

Be well ... and feel TOTALLY free to PM me if you want to vent, moan, or bitch about Benzos. I'm a clock-watcher, too. =D

The doctor is actually right about you being on the equivalent to 180 mg of diazepam, really is more like 160 mg diazepam, if you were taking 8 mg clonazepam a day. 1 mg clonazepam = 20 mg diazepam, roughly.

If you can explain the difference between "potency in terms of effects" and "potency in terms of dosage" -- and then explain how they aren't related and how we're misunderstanding your question -- then I'm sure we'll be able to do better. In the meantime, your opaque "I don't really need it anymore" and "thanks anyways" approach is pretty lame IMO. Besides that, there are other people interested in this now. Why so dismissive?
hey there's no need to get that offensive for such a silly reason (if there is actually any)
also, do I really have to explain the difference between dose and effects??

Last edited:
Wow. Just wow. I love a good Benzo story ... and I've got my own ... but yours is right up there, ne1. I hear your pain -- I really do. I often OFTEN wonder why I couldn't have become an IV heroin user instead. I truly think that might have offered me something more/better. And there would have been an easier way out of addiction than what we have to deal with. Anyway...

First off, I have no freakin' way to explain how you jumped off of 6 mg of Klonopin and were feeling fine within six months. That could have haunted someone for a VERY long time. It's a shame you went back on, but that's water under the bridge -- right? You're addicted again. And now that you're down to 2.5 mg, you should be making small cuts ... like on the order of 10%. So, your recent 0.25 mg cut is OK. But, that's the last cut of that size you should make IMO. From now on, if you want to conduct a taper with small "dry" cuts, try half of that amount -- like, a 0.125 mg reduction every time for a while. Try to get down as low as you can get. Then, perhaps a liquid titration -- where you reduce by 1% every day for a few months -- would suit you.

In terms of "when to take" ... if you're feeling like crap during the day, then why not space out your doses a little more evenly? You're currently taking 2.25 mg per day if your present cut "sticks"? Could you do 0.75 mg three times a day? Or do you need more to sleep? If so, then maybe a full 0.5 mg in the morning, 0.25 mg in the afternoon, and 1.5 mg at night? Just a suggestion ... I think you're going to have to be the one to make the call on how badly you need that relatively large nighttime dose.

LSD ... IDK. I've been hitting that (or something similar) a little hard recently (every week or two), so I'm not one to talk ill ... LOL! But, here's the thing: people on less than solid Benzo footing should maybe stay away temporarily. Couple reasons: if a trip goes haywire and you start to come unhinged, Benzos are your reserve chute. You pull it, and all's fine. That can end up sending your carefully-measured daily dose to hell, though. And setbacks are not what you want on a strict taper. And even if the trip goes smooth as silk, you're usually still wired for hours after the main effects have worn off. You need *something* for sleep unless being up all night is your thing. Now we're back to that setback problem.

The incredible benefit that psychedelics offer may outweigh all that, however. There's nothing like a ++++ trip that draws and quarters you with the solar wind to show you how fucked up all of our fiddly little pill splitting is. They're a great motivator to press on through adversity. %)

Ultimately, the best recommendation I can make is to get yourself over to benzobuddies.org where the folks are VERY well qualified to take care of you. Much better than the "pros" in my experience.

Be well ... and feel TOTALLY free to PM me if you want to vent, moan, or bitch about Benzos. I'm a clock-watcher, too. =D
Thank you for your advice. So first stop, it's right click and go to benzobuddies.org. Sounds the best thing at this point.
Ty to Rttrain too

Last edited:
I feel bad for any of you with benzo addiction. I was addicted to opiates n am now on 8 mg of suboxone but I don't think there is something like that for benzo addiction, is there? I really hope that one day there is one because, from what I have read here, and what I have heard, it sounds terrible n I feel for you all.
I myself, have never touched benzos n I hope that you don't mind that I've subscribed to this thread n interacting as I find it interesting n like to research new information re different drugs, addiction etc - if that's ok?
And you're more than welcome to PM me if anyone needs a chat. I may not understand benzos but as I said I've had an addiction so can relate in that way.
All the best,
Evey xxx

Thank you for your advice. So first stop, it's right click and go to benzobuddies.org. Sounds the best thing at this point.
Ty to Rttrain too

Yes,,Please do :)

Last edited: