• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here

I have a particular question but don't want to start yet another benzo thread. Klonopin compares, on every bioequivalency table I've seen, to Valiuma: .5mg Kpin equals 10mg Valium. Yet I can take upwards of 8mgs Kpin and feel virtually nothing. This is due primarily to tolerance I'm sure, but what puzzles me is that I can take a mere 5mg of Valium and feel more than I do from the 8mg of Kpin. Considering cross-tolerance, shouldn't this be impossible? Does anyone else have this kind of experience (I'm talking to you Captain Heroin)?

I have a particular question but don't want to start yet another benzo thread. Klonopin compares, on every bioequivalency table I've seen, to Valiuma: .5mg Kpin equals 10mg Valium. Yet I can take upwards of 8mgs Kpin and feel virtually nothing. This is due primarily to tolerance I'm sure, but what puzzles me is that I can take a mere 5mg of Valium and feel more than I do from the 8mg of Kpin. Considering cross-tolerance, shouldn't this be impossible? Does anyone else have this kind of experience (I'm talking to you Captain Heroin)?

Well, clonazepam seems to be like a "hit and miss" kind of benzo. A lot of people get nothing out of it, others (like myself) get negative effects (paradoxical reaction). While yet others absolutely love it.

I wouldn't say it's impossible. If I took 8mg of clonazepam, I would hate myself lol. Whereas, 5mg of diazepam also gets me feeling good.

I think you don't have much of a benzodiazepine tolerance, I think clonazepam just doesn't seem to effect you in the intended way. I would avoid taking clonazepam, and take diazepam instead.

That is quite puzzling though, because I imagine most people who have taken 8mg of clonazepam at a time, wouldn't get anything out of 5mg of diazepam. I am very interested in this though, how many times have you taken clonazepam? Do you feel no different from 1mg or 8mg?

Hm. Well i dose 3 mg of klonopin once a week, or every other week, just for recreational use. So should i go with 400mg cimitedine (sp) with 1.5-2 mg's ? Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Once a week or every other week is ideal - so cimetidine should boost the effects nicely for you. I would take 400mg cimetidine about 30 to 45 minutes before you take 2mg clonazepam. It's kind of hard to guess how much more you'll get out of it this way. I tend to notice a longer effect more than a more intense effect, but you may experience the opposite (since clonazepam already lasts long - you may get better effects at the same duration).

Let us know how it goes. :)

"Staggering" Xanax

Does this work? I popped 1mg after my second class, then a second mg after about an hour, and then a third about another hour later. I don't feel anything from them. Is Xanax one of those drugs where if you don't get it right the first time, you have to wait for it t metabolize or whatever before you can take more?

As I said in my last thread, sorry for being such a n00b, I'm extremely new to pillz.

is this your first time taking xanax (do you have tolerance)? you should feel something, mostly a tired feeling (thats how it is for me anyway). i usually dont need more than a mg if im taking it. are you sure that its xanax?

staggering them shouldnt make much of a difference in terms of whether you feel it or not.

For me you need to take the right amount to get high. So if you need 2mg take that at once. Not 1mg then another 1mg an hour and a half later.

But i dont abuse it.

This is my... third time taking xanax. The first time I took 3.25mg, and blacked out the rest of the day. Second time I ended up eating about 20mg all together. This time I took 3mg spaced out like I said, and I'm not feeling it nearly as much. I don't feel different at all.

what happened after eating 20mg? i cant imagine taking that much. i get sick taking more than 3mg. tolerance builds pretty quickly with benzos in terms of helping with anxiety (did for me anyway). wait a while if you want it to really work i say. or just take 2mg more.

what happened after eating 20mg? i cant imagine taking that much. i get sick taking more than 3mg. tolerance builds pretty quickly with benzos in terms of helping with anxiety (did for me anyway). wait a while if you want it to really work i say. or just take 2mg more.

I have no idea, really. But apparently after I popped a couple I decided it would be a good idea to eat my whole stash.

Sort of surprised you dont feel anything. I would just take 2mg's at once, thats what I do if I ever get xanax, and thats usually all I need. I always take benzos sublingually though, always works best and quickest that way for me.

This is how I take Xanax (when I can't get Klonopin). 1mg at a time, every 30 min, until I feel (or starting to=D) confident that I've hit that *sweet spot* and not head-first into blackout and slurred words territory. I don't know why you don't feel anything. That's strange. I've seen fake Xanax bars, also I've seen another drug that looks damn close to a Xanax bar. Are you prescribed these, or did you get them from a reliable person (ie, has a script)?

I stagger my xanax. The reason I do is because the 'sweet spot' for me is to hard to hit, I so often take too little (wasting it) or take too much and black out (wasting it). For this example lets sat ~10mg is the sweet spot. I'll take 6mg at once, then ~1mg every 30-60 minutes until I get there. Otherwise, like I said above, I black out.

I don't know if this answers your question, but maybe this will" it sounds like you are spacing your doses too far apart. You don't have to wait to redose like with some drugs; you can take whatever amount whenever you like - your enzymes will be ready.

Try spacing your doses less. Or take more to begin then stagger them. Either 1.5 at once then the other 1.5mg staggered over the next hour or two (just go by how you feel to know when to take more. its a subtle feeling but its there). [Or maybe 2mg at once, then space out that other mg as needed. Either of these will work, this will pack a little more 'punch' ;)]

I went over to a buddy's house, decided to pop a couple more since I still was feeling anything. Got to gis goyse, he said I was slurring, but I didn't feel anything. Then we smoked a joint and it felt like all the xanax from the day hit me all at once. I got real bad nauseous, but that went away when I stopped looking at the tv and started breathing exercised

for some people (myself included) xanax isn't a "high" like say, heroin or amphetamines are... Its just kind of a fucked up state of being.

Dude you said your new to pills right?
So that would mean your new to xanax too?

So how is it that 20mg didn't kill you? I think you are FOS or simply got fake xanax. Or maybe its a low dose shitty brand. But for me the effect of 2mg of xanax is very apparant, and its name brand. Anything about 5-6mgs and I'm out sleeping cold.

Lastly, why would you name yourself "assphace"? A rather trolly thing to do.

Xanax isn't the type of drug that you metabolise more/less effectively if you dose like that. Xanax happens to be a drug as tempermental as the mind, much because it's largely a function of your current mind state.

I also agree that your spacing is a little long.

I have no idea, really. But apparently after I popped a couple I decided it would be a good idea to eat my whole stash.

If I had a Xanax everytime I heard that....

I'd still have eaten my entire stash...

for some people (myself included) xanax isn't a "high" like say, heroin or amphetamines are... Its just kind of a fucked up state of being.

Too true. I tend to describe Xanax as 'loopy'; none of the muscle-relaxing or sedating properties of the heavier benzos, it just strips away your inhibitions & better judgement. All that 'mind' stuff I mentioned before.

If your interested in what Xanax does, look up 'anxiolysis'.

After dealing with daily prescribed xanax and various SSRis from age 18 til now -31- I can definitely agree about the 'xanax trance' you can fall into. Some like it; like me, unfortunately. But I take tiny sporadic doses these days, just enough to occasionally augment my daily suboxone dose. %)

After dealing with daily prescribed xanax and various SSRis from age 18 til now -31- I can definitely agree about the 'xanax trance' you can fall into. Some like it; like me, unfortunately. But I take tiny sporadic doses these days, just enough to occasionally augment my daily suboxone dose. %)

Have you suffered any side effects that you know of by taking Xanax daily from age 18-31?

This is how I take Xanax (when I can't get Klonopin). 1mg at a time, every 30 min, until I feel (or starting to=D) confident that I've hit that *sweet spot* and not head-first into blackout and slurred words territory. I don't know why you don't feel anything. That's strange. I've seen fake Xanax bars, also I've seen another drug that looks damn close to a Xanax bar. Are you prescribed these, or did you get them from a reliable person (ie, has a script)?
A friend of mine works as a pharm tech(pharm tech buddy herefore referred to as PT), and he sometimes snags pills for me. These are generic 1mg Xanax, and unless dude had a pill press at home, google agrees. After talking to a different friend(SB), he said in retrospect that I was slurring a little and had no idea.

Try spacing your doses less. Or take more to begin then stagger them. Either 1.5 at once then the other 1.5mg staggered over the next hour or two (just go by how you feel to know when to take more. its a subtle feeling but its there). [Or maybe 2mg at once, then space out that other mg as needed. Either of these will work, this will pack a little more 'punch' ;)]
I'll try that next time. I was originally only going to take a single mg, to take the edge off my spanish final. PT said that it takes about 30-40 minutes for xanax to metabolize in your liver, which was why it didn't kick in while we were hanging out. So after an hour of not feeling it, I took my second, and after another hour of still not feeling anything I took another. After I got home from classes, I still wasn't feeling anything, so I crushed one up and snorted it (yes, probably a dumb idea, but I had heard that makes it kick in faster). So then I went to SB's house to smoke and hang out, I popped three and headed over. Still didn't feel anything until we sparked up that first joint...

Dude you said your new to pills right?
So that would mean your new to xanax too?

So how is it that 20mg didn't kill you? I think you are FOS or simply got fake xanax. Or maybe its a low dose shitty brand. But for me the effect of 2mg of xanax is very apparant, and its name brand. Anything about 5-6mgs and I'm out sleeping cold.

Lastly, why would you name yourself "assphace"? A rather trolly thing to do.
It's a running gag from the CD social, where my name Asphid was always (lovingly, I hope) referred to as Assphace. Asphid is still technically alive, just in a state of permanent hiatus.

Why didn't it kill me? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm not 100% sure I did eat them all; I made another post here in OD (possibly as Asphid) asking if it was possible because I woke up one morning with 10 instead of 50. The consensus seemed to be that I ate them, and while dangerous and stupid, it wasn't a lethal thing to do.