• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here v2.0

I'm curious if any of you snort your benzos. I have severe anxiety and discovered that snorting doesn't make me as tired and is more effective when i am really struggling. Is there any risk to this?
No imo its a bit of a waste. Only time I ever do is when someone else who does snort them, breaks them down and lets me partake or mixing them with an opiate and snorting a cocktail, still only when someone else lets me rail some. Other than that I only snort opiates

I've never tried sublingually. That's under the tongue right? I also get opiates due to a surgery but don't snort them because i don't like snorting acetominophen.

I've never tried sublingually. That's under the tongue right? I also get opiates due to a surgery but don't snort them because i don't like snorting acetominophen.
Yes, put the pill under your tongue, let it dissolve and swallow it after a few minutes.

Regarding the opioids, combining benzos and opioids increases the risk of respiratory depression and intthewworst case could kill you.

Ive railed so much tylenol I kind of enjoy it now, its a bad thing I wish I hated it. I probably have a hole or some shit, there is definite damage though theres no way it hasnt caused any

Yeah I tried railing lortab a couple years ago but found i got higher when i swallowed them. I don't know if i could handle taking my xanax under the tongue. They taste so bad! Maybe when i switch to clonopin I'll try.

Oh and I never take large amounts. I got super addicted to opiates a few years ago so I have someone control my pain killers and xanax, i only get a days worth at a time.

I have more like a question. If I drank 2 shots of crown royal 4 hours is it safe to take a 5 mg Valium!

I drive everyone crazy. I really do. Speak to me like a toddler. First of all, I hate having to take Benzo's. I really do. But I have a suspected tardive type of dystonia which they help control. I know it's no one's job, but if anyone could level with me to keep me from obsessing and freaking out, (as I've literally gotten on everyone's nerves over the years with medications), I'd appreciate it. As I've said in another thread, before I on Benzo's, I had been through 4 alcohol withdrawals to deal with agoraphobia/anxiety and some motor tics. Then I was put on a gamut, on and off of Antipsychotics and SSRI'S. Then I started on Clonazepam 8 years ago. Only prescribed by GP's and Psychiatrists. I didn't even see a MDS until 2013/treatment started in 2014 after a consult. Before that, my previous doctors put me on then would just discontinue them. This has happened 4 times. They didn't seem to be working, but when off of them, it was noticeable that they were and my Doctors would reinstate me. Now, I am switching from Diazepam to Clonazepam again. I'm also on Baclofen and get Botox. Both, which can cause excessive nervousness, and with my agoraphobia/schizotypal personality disorder, it's my pronounced. Here's where I'd REALLY appreciate your help. I am going back on Clonazepam because it works better than the Diazepam. But then I worry about stuff I've been assured probably won't happen, as it's a diazepam straight to clonazepam switch, such as diazepam withdrawals because it acts differently and has a longer half life. Also, in the past, even on the Clonazepam, after looking up so much information, when it doesn't feel the same at points, I go OMG I AM TOLERANT AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH WD'S AGAIN...BUT IT WORKS! Or OMFG I AM HAVING A PARADOXICAL REACTION AND HAVE PERMENANT BRAIN DAMAGE BECAUSE I MIGHT BE KINDLED AND I'M GOING TO GET WORSE OR DIE! Etc... Now, I am on Botox and Baclofen. Things got worse after that. Now, I need injections every 3 months as I've tried skipping them and it's been debilitating, same with attempted Baclofen tapers. So, please. Just level with me. I'm a, (possibly slightly incompetent), overthinker and a paranoid wreck. But am I fucked or am I just psyching myself out? Thanks.

Does alprazolam always taste bitter? The ones I just bought have no flavour, although they seem to work well.

Does alprazolam always taste bitter? The ones I just bought have no flavour, although they seem to work well.

Yes, alprazolam has a bitter taste you'll never forget once you tasted it.
Maybe you got fake pills with another benzo like phenazepam etc.
But without a proper lab test we can just guess.

Yeah I got some more off a different dealer today and chewed one. Oh man, it is so bitter I can't seem to get the horrible taste to go away. I just chucked the other ones in the bin.

So I've bee diagnosed with major depression and GAD and the anxiety for me has peaks, certain triggers that send me off into pure panic mode. It emulates a heart attack for me. Get dizzy, numb left arm, blurry vision, chest pain and palpitations so I've been there, I get these nearly every day. I was put on cipralex 10mg and noticed nothing, the doc upped me to 20mg and my panic attacks actually started increasing. I informed him of this so he switched me to a laser dose to ween me off it and clonazepam but I found the clonazepam to do nothing for me, wouldn't subside the effects I'd get when they'd happen. Went back told him and my psychiatrist that and the decided to put me on venlafaxine (sp) and Ativan to combat the occasional panic attacks. Not sure how the venlafaxine is working yet as it's just day two but as for the panic attacks the Ativan seems to halt them nearly immediately even through from what I've read clonazepam is the stronger of the two. I suppose every body reacts differently and I'm happy at least one aspect of my ailment has a safe net. I wish I didn't have to rely on a pill for it but I'll admit it seems to work for the panic. Does anyone have a legitimate reason why Ativan would work better for these attacks which mimic heart attacks better than clonazepam which is technically prescribed for this issue?

May I ask why you ask your question? Do you wish to get clonazepam instead of Ativan or what is the reason?

Ativan is effective for treating anxiety and agitation (from your description it seems like you get agitated from the panic attacks which then increase your blood pressure and makes it feel like a heart attack).Clonazepam is often used to treat seizures and also panic attacks, but for some reason it seems like lorazepam is preferred when agitation is one of the symptoms.

As you say, benzodiazepines works very differently form person to person. Thus, you have to try them for yourself to see how you react to 'x' benzo. Find the one that is most effective for you and treat your symptoms most effectively.

Ended up here cos a xanax vs Diaz thread got closed.......Miss Opiate....have you tried amitryptaline (Sp?)? It has a flower like aroma that I just can't place but it disgusts me beyond Xanax/oxy/Morph all under the tongue at once which I've certainly done (Please no one do this!!!!) Fuck, I hated the taste of Suboxone so much I turned to making up liquid suppositories of it just to avoid that lime flavoured shit. But that amitryptaline smelled therefore tasted just fuckin wrong.

I'd rather burn a hole through my tongue with a 200mg glass rock of meth than taste sub or ami ever again. I much prefer gross drug flavours to "flavoured" drugs. Personal preference I suppose.

Hey guys, sort of new you may need to re-direct my question(s) so pardon me in advance. I could use some advice.

I take Diazepam 2x daily for anxiety. Lately my "What's next?" anxiety is worse. Stressing what I have to do tomorrow. Stressing the stretch I have to make until I take my next dose. My anxiety seems to be getting worse. I think it's financial issues and family issues but none the less... that's why I take my medicine.

I find myself more anxious about when to take my second during the middle of the day because I am beginning to get more anxious. Then I am worried I will run short at the end of the month and I don't abuse it. I find myself breaking 10mg in half if it's really bad. Then I am stressing because I may run out early and I am counting the days I will have to make sure I have enough. ( AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MONTH WITH A FULL 60! ) This is new to me and I'm worried. Anyone have Neurontin taken with their anti-anxiety meds? What dose are you on?

Any advice for me? This "What's next" really is eating me alive.

^Well, the only advice I have is therapy.
Benzos are just temporary band aids and more often than not make everything worse in the long run.
They won't solve your problems, but make you don't care about them.
Imo therapy should help, look into cognitive behavioral therapy
Good luck!

Been a good 9 years with Benzos. I hope to taper off and get into therapy within the next year or two. Lost my insurance so I have to wait a few months to afford it. I am tired of it. What's next is killing me. Thanks kliener I appreciate your time.

^If you want to taper look up the Ashton manual.

Have you looked into other substances to help with the anxiety, like kava, hydroyzine, L-Theanine (I'm currently taking this one, it's an amino acid and ime helps to relax etc.), valerian root and Ashwagandha
All these drugs are band aids too and all can have negative effects on your health, but imo are not as bad as benzos.

Kliener I will look up the Ashton Manual. Making a list of your vitamins right now. Thank you.