• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol The Benefits of Alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes to show, that even at such high amounts, alcohol does not cause depression nor much of any hangover. For me, at least.

Just wait till you get older.
I used to drink like a drowning fish and never got a hangover (could be that I was too drunk the next day to feel it, this could be the case with you as well) but now even if I drink just 1-2 shots I have an extremely nasty hangover for 1-3 days

@kleinerkiffer What age range where you when you drank those higher amounts? And since what age did you start getting bad hangovers like that?

I started at 15 with beer and made my way up to vodka with 16, between 16-18 I drank like 0.5-1 l vodka each weekend (normally 0.25l Friday and Saturday). I started having hangovers with like 17,but nothing bad. Between 17-18 I abused benzos and suffering from panic attacks the hangovers got worse and with 18 I'd get a hangover that'd last up to three days.
Now I'm in my 20th and if I drink I'll have a hangover and panic attacks for 2-3 days and don't feel normal for like a week, plus it fucks up my stomach pretty bad. And with drinking I mean like a few shots max, not 0.25 l of vodka. Even after just one shot I feel bad for at least a day.

I think it's that bad because I suffer from panic attacks and a few other health issues, but everyone I know says that hangovers get worse the older you get.
I have a friend who used to feel great after a night of drinking, even if he got wasted, but now that he's in his 20th he too gets a hangover, nothing bad but still

Yeah I agree that hangovers get worse as you get older, and the odd thing is that so does your tolerance so you'd think your hangovers would get better as you are able to drink more but not me.

I'm 36 and all throughout college I'd get drunk every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights in a row and NEVER had a hangover.

I remember just one hangover in all of college and it was more cause I had to sleep on a hard wood floor while drunk one new year's at a friend's house so my sleeping conditions just made me feel like shit.

I started to occasionally get hangovers when I was around 25 but they didn't get really bad till I got into my 30s.

Now the idea of drinking even one drink the day after drinking sounds disgusting.

Some people are into "hair of the dog that bit you" but I never drink a SINGLE goddamn drink when I am hungover.

I have to say honestly, I think Kratom is the best drug there is for a hangover.

Pain killer for the headaches, stimulant for the tiredness, mood lifter if you're depressed and anxiety relief from the jitters all in one.

My hangover solution is as follows:

1) Sleep as much as humanly possible
2) drink several cups of coffee, a large gatorade and plenty of water with a good breakfast
3) Take Aleve and usually Tylenol too just in case the Kratom doesn't get all the headaches
4) My klonopin for the anxiety
5) about 14-16 grams of Kratom

After that I always feel better lol.

Alchohol does get a bad rep I agree.
In psychology though, you may find a small subset of psychologists who are proponents of alchohol. This would be the people who study the social implications of alchohol and how it is used in social settings.

Used as a drug alchohol is just that, a drug. And just like everyone knows, drugs are bad. hah

but used as a "social lubircant" alchohol can be viewed as a positive if not necessary part of society. Bars are a great example of how much modern society appreciates alcohol. we have many legal, financial institutions that promote spaces to drink, and encourge and like what alcohol can be for society. So I can see the frustration you have with the negative stigma surrounding alcohol. but the stigma does exist for a reason, alcohol kills people, by intoxication, drunk driving, liver failure etc.

wow i thought i was the only one who could get hangovers from one or two drinks. last time i drank 1 beer i was hungover the next day. for some reason liquor doesn't get me hungover like beer. i can drink drink a shot of whiskey and feel fine the next day but even a shot feels like a lot for me so normally if i were to drink it would be a half shot of whiskey or half glass of wine max. I haven't drank socially in a long time but i bet people will think i am weird drinking such small amounts.

In psychology though, you may find a small subset of psychologists who are proponents of alchohol. This would be the people who study the social implications of alchohol and how it is used in social settings.

Used as a drug alchohol is just that, a drug. And just like everyone knows, drugs are bad. hah

but used as a "social lubircant" alchohol can be viewed as a positive if not necessary part of society. Bars are a great example of how much modern society appreciates alcohol. we have many legal, financial institutions that promote spaces to drink, and encourge and like what alcohol can be for society. So I can see the frustration you have with the negative stigma surrounding alcohol. but the stigma does exist for a reason, alcohol kills people, by intoxication, drunk driving, liver failure etc.

Its not a necessary part of society, there are tons of other ways to relax and socialize and plenty of societies have existed/still exist without mass alcohol consumption. It's a necessary part of THIS society and I think that is what frustrates a lot of people who don't particularly like the culture we have.

Alcohol is part of the plot to enslave us. Imagine what college would be like without alcohol. Alcohol and football are used to dull the minds of college students in order to render them docile and willing to spend all their time/energy learning how to be a good slave to corporations. Without them a lot more people might wake up and be like to hell with this, I have better things to do then give all my money to this university in exchange for their brainwashing. After college alcohol is used to numb the workforce to their plite. Basically, drugs like alcohol are used to keep people dumbed down and in line. Caffeine is also allowed because it makes people more productive.

It's all tolerance I've drank 500ml of vodka in one shot with no problems, is it safe no but 665ml is not that much as long as it's spaced out

but used as a "social lubircant" alchohol can be viewed as a positive if not necessary part of society..

No matter how alcohol is used, it is being used as a drug. Whether in a social setting(bar, pub, etc.) or used at home alone, it is still a drug. Where or how you use it does not change that fact.

I wish we would stop referring to 'drugs and alcohol' like they're not the same thing. It makes it too easy for people to do a big ol' cognitive dissonance number on the fact that when they get smashed on alcohol they are abusing drugs.

@kleinerkiffer You are only 20 and get hangovers? I'd never get hangovers at 20, maybe it's because you abused benzos and started early? According to this article, you should be able to handle any amount of alcohol until you are over 29. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/8-reasons-hangovers-really-do-get-worse-with-age/

If someone starts drinking at 18-21, they might be able to handle more alcohol and not feel hangovers as much. Since their body had a lot more time to fully develop, so it could handle more.

The type of alcohol might also matter. A person might be able to drink more ethanol from hard liquors as opposed to beer.

I also noticed that taking opioid painkillers, and also drinking alcohol, significantly increases the strength of alcohol. Thus not requiring as much alcohol to be consumed, and any hangover might be avoided.

Could opioid painkillers be taken to not feel a hangover?

@burn out, that sounds like the book "1984."

Last edited:
I also use to never get hangovers but after consuming massive amounts I'd go through the shakes the next day, I use to have friends try to force me to drink because they thought I was going through dts. Alcohol shouldn't be treated lightly though it's mostly safe

Its not a necessary part of society, there are tons of other ways to relax and socialize and plenty of societies have existed/still exist without mass alcohol consumption. It's a necessary part of THIS society and I think that is what frustrates a lot of people who don't particularly like the culture we have.

Alcohol is part of the plot to enslave us. Imagine what college would be like without alcohol. Alcohol and football are used to dull the minds of college students in order to render them docile and willing to spend all their time/energy learning how to be a good slave to corporations. Without them a lot more people might wake up and be like to hell with this, I have better things to do then give all my money to this university in exchange for their brainwashing. After college alcohol is used to numb the workforce to their plite. Basically, drugs like alcohol are used to keep people dumbed down and in line. Caffeine is also allowed because it makes people more productive.

Completely disagree with your points on college. College is a great opportunity to learn, and it's up to the individual as to whether they'll use it as an opportunity to educate themselves or an opportunity to get drunk. If anything, your perspective would be buying into stereotypes that the media has brainwashed us with, but I don't really buy that either

Completely disagree with your points on college. College is a great opportunity to learn, and it's up to the individual as to whether they'll use it as an opportunity to educate themselves or an opportunity to get drunk. If anything, your perspective would be buying into stereotypes that the media has brainwashed us with, but I don't really buy that either

I don't disagree with anything you said but don't see how it negates the points I made either.

I don't disagree with anything you said but don't see how it negates the points I made either.

You said that alcohol and football are used by universities to dull students' minds and make them docile slaves to corporations and to brainwash them. That is ridiculous

You said that alcohol and football are used by universities to dull students' minds and make them docile slaves to corporations and to brainwash them. That is ridiculous

orwell1984football.jpg

Orwell was against totalitarianism. To suggest anything in his writing was against education is taking him out of context. Drugs and entertainment can be used by those in power to control the masses, but to suggest that universities have this hidden agenda with corporations to brainwash their students is 100% conspiracy nonsense.

I might leave it at that since this is straying off topic. Short answer: Universities are not using alcohol to help brainwash students so that they will become docile slaves for corporations.

makes you feel good

here you can buy it in stores even if you are under 18

the police don't really bother you if you are drunk/drinking in public assuming you aren't being violent, while seeing you with bags of various white powders (even legal rcs) is more problematic

it's a great solvent for many things like benzos + non toxic so if you lay some blotters with it even if it doesn't all evaporate (it will) it wont cause problems (96% ethanol can be bought either in pharmacy's or stores and contains just ethanol and water)

it's a great preservative for many rcs for volumetric dosing (2c-x, ....)

doctors are generally quite knowledgeable about it unlike say drugs (rc or not) and finding one to treat any acute od or addiction problems is simple

same goes for ppl in general, most know how to handle a drunk person while not someone tripping on lsd

it's not that toxic, oding from it is quite hard so getting addicted, and even with addiction most problems caused are reversible

i can walk to the nearest store an buy some while buying some o-pce/eth-lad/2c-t-7/... is much harder

I've heard that some schools hold secret parties with lots of alcohol and prostitutes for possible future athletes, so that they'd choose to go to play for their Uni. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-scandal-of-us-college-football-2351406.html

Maybe some universities are more relaxed on alcohol, so that more kids would want to study there = more tuition money for the school. There are "party schools." I doubt universities would care about some government/business agenda.

It depends on what your definition of education is. Some say that modern colleges just spew out useless degrees, like: women's studies, black people's studies, Asian studies, Muslim Psychology, basket weaving, English degrees, racist studies, art degrees, Star Wars alien language studies, etc. Every one of the degrees listed is practically useless when applying for a job, unless it's Starbucks or McDonald's. I suppose they are just ways for kids to BS an easy degree on their parents money, while partying and drinking on all the free time they have, from not needing to study for anything useful. Of course colleges don't care, since they are being payed for these degrees.

@white55 Where did you mean by "here"? I don't think that's in the United States, if the drinking age is 18..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.