• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

the bachelor's cook book.

My beans and sausage thing.

Get an oven dish, put in a can of beans, put in chopped up sausages, cook for however long, add some cheese (for the cheese lovers hehe).

Optional - serve with bread ;)

mmmm

1 tin Johnwest Sardines in tomato sauce
3 slices of white bread

Pop sardines in a plate put wrapping over it to prevent spraying everywhere..pop in microwave for 1 minute...

Voila...

sardines straight from the tin..John west are the best!

5 SECOND NOODLES.
Hungry? Needa snack while watching TV and outta chips? 5 Second Noodles are what u need.
Go to cupboard and get pack of "2 minute noodles" out, open pack, break up a bit, put in bowl and sprinkle seasoning over em and EAT.

May not sound very nice but give it a chance, its pretty damn good. Even better when drunk or hungover and have the munchies.

Note: It probably does take more than 5 seconds to actually prepare these but really if ya add it up it takes more than 2 mins total to make 2 min noodles

Beech out

*bump* Theres some gold in this thread

One of my favorites:
Rice
Frozen corn pieces
Frozen spicy chicken nuggets

Nuggets into the oven
Boil the rice and when its half done throw in an equal amount of corn

Drain and serve. Rice, corn and spicey nuggets taste awesome

every bachelor has a trick up his sleeve...

the ultimate bachelor should know how to make at least one spiffy drink and dinner combination. thus :

the classic martini

3 parts gin (bombay, hendricks, gordons - don't skimp)
1 part dry vermouth
green olives (lots of olives)
twist o' lemon

add the gin and the vermouth to a shaker filled with ice, stir [or shake if you're bond incarnate] and pour into a martini glass. toss in the twist o' lemon and stick some olives on a toothpick and place on top of the glass. add a squirt of olive juice / brine and some more vermouth to make a dirty martini.

serve with :

chicken and chili with basil stirfry

500gm of sliced chicken breast
1/2 cup o' chopped spring onion
handful of torn basil
1 or 2 thinly sliced red chilis
pinch o' salt
clove o' garlic crushed
splotch o' vegetable oil
tablespoon of sugar

nb : palm sugar if you're feeling traditional, otherwise just white or brown is fine, and if you're keen on fish, add a drop of fish sauce.

toss oil in wok and heat. roughly chop [or use a pestle & mortar] the garlic and chilli to let flavours meld. briefly cook the chicken for a few minutes, then add everything but the basil to the wok and cook until aromatic and chicken doesn't look pink anymore. add basil at the last second, toss for a bit and then serve.

serve with steamed jasmine rice. the more generic palate might appreciate some cashews / broccoli / baby corn tossed into the wok as well.

:)

Easy Pasta

You will need

2 cloves of chopped FRESH (not that jar shit) garlic
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2cm pieces
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
1/2 cup Pine Nuts
Handful of baby spinach
Fresh Parmesan
1 packet angel hair pasta
olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

cook pasta (come on, EVERYONE can cook pasta right??)

when pasta is about 1/2 cooked (say, 5 or so minutes after putting in the pot) heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a frypan. Add garlic & brown, then add Cherry Tomatoes and 1/2 bunch coriander (or as much as desired) and turn to low heat. Don't overcook - tomatoes should still be firm and intact, not mushy.

Put pine nuts into a baking dish, and roast in oven (or under griller) til just brown.

Microwave asparagus for 2 mins on high (in a little water), drain & throw into tomato frypan mix. Stir, then pour over pasta. Top with pine nuts, baby spinach leaves and shaved fresh parmesan.

Viola - easy pasta

For another variations try adding Basil instead of Coriander.

Spag Bol

Provided you have a bit of time on your hands, this is my favourite easy recipe when i'm living alone....it's easy to prepare and once it's on the stove you can forget about it and do more important things for a couple of hours like watch tv, drink beer, etc

spaghetti bolognaise

Ingredients:
750gm mince
750gm tomato pasta sauce (i recommend bertolli provista sugo classica)
100gm (2 sachets) tomato paste
1 large onion
6 large chiilis (i like a hot brew - you can use less if you want)
1 tablespoon olive oil
750ml water
2 cloves garlic
grated parmessan cheese to taste

Method:
Heat the saucepan on medium heat and add the oil and onions
cook onions for 2 mins until brown
add mince and cook until brown
add the pasta sauce, then fill the pasta sauce bottle with water and add that to the saucepan

the saucepan should be pretty full at this point

stir and bring to the boil
add tomato paste, chilli and garlic

turn heat to low, put lid on saucepan and allow to simmer for 2 hours. You can probably pull it off the heat after 1 hour but i prefer 2....the most important thing when making bolognaise sauce is time....the longer you simmer the better as the flavours have full opportunity to infuse through the dish.

I consider myself a bit of a bolognaise snob.....having grown used to dishes prepared in this way i cannot eat a rushed and ill-prepared bolognaise (and by this mean i mean less than an hour's cooking time)

After the brew has been simmering for 90 mins cook the spaghetti (instructions are on the packet)

Once the spaghetti is done take the meat sauce off the stove and serve.

You will probably have quite a bit leftover, so it's good to divide up and leave some in the fridge and freeze the rest. It's good for four meals.

ok any bachelor worth his salt is not going to go to anywhere near this much effort. A true bachelor does not drink anything requiring more than 30 seconds prep so cocktails are out of the question. The bach drinks beer and basic spirits. The bachelor's best friend is a can opener (the variety that opens baked beans and stubbies). Emergency contact list has the fish n chips joint and pizza shop at the top. Can assure you any true bachelor does not spend a hell of a lot of time in the kitchen let alone know what corriander or basil is.

Remember there is a distinction between a single bloke and a bachelor.

Hrmm on 2nd thoughts I spose there are your classy variety of bachelor who choose to be bachelors and just remain single whilst entertaining as many lady friends as possible. Although I belive this could be considered outside the realm of bachelor and in the realm of 'player' or 'man whore'

Ah Pasta. It's cheap, lasts for ages, and is easy to cook.

Put whatever pasta you think is looking appealing at time of purchase into saucepan of already boiling water (jug)... Boil for about 6 mins or what not on stove. <- Experience will verse you in what you like most. (I like my pasta a bit firm because I'm impatient).

Anyways take your pasta out of the saucepan chuck into a colinder or whatever it is called to drain it. Then put it in a bowl with whatever pasta sauce you have chosen (Dolmio's wine and herbs is pretty damn good).

Here is the time to add cheese (normal cheese if you want to) and then microwave for a minute or two. If you didn't want to use normal cheese here is the time to add parmesan. At this stage you add whatever salts or peppers you want to and voila, semi-edible food...

beech said:
Hrmm on 2nd thoughts I spose there are your classy variety of bachelor who choose to be bachelors and just remain single whilst entertaining as many lady friends as possible. Although I belive this could be considered outside the realm of bachelor and in the realm of 'player' or 'man whore'
I consider myself in this category (and regularly cook uber dishes). Although I think I actually have to get some sex to qualify as a 'player'

i think a bachelor is different to a single bloke. You sound more like an unattached metro m4dd0g.

A true bachelor decorates his apartment in ghetto sheik with a pizza box centre piece.