& Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | JessFR | tathra

The Anthropogenic Climate Change Debate Thread

JGrimez

Bluelighter
Did you see how hectic the snow season has been down under?
Did you see all of these? Look at the coverage of the MSM (catastrophic warming, kids crying) versus what's actually going down:

Also: https://electroverse.net/australia-to-import-wheat-for-first-time-in-over-a-decade-after-the-worst-drought-in-116-years/

Science must be wrong.
What does that even mean? What about the science in my previous post? That's some of the most extensive study of historical climate changes in existence.
The natural cycle of the Grand Solar Minimum explains the extreme heat is due to atmospheric compression events at both ends of the spectrum, but the main issue are the jet streams going out of flow.
This causes disastrous weather events, and the low solar activity stimulates volcanic and seismic activity.
All it would take is one massive eruption for a seriously quick cooling feedback loop.
But there is some credible scientific literature that is predicting serious cooling beginning around now.

Last edited:

JessFR

Moderator: CEPS
Staff member
Funny, I live in Australia, and I can tell you every winter has been getting warmer and warmer. And every summer getting hotter and hotter.

Much like how global temperaters have been getting hotter and hotter, with each year being the highest recorded, year after year.

But no no no, it being super cold somewhere means it's all bullshit. Even though unstable weather extremes IS what climate change does.

It's amazing that someone can believe in convoluted ideas like the 9/11 conspiracy which involve enormously complex conspiracy theories. Yet just can't seem to accept that climate change isn't as simple as "always warmer, everywhere, always"

JGrimez

Bluelighter
Funny, I live in Australia, and I can tell you every winter has been getting warmer and warmer. And every summer getting hotter and hotter.
Your subjective feeling based on propaganda is irrelevant when I've just posted a massive list of record-low temperatures. No wonder you don't even care to address them all.

But no no no, it being super cold somewhere means it's all bullshit. Even though unstable weather extremes IS what climate change does.
Yes climate always changes and has been for millennia.

It's amazing that someone can believe in convoluted ideas like the 9/11 conspiracy which involve enormously complex conspiracy theories. Yet just can't seem to accept that climate change isn't as simple as "always warmer, everywhere, always"
In that case you should be able to explain why this is caused by carbon dioxide and not just natural climate variability.

It's amazing how people blatantly deny science that doesn't fit within their worldview..

JGrimez

Bluelighter
SNOWFALL will become “A very rare and exciting event…
Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”

Dr David VinerSenior scientist, climatic research unit (CRU)

“Good bye winter. Never again snow?” – Spiegel (2000)

“Milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms” – IPCC (2001)

“End of Snow?” – NYTimes (2014)

WITH ‘unexpected’ snow over the past four years boosting historical averages across Australia’s ski fields, the big question still remains: Is Australia’s premier science body, the CSIRO, and the Ski industry willing to retract their ‘end of snow’ predictions?

A 2003 CSIRO report, part-funded by the ski industry, found that resorts could lose a quarter of their snow by 2020 …

JGrimez

Bluelighter
If anthropogenic global warming was legitimate then they wouldn't need to use propagandist tactics to convince people and silence debate:

Greta Thunberg launched a stunt to sail across the Atlantic instead of flying, which is bad.
But the 6 crew accompanying her are all flying back?

JGrimez

Bluelighter
A big hit for the global warming alarmists and a big win for the AGW skeptics:

MICHAEL MANN LOSES LAWSUIT AGAINST CLIMATE SCEPTIC TIM BALL

In Feburary 2018 there was a complete dismissal in the lawsuit brought against Dr. Ball by Andrew Weaver of Canada, also for “defamation”.

The Weaver defamation case involved an article Ball wrote saying that the IPCC had diverted almost all climate research funding and scientific investigation to anthropogenic global warming (AGW). This meant that there was virtually no advance in the wider understanding of climate and climate change. Ball referenced an interview with Weaver and attempts by a student to arrange a debate. Ball made some comments that were not fully substantiated, so they became the base of the defamation lawsuit.

That case was completely dismissed, you can read more here.
Basically, Dr Tim Ball is a climate scientist that is very skeptical of anthropogenic global warming. He criticized UN-backed propagandist Michael Mann and his infamous hockey stick graph. Mann tried to sue Ball for defamation, but refused to present the evidence that his scientific work was legitimate and based on true figures - which shows he has something to hide. So the judge threw the case out.

swilow

Administrator
Staff member
I've just posted a massive list of record-low temperatures. No wonder you don't even care to address them all.
If record lows prove scientists are wrong, what about all the record highs? Oh yeah, sunspots. Right.

The sources I refer to demonstrate that temperature is trending upwards. There is no real way to deny this tbh, it is actually happening. I've seen nothing that seems to disprove that.

JGrimez

Bluelighter
If record lows prove scientists are wrong, what about all the record highs? Oh yeah, sunspots. Right.
As I explained, when the jet streams go out of whack it causes atmospheric compression events at both ends of the spectrum.
The weakening of the magnetosphere (which affects the jet streams) is caused by low solar activity.
This has happened before in our history.

The sources I refer to demonstrate that temperature is trending upwards. There is no real way to deny this tbh, it is actually happening. I've seen nothing that seems to disprove that.
Natural warming happened after the Little Ice Age finished. Carbon emissions weren't an issue then. It's amazing that people think all of a sudden it's humans changing the climate when this shit has been happening (to MUCH greater extremes) for billions of years. I suggest you research the conditions surrounding the Dalton and Maunder minimums. There hasn't been warming since the late 90's which is why they dropped "global warming" and altered it to "climate change". It's definitely trending downwards right now, keep an eye on the next northern hemisphere winter. Soon this cooling trend will be impossible to deny and your fabricated narrative will collapse.

They said ice caps would be melted by now, they said snow would be a thing of the past etc, and now for some reason the #1 expert in global warming is a 16 year old girl. Isn't that a bit suspicious? Should we get a 14 year old to balance the budget? After he's done that he can handle the 5G rollout.

Xorkoth

Sr. Mod: PD, TR, TDS, P&S
Staff member
They said ice caps would be melted by now
Not true, they said it would be by 2050. The arctic ice cap is already largely gone in the summer, they say it is expected to be ice-free in the summer by 2030 or so if the current trend continues.

and now for some reason the #1 expert in global warming is a 16 year old girl
Does anyone actually think this? I don't even know what 16 year old girl you're talking about.

It's amazing that people think all of a sudden it's humans changing the climate when this shit has been happening (to MUCH greater extremes) for billions of years
Yes, it has, but over tens of thousands or millions of years. Not over 1-2 human lifetimes.

Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas. We've been releasing it to the tune of billions of metric tons every year for like 150 years, in ever increasing amounts. It can't be denied that it is a greenhouse gas, it blocks heat from escaping the atmosphere. So how could it be that it's not having an effect on global temperatures?

Also this:

Trump officials deleting mentions of ‘climate change’ from U.S. Geological Survey press releases

With the head of the EPA a former fossil fuel industry lobbyist... it begs the question: why would they delete information if there wasn't something they want to hide?

TenPi

Greenlighter
Is global warming a real issue? The trend is upwards, but the question is why, and what the effects will be. In the short term (our lives) we will have more arable land in canada and russia. Its a few degrees, no biggie. But ocean acidificiation, now that's a worrisome thing isn't it?
The Climate change scam is proudly funded by Communists.
Are you really surprised? Time for wakeup kiddies.
Hitler had animal cruelty laws. Doesn't make it wrong.

Xorkoth

Sr. Mod: PD, TR, TDS, P&S
Staff member
Indeed, the vocal pushback against the idea of anthropocentric climate change is pushing for environmental deregulations. Regulations which, even if carbon emissions are not the reason the planet is warming quickly, even if that narrative is incorrect, have had a lot of other important effects such as drastically reducing air pollution (large numbers of Chinese die and get very sick every year from smog... in the 80s, smog in some American cities was similarly bad), reducing acid rain, reducing water pollution, reducing the degradation the ozone layer, and so on. And ocean acidification is a very worrying and serious issue. Already many of the coral reefs have died. A large percentage of the human population of the Earth (not to mention other species) primarily eat from the ocean, and the total biomass in the ocean is already reduced by a lot. Also the biomass of flying insects including pollinators has reduced by about 75% in some areas. There are massive bee die-offs. If we destroy the Earth's pollinators we're in for some extremely dire consequences.

Consider the source of claims of human-caused climate change when determining whether there is an ulterior motive. And always be wary of ulterior motives. Also consider the myriad other very real and undeniable consequences of environmental de-regulation.

I think the Democrats and the Republicans in the establishment are all corporate shills and they all suck. But for me, environmental concerns are my top priority which is why I end up voting for Democrats almost always.

JGrimez

Bluelighter
Barrier Reef is actually thriving quite nicely at the moment.

Sacked for speaking out against Climate Change + Great Barrier Reef facts

I agree with you in that I wish all this CO2 hysteria was focused on actual pollution - which nobody can doubt is a health emergency and killing many people.
However this fabricated emergency of manmade CO2 causing global warming is unproven according to many scientists (there is definitely NOT any consensus)
Carbon dioxide is not pollution.

Last edited:

JGrimez

Bluelighter
Since I like you all I feel I should put out a warning:

We may be looking at global food shortages in the next few years and possible famine.
Governments can print money, but they can't print food.
They are hiding the crises so as not to cause a panic.
They're downplaying the effects of the Grand Solar Minimum which is beginning now.

Extreme cooling is coming (and has begun already).
It's imperative that everyone begins learning how to grow their own food (especially in colder climates, especially indoors).
Stock up on food and have at least a 3-month supply (ideally a year or 2).

Good luck and God bless

(for more information watch Adapt 2030 (David Dubyne) and Ice Age Farmer and follow the news at Electroverse)

JGrimez

Bluelighter
Awareness is only now beginning (supposedly) of the significant impact that the Sun has on earth's climate.

With 'green energy' constituting a $1.5 trillion dollar industry, it is reasonable to suggest that truth has little to do with the motivations of those who push the "man made" angle. That includes people who irresponsibly exploit people like Greta Thunberg, a 16 year old child with Asperger's syndrome.

"In the galactic scheme of things, the Sun is a remarkably constant star. While some stars exhibit dramatic pulsations, wildly yo-yoing in size and brightness, and sometimes even exploding, the luminosity of our own sun varies a measly 0.1% over the course of the 11-year solar cycle.

There is, however, a dawning realization among researchers that even these apparently tiny variations can have a significant effect on terrestrial climate. A new report issued by the National Research Council (NRC), "The Effects of Solar Variability on Earth's Climate," lays out some of the surprisingly complex ways that solar activity can make itself felt on our planet."

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
With 'green energy' constituting a $1.5 trillion dollar industry, it is reasonable to suggest that truth has little to do with the motivations of those who push the "man made" angle.
sure. but we should believe the fossil fuel industry who have an even bigger interest? the truth has even less to do with their motivations...

:\

alasdair

Last edited:

JGrimez

Bluelighter
Do you really believe that? Scientists have long considered the sun pretty damn important in it's effects on earth. 🤔
Apparently solar forcing isn't even taken into account when it comes to some of the climate models.
They're severely downplaying the role of the sun, and severely exaggerating the effect of CO2 (if it even exists) and especially the minuscule amount of manmade CO2.
We can't tax the sun but we can tax every single person in the world and funnel that massive amount of money to the IMF.

sure. but we should believe the fossil fuel industry who have an even bigger interest? the truth has even less to do with their motivations...
That's your opinion. The point is that global warming alarmists will be quick to state that any dissenting (credible) voices are being influenced by monetary factors, yet it's hypocritical.
Not every skeptic is benefiting from the fossil fuel industry and not every alarmist is making money from carbon taxes or tied up with green energies.
They've also painted the fossil fuel industry as inherently bad and evil, while said industry is responsible for a large part of human development in general.
It's like how they've demonized nuclear energy. If a warming alarmist really wanted to greatly reduce carbon emissions while also doing what's best for civilization as a whole then they'd be pushing for nuclear energy. But the propaganda has made people fear nuclear.