The 90's/early 00's grunge, numetal, punk, shoegaze, alt and more thread!

@2:11 the best metal riff I've ever heard, then an epic Chino scream... priceless

A song about drugs, strippers and sex... typical rockstar stuff.

Last edited:

My favorite Nirvana song

This song is about so many things, but mainly Kurt dealing with his choices and decisions and wanting to restart his life (in my opinion).

@Stark

Fuck yeah, you just introduced me to 2 song I've never heard! New music is like getting high for me, I love that fucking feeling. Priceless. Sticks with you forever.

Thank you!!

My veins bleed grunge.

I wish it was more socially acceptable. Sometimes I play grunge and people look at me as if I'm depressed... when in reality I'm just being inspired by amazing music. Some people are so short sighted and basic...

I wish it was more socially acceptable. Sometimes I play grunge and people look at me as if I'm depressed... when in reality I'm just being inspired by amazing music. Some people are so short sighted and basic...

Oh well those people suck 😁
Play them some Screaming Trees and Mudhoney ❤

@Stark

Just discovered new bands, new songs that I'm surprised I never heard before. Thank you for for linking this stuff!

Nearly broke my neck banging to this shit!! :devilish: Especially I Mother Earth - Levitate... dope!!!! Loved those Maynard like screams!

*currently drunk and playing air guitar to nobody except myself*

Last edited:
I Mother Earth

Dig and Scenery and Fish, their first two albums, don't have a bad song between them. The singer, Edwin left after that to pursue a generic late-90s-Sugar-Ray-pop-rock career, and I wasn't a fan of the two albums they did with their new singer, Brian Byrne.

This was the summer music festival music of my teen years. We appreciate summer in Canada, for obvious reasons, and it was a golden age for music like this.

I think I've seen these guys live maybe ten times, on big outdoor stages, and dingy dive bars:

For a time, there were a bunch of teenage girls walking wearing a tshirt that just said, "Moist," without any sense of irony:

Love the first album from these guys:

And, of course, the kings of Can-con:

What? I didn't even get that memo...

So I'm finally one of the cool kids? And without knowing it, too.

I remember my wife saying to me she wished she had seen STP in their day...

I just turned to her and said "UM, you did, you just don't remember !"

The "We recorded this after listening to The Downward Spiral 1000 times" starter pack:

(Yeah, yeah, I know, Richard Patrick actually PLAYED with NIN, but the influence is there.)

These guys took a serious turn in their sound with the Transmission album, trading sitars for sequencers.