• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The 70s rock, punk and new wave thread...

sunrise wrong side of another day, sky high and six thoudsand miles away
don't know how how long I've been awake, wound up in an amazing state

The 70's - the decade of the 'Live' album.

Here's a few of my faves...

They never get mentioned much but Johnny Thunders and the heartbreakers "LAMF" is one of the great lost punk albums - they've released a remixed version and it's fucking jaw-dropping, apart from the pistols it's my fave punk album - well, it was the punk era but they could play like fuck - none of this "we can't play and we're proud" bollocks.
This is the remixed chinese rocks - "It's hot as a bitch i shoulda been rich but I'm just diggin a chinese ditch"

sunrise wrong side of another day, sky high and six thoudsand miles away
don't know how how long I've been awake, wound up in an amazing state

I think the hammersmith version of motorhead and bomber are better - although the studio version of motorhead is great just because of lemmys vocal.

This is them miming to the hammersmith version. I think Lemmy might've been the greatest of them all - when you think of the greats like Bon and Lynott you tend to miss lemmy cos he didn't die young but like he said "the last one you can trust until the end"

Wire are definitely one of my favourite bands of the Punk / New Wave scene. Literally never get sick of this one. Frontman Colin Newman is still making interesting music to this day.

This live version is pretty killer too.

I think the hammersmith version of motorhead and bomber are better - although the studio version of motorhead is great just because of lemmys vocal.

This is them miming to the hammersmith version. I think Lemmy might've been the greatest of them all - when you think of the greats like Bon and Lynott you tend to miss lemmy cos he didn't die young but like he said "the last one you can trust until the end"

I agree and only posted the other version cos this is a 70's thread :)

I saw Motorhead play in Leeds on the same tour No Sleep til Hammersmith tracks were recorded off - my first gig in fact! Memorable doesn't even come close...

My very favourite version of Motorhead however is one of the Hawkwind ones with Dave Brock on vocal and Lemmy on bass

I agree and only posted the other version cos this is a 70's thread :)

I saw Motorhead play in Leeds on the same tour No Sleep til Hammersmith tracks were recorded off - my first gig in fact! Memorable doesn't even come close...

My very favourite version of Motorhead however is one of the Hawkwind ones with Dave Brock on vocal and Lemmy on bass

Did they make your ears bleed?

I like spotting all the times lemmy worked speed into his songs - bomber, built for speed, snaggletooth "speed don't kill and I'm the proof".