I can't keep singing "I can't go on"
a friend of mine killed himself to that song
so I get drunk and make my own concert
then wake up and everyone calling me a monster
my worse half is good at making black magic
the other splashes water in my face kinda tragic
but I'll never give in and admit defeat
guess I'll have to swallow today's green meat

So how about spreading around some of that Lottery wealth?
Screenshot-20210617-201120.png

I can treat you to the dollar menu at McDonalds...
but I'm definitely going to need my dick sucked

good poem. When I read it in my head I feel like I hear a cadence to it that is like a rap kind of.
I generally either listen to bukowski or rap to get inspired and it shows in my poems lol

I usually have to listen to something to get inspired and then run with it

I rhyme more when I'm listening to rap, heh

I generally either listen to bukowski or rap to get inspired and it shows in my poems lol

I usually have to listen to something to get inspired and then run with it

I rhyme more when I'm listening to rap, heh
So glad that I'm not the only Bukowski fan on here...there must be others (you know who you are) I mentioned Buk earlier today in a thread by a woman kicking opioids on her own with heavy drinking, and was surprised no one seemed to have heard of him.

I was introduced to him in high school when my best friend put a book in my hands and said read this!

So glad that I'm not the only Bukowski fan on here...there must be others (you know who you are) I mentioned Buk earlier today in a thread by a woman kicking opioids on her own with heavy drinking, and was surprised no one seemed to have heard of him.

I was introduced to him in high school when my best friend put a book in my hands and said read this!
he is really almost cult like and people either love him or hate him - or most have never heard of him

he's my spirit animal :cool:

honestly I would have a hard time believing any woman liked him - he was definitely very... off putting to women in general (and I don't blame them)

he is really almost cult like and people either love him or hate him - or most have never heard of him

he's my spirit animal :cool:

honestly I would have a hard time believing any woman liked him - he was definitely very... off putting to women in general (and I don't blame them)
He was certainly an animal. Started writing in his 40s after a lot of meandering-hard living. Wrote poems and stories up to the end of his life, and died happily married, even drove a BMW to the racetrack that he purchased after writing the screenplay for Barfly.

Started writing in his 40s after a lot of meandering-hard living.
That's why I love him so much. He inspires me in his unique way. I love his most depressing shit because in his own way he made it out of it.... in his own depressing way!

I loathe myself sometimes and I feel at home in his writing.

Keep writing Snafu! I love your stuff; especially those flashes of insight in the darkest of places, pointing to sanity or at least the possibility of hope. You have the talent and the discipline, whereas I only ever might have had one of those

those flashes of insight in the darkest of places, pointing to sanity or at least the possibility of hope.
I've been through a lot of shit and noticed this:

extreme physical exhaustion or emotional turmoil often produces the purest unrestricted emotion that makes the best talk, art, writing, etc..

not sure if you've ever hiked 15 miles with 75lbs on your back...... but half way through you will start sobbing if you have any pent up emotions in there, they will come out

I once hiked about 7 miles while sobbing uncontrollably and it was one of the greatest releases I've ever had in my life

emotions are meant for human extremes anyways, right?

I've been on here maybe a week or a little more, during which time you posted two inspired poems that I came across by accident. If I try to write a poem I get bogged down by perfectionism, which is exactly the wrong way to do it. Good writing is a lot like good tripping, it requires honesty & paying attention without getting bogged down in your own preconceptions

Last edited: