• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS The 2024 Suicide Support Group

Hey guys and gals, I see the thread is about suicide, this may cheer ya up.. So I got invega injections, this med blocks dopamine receptors and kills the sex drive. Now I can't feel happy or sad, I can't get excited or cry, can't feel love or physically show love. Antipsychotics shrink the brain so in other words in permanently lobotomized, I'll never have a normal life again and life is pointless to live at this point. I just exist.. So if ur reading this I hope u realize what u have.. I would give anything to be able to cry and be depressed

Can I ask, is it normal to have attempted suicide? I really can't discuss this with anyone in real life due to the stigma and the fact that not many people have actually tried suicide. Thought about it but attempted, very very few.

Can I ask, is it normal to have attempted suicide? I really can't discuss this with anyone in real life due to the stigma and the fact that not many people have actually tried suicide. Thought about it but attempted, very very few.
I don't know if it's "normal" persay, but a lot of people DO attempt suicide. I think only 25% are successful with men being more successful than women. People with mental disorders are also more likely to commit suicide. Are you still actively suicidal?

mental as in mentally insane? I'm not sure you'd know you were insane, but if you are having serious mental problems and are suicidal, the first thing i'd do is reach out to friends, family, or even public services like BL.

The thought of suicide crosses the minds of more than will admit. Life can be challenging and some things seem impossible to escape.

I hate to echo the old cliché, but it really is permanent solution to temporary problems- feelings and emotions are fleeting.

Talk to us. tell us what's going on.

The afterlife is real. We've been strongly conditioned to disbelieve. Those who died of suicide are fine over there.

The afterlife is real. We've been strongly conditioned to disbelieve. Those who died of suicide are fine over there.

fccdc1ad356ec8c008237ae68b95e9f8.jpg

Hi all..

I was hesitant to share this here but feel like I can share here comfortably and safely. Long story short, I've struggled with depression, self harm & anxiety for a while now from 2016. My psychiatrist diagnosed me with having borderline PD in 2017 after seeing me for nearly a year.

I've covered in other threads about my Benzo addiction & alcohol abuse and went to 2 rehabs earlier this year to detox off benzos and I did relapse a few times after being discharged from my detox though managed to always reach out for help from the NA community but as of late I can feel I'm sinking into a deeper depressive state and have self harmed once (I managed to stop this for quite a long time & rarely go back to self harm) and thoughts of seriously leaving this world have been coming into my mind more and more.

I am 22 but do not know if I still have hope. If my entire life will be like how it is now then I might as well just end it here and not prolong it for years and years. I've went back to using alcohol here and there to cope with my thoughts & feelings and benzo cravings are back full on though managed to stay off them for now.

I just felt like sharing.

When i was 22 i was going in and out of hospitals. Its a rough age, but our brains have not even matured yet.

I hate to sound like a broken record, @Sytryan, but do you speak with a doctor?

For me, as cheesy as it sounds, going for walks and looking for positives in my life go a long way. Every feeling we feel is temporary, although ot may not seem that way. Things can change so quickly, but we won't be able to take advantage of the good things if we are not mentally ready.

I am 22 but do not know if I still have hope. If my entire life will be like how it is now then I might as well just end it here and not prolong it for years and years. I've went back to using alcohol here and there to cope with my thoughts & feelings and benzo cravings are back full on though managed to stay off them for now.

benzos and alcohol are my thing too man. it's hard always feeling like you can't live with the thoughts in your head. the constant worry and regret. sometimes I feel my nerves aching.

like madness said 22 can be a rough time, it definitely was for me. I'm better off now than I was then even though I still struggle. the world is always changing and the longer you go through life the more your perception can change.

I'm glad you chose to share because there are tons of people here who can relate. Hope you stick around and continue posting! <3

Hi all..

I was hesitant to share this here but feel like I can share here comfortably and safely. Long story short, I've struggled with depression, self harm & anxiety for a while now from 2016. My psychiatrist diagnosed me with having borderline PD in 2017 after seeing me for nearly a year.

I've covered in other threads about my Benzo addiction & alcohol abuse and went to 2 rehabs earlier this year to detox off benzos and I did relapse a few times after being discharged from my detox though managed to always reach out for help from the NA community but as of late I can feel I'm sinking into a deeper depressive state and have self harmed once (I managed to stop this for quite a long time & rarely go back to self harm) and thoughts of seriously leaving this world have been coming into my mind more and more.

I just felt like sharing.
Just read this. At 22, you've got so many good things yet to experience. Keep in mind what a big world we live in. I'm trying not to preach; lots of options once ya get out of your own way. I'm nearly 50, and nothing special. Looking back at past " end of the world"situations I've had, so glad I kept going. Had better experiences afterwards than I deserved. Try to keep a ratio perspective. So the last 3-4 yrs have sucked. And a % of that time due to trying to fix yourself,maybe? Less than 1/5 of your life. Stick around, learn from the rearview, don't get stuck there.Time to get goin'.

Canada hotlines put together by @Alex_1991

Harm Reduction and Substance Use Resources

The following programs and organizations are where we get our information from, or work with towards our mission.

Ontario Harm Reduction Distribution Program: OHRDP
www.ohrdp.ca
OHRDP co-ordinates the distribution of harm reduction supplies to Needle Syringe Programs through a licensed distributor. Through the distribution of sterile, single-use equipment and better knowledge transfer we can help communities stay safer and healthier.

The carrynaloxONe Toolkit
www.eenet.ca/initiatives/naloxone
Developed by the Ontario Harm Reduction Network (OHRN) with support from the Provincial System Support Program (PSSP) at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), this toolkit helps Ontario Public Health Units (PHU) in carrying out their mandate, under the Harm Reduction Program Enhancement Initiative funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, to support eligible community based organizations in distributing naloxone to clients.

The Opioid Resource Hub
www.eenet.ca/initiatives/ORH
The Opioid Resource Hub (ORH) supports system level change in the area of opioid use and addiction. Our overarching goal is to support an evidence-informed mental health and addictions system leading to the reduction of opioid-related harms in Ontario. We build capacity in health care providers; empower people with lived experience to share their stories as a form of evidence; and develop evidence-informed knowledge exchange resources and events. ORH is part of Evidence Exchange Network (EENet) in the Provincial System Support Program (PSSP) at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH).

Public Health Ontario
www.publichealthontario.ca
Public Health Ontario (PHO) keeps Ontarians safe and healthy. With our partners in government, public health and health care, we prevent illness and improve health. We provide the scientific evidence and expert guidance that shapes policies and practices for a healthier Ontario. PHO has locations across Ontario, including 11 laboratory sites.

The Ontario Drug Policy Research Network (ODPRN)
www.odprn.ca
ODPRN is a collaboration of established researchers from across Ontario that was formed to rapidly respond to policymakers’ needs for relevant research to guide and inform their decisions. We have the capacity to generate scientifically sound evidence related to real-world drug utilization, safety, effectiveness, and costs of drugs in Ontario, and have developed partnerships that allow us to engage in cross-provincial comparisons of drug safety and utilization. Our researchers have expertise in pharmaceutical utilization, outcomes, economics, and drug-policy research.

Alliance for Healthier Communities
www.allianceon.org
The Alliance for Healthier Communities is Ontario’s voice for community-governed primary health care. We represent 107 community-governed primary health care organizations. Our membership includes Ontario’s Community Health Centres, Aboriginal Health Access Centres, Community Family Health Teams and Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics.

Addictions and Mental Health Ontario (AMHO)
www.amho.ca
AMHO is a network of over 220 members in Ontario working together to build a comprehensive and accessible system of addiction and mental health care. Members provide a range of community-based addiction and mental health services and supports that help Ontarians with their recovery.

Canadian Drug Policy Coalition
www.drugpolicy.ca
The Canadian Drug Policy Coalition is comprised of over 70 organizations and 3000 individuals working to support the development of a drug policy for Canada that is based in science, guided by public health principles, is respectful of the human rights of all, and seeks to include people who use drugs and those harmed by the war on drugs in moving towards a healthier Canadian society.

Understanding opioids | Ontario.ca
www.ontario.ca/page/understanding-opioids
Information provided by Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.

Do you mean an overdose? Gosh my own difficult life has recently considered this as a potential easier way.

I don't fancy starving to death. I would probably opt for dehydration, supposedly much faster.

Sorry, I understand that this is a Little glum of course I do not want you to feel so trapped and low in life that you want to kill yourself if that is what you mean above.

I'm just trying to empathize honestly because my own life has been so extraordinarily hard and insufferable recently I have honestly wished that euthanasia was a legal option and I believe it should be but it's like £10,000 to go to Switzerland as far as I'm aware.

I have had severe lyme disease since 2005 and no immune system with permanent severe respiratory infections and allergies to just about everything out there.

This year in particular life has been for more pain and suffering than anything close to pleasure and all I have thought about is dying a lot of the time.

But I am such a coward I'm just not sure I have the courage to actually take my own life.

The method you speak of above is the only one I think I could bravely consider.

I should be talking you out of this in the classical sense but I just am trying to empathize and be honest and say that I can maybe understand your desperation and emptiness and feeling that you have no choice in life because I am right there but still just about managing to fight on.

But I guess I should say from my heart please just take some time to think this over and tell yourself that literally nothing matters and that life can be ok for you again you just don't know what's around the corner.

Please take your time anyway do your research of course and keep all of your options open. I will watch this thread and would be very interested to see how you are coping and what direction you are looking at moving in and I would love to help you with your mental state because honestly I experienced the most extraordinary really intense and low mental states of severe anxiety and depression in combination with insufferable physical symptoms and illness everyday it is only the Phenomenal strength of my mind which has gotten me through so far.

So if there is any way I can support you or help you I will try my best to do that. Are you young? I'm sorry I didn't mean to patronize you by that and you don't have to tell me anything but if you are fairly young in life then I can absolutely promise you that you may just be having an early life identity crisis and it is astonishing how much better life can turn out to be when you are at a very dark point while you are young.

So please hold on in there just for the moment my friend and see if there is a way forward for now there is no rush you can still do your research and basically be informed and prepared. No pressure. Sending you love from the UK, and one crazy trip head here ( but I mean every single word I say genuinely and purely for your own good I wish. )

Last edited:
What the dose and what the drug you please
For mine it's real Afghan heroic heroin IV dose
Btw, my own father died when I was three via heroin overdose, so I guess it is something which is somehow close to my heart, not that I have ever been aware of suffering any emotional pain because I was simply too young to understand grief and loss at the time.

years old, and yes i mean die by drug overdose 😅
Hang tough girl if you can please. So many times in my life, Im swearing "This is the worst day of my life. I just can't go on living".

But I hold on in Hope because I know from experience that you can go from feeling at your absolute lowest on earth to suddenly feeling wondrously well and happy in life and this is especially the case when you are much younger.

You have so much ahead of you and where you are now will be part of who you become and will strengthen you in the long run.

I believe you can be happy no matter what.

I care anyhow, and like I said above I think I really can empathize with how you are feeling.

Im 40 myself, a hardened triphead.
So pleaze hold tight. Let everything go. Nothing matters. Just breathe. In the moment only. Be grateful where you can for any little thing we typically take for granted.

And hold hope for the future no matter how you feel at the moment I promise you life can be the complete opposite within a short space of time.

Sorry I'm not sure what else sensible to add, under influence of LSD cannabis and lovely kava.
Sending you love again, and I'm right with you by the way. It's tough!