k: will lutz
dst: cowboys
b: latavius murray
b: damien harris
b: michael gallup
b: marquez valdes-scantling
b: courtland sutton
b: darren waller

pretty happy. obviously strong at rb a little weaker at wr...

alasdair

You need a player from the eagles

You need a player from the eagles
i would have been happy if i had managed to pick up carson wentz but i held off qb (wentz went in the 8th round) and got philip rivers in the 15th round. amazing value.

miles sanders would have been interesting too but i got pretty stacked at rb and he went in the 8th round. i'll be interested to see how desean does back in philly - he went in our 13th round and i suspect that'll prove to be good value.

alasdair

I think djax is going to light it up this weekend vs washington. I don't think he stays healthy long term

This is the first season I've ever done any kind of fantasy league. Got 2nd best draft of our 8 team league because I know nothing and showed it shrewdly.

Week 1 in the books. For QB I sat Lamar Jackson (50.8 pts) and Deshaun Watson (39.4) while I rode Baker Mayfield (14.25) to my game one loss to a 10y old kid (139.76 to 105.17). Was QB my only mistake? No, of course not. Let's play Joe Mixon (1.7) at RB rather than Kenyon Drake (2.7) or Darius Guice (3.8). Not the major difference I had regarding what QB sat on the bench, but the other team graded out as a C against my B+...he just understands who is playing who, and therefore which player has a better chance at points. Me? I'm barely able to get to my roster and move players around. This may be my one and only season doing fantasy.

i started with a win which always feels good.

rivers had a great day - nearly 30 points. my wr corp. was a little uninspiring but they all pretty much met or slightly exceeded projections.

my running backs did great anchored by david johnson and dalvin cook. evan engram at tight end showed up in week 1 and answered the pre-season hype and my kicker scored 15 points which is always good.

on to week 2!

alasdair

^go, rivers.

i'm getting wrecked this year. 3-1. i missed the live draft. we have a league that's actually two sets of 12, so someone from the other side picked for me (you're competing against them, but not enough for it to be a significant conflict of interest). is a bummer. that's the best part of fantasy.

my 2nd round pick was this antionio brown clown. to make up for it, i traded forunettes to get cooks because i have mccaffery and derrick henry. but i just made that happen (actually it got proposed to me, right before i caved and took a lesser trade).

and my qb, drew brees, is out as well. i picked up phillip rivers on the waivers to fill in for brees. which has been fortunate. i don't know how a qb is gonna play same season he had hand surgery.

Last edited:
3-1 is not really getting wrecked is it? in our league, 3-1 is 3rd place.

i'm 4-0 baby.

philip rivers has been solid. my main wide receivers (chris godwin and kenny golladay) have been great and my running backs (dalvin cook, david johnson and kerryon johnson) are also doing well. i'm stacked at tight end with both evan engram and darren waller. roundign off my team is wil lutz.

i tend to stream defenses weekly and this week i got 19 points from the pittsburgh dst who i picked up because of the bengals match up.

roll on week 5.

alasdair

i lost gallman early on and rivers laid an egg. my opponent had aaron jones. so...

i dropped to 4-1 this week.

bye weeks starting to kick in so it's getting interesting.

alasdair

i'm stumbling now. i'll be at 4-2.

last week, i played the guy who had aaaron jones. this week, it was stefan diggs who went off for over 40pts and scored more points than about 6 of my players combined including my qb :(

but... we're getting into bye weeks pretty hard now and it looks like i've planned well for those. fingers crossed.

how is everybody else doing?

alasdair

nobody playing?

our regular season just ended and i'm in 1st place! i get a bye next week then it's semis and final.

it was a grind as ever. i had an ok draft - godwin (4th round), golladay (5th), cook (2nd), sutton (12th) and rivers (15th) were great picks and good value. i also had evan engram (7th) who was great but got hurt and darren waller (undrafted) who's been great. my biggest busts were dj (1st), kerryon johnson (3rd), MVS (11th) and marquise goodwin (13th).

season was up and down. i went: WWWWLLWWWLWLW to finish 9-4

roll on week 15!

alasdair

lost dalvin cook and chris godwin today and lost my semi final. disappointing end to a great season...

alasdair