• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2016/2017 NFL thread v.... Brady's Revenge

^

ok so we are on the longest active consecutive playoff run.. tied with new england. the longest ever was the cowgirls at one ahead of us. We have injury after injury for years, but we still are always in the hunt... ted thompson is a fucking genius.. not even mentioning we are a small market team. He will be in the Hall of fame or should be. He doesn't need to spend money on free agency, but does when it's right.

So in my opinion your as crazy as a loon.. you should be a jets fan for a season... youd be suking ted dick.

You need to look at his choices... i'm not even going to address your picks things. Daniels is one of the best i have ever seen play and I wear HaHas jersey and he is outa this world. If you don't think he is impact your crazy. Pluss Thomson is smart.. grab real talent undrafted or underdrafted and you get the wild drive and can survive being small market.

Im totally down with you

CRAPPERS HAS TO GO!!!

he is our limiting factor and the 4-3 doesn't work at the level we are trying to do it at.. no matter how smart he is.

Last edited:
Some other ted draft picks

4. NICK COLLINS

(S, R2, 2005)

After three somewhat nondescript seasons, Collins played as well as any safety from 2008-'10. In that time, he reached three Pro Bowls and made one of the biggest plays of Super Bowl XLV with a 37-yard interception return for a touchdown. Collins suffered a herniated disk in his neck in 2011 and never played again.

5. GREG JENNINGS

(WR, R2, 2006)

Ranks seventh in Packers history in career receptions (425) and receiving yards (6,537) and fifth in receiving touchdowns (53). Had three consecutive 1,000-yard receiving seasons from 2008-'10, tied for NFC lead in touchdowns in 2010 (12) and played in two Pro Bowls.

6. JORDY NELSON

(WR, R2, 2008)

Ranks eighth in franchise history in career receptions (400) and receiving touchdowns (49) and ninth in receiving yards (6,109). Nelson's 2014 campaign (98-1,519-13) ranks among the finest in team history

7. T.J. LANG

(G, R4, 2009)

10. JERMICHAEL FINLEY

(TE, R3, 2008)

Packers' most dynamic tight end since Pro Bowlers Keith Jackson and Mark Chmura in the mid-1990s. Had three seasons with at least 55 receptions and scored eight touchdowns in 2011. Suffered spinal cord injury in October 2013 and never played again. (was at that game:(<3)

11. RANDALL COBB

(WR, R2, 2011)

9. MASON CROSBY

(K, R7, 2007)

Packers' all-time leading scorer with 1,145 career points. Has made 79.7% of his career field goals, including 85.7% in last three years. Has also made 437 of 441 extra points (99.1%).

19. EDDIE LACY

(RB, R2, 2013)

Lacy set franchise records for most total touchdowns (24) and most rushing yards (2,317) by a Packer in his first two seasons.

64. DAVANTE ADAMS

(WR, R2, 2014)

these stats are from a while back

a notable free agent that once beat the entire packer team single handed almost Sir J Peppers!

Last edited:
Merged all us football junkies hangout together here on BL:)

Good to hear other opinions and share the spectacle, joy and tears!

So, not only are they terrible people, but they support terrible people and want people to be more terrible.

Why do good things happen to bad people?
Dude you should do a bit of research before you open your mouth.

A quote from http://www.thekraftgroup.com/philanthropy/ -

"Today, with more than $400 million in donations from the Kraft family and their foundations, the power of philanthropy has been felt by youth and families around the world by assisting programs that foster cultural diversity, education, family and health."

What an awful family :\

Dude you should do a bit of research before you open your mouth.

A quote from http://www.thekraftgroup.com/philanthropy/ -

"Today, with more than $400 million in donations from the Kraft family and their foundations, the power of philanthropy has been felt by youth and families around the world by assisting programs that foster cultural diversity, education, family and health."

What an awful family :\

Believing Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the rest of the Patriots to be genuinely bad guys is all I have left at this point. Please don't take it away from me.

Not sure if it's clear or not, but my posts were intended to be satirical. A hyperbolic expression of my thoughts and emotions regarding my least favorite team winning the Superbowl. My basic thoughts and feelings on the subject, but amplified X 1 million and projected through a filter that portrays football as if it were real life.

I bet you they got some killer tax breaks off of all that philanthropy, though.

Just saying, the types of dudes who record other dudes' practice sessions and intentionally deflate footballs in order to gain a competitive edge don't seem like the types who want to cure global poverty or give a shit about clean water in Sub-Saharan Africa. Just saying, if your perception is so narrowly focused on winning, your vision so myopic, that you are willing to devalue and desecrate the very notion of competition itself in order to achieve that end, then I don't think there is very much room in your head for all the starving children or the global AIDS epidemic.

Over the past two decades, the Patriots have subtly but methodically ruined football for me; particularly as a fan of a team (the Dolphins) with whom they share a division. In my mind, they represent an oppressive, authoritarian force, ruthlessly and systematically crushing all hope of dissent against nearly two decades of despondency and disappointment, by any means necessary, with no regard whatsoever for human rights or suffering. They are Vladamir Putining the fuck out of the NFL.

Lol. Go get em' champ.

I'm actually a Denver fan. Sorry your team sucks. But hey, Brady will retire in a couple years, and bellichick won't be around forever. You're Fish will have a their chance soon enough. Maybe Nick Saban will come back? Anyway, there's always next year :\

16665900_768236983332907_5107433199509005094_o.jpg

weak sauce.

i bet tom brady is really hurt by this kind of thing when admiring his 5 sb rings.

alasdair

IMO, any championship earned before the New York Jet's and AFL's (previously known as the "Amateur as Fuck League") stunning upset victory in Superbowl III holds very little meaning.

Bart Starr's two Superbowl titles were the equivalent of a top flight division I college football powerhouse going up against a Division II team and being awarded a world championship for it.

Then along came Joe Namath, the only Jet I do not despise, and the only truly joyful moment Jets fans have and ever will know.

Not saying Starr wasn't legit, just that comparing his championships earned in the fractured, primordial jank soup that was the NFL back then, to those of today's era is a stretch even I can't pull off, as much as I love to pounce on any opportunity to take some shine off of Tom Brady.

Of course Philly would take over draft

They should just have it here every year tbh

Not saying there aren't other places capable of having a good turnout

But seriously, fuck your fan base

And I say that in a completely condescending way

They estimated the turnout to be around 250,000 but I'm not sure if that counted all the riff raff who floated around trying to sell oils or knockoff t shirts or the dirt bikes that went around the car barriers

im not saying it's the smartest fan base on average, and efinitely not the most reasonable, but I don't see how you can say they aren't the most passionate

Even if they're not necessarily quite sure what they're getting hype about.

A lot of people claim that philly fans are real knowledgeable about football but that's not even true.

I mean, I am, but I'm also not a neanderthal

Bottom line though, fuck your fan base

23d35a8b9ffc04d5ac026e7c20122c3b.jpg

Yeah Philly fans are pretty passionate, true, I think they're the quickest to boo their own team if they're unhappy with how they're playing. But Raiders fans are fairly passionate too, Idk about being on the same level though.

sure. i also think packers, browns, steelers, chiefs and seahawks fans would have something to say about the claim that eagles fans are the most passionate...

alasdair

I don't even know what that means tbh, I didn't really watch the draft. I don't watch enough college football to try and form an opinion on it beforehand.

I follow the NBA more than the NFL at this point really, and soccer has moved up quite a bit too. College basketball is something I'd rather follow than college football

how you could determine one team's fan base as a whole to be more dedicated than another

I kind of sleepwalked through last year to be honest. And not even because of drugs, that actually doesn't really mess with my sports viewing, more because the Eagles were just a boring team to watch

Rookie QB with questionable rbs and nobody to throw to. Best player on offense is a 5'6 rb who should have just been in on 3rd downs

Our defense gave up so many killer penalties as well.

But this year looks a lot more promising, if only by default

The CB they drafted from WVU, Rasul Douglas, looks like he has potential. He isn't the fastest guy though, and neither is Jalen Mills, so they might give up some big plays every now and then. But Douglas always finds himself around the ball, even when he's kind of out of position. Some guys are just like that. And he actually has the hands to make the interception. He was probably a WR in high school

Sidney Jones seems like kind of a gamble but hopefully he can rehab all year and be ready for next year.

you made the claim - how are you measuring it?

you're basically contradicting yourself.

alasdair