• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

Opposing teams' headset issues at Foxboro go all the way back to Spygate. This has been happening for years. It was even mentioned in the Spygate book right after it happened. And oddly enough it only happens in Foxboro.

I think after everything that's happened this offseason other teams and coaches just won't ignore it anymore. You heard what Tomlin said last night. People are just sick of the Patriots cheating.

gm, it's telling that you had to change the word 'bent' to 'break' to make your point.

any reasonable person (i.e. not a bitter, butt-hurt bills fan) reading the rule would agree that the officials have discretion in this case. for whatever reason, they decided the play was not a penalty.

on the headset issues, the nfl (who control the equipment) already released a statement which suggests that nothing malevolent was at play. i'm reading reports that the patriots also had headset issues but they're not whining about them like tomlin. ben roethlisberger said the issue had no bearing on the game.

i get it. i get that the patriots don't get the benefit of the doubt but when that morphs into plain disinformation, that's bs.

more dawsoncrying...

alasdair

disinformation? They broke the rule. Period. The fact that the refs decided not to call a penalty on it doesn't make it a legal play.

You don't get to "bend" the rules when you've been caught cheating so many times. If anything refs should be calling every little thing on them.

Last edited:
even the article you used to prove your point doesn't say they broke the rule. you had to change the text...

weaksauce, dude.

alasdair

Change the text? All I did was write a title. The title of the article wasn't "Patriots defensive players bend rule 12.3.1(j)"

When you find yourself constantly having to defend someone over cheating allegations, chances are they're cheating. You can keep defending them if you want but the rest of the NFL world is going to label them cheaters for every little rule they bend or break, every little headphone irregularity in Foxboro, and for anything else that doesn't seem on the up and up. Bill Bellichick bought the ticket, not he can take the ride.

Also keep in mind, we're not just talking about a shift. The Steelers are saying players on the line were shouting "Hike!" to pull them into a false start which is definitely illegal.

Change the text? All I did was write a title. The title of the article wasn't "Patriots defensive players bend rule 12.3.1(j)"
disingenuous. don't do a wyld on me, gm.

the title of the article to which you linked was "Ben Roethlisberger Says The Patriots Defense Bent The Rules" but you chose to use a different title: "Patriots defensive players break rule 12.3.1(j)"

it's there in black and white. you can have the last word on this, if you like. i love watching you get all bent out of shape about the pats.

i wasn't there and neither were you so i'll defer to the officials who were standing, you know, right there.

on the headset issue, mike tomlin is whinging about it but the rest of the steelers organization is already over it. they say: "The problem was addressed during the game and we did not have further problems in the second half. We did not file a formal complaint, nor do we plan to do so."

it's a total non-issue but enjoy beating this dead horse...

The Steelers are saying...

lol. the pittsburgh left guard who was one of the guys who jumped took responsibility for the penalty, he's quoted as saying "That's on us...". with respect, i'm going to listen to him, gm, not you :)

from yahoo: "... the Steelers knew the Patriots used this tactic from watching film, committed a false start penalty on the sequence anyhow, and then complained about it afterwards."

yep.

alasdair

i love that you're going to go grey at an early age because of it :)

this is amusing:

alasdair

i really feel like the Bills' goal in that game next week is going to be to just fuck up Brady. they probably won't even care about winning, just destroying.

i love that you're going to go grey at an early age because of it :)

this is amusing:

alasdair
I'm am less piss off they didn't man up and more concerned someone still had a clean tackle on gronk 7 out and missed. Perhaps it's the defensive mind set I have but I could count on two fingers how many tackles like that I personally missed in my life. And I was usually 30kg out matched.

Steelers offense looked solid, even if Big Ben is too lumber some to take advantage of opportunities to stroll into the endzone on at least 2 occasions

The miscommunication on the field for the Steelers' D was terrible last night. If you don't have a spy on Gronk at all times you're doing it very, very wrong. He should NEVER be that wide open.

It's hard enough to contain him even you you have one man on him. That pass over the top of two defenders for his second to was all class from Brady though. Unfortunately for the bills that will be the difference this season by having an average quarterback.

a couple of simple mistakes not made and that's a totally different result. scobee missed two field goals from 46 and 44. hardly chip shots but when you're being paid over $3,000,000 a year to do that, you should probably not miss those.

then there was heyward-bey's out of bounds in the end zone. he's getting over $800,000 a year to not do that.

that's 12 points right there.

alasdair

Agreed Ali. I actually feel more confident about the steelers season. The game wasn't as close as the score line suggest though, but fixing the secondary is far easier than watching your o line crumple all night

It's hard enough to contain him even you you have one man on him. That pass over the top of two defenders for his second to was all class from Brady though. Unfortunately for the bills that will be the difference this season by having an average quarterback.

lol I love how people keep saying Tyrod Taylor is average. He's had like 37 passes in the NFL and sat behind a Super bowl winning QB for 4 years. Nobody knows what's he's going to be yet. He certainly wasn't sitting behind Joe Flacco because he sucks, no more than Aaron Rodgers was sitting behind Favre because he sucked.

I'm really in no position to comment considering the cocktail of drugs that fueled my teams super bowls in the 70's.

I guess I'd be more pissed if the steelers had lost so many Super Bowls though