• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants The 2-FA Mega Thread

phatass

Bluelighter
I think 2-FA definately deserves a megathread... since the 3 and 4 FA's have one....lol...

Mod edit - snipped the next bit of the OP due to inaccuracy.

NSFW:

anyway, this chemichal is very similar to 4-FA ( have not tried 3-FA) but imagine it's quite similar. It's a cathicone somewhat similar to the slightly more popular mephedrone, but less fiendish and without such a mean come-down.

180px-2-Fluoroamphetamine.png

2-fluoroamphetamine is a stimulant amphetamine that is closest in structure to other stimulants like Dexamphetamine, Adderall, and 4-fluoroamphetamine. It has been touted as an excellent "study drug" and is normally used in dosages from 10 to 200mg. It produces effects similar to that of other stimulants, including the cathinone family i.e. 2-fma.

Personally a dose of 250mg of 2-FA had me pretty wired for 3-4 hours , and it was more euphoric than plain amphetamine but no where near as much so as euphoric as cocaine or MDMA allthough after doing a gram of 2-FA throughout the day i felt like i had done some MDMA and was on the "plateau"

Was mostly looking for info: Having tried 4-FA long time ago at 150-200 mg per doses and really enjoyed the euphoric dopamine mechanism that is released ime at the same time as the serotonin reuptake giving me a stimulating and empathogen effects, which I enjoyed, my experience with this one had a good ecstasy like effects while also have a good Ritalin or Adderall instant release of dopamine and reuptake, ;)

8:00am feel focused and more clear headed a functional stimulant ime like extended release Ritalin at high doses of 100mg minimum when you plug it.... Dopamine reuptake and release can cause a strong mood lift: My experience is not objective because I have been on drugs since 24 hours and this makes my experience different from times when I was not under the influence of benzodiazepines' such as valium, xanax, Loprazolam, ethyl loflazepate, 5-MEO-DMT, and psychedelic dissociatives such as (mxe and 3-MEO-PCP this case) taking 100mg magnesium every 5 hours or so, and puffing on synthetic cannabinoid's (ab-fubinaca and THJ-018, I believe that I have built up a rapidly growing tolerance, having been smoking these among other synthetic cannabis products in the past.

I have recently researched on 2-FA, both oral and plugged, but I had not taken drugs �� prior or far less than in this case.

Thanks for the precisions, as I often binge and or try tom find a good synergy between the various drugs and medication prescribed by the doctor, so psychotropic and psycho active substances!

2-FA is an amphetamin analogue, as opposed to 4-MMC which was indeed far more fiendish as you say.

I need some rest, will try to keep adding additional information regarding this molecule.

please add allo your info on 2-FA

(hope this is well placed)

Last edited:
I am going to be trying 2-FA soon it looks like so I would also be interested to hear others experiences with this one. I have been experimenting with 4-FA and have been impressed with how clear headed it leaves the user although it doesn't compare to the euphoria of
4-mmc/methylone/MDMA.

I mean no disrespect to the poster of this thread. I am just I am wondering if there has been a simple mix up of chemical names if maybe this could be cleared up to avoid false identification and overdosing? 2-FA (2-FluroAmphetamine or IUPAC Name: (RS)-1-(2-Flurophenyl)propan-2-amine) isn't a cathinone in structure. It doesn't have a ketone group and is rather an amphetamine in structure. (Anyone interested can have a look at acetone on wikipedia which is the simplest ketone molocule. You can also then look at bk-MDMA (methylone) and compare to normal MDMA to see the difference between a cathinone and an amphetamine structure.

The poster reports taking 250mg this seems very high judging by other reports on 2-FA for example here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=500726. So I am wondering if maybe the substance reported here taken at 250mg is possibly another cathinone substance (such as 4-FMC, 4-MMC or similar) which could account for the much higher dosage and possibly shorter duration. Another possibility could be a cut (impure) 2-FA compound. Then again the poster could be taking relatively pure 2-FA @ 250mg. All I want to raise it that others have said 20-50mg is quite a decent dosage for them so please be careful if anyone is unfamiliar with this compound please work your way up gradually.

I've got my hands on a g of 2-FA from a reputable online vendor who've always sold good 4-FA. I'm personally not aware of any other vendors selling this stuff at the moment. If you've got 2-FA from the same batch as I, then you'll smell it a mile off! Seriously, I picked up the envelope and was nearly gasping for air before I even opened it! How it got through customs is beyond me...

I'll sample it next week as I'm currently assaying MDPPP (much smoother, easier to dose, and not anxiogenic like MDPV) and I don't want the experience sullied.

Edit: Without going into synth discussion, is there anybody out there who could make an informed guess as to the impurities that may be present? The more I think about that smell the more put off am by it.

Last edited:
Edit: Without going into synth discussion, is there anybody out there who could make an informed guess as to the impurities that may be present? The more I think about that smell the more put off am by it.

That depends on the manner in which it was synthesized. The most likely impurities may include 2-fluorophenylacetone, 2-fluoro-norephedrine, or possibly 2-fluoro-(halo-norephedrine).

Bump. I've done quite a lot of this stuff in the past 10 days (I can write more if requested). Does anybody have any clue about the potential of neurotoxicity of this chemical? Does anybody know if this more or less neurotoxic than regular amphetamine?

I think 2-fa is apparently a much better dopamine releaser than even methamphetamine at comparable doses, but I could be remembering that wrong. Dosage is comparable to amphetamine and friends, 250mg is a huge dosage.

Synth impurities (heh, precursors) are probably fluorobenzaldehyde, fluorophenyl-2-nitropropene, fluorophenyl-2-propanone. All of them would be expected to be stinky. I don't think it's made via reduction of the norephedrine.

Yeah, don't take 250 mg in one session! I once took 100 mgs and redosed 2 x 50 within one hour, this was clearly too much (so the OP's dosage is definitely not recommended). I enjoy 80 mgs orally very much, it's almost undistinguishable from normal amphetamine like adderall and the comedown is much more controllable, there's also no nasty speed hangover the next day. Snorting hurts but works fine as well (however, every time I'm snorting good speed I get kinda nervous and might fall into a bad mood, but I think that's just me).
2-FA is a very serious candidate for me to replace the shitty street speed I get here. Just need to know more about potential neurotoxicity, so all you hobby chemicists, make me feel better by telling me that this stuff is not more harmful than d-amph. ;-)!

@sekio: I think in order to get a similar high to amphetamine the same amount is not enough. 30 mgs of Adderall make me VERY fucked up and euphoric, while 30 mgs of 2-FA are nice, but not very intense. I think you need around twice as much in order to get where you want to get with amp.

I'm really surprised that there is not more interest in this, given that it's actually the only full-blown legal amphetamine substitute I'm aware of (pardon my enthusiasm, I'm not affiliated with any vendor, I just think it's a very nice stimulant that deserves to be more popular). Compared to this, MPA is completely shite. Also, the price is very reasonable give the low dosage required. Anyway, hopefully more vendors are going to stock that stuff soon. :)

I've given my 2-FA a few tries now, and I must say I'm impressed. There's actually more euphoria than I was expecting after what some folk have been saying. The largest amount I've had (probably around 40-50 mg rectal, didn't have scales with me at the time) was pretty euphoric. The only fault I can give it is that it doesn't last long enough, with around an hour peak when taken orally, sub-lingual and rectal routes are a fair bit stronger and peak for around 45 minutes to an hour depending on dose. Redoses work much better than with 4-FA though. A single redose of the same quantity when I can feel the peak starting to wear off will bring me back to nearly the same peak. I've only redosed more than once on one occasion and that third dose just prolonged the level I was at when I dosed, which despite being post-peak from the second dose, was still good. The comedown is really easy from 2-FA for a pure stimulant with such a short peak.

In many ways it's like the stimulant MPA is trying to be. But 2-FA feels much more "natural" and doesn't make me feel dirty or smelly like MPA. There's more euphoria too. The only thing MPA has over 2-FA is a longer peak time, but this really isn't enough to ever choose MPA over 2-FA, which can you can maintain a nice level of stimulation with by dabbing.

Also, the smell has faded considerably, hence me actually feeling comfortable enough to dab it and stick it straight in my mouth. I might even consider trying it up my nose at some point despite not being a fan of intranasal administration. It seems just seems like it might provide a pleasant rush. The ~40-50 mg rectal dose definately felt a bit rushy though.

I'm really surprised that there is not more interest in this, given that it's actually the only full-blown legal amphetamine substitute I'm aware of...

Unless you're in the UK. All halogenated amphetamines are class A due to the halogens (other than fluorine} just making them hideously neurotoxic.

mrgl sent PM'd me asking about neurotoxicity of the halogenated amphetamines and of 2-FA. I guess the response would fit well here and it would be open to correction etc. Of course we can only speculate on the toxicity of this compound until more data and research is available.

I'm no expert on Chemistry myself (my area is Physics) but what I do know is that most halgenated amphetamines cause serious drops in serotonin levels for a long period after use (a sure sign of neurotoxicity), and that this effect isn't seen in 4-FA. I cannot comment with certainty on 2-FA as I've not seen any studies on it myself. But from my own research, it has no serotonergic (or very low serotonergic) activity itself and even with repeated use shows no signs of serotonin depletion in the days following. Even 4-FA gives me a serotonin dip a few days later if I use too much or use it on consecutive days, although this effect is mild at best unlike overdoing it with MDMA or 4-MMC.

If it is neurotoxic, I suspect it will be in classic amphetamine way as opposed to the non-MAOB, some-other-serious-free-radical way of the other halogenated amphetamines. I'd put my my money on it being due to halogenated versions of alpha-methyldopamine if I were a betting man (one of the main neurotoxins common to your usual amphetamines). I've read somewhere that 4-fluoro-alpha-methyldopamine may be less neurotoxic than a-methyldopamine, which may explain the lack of negative after affects from 4-FA.QUOTE]

I think 2-FA definately deserves a megathread... since the 3 and 4 FA's have one....lol...

anyway, this chemichal is very similar to 4-FA ( have not tried 3-FA) but imagine it's quite similar. It's a cathicone somewhat similar to the slightly more popular mephedrone, but less fiendish and without such a mean come-down.

Personnally a dose of 250mg of 2-FA had me pretty wired for 3-4 hours , and it was more euphoric than plain amphetamine but no where near as much so as euphoric as cocaine or MDMA allthough after doing a gram of 2-FA throughout the day i felt like i had done some MDMA and was on the "plateau"

please add allo your info on 2-FA

(hope this is well placed)

In terms of structure I'm not sure it's either?

Sorry to be petty, but it is the first post in a mega-thread...

I experimented with 20mgs 2-FA the other day, dosed orally, at the start of a 6 AM morning shift.

I'm male, 1.94 mtrs, 120 kgs. No tolerance with stims, but did some psychedelics a couple of days earlier.

There was no euphoria, no jitters, no overt stimulation at all.

There was however clarity of mind, attentiveness and alertness, a natural physical wellbeing, no appetite but also no problems eating.

Even after a whole day i had trouble sleeping around 23:00 hours. I did fall asleep though and couldn't sense any negative physical or mental issues the next day.

When the opportunity presents itself i'll try 10 mgs. If that amount is enough to affect me until early evening, it'll be a perfect compound for me for regular, non-recreational use, when necessary.

The only thing that has not been clarified is toxicity, and i'm wary of issues regarding hepatoxicity.

So i'm quite keen on further research on 2-FA.

As far as I know amphetamine is not metabolized at the 2' position nor are fluoroamphetamines directly hepatoxic...

First of all, thanks for your detailed response Poodles.

Ephrem, 20mg kept you up the whole day? Holy shit, this stuff is obviously more potent than I thought. I took 200 mgs once (stupid idea, don't do it!) and while this was clearly an overdose, I still was able to sleep after around 20 hours. For me, the perfect recreational dose (with a really nice speedy euphoria) is around 60 - 70 mgs; 20 mgs would be fine for functional purposes, as you stated.

I experimented with 20mgs 2-FA the other day, dosed orally, at the start of a 6 AM morning shift.

I'm male, 1.94 mtrs, 120 kgs. No tolerance with stims, but did some psychedelics a couple of days earlier.

There was no euphoria, no jitters, no overt stimulation at all.

There was however clarity of mind, attentiveness and alertness, a natural physical wellbeing, no appetite but also no problems eating.

Even after a whole day i had trouble sleeping around 23:00 hours. I did fall asleep though and couldn't sense any negative physical or mental issues the next day.

When the opportunity presents itself i'll try 10 mgs. If that amount is enough to affect me until early evening, it'll be a perfect compound for me for regular, non-recreational use, when necessary.

The only thing that has not been clarified is toxicity, and i'm wary of issues regarding hepatoxicity.

So i'm quite keen on further research on 2-FA.

Well mrgl, without tolerance and with a low threshold for many things 20mgs was enough to keep fatigue at bay.

A few weeks earlier i did 50mgs, again at the start of an early shift, and this dose did have some euphoria and shivers.

This saturday morning i'll dose 10 mgs, and report back.

Again, i'm only looking for a stimulant that's functional and clearheaded, and so far 2-FA does not disappoint :)

Okay, same story today:

Dosed 10mg at 5:30 AM. First alerts 30 minutes later.

If i compare this dose to an undosed early shift there was a clear difference: i am not tired, or drowsy.

There were hints of a rush, and heart rate is slightly elevated but otherwise i feel normal and awake.

I always have trouble sleeping if i have to get up as early as this, and last night was not different.

It's past noon now and i'm starting to feel a little tired, so i don't think this dose will see me through until the evening, but that's allright.

So as a functional stim 2-FA is the right one for me. The response curve is linear and easy to predict, and at low doses there are no obvious signs of usage.

thumbs up!