• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants The 2-FA Mega Thread

I mean no disrespect to the poster of this thread. I am just I am wondering if there has been a simple mix up of chemical names if maybe this could be cleared up to avoid false identification and overdosing? 2-FA (2-FluroAmphetamine or IUPAC Name: (RS)-1-(2-Flurophenyl)propan-2-amine) isn't a cathinone in structure. It doesn't have a ketone group and is rather an amphetamine in structure. (Anyone interested can have a look at acetone on wikipedia which is the simplest ketone molocule. You can also then look at bk-MDMA (methylone) and compare to normal MDMA to see the difference between a cathinone and an amphetamine structure.

The poster reports taking 250mg this seems very high judging by other reports on 2-FA for example here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=500726. So I am wondering if maybe the substance reported here taken at 250mg is possibly another cathinone substance (such as 4-FMC, 4-MMC or similar) which could account for the much higher dosage and possibly shorter duration. Another possibility could be a cut (impure) 2-FA compound. Then again the poster could be taking relatively pure 2-FA @ 250mg. All I want to raise it that others have said 20-50mg is quite a decent dosage for them so please be careful if anyone is unfamiliar with this compound please work your way up gradually.

I can tell you with certainty I've seen test subject make the same remark as OP after a 250mg dose. It's not much different than at 200mg, but much more enjoyable it seems than 50mg. And it's a batch of 99.7% pure 2-FA. Also, research subjects have taken it, under supervision, every morning before breakfast for over 7 days then abruptly stopped. No side effects were seen or noted except 1. That first night after not dosing in the morning they all slept for 11 hours on average. But then woke up feeling alert and totally functional. We'll have to wait for blood and urine screens to come in, but I have a feeling 2-FA has very little serotonin toxicity even after multiple use, which directly contradicts several posts about it. More research needs to be completed but at this time the results of this test came back with positive remarks about this chemical, it's affects and side affect.

One more thing to note: all test subjects had prior familiarity with RX based amphetamines (adderall, vyvanse, ritalin) but had not used any sort of stimulant for at least 2 years prior to research and were all in good health and off any med, even OTC. The all reported that 2-FA felt very similar to adderall mixed with vyvanse but had more euphoria on onset (15 minutes on average, taken orally) and a much calmer focused feeling that would last well past 6 hours.

Just wanted to share as the test was recently completed and the results were against my hypothesis.

Last edited:
Meh. That's all I can say about 2-fa.

It disappointed me. Just did 50 mg intramuscularly then (almost right after injecting) I decided to do additional 100 mg because I wasn't satisfied, moreover I doubt I feel anything unusual. Injection was a bit painful but pain disappeared after I finished (I guess near 30-60 seconds later). Didn't feel any rush except I wanted to cough like I always want after I inject stimulants/empathogens. Except of this there ALMOST were no any noticeable stimulation, jitteriness or mood lifting. Only I started feel cold.

Need to add that for now I'm using 3-fp for last ~48 hours (last night I slept if anyone is interested). So my problem maybe is just tolerance... but even if I will do now (I will do for sure ;)) my regular starting dose of 3-fp (which is 50mg; yeah, after some time I usually raise dose to 80-110 mg, not higher, but I planning to sleep this night too) I am one hundred percent sure I will definitely feel more than from 100 mg of 2-fa and definitely noticeable feelings from 3-fp will last at least for hour or even two (even after two days binge). And 3-fp is already used to be considered as weak stimulant with functional profile. But seems like that 2-fa even weaker. As for me 2-fma was more enjoyable and has better functional potential than 2-fa (but still from those three I prefer 3-fp). And since they all have almost the same price I doubt I will ever order 2-fa again. 2-fma too btw, it didn't impressed me too.

Anyway, I'll try to leave 2-fa for a time when I will not be on stim binge. Maybe it will be felt better. For now I think that I wasted 1.5 hour and I should just continue use 3-fp (or do a small dose of mdpv, but glad I didn't - mdpv is a devil :D and I absolutely need to be tomorrow at work and I need to sleep this night at least for few hours what I obviously I will not be able to do because every time I thought "I will do mdpv once or two and will go to sleep" ended in 2-3-4-day binges without sleep, without sanity, without any sense...).

I will write later when (if) I will change my mind about this chem.

ps: one good side of 2-fa that I am not yawning anymore (last night I slept only for 5-6 hours) so obviously there ARE some stimulation. And actually while I was writing this message usual positive stim effects became more noticeable but still they are very weak (at least as for 150 mg intramuscular dose during one hour; after fast reading of this thread I was sure I will be satisfied with 50 mg and will not try higher dose but no :( and I don't think it will be a good idea to try higher dose - mb 150 mg or even 200 mg - it sounds like possible mistake, not fatal but still not a good idea).

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have received a new batch from my preferred supplier (has always been top notch before) and instead of plain white crystals I got grey / blue-ish ones.

Anyone has already seen something like it ?

Thanks

Hello, since I haven't seen an answer to this one on the Web, I'll ask you guys. Since i'm on paroxetine 40mg daily, is there a risk of serotonin syndrome with 2-fa, while on it?

Hello, since I haven't seen an answer to this one on the Web, I'll ask you guys. Since i'm on paroxetine 40mg daily, is there a risk of serotonin syndrome with 2-fa, while on it?
There shouldn't be a risk. 2-fa has minimal affinity for SERT compared to 4-fa or mdma. But even regular amphetamine releases some serotonin... So if you haven't had experience with an amphetamine before, it's always better to start slowly and see how you react.

It definitely increases the risk of serotonin syndrome, but that doesn't mean doctors don't prescribe adderall and SSRIs concurrently all the time, or countless other combinations that are believed to increase the risk of SS. You'll likely be fine, but the danger (however rare) exists. It's a chance people who take SSRIs take with a lot of recreational drugs.

Yeah you're right. LD50 for 2-FA in rats is 100mg/kg, roughly twice that of amphetamine at 55mg/kg. Also the wikipedia article does confirm it has analgesic effects.

Ya know this might have potential as a prescription drug, it could potentially help a lot of people. ETA: not finding much on pubmed. Lots of focus on 4-FA, not so much on 2-FA. And lots of negative "drugs are bad mkay" kind of stuff, as opposed to good old-fashioned scientific curiosity

Not likely to become prescription unless a patented formulation is developed, like with Vyvanse or the newer testosterone creams that got the companies exclusivity for a good period.

Unfortunately, "legacy" drugs that are often better (afawk) get sidelined, then Parma complains about research costs. Generics make money, and the first legacy "generic" in the US is given some protection from competition, plus if they're smart and spy on their competition they'll know they're the only ones developing the compound and thus have a bit of a head start on filling for approval.

I was quite disappointed with 2fa, it had too many negative cardiovascular effects (increased heart rate/blood pressure) for the high it gave. Granted, the quick half life is neat, but so is caffeine's, and honestly I'd prefer caffeine.

Microdosing tweak is much better for both recreational and productivity.

Having only done ephedra, 4fa, 2fa, 2fma, adderall and tweak, I would rank em the following:

Productivity:
#1 2fma (long half-life, be careful)
#2 tweak

Recreational:
#1 tweak

For me, it's the best halogenated amph, even perhaps superior to regular amph.
Very functionnal, not many euphoria, focus, etc.
4FA would be better if redose wasn't useless.
Personnaly I never liked 2fma. I had 10g of it, I almost don't remember what hapened, dosed as if it was nothing, not a stuff Ill buy anymore.

Last edited:
I've been lately researching 2-fa and I would say is the kindest stimulant I ever had. The easiest comedowns by far. Very functional with minimum side effects and anxiety.

First time I took a small unknown dose and it was the first time in ages I managed not to redose a stimulant. I was really impressed with the peaceaful and chatty stimulation, and I slept with no problems (very unsual in me).

Second time I used as an evasion and this time I got into a binge redosing several times for 12 hours. Trying in the end insufflating it. While it was no painful this ROA prove itself less effective. After all night I stopped in the morning and was able to be productive for quite a few hours more without the stuff.
I normally get all kinds of physical pains and a psychological comedown after a binge but didn't notice much with 2-fa.
One problem I see is the difficulty to downregulate when you don't get any side effects. With other stimulants it gets to one point where the body starts complaining.

This one got my interest in other halogenated amphetamines.

I think 2-FA is more euphoric than an equivalent dose of 2-FMA but it didn't seem as focused. Even at 15mg I felt a bit distracted. Actually I think 2-FA seemed less focused than 2-FMA, amphetamine, or N-methylamphetamine. There was actually little in the way of comedown with 2-FA which was nice, but I'll have to see how it does in future trials.

What ever you do don't snort this shit or you will be up all night getting chased by shadow people.

I have tried 2-FMA and 2-FA quite a number of times. 2-FMA is a great functional stimulant, slightly euphoric, a lot of energy and focus. It's impossible to push the euphoria past a mild point though, increasing the dose just increases the side effects. 2-FA, though, seemed so light as to be almost not even a stimulant to me. It was weird. I went through a whole gram in one night and never really got a whole lot from it. I got it from a very reliable source. It seemed almost transparent. MUCH lighter on the body than amphetamine or 2-FMA, but it seemed far weaker, too.

2-FA, though, seemed so light as to be almost not even a stimulant to me. It was weird. I went through a whole gram in one night and never really got a whole lot from it. I got it from a very reliable source. It seemed almost transparent. MUCH lighter on the body than amphetamine or 2-FMA, but it seemed far weaker, too.

That reminds me of 3-FPM. I ate, sniffed, and plugged my way through a gram one night and never got more than a pleasant stimulation.