• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants The 2-FA Mega Thread

Aight, so I got a 100mg sample (for a friend) on the way. He works construction, anywhere from 40-60hrs a week. He generally take 1-3 10/325 HC a day, not to get a buzz, simply as a near-necessity due to occupational conditions. While he usually has enough HC to get through the month, sometimes he runs out and must then buy something. Seems 2-FA might be more cost effective. He is looking for something to help make his work day a bit easy, but specifically he doesn't wanna "show", even if that means minimal euphoria. He has a small/essentially non-existant tolerance; 30mg Adderall has him showing a lil too much, considering he often works jobs at which "tweaking" is impossible. He's gonna try this on a day off just in case, but could someone perhaps guess at a starting dose? I assume he would prefer oral dosing. I initially suggested 50mg, but might it be worthwile to start at about 25mg oral? I hear this is really clean, and small amounts provide something more akin to a moodlift, which sounds great for what he wants. But would it provide adequate stimulation (w/o be "twacked") for a work aid at smaller doses (20-25mg). How long does the stimulation lasts? Not concerned much bout length of "rush" or "euphoria", just wondering if redoses would be necessary for an 8-10hr work day. I have read the thread, and researched elsewhere, got some answers, but a fair bit seem contradictory.

Side note : He HATES stims such as MDPV, Meth, even Coke (other than while partying). He finds Addies to be adequate at round 15mg, but 2-FA would be more cost effective (and more available) given the shitty market where we live.

EDIT : First off, HighestWhenLow, seems like you are knowledgeable on this (and related) chems...Care to chime in? What doses did you find to be most "functional" (yes, I realize the subjectivity here). Any cut-off, meaning where the 2-FA becomes less of an aid and more of a drug? He really ain't looking to get "high" of this, we got access to plenty of things for that purpose. Oh, and what's your tolerance like? He hasn't taken stims in at least a year, and has never really went on a run.

Second, on the change of appearance, I had "off-white, matte powder" 4-FMA, but that was the only time I bought it or any halogenated Amphets, so...I have gotten multiple batches of 3-MMC, Methylone, and 4-MEC, from same vendor, with what I perceived as similar quality/FX, but appearance ranged from fluffy, almost cotton-candy looking batches, shards, "sparkly" microcrystals, to powder of varying consistency. I even had MDPV that ranged from very fine powder to tacky clumps, but potency seemed unchanged. However, I research stims as little as possible given my inclination to lose all self-control, so IDK.

Last edited:
I think 2-FA is a wonderful stimulant, which in the way I use it: as a d-amphethamine replacement on extra fun days. Doesn't give me any negative side / after effects.

But this differs from person to person: (mysterious cautionary tale / question)
I have known a guy who's body doesnt agree with 2-FA and pukes his guts out, and 'feels very weird', he even had the same reaction a year later to a therapeutic dose (10mg) of d-amphetamine, for his ADHD but not to methylphenidate before trying this (which he didn't like, but didn't puke).
Now comes the mind boggling part...
He has often used street amphetamine powder/paste in the past and has no trouble popping huge doses of MDMA.:? The only things I can think of are: a built intolerance over time (perhaps due to frequent use of other substances like cocaine?) or the street amph has more of the l-isomer, which his body tolerates... if this is the case he might try this as a last resort med?

So you can see how I totally didn't expect him to have any issue with a low dose 2-FA let alone 10mg of d-amph.

@jnjapan
Regarding 6-APDB: this is suposedly even more of a releaser agent than MDMA a substance I can only take ocasionally, often resulting in a nasty comedown days after. I don't think it would be a good sustitute.

(I tried it once and fell asleep on a low dose bit mongy feeling, haven't had the urge to explore further, as I've since read reports of side effects including 'brain zaps' I'd rather avoid as I'm familliar with it after quitting Effexor, quite a nasty feeling which persisted for a month or two, which subsided when I started supplementing nootropics, after reading some abstract indicating that acetylcholine plays a part, but perhaps it was just a coincidence and my receptors had finally adjusted enough.)

With 3-MMC I have no hangover the day after when using one starterdose and only one booster dose, I find it similar to Methylone in that regard only Methylone is more serotonergic in action when using moderate dosing I don't experience any hangover and prefer it to MDMA on non dance event occasions where duration isn't much of an issue and find it nice to end a session with a dose of methylone, I find the material I have quite relaxing even. But yes 2-FA is a nice stimulant which gives nice tingling feeling on scalp and light euphoria, but I have seen blood pressure rise quite a bit one time, this person had the veins on the temples/side of head bulging and hard from the pressure, which we found quite alarming.

For a more serotonergic feel 4-FA comes to mind, blissful while still quite functional and not very obvious to others. Fore a more dopaminergic feel pentedrone is my personal favorite. All these I feel have much less of an impact on my brain than strong releasers like MDMA and 6-APDB which I couldn't use as frequent without apparent repercussions like a functional stim like 2-FA, of which after the blood pressure (perhaps also vasoconstriction) incident I don't combine recreational doses with other stims.

Last edited:
I recently acquired a gram of 2-FA and have been using it the last two days to help in writing out a project proposal. I'm very pleasantly surprised by how well this works! I think it's a better study aid than either adderall or ritalin. The first day I used it functionally for the first few hours but after I had finished the work for the day I upped my dose a bit to see if I could get recreational effects. Again, very pleasantly surprised. I've consumed a fair bit of 4-FA at parties the past year and have always been a bit disappointed by it's lack of stimulation, it is a bit too mellow to really dance all night on. 2-FA felt much more stimulating and euphoric in that sense, I think I'd quite like going out on it, I'd imagine it would combine well with a bit of alcohol :D.

Anyone combined 2-FA with 4-FA? I think those two might go really well together, 4-FA for that social, empathetic touch, and 2-FA to make up for the lack of stimulation of 4-FA.

Surprisingly, this has apparently been researched as far back as 1970. It has an LD50 and everything. Does anyone know more about this beyond what I'm seeing on Wikipedia, or maybe have access to scientific articles I don't?

So is there a consensus on dose?

My cat, who loves amphetamines, currently uses methamphetamine in pharmacological oral doses, 5mg to study (he's an over-achiever) and 10mg for fun. I'm thinking he might like 2-FA for studying and I'm thinking about starting him on 20mg. Am I barking up the right tree? Or should he expect the potency to be closer to meth?

Last edited:
It's highly unethical to feed your cat stimulants. Stop doing it. Try reading the BLUA, too.

To people who have tried both, how does this compare to propylhexedrine?

Sorry about that. The one time....

Also it's not really a question of dose, it's a question of potency. Very difficult to assess from reports here due to polypharmacy, multiple doses, multiple routes of administration, variable and unspecified levels of tolerance. I'm assuming it's generally equipotent to amphetamine, and I have a fairly good idea of how much racemic amphetamine I would take relative to dex or meth. I'll do the usual RC thing (ie start with a milligram and work my way up) and see what happens. Any comments on relative potency would be greatly appreciated, and I'll contribute any useful information I find.

To answer my own question, seems to me so far that the relative potency overall is about like any other racemic amphetamine like amphetamine sulfate or Adderall. With the thing being, there's quite a bit less dopamine surge.

There's good news and bad news in there.

If you aren't really looking for the dopamine surge, great. Less abuse potential, less intoxication.

If you are looking for a dopamine surge, however, I could see trouble. The NE effect is definitely there and redosing trying to find the "happy place" could be trouble in terms of heart rate, blood pressure and temperature dysregulation.

Suffice to say, it seems equipotent with other racemic amphetamines in terms of SIDE EFFECTS but is not equipotent in terms of dopaminergic ("high") effects. If you're looking for a high, me I would look elsewhere.

Interesting chemical. Among other things, I wonder if it doesn't have an analgesic effect.

Last edited:
Surprisingly, this has apparently been researched as far back as 1970. It has an LD50 and everything. Does anyone know more about this beyond what I'm seeing on Wikipedia, or maybe have access to scientific articles I don't?

Yeah you're right. LD50 for 2-FA in rats is 100mg/kg, roughly twice that of amphetamine at 55mg/kg. Also the wikipedia article does confirm it has analgesic effects.

Ya know this might have potential as a prescription drug, it could potentially help a lot of people. ETA: not finding much on pubmed. Lots of focus on 4-FA, not so much on 2-FA. And lots of negative "drugs are bad mkay" kind of stuff, as opposed to good old-fashioned scientific curiosity

Last edited:
If you're taking 5mg desoxyn. You should be shooting for more like 60mg 2-fa.

Personally, I think the fluorinated amps provide less actual focus than conventional d-amp... But they more than make up for it in terms of their absolute lack of side effects or come down. If and when a better long term safety profile can be established, I think that 2-fma has a future as the "next gen" vyvanse.

It's long lasting, smooth, has no come down, and isn't remotely recreational.

Last edited:
Thought Id quickly write up my experiences with it just before new years.

Took it the first time a cpl weeks before new year. Fucking loved the smooth effects and barely noticeable comedown. To me its almost identical in effects to good amphetamine without the shitty side effects. 20mgs or so in a few dabs then a few more redoses into the evening.

Second time wasnt so pleasant...and caused me to do one of my 'swearing myself off drugs' dumping out everything into the toilet :(.

So feeling more confident and foolhardly in hindsight- next time was friday before NYE. I ended up going out to one bar on NYE and when they refused entry for being full I just gave up and went home. I began on 50mg this time which gave a great push on the comeup. Lovely. Since it was early afternoon I cracked into a drinking session as you do on stims and kept redosing thru into the evening till I went out about 12. I prob did about 200 mgs in all.

Thing is this dosing wasnt THAT much higher than the first time but the difference was that I was really caning the alcohol. I had half a bottle of wine in still but quickly finished and feeling overconfident I thought it was time to get something more meaty/cost effective so I went to the shop and bought a bottle of rum and coke.

This, or rather my lack of restraint consuming it, proved to be a bad idea since about only an hour or two after I was through about half the bottle.

Around this time the 2-fa started wearing off and due to the increased tolerance diminishing I suddenly began getting a banging headache and feeling severe dehydration and even some shakes. I was really freezing and had turned my heating up but was still freezing. I also was beginning to get strong boughts of nausea tho I didnt chug. My brain also suddenly was in dysphoria like it felt Id hit the gas too hard and blown out my dopamine. So starting to feel a bit worried I began downing water furiously which seemed to subside the nausea and general bad feelings. So I drank furiously for around an hour or more probably amassing around 4-5 litres of water. I had a 1 liter bottle and just kept filling it and drinking it till empty in a matter of minutes.

The nausea passed but the following 3 days I had an awful comedown. I could most describe it to a mephedrone comedown in terms of the negative effects- lethargy and insomnia for 3 days. At the end of the first day I was strung out and swearing myself off drugs and so threw out my remaining supply of etizolam and also zopiclone which I received from the doctors resolving that I must now live a clean life and never use drugs again. Man I so fucking hated that decision come the 2nd/3rd nights into my insomnia :(. I finally got sleep on the 3rd with some promethazine.

After the 1st day I was falsely attributing the lethargy and zombified state to the etizolam I took one or two to sleep on the 1st night but when it carried on for days after I realized it must have been cos I blew out my dopamine. I was even refusing to take l tyrosine supplements thinking they were still 'not natural' until I could eventually bear the suffering no longer and so began downing the tyrosine. Within 20 minutes this had given immediate relief (tho wore off within an hour or so making me redose again) thus also indicating Id blown out my dopamine.

Oh yes I also forgot to mention that both times induced characteristic epic stimulant wanking sessions. I hate these as they feel good at the time but I feel like a total idiot having wasted 4+ hours of my time when Im suddenly not high any more and Im laying on the floor of my room naked in a pool of my own sweat and my dick in my hand. Anyone know how to avoid these? Im thinking either adding in some serotonin to the mix or maybe weed- I have a dull recollection that weed would curb these urges on coke whilst giving a fantastic wrapped in cotton wool type high which synergised with the coke. I know that downers will stop it as I took etizolam to finally stop myself one night but still that also kills the high so Id like a way to enjoy the high while still high while preventing the wanking impulsivity. Im thinking giving the synthetic cannabinoids a go in such a case.

----

Now in hindsight and having got over my ordeal I am wary of this but still recall the high as being so smooth and excellent and the first time that it was very easy on the body. If it necessarily caused such comedowns Id steer well clear but Im interested to hear from others at lower doses if this can be avoided. Im thinking it could tho would like to hear other's opinions before I take another go at it- as well as advise on how I'd prevent a repeat of the above. I think just dosing lower and not drinking so much- maybe adding something else in (ie cannabinoid) to keep me on a more even keel.

"Blown out my dopamine" is nonsensical gibberish from a neurological standpoint, can't you leave the speculation on neurochemistry to those who have some kind of grasp on the subject, even a basic one, rather than spout your pseudo-scientific idiotic bullshit? Sick of people on this forum learning what the words "dopamine" and "serotonin" mean and then assuming they have a detailed grasp on the brain mechanisms that drugs work on and then spouting their stupid nonsense speculation in an attempt to sound intelligent.

Why don't you correct him instead of just saying he's wrong? Like actually provide useful information instead of complaining? I'd like to learn what's wrong with what he said.

I'm finding 3-MMC substitutions.
How about 2-FA + 6-APDB combo?
Did anyone try this combo?
I know this was posted over two months ago, but having tried that combo I can tell you that it feels nothing like a substituted cathinone. Great combo though, very euphoric and psychedelic. The 2-fa helps get you moving without causing huge spikes in your vitals or overstimulating, but then again I find 6-apdb pretty sedating, as is usually the case with me with these MDA analogues.

All the farting ruins the fun.

Or perhaps that was the 4-FA. Hm.. Rio - please speculate for us?

So, what's the latest on 2-FA?

I'm interested in self-treatment for ADHD-like symptoms. I'm diagnosed with ADHD but it would be a lot of hassle to get a prescription for Adderal or similar amphetamine because of an a-hole psychiatrist. Methylphenidate only makes me manic, and I don't think I could get a prescription anyway.

So I'm thinking about a low dose 2-FA course, 10-20 mg split during the day, for 2 months to evaluate if it helps. It is very hard to get clean speed around here, especially with all the RCs being used for cutting.

Any consensus on long term side effects, 5HT2b agonism, toxicity, metabolism?

So, what's the latest on 2-FA?

I'm interested in self-treatment for ADHD-like symptoms. I'm diagnosed with ADHD but it would be a lot of hassle to get a prescription for Adderal or similar amphetamine because of an a-hole psychiatrist. Methylphenidate only makes me manic, and I don't think I could get a prescription anyway.

So I'm thinking about a low dose 2-FA course, 10-20 mg split during the day, for 2 months to evaluate if it helps. It is very hard to get clean speed around here, especially with all the RCs being used for cutting.

Any consensus on long term side effects, 5HT2b agonism, toxicity, metabolism?

Most seem to agree 2fa and 2fma are solid chems. I only have minor experience with 2FA, but I was using 2FMA almost daily for about a year. 2FA was a lot more like amphetamine to me, more speed-like, and when snorted it burned like crazy.

2FMA was one of the most functional stimulants I had ever tried. There is a ceiling you hit around 200MG, but an oral dose for studying, working (especially physical work) etc will make you kind for the day. Almost zero hang over, and the entire year I abused the shit out of 2FMA I had no noticeable health or mental problems, and a recent physical+bloodwork came back normal.

2FMA has almost no euphoria really and if you treat it like speed, you will snort through an entire gram and hardly feel any effects, its super functional only.
2FA on the other hand, gave me a decent amount of euphoria and more "jittery" adderall-like stimulation.

That said, after my bouts with MDPV and aPVP, neither 2FA nor 2FMA really do shit for me. It's like I am immune to them now that I have tasted the juice of the gods.

Other threads on BL suggest the flourine atom does NOT come off the molecule at any time in the body. 2FA burned much more and was way more caustic to my nose. I would assume based on my experience with other similar chems that it may upset the stomach a bit if taken orally, but I did not get a chance to try that ROA. 2FMA burns a little bit, but is hardly caustic to the septum compared to other drugs; an oral dose (unless large dose) gave almost no discomfort in the stomach. Can't comment much else on the safety profile of either, but from reading around the internet they seem alright so far...

Thanks Skeeter. I have taken 2-FA in the past, and I agree it is very similar to amphetamine at least in lower doses. 2-FMA is not available around here.

So I'm mostly interested in thoughts on long term negative effects. There's a panicky warning here on BL about 2-FMA causing heart problems, but the poster didn't seem very reliable for a number of reasons.

I'm also a bit worried about the fenfluramine connection. But indeed it seems that quite a few people have tried what I intend to do without causing themselves any obvious major harm.

I guess I'm not gonna try this one after all. Sketchy signature request from the post office even though neither the vendor nor I asked for it. I'm gonna pass.