• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants The 2-FA Mega Thread

Anyone else get headaches (especially when standing up too quickly) on this stuff? 2-FMA and 4-FA are fine, but for some reason 2-FA makes the back of my head hurt :\

I've had a problem recently with 2-FA. When initially received, it was as many people explained it, lasted 4-6 hours, very functional stimulant akin to smooth dexedrine, very hygroscopic, smelled strongly, and a generally sticky powder. However, it's been a few months now and the batch is now slowly clumping up. The most important feature of this change is the EFFECT it is producing: it is not longer a functional stimulant, but it has now become a a psychedelic amphetamine. Initially, many friends were using it to study and general energy at work with raging success, but now after a few months it is making them trip: significant enhancement of colors, visual patternings, difficulty concentrating/holding a thought, wavering body temperatures, supersensitivity, weird body loads, and the experience is now significantly longer than 4-6 hours, ranging in the 6-10 hour range for many people. The absolute closest comparison it has been made to is DOC and I can agree with that. Has anyone else had this problem?

My most educated guess is that the hygroscopic effect is in some way reacting with the 2-FA to produce some kind of hydroxylated amphetamine (some hydroxylated amphetamines are known to have some psychedelic properties, albeit weak). Another theory is merely degradation to some unknown and undesirable byproduct. Is there any way to alleviate this problem? I exchanged ideas with a fellow chemist and we came to the conclusion that if it degraded into another chemical that happens to have psychedelic properties then that batch is fucked, but if it's merely a result of the hygroscopic nature and the water can be removed to alleviate this, then there may be a way to reverse the problem.

Last edited:
Has anyone else had this problem ?

Yeah, but I attribute it to tolerance and increasing dosages. 2-FA is pretty impotent. If you are relatively intolerant, then chances are that it affects you like a low dose Adderall. If you significantly increase the dosage, there is a slight spike in blood pressure, but a major psychological drift into trance like states. I'm sure it hits other receptors than monoamines (it was also tested as an anesthetic). That is why with increasing doses it has a changing effects profile as you described. But my point could be totally wrong and you'd be right with you assumptions.

Is there any way to alleviate this problem?

Snort less, but more frequently :p

Personally I have experienced other difficulties with this substance. I find it to be very caustic to the stomach (increasing the amount of stomach acid significantly -> heartburns and blown up belly) and nostrils (dry nose even 3 days after a low dose) to a similar degree like Ethylphenidate. Kinda sucks.

Yeah, but I attribute it to tolerance and increasing dosages. 2-FA is pretty impotent. If you are relatively intolerant, then chances are that it affects you like a low dose Adderall. If you significantly increase the dosage, there is a slight spike in blood pressure, but a major psychological drift into trance like states. I'm sure it hits other receptors than monoamines (it was also tested as an anesthetic). That is why with increasing doses it has a changing effects profile as you described. But my point could be totally wrong and you'd be right with you assumptions.

Snort less, but more frequently :p

Personally I have experienced other difficulties with this substance. I find it to be very caustic to the stomach (increasing the amount of stomach acid significantly -> heartburns and blown up belly) and nostrils (dry nose even 3 days after a low dose) to a similar degree like Ethylphenidate. Kinda sucks.

Our dosages have never exceeded 60mg (30mg for a study session) so the dosages were never increased but the effects changed drastically. It was used about twice a week to study at 30mg doses (I usually used 15mg doses separated by two hours). Also, I've never snorted it so that's not a factor.

I'm curious if anyone has ever gotten 2-FA that's a powder rather than a heavy salt-like substance? All the 2-FA I've gotten before was the sparkly salt, while this latest batch is a matte off-white powder. It looks (and tastes) more like 4-FA, actually. There aren't many pics of 2-FA online, and what's there looks like the salt.

Starting to worry it's not 2-FA at all :\

All of the batches I had were always off white with a clumpy texture and it was always plenty potent. 4-fa on the other hand came in a sparkly salt like texture.

There's no way to tell what a chemical is from how it looks alone. Get a test kit..

anyone tried it I.V? if so what doses? and any noticeable rush. or irritation at injection site?

Not sure if I should post this here or in a separate thread... anyway I already have 2-FMA and am completely satisfied by it for the uses I use it. Does 2-FA have any benefits compared to 2-FMA or should I just stick to 2-FMA?

IME 2-fa is noticeably more stimulating compared to 2-fma which I always found to be somewhat mild. Be careful, The Dude Abides posted that his friend developed serious heart problems which required surgery after using 2-fma daily for an extended period of time. If I remember correctly it had something to do with the metabolites that built up in his system over time.

The stimulation from 2-fma is just right for me.... but the possibility of heart problems sucks.. is that present also in 2-fa? Does it only happen with daily use for an extended period of time? ...

The stimulation from 2-fma is just right for me.... but the possibility of heart problems sucks.. is that present also in 2-fa? Does it only happen with daily use for an extended period of time? ...
I too am interested if anyone can speculate any more on this issue?

See below for my experience and commentary on fluorinated amphetamines and then (if you care to read) a longwinded description of my personal relationship with drugs.

I've been bombing ~100mg 2-FMA (sometimes 125mg, sometimes 75mg) each morning right before leaving for work. I began doing this about a month ago as a replacement for Adderall. I had been using ~80mg Adderall mostly snorted.

I love 2-FMA so far. I have yet to redose it and haven't felt compelled to redose at all. I supplement in the afternoon at work with Adderall usually.

A typical day looks like this:
7am - bomb 100mg 2-FMA
12pm - sniff 10mg Adderall
3pm - sniff 10mg Adderall
Night gets much different and will always include a ton of dabbing or smoking the bong (half a gram to a gram?). I also mess with all sorts of other drugs, that's a whole other story.

I've seen many posts about a-PvP. In fact, I've seen a couple people arguing that it is cleaner and less compulsive than the other research stims like 2-FMA. I could not disagree more. A very important case in point is my recent experience with a-PvP. I know there are lots of warnings out there about a-PvP and it's evil cousin MDPV, but I'm going to tell you this anyhow.

I got 2g a-PvP (also 2g meph and 2g MXE) thinking that I'd experiment and try to use it the same way I've been using 2-FMA. Then I read online how vaping is a great ROA for a-PvP so I impulsively tried it right away. This shit is intense. Ultra stimulation but zero ability to focus.

I hold a competitive hedge fund job in Manhattan and had planned to do an important afternoon of work this past Sunday when I pulled out the meth pipe and loaded it with the a-PvP. My plan was to vape a bit then do a ton of work in a stimmed up state.

What proceeded to happen entirely baffled and embarrassed me. I spent the entire day smoking the a-PvP like it was meth. Compulsively hitting the pipe over and over in a crazed state. I was super sped up and sent some over the top messages to people in between hits, but I had no ability to concentrate or do any sort of work. All I could do was keep smoking. I went through way more than I thought I would and even kept hitting it til around 8pm, right before my gf came over.

I then tried my best to fight the crash with huge dabs, but to no avail. My heart was beating uncomfortably fast and I felt what real stimulant withdrawal is like for the very first time. I started reading all this shit online about MDPV and a-PvP ruining peoples' lives and turning them into delusional lunatics. I thought long and hard and decided to flush the bag around 4am while laying in bed trying to get 2 hours of sleep for work. I AM SO HAPPY I DID THAT. I already had insane thoughts of vaping it even after that huge debacle despite it only having happened two days ago.

The weird thing is that I don't even like the feeling (maybe the first 30 second rush from vaping it at the most). I had read this online but had to learn it for myself. This shit is the devil for me and for others too it seems.

I've used the meph very lightly a couple times. Snorted small quantity two separate occasions, redosing a max of once while out partying. I also did an experiment with IV but only small dose. I want to make sure I don't get horribly addicted to meph.

This is getting long-winded so feel free to stop reading whenever, haha.

The more broad issue I'm trying to resolve here is one that is very important to me personally. I am a horrible drug addict. I drank and drugged my way into detoxes and rehabs in my teens and got sober in 2005 when I was 20. Alcohol was by far my worst addiction. I was extremely physically addicted to liquor and needed at least a litre per day just to not shake and get sick. I never had access to heroin, but it may have actually helped me because I was using the corrosive alcohol as if it was heroin. This resulted in me getting acute pancreatitis and eventually resulted in me escaping my misery through some miracle and getting sober.

The concept of sobriety is a tough one for me now. I can see addictive behaviors that emerged after I quit alcohol and drugs. I stayed sober for almost 9 years and gained a ton of success. I killed it at school and landed a competitive hedge fund job in Manhattan. I'm 29 now (27 based on my college graduation year, lost a couple yrs in the midst of addiction) and I expect to make 500k this year, 700k next year, and hopefully 1million the year after that if all goes as planned. I'm not trying to show off, I'm trying to emphasize that I'm in a unique position to cash in on a huge (and lucky) opportunity. I don't want to let my addiction ruin this.

I began using Adderall four months ago. I had used Ritalin without problems my whole life, including in sobriety, so I didn't think it would be a big deal. I felt extremely high pressure to improve my performance at work, this was the motivating factor. Before long I felt entirely dependent on the Adderall, though I never binged through the night or got all crazy over it. I just had to have it. When it dried up, I ordered 500mg of meth online to tide me over. I used the meth and liked it, but was too afraid to go down that road. Luckily I did not try smoking it or IVing it.

Now that I was addicted to drugs again, I figured I should introduce Cannabis. Maybe it would help me use less Adderall, LOL. The reasoning is hilarious, but whatever. I immediately became a pothead and began smoking EVERY SINGLE NIGHT without fail. Soon after, I was taking hits on my vape pen in the morning before work and then also at work. Extremely addictive behavior to weed just like when I was younger, wow. I bought a ton of equipment and now am dabbing off a huge rig at home, vaping from my vape pen, and smoking all the time.

Before long, the weed wasn't that exciting. Also I wanted something more appropriate for partying. I ordered some good coke and tried it. I had very little good effect from snorting it...not sure why...maybe too much weed with it. Then I displayed an extremely worrisome behavior -- at 11pm on a weeknight, I decided to IV 250mg. Wtf? It hit me like a ton of bricks, huge bell ringer, I was electric. Not sure I'd say I loved it though. I haven't ordered more. Remember that I am more of a downers guy.

Then I ordered MDMA, 4-FA, 2-FMA, Ketamine, nitrous chargers, LSD, shrooms, 25i-nbome, 2c-b, and maybe something more I'm forgetting. I began experimenting and decided that I cannot abuse the serotonin dumpers too frequently based on the neuroscience behind it and from what I've read. I only tend to enjoy serotonin dumps if I'm out with a group that is partying hard. For example, I tried a bit of 4-FA before a poker game and it didn't feel like a good fit at all. When I use 4-FA out at a club where people are going hard, it fits. Haven't had the chance to use the psychedelics yet, too busy recently. Experimented with 600ug 25i-nbome in secret while with gf, wasn't too much fun in that setting but I was ok. Same thing with 2c-b but did 20mg of that, very similar experience.

I'm currently trying to figure out how I can use drugs in a way that doesn't ruin my life. Based on my history and the typical pattern of drug addiction, I am probably fucked in the long run. I won't go down without a fight. I'll last as long as I can. Right now I still enjoy my life a lot, but have started to see some very scary trends recently (suddenly I've smoked a-PvP like a crackhead and IVed two drugs dangerously). I never had any experience shooting or smoking anything before, let alone stims.

My current harm reduction strategy is to AVOID ANY DOWNER AT ALL COST. No drinking, benzos, opiates. This makes stimulant binges much tougher because I can't rely on benzos for the come down. I hope this isn't wishful thinking.

I know this was too long and maybe all over the place, but it had to be typed out. I've been wanting to make a big post like this for a while now. I appreciate any feedback, comments, or even feel free to blast me.

I love reading these forums because it shows me there are other TOTALLY INSANE ADDICTS out there who are thoughtful, well spoken, and intelligent.

Thanks for listening and I hope you all succeed in finding your way.

P.S. -- I am heading to Miami tonight for the Ultra music festival. I've packed shitloads of MDMA, meph, LSD, shrooms, Ketamine, 2c-b, cannabis, BHO wax, 4-FA. I haven't decided yet how I'm going to use. My gf will maybe take MDMA once with me on the 4 day trip...so I guess the rest of my drug use will be in secret as usual. Any advice on combinations? Like I'd love to try 100mg MDMA, 100mg 4-FA, 10mg 2c-b. There are countless combo options. Opinions welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
^

i've merged all three of your posts into one. please don't cross post all over the forum as it's against site rules. thanks for your understanding.

Anyone know what it means when a batch of 2-FA is brownish, moist and smells strongly of motor oil/mothballs? It just screams 'impurities' to me, but the vendor swore it was safe. Would leaving it out in the air help the nasty stuff evaporate? If it does have impurities, are they be likely to be toxic? (I know you can't know for sure by my description, but surely someone with more chemistry knowledge could make an educated guess). I've had 2-FMA that smelled similar and turned blue upon exposure to air, but it didn't cause any health problems.

TL;DR - is the smell and off-white color just an aesthetic thing or a dangerous impurity?

Does the smell remind you of cat urine (smell of amines) ? Is the color more towards yellow or is it really brown ?

I had yellow 2-FA once, that had a VERY strong amine-smell. I did not experience any complications. But if your substance is really brown and smells like motor oil (tryptamines often smell like gasoline and are brown), I would not experiment with it before it is analyzed.

Thanks Ziiirp. It is off white with brown chunks scattered throughout and not completely dry. Smells very much like motor oil, not cat pee. Most cathinones smell of cat pee but this is different.

Will hold off on researching until more is known, though I just ingested a small tester dose. Wish I knew more about chemistry and what might be left behind in this particular drug. Could be mercury, lead or arsenic for all I know. :(

Last edited:
My 2-FA has virtually no smell... very very faint citrus perhaps... Very white.

I love that it doesn't drain serotonin like 4-FA. It's a great stim so far... better than MPA.

I also think that a-pvp & MDVP are totally shit.

I've taken 65mg of 2-fa about 80-90 minutes ago. I can feel it working but it's not quite strong enough. Is it really this mellow a storm or would taking another 65mg be an improvement?

I'm experienced with stims.

I also don't like MDPV never had alpha.

^I wouldn't say it's "mellow". It can be just as stimulating as plain old amp but it lacks alot of the euphoria making it an excellent work/study aid.