• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants The 2-FA Mega Thread

Bumping this up to ask more informed members about the issue of neurotoxicity dicussed before. 2-FA is on top of my list as a functional drug for studying, but I would also like to see some further discussion on issues of neurotoxicity. How 2-FA might compare to regular amphetamine on toxicity? I was always wondered what subjective effects could tell on neurotoxicity, when a drug "feels less toxic" (with a good side effects profile) does that weight strongly? of not being damaging to the brain?
Thanks.

Bumping this up to ask more informed members about the issue of neurotoxicity dicussed before. 2-FA is on top of my list as a functional drug for studying, but I would also like to see some further discussion on issues of neurotoxicity. How 2-FA might compare to regular amphetamine on toxicity? I was always wondered what subjective effects could tell on neurotoxicity, when a drug "feels less toxic" (with a good side effects profile) does that weight strongly? of not being damaging to the brain?
Thanks.

I've been wondering this as well, I posted some comments over in another section of the forum, but haven't received any specific details.

I originally posted the following as a new 2-FA Mega Thread before this one was restored from the archive, so some of the info is basic, but it belongs here:

2-FA is a halogenated amphetamine most often compared to 4-FA with less euphoria. I think this has prevented it from being as popular, despite being more useful in the opinion of the people I know who have used both. It seems to be a bit more potent by weight, with a productive 5-6 hour dose of 20 mg oral and a recreational threshold around 40-60 mg. It's my opinion that it has more legitimate use potential than any prescribed amphetamine due to its simplicity of effects.

I've used all the classic amphetamines and all the other popular stims, though I haven't used any other halogenated amphetamines. 2-FA, in my opinion, is probably the simplest, most focused of any of them, caffeine included, with the fewest side effects and after-effects. It's been speculated that 2-FA has very little serotonergic activity, and this is supported by the lack of increased feelings of empathy, lack of pupil dilation, lack of sexual side effects, and lack of feelings of depletion after use ends. The only unpleasant side effect I've experienced is, inevitably, jaw tension and bowel stimulation which, per the intensity of the dose, is less pronounced than that of any classic or psychedelic phenethylamine, and virtually unnoticeable during a small productivity dose.

While 2-FA may not be as recreational in a traditional sense, I find compulsory redosing very tempting (more so than with methamphetamine) due to the lack of cons and, for the most part, redosing 24 hours later is just as effective as redosing 4-6 hours in. I don't find the after-effects during the descent to baseline any worse after a single dose than after 30 hours of dosing. In fact, I don't find the primary effects of considerably higher doses to be much more potent than those of reasonable recreational doses (which I would consider 40-60 mg every 4-5 hours).

I've had two very different 30-hour binges with 2-FA dosage-wise that were nonetheless very similar experiences in the end. The first time, I began with 80 mg intramuscularly which resulted in a surprisingly decent rush. I followed up a couple hours later with 80 mg IV, which disappointingly didn't result in a rush, only a continuation. Neither method resulted in uncomfortable burning or site irritation. I redosed, mostly by IM, every two to four hours and went through 1.4 grams after the 30 hours was over. Around the 30 hour mark, my diction and interpretation of words began suffering and I knew I was approaching psychosis... I took some benzos, felt as though I was merely tired after a long day's work (having regained my diction and reasoning), and was able to sleep around 8 hours after the final dose. I felt fine the next day.

During the second 30-hour binge, I dosed orally exclusively. Again the most pleasure came from that first dose of 80-100 mg, but I was compelled to go onward because there simply wasn't any reason not to. All of my redoses were roughly four hours apart. I had the feeling before beginning that I could go on for three days, if I so desired, without losing my mind since I was keeping my doses more reasonable in size and frequency this time. To my surprise, I began to fall apart mentally around the same 30 hour mark after a total of 500 mg, and ended the night in the same fashion as before. The second binge wasn't any less fun than the first, and I used a third as much drug at a lower BA (I'd expect it's roughly 80% bioavailable orally). I seemed to have hit the practical effects ceiling the first time around.

For those seeking euphoria, the most you'll get is in that first dose, regardless of if it's a large oral dose or a large IV dose. My favorite way of beginning is with an IM dose, followed by oral redoses. Drawing out the experience with large doses after the first or smaller ones (60 mg) doesn't really result in different enough outcomes to justify the increased usage. I'd suggest waiting 4 hours between redoses as well. Don't even bother snorting it. I've snorted everything foul at least once, and while 2-FA doesn't hurt the worst (though worse than any classic amphetamine), it's among the most vile sensations I've experienced as it crept across my membranes. It's no more effective than dosing orally and only marginally faster-acting.

Everyone I know who has used 2-FA still glows when describing it. It's very useful for productivity due to its single-minded focus without any bells and whistles, but is enjoyable enough that repeat recreational dosing is a tempting and viable route.

Regarding toxicity: something can "feel" toxic and indeed be toxic, while something else can feel healthy while being anything but. That said, usually a hangover or short-term mood or memory problems following use are a sign of toxicity, and as best as I can tell by how 2-FA "feels" (and based on speculation regarding the composition of 2-FA and 4-FA compared to more dangerous 4-substituted halogenated amphetamines), it feels cleaner and less harmful than any stimulant I've used including caffeine. Obviously it feels a lot cleaner/safer than classic amphetamine/dextroamphetamine in both its immediate effects and after-effects.

newbie question but is 2-fa safe or worth it to smoke, seems to taste good and alot like real meth but i dont wanna do more than a taste test untill i get a educated answer

I

For those seeking euphoria, the most you'll get is in that first dose, regardless of if it's a large oral dose or a large IV dose. My favorite way of beginning is with an IM dose, followed by oral redoses. Drawing out the experience with large doses after the first or smaller ones (60 mg) doesn't really result in different enough outcomes to justify the increased usage. I'd suggest waiting 4 hours between redoses as well. Don't even bother snorting it. I've snorted everything foul at least once, and while 2-FA doesn't hurt the worst (though worse than any classic amphetamine), it's among the most vile sensations I've experienced as it crept across my membranes. It's no more effective than dosing orally and only marginally faster-acting.

Everyone I know who has used 2-FA still glows when describing it. It's very useful for productivity due to its single-minded focus without any bells and whistles, but is enjoyable enough that repeat recreational dosing is a tempting and viable route.

Regarding toxicity: something can "feel" toxic and indeed be toxic, while something else can feel healthy while being anything but. That said, usually a hangover or short-term mood or memory problems following use are a sign of toxicity, and as best as I can tell by how 2-FA "feels" (and based on speculation regarding the composition of 2-FA and 4-FA compared to more dangerous 4-substituted halogenated amphetamines), it feels cleaner and less harmful than any stimulant I've used including caffeine. Obviously it feels a lot cleaner/safer than classic amphetamine/dextroamphetamine in both its immediate effects and after-effects.
Seeing as there is such little information about this one on the net, I'll also add my experience with it.
As most people already seem to know, it is indeed nothing like 4FA. As said above there is definitely a mood lift, but a minor one. I personally wouldn't binge on it, nor does it really give the urge to(unlike ethylphenidate in my case).
An oral dose of 30mg gave me a clear mindset, I felt motivated to do the tasks I had been neglecting, and it was easy to keep my attention at my current task. There was no bodyload at this dosage, and it lasted about 3 to 4h. No real comedown, just gently tapering down to baseline again.
I would consider this strictly a functional stimulant.

I agree with Aryios about how 'clean' it feels on the body and mind. It's not pushy like most other amphetamines, the sentence bolded in the quote basically said it all.
Insufflation results in a quick onset for me, and furiously grabbing my nose and swearing. It isn't much better then 4FA in that respect.
Looking at the alternative legal functional stims, I would rate this quite high. No comedown, no excessive euphoria, no real urge to redose (in my opinion), a short duration and all the positive effects you'd want from a practical stimulant. Mpa and camfetamine don't hold a candle to it, and I find it more pleasant then methylphenidate and with the shorter duration I think it's more practical then dexamph.

I plugged 50mgs the other day after work. I normally get sleepy after my shift(I wake up at 5am and get home just after 2pm) but after dosing I wasn`t tired at all. I did notice that my hands became very cold for a few hours. I didn`t really get "high" per say but it still felt nice. Very subtle. I plan on taking a oral dose next time and see how that compares to rectal.

Is this stuff as 'moreish' as other RC stims have been?

MDPV, for example.

Last edited:
Not at all. One of the most functional stimulants I have ever tried. No euphoria and the comedown in imperceptible. Tried 50 mg IV and no rush there either. Disappointing.

If you were expecting to roll, you might find it disappointing yes.
I find this to be a real gem though. Best there is as far as functional (rc)stims go. Leaves MPA way behind. It get me sociable, it's shortlasting so you don't have to worry about other obligations you might have during the day, redosing is effective, and focus and interest is increased, and no real comedown. I'd say it's brilliant if this is what you are looking for.

Orally 40mg did a good job at getting me focussed and getting together stuff which otherwise would have taken me the entire day. I recommend agains't snorting this, because it's just painful and the effects don't differ much from oral use imo. Can't speak for plugging.
It might be worthwhile saying I have quite a high tolerance for stims.

^^ yeah definately don't snort the FA's, it hurts + its no more effective than oral consumptiion

Tried this on Friday. Built myself up slowly but by the end of it was smashing 100~mg lines, which I found to be about optimum. Started on Friday at about 2, spent about 10 hours on my decks with my mate, then continued through until Saturday night on a half gram of this and then a half gram of 4-fa. Found 2-fa to be nice & chatty/rushy, & I was quite focused.

As has been mentioned, snorting this stuff fucking HURTS. Imagine the equivalent of 2cb pain or even stronger, but you've just worked your way through a gram of the stuff (half of that being the equally painful 4-fa, technically. We had one of each). Thankfully the pain doesn't linger further than a minute or so.

Bombing it maybe seemed more effective and lasted longer, but we couldn't really be arsed as it took about an hour or so to kick in.

How long do other people tend to find this peaks for? Both orally and insufflated?

Last edited:
Not so benign at 200mgs+

Thought Id quickly write up my experiences with it just before new years.

Took it the first time a cpl weeks before new year. Fucking loved the smooth effects and barely noticeable comedown. To me its almost identical in effects to good amphetamine without the shitty side effects. 20mgs or so in a few dabs then a few more redoses into the evening.

Second time wasnt so pleasant...and caused me to do one of my 'swearing myself off drugs' dumping out everything into the toilet :(.

So feeling more confident and foolhardly in hindsight- next time was friday before NYE. I ended up going out to one bar on NYE and when they refused entry for being full I just gave up and went home. I began on 50mg this time which gave a great push on the comeup. Lovely. Since it was early afternoon I cracked into a drinking session as you do on stims and kept redosing thru into the evening till I went out about 12. I prob did about 200 mgs in all.

Thing is this dosing wasnt THAT much higher than the first time but the difference was that I was really caning the alcohol. I had half a bottle of wine in still but quickly finished and feeling overconfident I thought it was time to get something more meaty/cost effective so I went to the shop and bought a bottle of rum and coke.

This, or rather my lack of restraint consuming it, proved to be a bad idea since about only an hour or two after I was through about half the bottle.

Around this time the 2-fa started wearing off and due to the increased tolerance diminishing I suddenly began getting a banging headache and feeling severe dehydration and even some shakes. I was really freezing and had turned my heating up but was still freezing. I also was beginning to get strong boughts of nausea tho I didnt chug. My brain also suddenly was in dysphoria like it felt Id hit the gas too hard and blown out my dopamine. So starting to feel a bit worried I began downing water furiously which seemed to subside the nausea and general bad feelings. So I drank furiously for around an hour or more probably amassing around 4-5 litres of water. I had a 1 liter bottle and just kept filling it and drinking it till empty in a matter of minutes.

The nausea passed but the following 3 days I had an awful comedown. I could most describe it to a mephedrone comedown in terms of the negative effects- lethargy and insomnia for 3 days. At the end of the first day I was strung out and swearing myself off drugs and so threw out my remaining supply of etizolam and also zopiclone which I received from the doctors resolving that I must now live a clean life and never use drugs again. Man I so fucking hated that decision come the 2nd/3rd nights into my insomnia :(. I finally got sleep on the 3rd with some promethazine.

After the 1st day I was falsely attributing the lethargy and zombified state to the etizolam I took one or two to sleep on the 1st night but when it carried on for days after I realized it must have been cos I blew out my dopamine. I was even refusing to take l tyrosine supplements thinking they were still 'not natural' until I could eventually bear the suffering no longer and so began downing the tyrosine. Within 20 minutes this had given immediate relief (tho wore off within an hour or so making me redose again) thus also indicating Id blown out my dopamine.

Oh yes I also forgot to mention that both times induced characteristic epic stimulant wanking sessions. I hate these as they feel good at the time but I feel like a total idiot having wasted 4+ hours of my time when Im suddenly not high any more and Im laying on the floor of my room naked in a pool of my own sweat and my dick in my hand. Anyone know how to avoid these? Im thinking either adding in some serotonin to the mix or maybe weed- I have a dull recollection that weed would curb these urges on coke whilst giving a fantastic wrapped in cotton wool type high which synergised with the coke. I know that downers will stop it as I took etizolam to finally stop myself one night but still that also kills the high so Id like a way to enjoy the high while still high while preventing the wanking impulsivity. Im thinking giving the synthetic cannabinoids a go in such a case.

----

Now in hindsight and having got over my ordeal I am wary of this but still recall the high as being so smooth and excellent and the first time that it was very easy on the body. If it necessarily caused such comedowns Id steer well clear but Im interested to hear from others at lower doses if this can be avoided. Im thinking it could tho would like to hear other's opinions before I take another go at it- as well as advise on how I'd prevent a repeat of the above. I think just dosing lower and not drinking so much- maybe adding something else in (ie cannabinoid) to keep me on a more even keel.

I'll share my experiences as well then. This week I've been studying for my upcoming exams next week, doing about 2 50mg capsules spread over the day. I however feel just fine right now, just as I did like always before. No physical exhaustion, no mental side-effects.

I have done a ridiculous amount of racemic streetamph before this though, and this feels so much cleaner and nicer, I can't even compare. Definitely worth the higher price for me. Even when I took a day off from studying and didn't take anything after 3 days of dosing I still didn't feel any sort of comedown or alteration from baseline. So I guess this just goes to show how different people react differently to a substance. Several of my friends have tried it as well and they were quite impressed as well.
I can't relate to any of the rest.
A new study proves lower levels of dopamine in the brain are responsible for ADHD and ADD symptoms involving inattention, hyperactivity and impulsiveness.
I reckon this is why I am able to tolerate these kind of amphs, 2-FA feels it brings me up to a normal level of functioning, whereas other amphs have the tendency to push me over the edge. By this logic the effects of certain substances should be experienced more intensely by people who's dopamine levels are normal, right? Seems like an obvious deduction but no harm in asking.

Anyway, in short, I have no trouble with those kind of doses, but that might be due to the ADD as well. Best stick to lower doses then because when well treated, this one is a lifesaver (for me).

If it makes any difference, I do take good care of my body at all time. Exercise some, eat healthy, made sure I didn't push my body like I did in my speed-loving time.

Hmm thanks for the heads up.

Yes I was almost about to discount everything you said when you said you were hitting it every day until you said you took a 3 day break and didnt noticed and mood dips. as otherwise it would not be a good test. :)

Ive been doing research and these cannbinoids seem way too strong for me to go with the 'fa, any other recomendations to make it more chilled? I guess Ill just take a lwoer dose in the first lace :D will prob prevent my overexcited states. Its not an issue if Im out and about since the extra energy I just use up productivly but at home i get tempted with masturbation binges. So maybe lower doses and /or just before I go out.

Im still interested in adding some serotonin to the mix- 4-fa seems the logical all rounder for this altho the duration seems a little long on that one I worry about depletion.

I'll share my experiences as well then. This week I've been studying for my upcoming exams next week, doing about 2 50mg capsules spread over the day. I however feel just fine right now, just as I did like always before. No physical exhaustion, no mental side-effects.

I have done a ridiculous amount of racemic streetamph before this though, and this feels so much cleaner and nicer, I can't even compare. Definitely worth the higher price for me. Even when I took a day off from studying and didn't take anything after 3 days of dosing I still didn't feel any sort of comedown or alteration from baseline. So I guess this just goes to show how different people react differently to a substance. Several of my friends have tried it as well and they were quite impressed as well.
I can't relate to any of the rest.

I reckon this is why I am able to tolerate these kind of amphs, 2-FA feels it brings me up to a normal level of functioning, whereas other amphs have the tendency to push me over the edge. By this logic the effects of certain substances should be experienced more intensely by people who's dopamine levels are normal, right? Seems like an obvious deduction but no harm in asking.

Anyway, in short, I have no trouble with those kind of doses, but that might be due to the ADD as well. Best stick to lower doses then because when well treated, this one is a lifesaver (for me).

If it makes any difference, I do take good care of my body at all time. Exercise some, eat healthy, made sure I didn't push my body like I did in my speed-loving time.

Im still interested in adding some serotonin to the mix- 4-fa seems the logical all rounder for this altho the duration seems a little long on that one I worry about depletion.

We were doing both and I don't seem to remember the 4-fa lasting that much longer at all, but I don't remember much really. I'd say an insufflated dose of either tended to peak for a couple of hours, and then I don't remember after that, because we'd just end up smashing another line.

The 4-fa definitely got me more spannered; just seemed like a heightened version of 2-fa really. Certainly a more MDMA like.

I did find it a lot harder to concentrate when talking etc, but then again, I usually struggle with that anyway.

As far as effects go, what is the difference between 2FA and 4FA? I want to try one or the other as a study/alertness aide similar to Adderall but I don't really understand the difference between the two (I understand the structural differences fine).

As far as effects go, what is the difference between 2FA and 4FA? I want to try one or the other as a study/alertness aide similar to Adderall but I don't really understand the difference between the two (I understand the structural differences fine).

well 2fa is the way to go as far as i can tell fomr what ppl say .

I have tried that myself but not 4-fa so cant compare.

2-fa is prob unparalleled in its clean concentration ability- 21st century speed :).

----

on a related note which would you guys say is better to go out and pull chicks?

I went out flying both times on 2-fa horny as a mother fucker, but not sleazy or anything, super in control. I found it a breeze talking to girls and I wasnt creeping them out which can often happen with serotonin drugs or more precisely looking or worrying you look too fucked- tho I was also successful once going out on a moderate dose of mdma pulling a girl back.

I think the serotonin effect works well to make connections but straight dopa is good for 'ye fucker lets get this done point a to b'. Thats why Im interested in a mix of the two which I havent really explored yet so wondering if 4-fa might be the ticket for that. Im definitely more partial to dopamine so 4-fa seems suitable as an allrounder.

Alternatively Id thought of mixing 2-fa with something like a lower dose of 5/6apb so then I could just scale the doses of each side of it- serotonin/dopa wise- tho thinking these my be a bit too psychedelic for the abovementioned purposes (maybe not at lower doses tho?). MDAI seemed like it would have been ideal but unfortunately i missed the boat on that one.

Okay, well I'll try to get 2fa then but which one is more accessible or cheaper? I'm not asking for sources as I can't find either but which one is more common?