• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC soda pops (Canada)

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Pickings are pretty slim so far; a couple of 2 mg ginger ale type drinks, a 10 mg Irn Bru tasting drink (sorry to people from the UK but Irn Bru is shit) and far too many 2-2.5mg seltzer type drinks.

Non alcoholic beer 5 mg THC/5 mg CBD) was in stores yesterday, but gone by the time I got there. I ended up grabbing some 'craft' tonic waters; one in limonene, the other in myrcene. These tonic waters were also 5 mg THC/ 5 mg CBD. Limonene one was okay and the myrcene one tasted like liquid chinese 5 spice powder. Came in glass containers ~similar to those of Sierra Nevada Brewing.

Effects were none to extremely minimal. Won't buy again unless price comes down.

Another company (I'll try to find the name and specific product) is offering a 10 mg soda pop type drink w/guarana (caffeine).

Anyone from California, Oregon or Colorado aware of a) cold brew coffee with THC or b) instant coffee sticks with THC?

Tom

Effects were none to extremely minimal. Won't buy again unless price comes dow
maybe you should clarify to people unaware of your context (daily medical use) that you have a substantial tolerance to THC?.. before they take this information and get themselves into trouble.

Here’s the disclaimer; I am prescribed cannabis to control the nausea from dialysis. So I have a bit of tolerance :)

The Licensed Producer (Hexo) created an LLC called Truss Beverages. This LLC bought some US intellectual property allowing for efficient nanoencapsulation of THC into a water soluble form, using some technology. They make water soluble THC drops using a novel, trademarked emulsifier. This stuff hits and quickly. I easily feel something within 20 minutes.

However, the new beverages (the tonic waters and few sodas) do not use this new tech but instead use another (less efficient) form of emulsification.

The sodas come in 2 form factors; lined cans and bottles. There may be a problem with the canned sodas; it seems the emulsified THC slowly attaches or bonds to the can lining. At least this was back in November. So long term stability studies found only ~10% of the claimed THC.

Tolerance also plays a large role. Since being quarantined on March 19th, pretty much all I do is play video games, watch CNN and smoke weed. Consumption starts at 6 am (about 20 minutes before my first dialysis) and continues regularly throughout the day (3 more dialyses).

And Bagseed, you’re right about getting into trouble. prior to Cdn legalization in 2018 I had used black market edibles. Based on the labelling, I incorrectly thought I had a tolerance of 200-300 mg. 30 mg of legal Cannabis oil had me cringing in fear.

Tom

I went into a ocs(government in Ontario )place looking for edibles and almost laughed when the strongest was 2mg .

More seniors have been using edibles and it makes me sad the government is ripping them off

I went into a ocs(government in Ontario )place looking for edibles and almost laughed when the strongest was 2mg .

More seniors have been using edibles and it makes me sad the government is ripping them off

I’m not quite a senior but yeah, I know to decarboxhlate and emulsify.

The government is allowing a free market. It seems as if the first people to market think they can charge an arm and a leg. I don’t go out to bars any more, but if I could get 4 IPA’s which each had 10-15 mg water soluble THC I’d be a happy camper. The water soluble aspect makes it quicker onset effect and closer to alcohol. The 10-15 mg represents what *I* think might be going from reasonable to u reasonable for me if I drank 4 of them....in other words, pretty similar to how I’d be after 4 strong IPA.

The water soluble THC drops are amazing; maybe there’s a tech reason why they can’t be used in cans w/certain types of lining.
Tom

Last edited:
beer 5 mg THC/5 mg CBD

Now this is what I've been waiting for. I know you said it was non-alcoholic, but I've always wished for a hybrid hops/marijuana plant that could be used to brew beer with a fuckton of cannabinoids in it.

They are going overboard with these low dosages tho personally I take 50mgs per day THC when used orally split out in 2 doses. That would mean I'd have to drink twenty five sodas that is just silly. I mean I'm happy for you guys having legalization up there but they are really milking you for cash regarding the edible game. What about with gummies and stuff like that I buy these packs which have ten of them in it, pack adds up to 100mgs THC in total. Can you get something like that and its affordable?

They are going overboard with these low dosages tho personally I take 50mgs per day THC when used orally split out in 2 doses. That would mean I'd have to drink twenty five sodas that is just silly. I mean I'm happy for you guys having legalization up there but they are really milking you for cash regarding the edible game. What about with gummies and stuff like that I buy these packs which have ten of them in it, pack adds up to 100mgs THC in total. Can you get something like that and its affordable?

Non government people sell 1000mg chocolate bar for 30-40$
It's not legal to sell without a license but weed maps have delivery for most cities

I’m stilll going to try the beer when it comes back in stock. These levels are per the Health Canada limits (sadly). We can have up to 1000 mg THC in a package, but the package must then come with a dosing/dispensing mechanism. So a 40 ml bottle of 1000 mg THC/Sunflower oil - OK. A 1000 mg THC vape cart - OK. And so on. But for edibles it’s 10 mg per edible per package.

Maybe if there were 10 plastic/foil wrapped gummies in a bottle or 10 in a blister pack/backed with foil? A Pez type mint dispenser?

If I can buy a 40 ml bottle of water soluble THC drops and overdo the dosing recommendations why not a stronger chocolate bar?

Because of the kids. You know, a kid finds a whole chocolate bar and eats a whole chocolate bar

Tom

My goodness if a kid at 1000mg THC candy bar I'm sure he would get the psychological ass whooping of a lifetime. That's just so much I'm wondering if it would just knock them out or something. Gotta keep them drugs hidden that would be such a shitty time. I bet they would think twice before eating random candy that wasn't theirs in the future, highly doubt it would cause lasting issues for them tho.

THC infused soda has been around in the states for a while now. My first experience with them was about 10 years ago, a purchase at a medical dispensary. This was before it was recreationally legal so there was little to no regulations, that's why the packaging looks minimal and basic. This company, Dixie Elixirs, ended up doing well for themselves once it become recreationally legal and needless to say there products look very different today.

The drink was root beer and had 100mg of THC and the icecream (I don't remember the company name) had about the same amount in it. I made a root beer float and it was very tasty and effective.

y9R7v3G.jpg

46OGWMu.jpeg

8D4UYZt.jpg

Here’s the disclaimer; I am prescribed cannabis to control the nausea from dialysis. So I have a bit of tolerance :)

The Licensed Producer (Hexo) created an LLC called Truss Beverages. This LLC bought some US intellectual property allowing for efficient nanoencapsulation of THC into a water soluble form, using some technology. They make water soluble THC drops using a novel, trademarked emulsifier. This stuff hits and quickly. I easily feel something within 20 minutes.

However, the new beverages (the tonic waters and few sodas) do not use this new tech but instead use another (less efficient) form of emulsification.

The sodas come in 2 form factors; lined cans and bottles. There may be a problem with the canned sodas; it seems the emulsified THC slowly attaches or bonds to the can lining. At least this was back in November. So long term stability studies found only ~10% of the claimed THC.

Tolerance also plays a large role. Since being quarantined on March 19th, pretty much all I do is play video games, watch CNN and smoke weed. Consumption starts at 6 am (about 20 minutes before my first dialysis) and continues regularly throughout the day (3 more dialyses).

And Bagseed, you’re right about getting into trouble. prior to Cdn legalization in 2018 I had used black market edibles. Based on the labelling, I incorrectly thought I had a tolerance of 200-300 mg. 30 mg of legal Cannabis oil had me cringing in fear.

Tom
Nanoencapsulation and polymer nanospheres aren't new tech by any means though. So I reckon within a few years you'll see quite a few beverages using micro/nanoencapsulation. My B/MSc actually involved using polymer micro/nanosphere conjugates, combined with polymer thermosets to treat diabetic foot ulceration and retinopathy, via topical and intravitreal administration. Interesting shit. Hopefully the technology will become more prevalent, no one wants half the active component stuck to the container.

w01gf4ng - Sadly, no legal ice cream and there won’t be unless you fancy a 5 mg pint of ice cream. The only way we get water soluble THC drops is because Health Canada has tested the dosing nipple for accuracy.

Jibult - haven’t been able to try the ‘beer’ yet. It comes from an LLC owned by Molson-Coors using proprietary tech from another LLC. They have no way of estimating demand and didn’t want returned inventory so - low initial stock.

Tom

Non government people sell 1000mg chocolate bar for 30-40$
It's not legal to sell without a license but weed maps have delivery for most cities
Go to the reserves, the natives have good edibles in 250 mg packs or 100 mg - 10 pieces each. I can easily do 100 mg in a night

Wallywog - sadly there are no reserves other than urban in Winnipeg; but there are grey market dispensaries located on reserves where I’m moving, so I will def hit up the reserves. There’s one edible that’s available in the States, but not Canada; fireball whiskey gummies. Like you said, a pack of 10x10 mg but in deliciosly hot cinnamon candy flavour.

Tom

Salutations,

To the attentions of those who were curious about Hexo's 355 ml "Mollo 5.0 cannabis beverage": i gave it a try and felt NOTHING.

It tastes like beer (if i can trust my old recollections of it...) and this one certainly got a bottle shaped to look like one but there's no "deliterious" effect that i could sense. M'well, i had a 20 minutes nap after waiting for over 3 hours, mainly because of TV programming gone dull IMO.

According to its label that's supposed to be the equivalent of 5 g dry flowers... No way José!

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Salutations,

To the attentions of those who were curious about Hexo's 355 ml "Mollo 5.0 cannabis beverage": i gave it a try and felt NOTHING.

It tastes like beer (if i can trust my old recollections of it...) and this one certainly got a bottle shaped to look like one but there's no "deliterious" effect that i could sense. M'well, i had a 20 minutes nap after waiting for over 3 hours, mainly because of TV programming gone dull IMO.

According to its label that's supposed to be the equivalent of 5 g dry flowers... No way José!

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Yes, Health Canada measures edibles and beverages based upon weight of product and not THC content. No, I didn’t feel anything from a single beverage and given that (for me) they don’t taste any better than Heineken 0.0 and are twice as expensive I think I’ll save a fe $ and just buy the 0.0 when I want a beer (the Mollo was the first in over 4 years).

Tom

Yes, Health Canada measures edibles and beverages based upon weight of product and not THC content. No, I didn’t feel anything from a single beverage and given that (for me) they don’t taste any better than Heineken 0.0 and are twice as expensive I think I’ll save a fe $ and just buy the 0.0 when I want a beer (the Mollo was the first in over 4 years).

Tom
Off topic, but I really like Saint Pauli's non-alky beer. The taste is ever so reminiscent of skunky weed and I like it. Not much point in drinking anything but water though unless it fucks you up imo but I realize there are those out there that try to reduce alcohol consumption via low content beer.

Off topic, but I really like Saint Pauli's non-alky beer. The taste is ever so reminiscent of skunky weed and I like it. Not much point in drinking anything but water though unless it fucks you up imo but I realize there are those out there that try to reduce alcohol consumption via low content beer.

Before I knew that I was going to do something called peritoneal dialysis, I thought I’d be doing the blood exchange kind 3x a week. And I read horror stories of people going into DT’s while doing dialysis. Thought ‘fuck that shit’ and quit drinking. Most 0 alcohol beers taste like shit; very overcarbonated, lacking body, not enough hops and so on. There are several 0 alcohol beers in the States, reinforced with 2.5-20 mg THC, that are supposed to taste better.

As far as beer makers go that I’ve tried, Lagunitas in California has weed beers (not in Canada yet). And I think Molson-Coors/Hexo (Canada) has a weed version of Blue Moon forthcoming. Otherwise I guess I’m limited to adding THC drops into whatever pisswater I can find.

Tom

Yes, Health Canada measures edibles and beverages based upon weight of product and not THC content.

Thanks for the confirmation. Now my present interrogation would read as follows:

How many children were actually "saved" by this?...

:unsure:

{ insert complementary questions here! }