• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids That RLS/RAS During Withdrawal. Who else?

Dil4

Bluelighter
Hey all.

just in the middle of a cold turkey withdrawal off of 96mg/day Hydromorph Contin, additional 32mg/day Dilaudid, so 128mg/day hydromorphone total, plus a good bid on fentanyl daily.

For me, the worst part of withdrawal that had made me fail every time I've tried to quit is the restless arms and legs. Some people don't report this symptom, some only get it in the legs, but for me it's my arms and legs equally bad. I have to flail all my limbs around every few seconds for a brief moment of relief. Lying on my stomach typing this on my iPad while kicking my feet gently is actually giving me amazing relief.

I know many others suffer the same and I am curious to know... How you made it. I can get past all the cravings and mental aspect, the liquid asshole and vomit city, at the same time, but I can't take the RLS/RAS. I make it to about a week every time, all symptoms gone except insomnia and RLS/RAS, and the restless limbs make me relapse when I've gone so far. How much longer after acute withdrawal does this last? I need to know how long I'll suffer this before I make it through the other side. Hearing others share their stories gives me hope, gets me that much further in this fight.

I'm on day 8 right now and the RLS/RAS is as bad as it was on day one and I'm so close to opening the orange capsule and crushing up the little white beads for instant relief. I need to know how you put up with this, how long it lasted, and what you did to make it through.

I'm so close but can't stand this.

Who else suffers this symptom during withdrawal? Thanks for reading. Typing and reading on here gives me temporary relief.

God Bless... If there is a God out there still listening.

gabapentin completely kills RLS

Interesting, thanks. I'll ask my doctor to prescribe this for me. Currently, I have quite the stash of Lyrica 150mg (pregabalin) but I've found it completely useless during withdrawal whereas others have said it helps them.

I'll see if I can somehow be prescribed gabapentin and see if it is any different.

thanks for your input.

cheers

I feel you on this. Damn leg aches will drive you insane.

I can't do cold turkey anymore, not with work, life, etc....so I have to turn to Tramadol, or Methadone to ease the symptoms.

Congrats on being sober!

There's a good thread "withdrawal arsenal", or something...many good suggestions.

I feel you on this. Damn leg aches will drive you insane.

I can't do cold turkey anymore, not with work, life, etc....so I have to turn to Tramadol, or Methadone to ease the symptoms.

Congrats on being sober!

There's a good thread "withdrawal arsenal", or something...many good suggestions.

Cheers. I hear you. If I could go to a methadone clinic without being entered in a national database as an opiate abuser I would do so in a heartbeat as there is one close to my home. However, the regulations for treatment and getting your dose are strict and forget about trying to fill a script for any other narcotic ever again due to our monitoring system.

I too find the restless legs and arms the worst part of withdrawal. I had rls before I ever even began opiates. In fact that's one of the many reasons I enjoyed opiates at first, it cured my rls.

As for solutions, I haven't really found many. I've never had benzos whilst going through withdrawal before, but I hear those help. Funny enough though I currently have a decent stash of clonazepam atm, and access to plenty more shortly.

One thing that I did find relief from though was loperamide. A large dose of it, 40 mg I think. Its the generic over the counter Imodium. Apparently its an opiate, it just doesn't cross the BBB so doesn't get you high, but binds to opiates in the GI tract, thus relieving constipation. I never took it more than two nights in a row though, I wasn't trying to quit at this time, just waiting for my paycheck. Not sure id recommend using it though, it gave me a weird dirty feeling. And obviously backed me up pretty good for a few days. Not something I'm unaccustomed to though

Sorry I can't be of much help. I truly congratulate you on your sobriety. Hope you stay strong and make it through!