• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Tetrazepam

Got a pack of those, 20X 50mgs, tablets, they do seem pretty useless, I'm a bit of a benzo-naive and yet I've munched down 5 today with a few beers and it feels lighter than a couple of valiums.

Last night I did 6 mgs bromazepam, a few spoonfulls of Kratom, a few cans of lager and I think around five or six of these tetrazepams and I was feeling quite alright for as long as I managed to stay awake, still overall quite a worthless benzo.

The good thing about it, is that is totally, completely, erase restless leg syndrome from opiate WDS, which is something worth remembering, so if you have a supply of it, stash it somewhere for when you actually have a need for it.

I would say if you're going to try a benzo for the first time, it's best to not have used a different benzo the night before.

^ Nah I tried them the first time together with the bromazepam, not the safest thing to do, but I'm from the EADD forum so I can't really help being a reckless scratend.

BTW by now I have done around 13 of the tetrazepams, they seem to have quite a short half-life and are really activated by beer, really wish I had more kratom. I'm still able to spell properly, which is weird being on benzos, still feel pretty nice. Hope I wake up tomorrow...

Should be getting a few more of these for my train ride tomorrow, they're the first benzo everybody seems happy to give away, that should tell you something. Barely feeling anything under 100 mgs, then then they get cloudy, no euphoria to speak of without beer or kratom, and quite pricey too. Kava beats them hands down!

Last edited:
I got prescribed these while in France and they were essentially sugar pills as far as benzos go, they do help with opiate w/d tho... (said had back spasms but was really in opiate w/d and wanted something stronger than codeine, I think the doc figured it out and that's why he gave me em along with tramadol and anither muscle relaxant)

Horrible, worthless as a benzo, but worth keeping in an opiate addicts w/d tool kit

tetrazepam's main action is that of a muscle relaxer.. it has very little anxiolytic effect... i took 500mg 10 of the 50mg pills and felt nothing whatsoever... but i had a tolerance...

if i were you i would start with 250mg and see how u feel.

But don't expect anything too fun/euphoric.

I dont understand the bad reputation Tetrazepam has around here. It's my favourite Benzo. The muscle relaxation at 100-200mg doses is amazing. It also puts me in nice soft cotton.
I have to say that I never was a big Benzohead and that Diazepam is stronger of course but Tetraz is a very useful substance. Especially regarding it's low amnesia potential.

If I would take something like 500mg I couldn't walk straight anymore...

Guess it comes down to different taste.

tetrazepam is also my favorite benzo. it gives such a nice body feeling and as you say, it sort of wraps you in soft cotton. i've only tried diazepam, oxazepam, midazolam and etizolam else so far, but tetrazepam (even with a higher dose required - i'd have 2 pills á 50ug for the beginning) was the one i liked much. midazolam is something, i would not try again. i think it's designed for knocking you out ;-)

Last edited:
Yeah, it's quite weak, but very useful for muscle cramps, and it goes well with a little codeine ;) Bought these OTC in an African country a while ago, (together with some paracetamol/codeine 500/30's effervescent tablets. Saved the vacation =)

How are these compared to Etizolam (which is the only "Benzo" i've tried till now)? Stronger anxiolytic effects or less? I read about lesser potential to be amnesic. I've found Etiz to be somewhat amnesic, especially at 1mg upwards.

Tetrazepam only has minimal anxiolytic properties, imho not even close to Etizolam. It is a very strong muscle relaxant though which I really enjoy at 100-200mg doses. But it definitely works for social anxiety in its own way (whole body is relaxed and "in cotton"). I prefer it to Diazepam since it doesn't sedate you that much and has less amnesic effects. And much less compared to Etiz.

I hope this information is helpful. Musaril, the brand name is not available in many countries but if you can get some it is worth a try. One of my favorites :)

I hope this information is helpful

Since it's first hand information i'd say YES :) Thank you very much.

Have them (not Musaril but others with the only active ingredient Tetrazepam, so...) prescribed for muscle relaxation, i think i'll try them later on today. Sounds very nice, especially the "body in cotton"-part sounds great.

I really like Etizolam, what i don't like is the amnesia that comes with higher doses and the sedation, which isn't welcome if you have to function properly. How long do you feel effects of a dose, i read the half-life is 15h+?

No problem. The duration of the effects is around 6-8 hours. Depends on dosage, tolerance and such. And it can be sedating without tolerance. In that case I would suggest to take 100-150mg to chill out in the evening.
With tolerance more like 150-200. Maybe even more since everybody reacts differently.

And I advise (like with every other Benzo) not to drink on it. Not even 1 Beer, it just makes you tired and uncomfortable clumsy. Not to mention the possible classic black outs ;)

Everyone responds differently to a given substance, but I really don't see the recreational value in this stuff...

It seems that the people who like this stuff give it a positive review B/C it is so very weak and its effects are so subtle.

While I didn't notice any effects even at 300+mg's, I have a high tolerance to benzo's so my experience may be very diff than someone w/out a tolerance.

To those who've tried this before and had a tolerance / considerable experience w/ the traditionally abused benzos like Xanax, Klonopin, Valium and Ativan, how did you find the effects of Tetrazepam to compare?

I haven't done any other then Etizolam, and i don't take them very often.

Also i don't look for real recreational value, just some relaxation, both physically and at best, mentally too. But should there be an "in cotton"-wrapped feeling for me, it's even better ;)

And thanks for the advice to not mix benzos and alcohol. Badly enough i experienced it first hand with the Etiz' some time ago.

Yeah, it's quite weak, but very useful for muscle cramps, and it goes well with a little codeine ;) Bought these OTC in an African country a while ago, (together with some paracetamol/codeine 500/30's effervescent tablets. Saved the vacation =)
How I love the drug laws of non-western countries hehe. Even in Egypt, 2012 I was able to get zoplicone OTC. 5mg ten strips for <no price discussion>, but still, then i'll just take two huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone responds differently to a given substance, but I really don't see the recreational value in this stuff...

It seems that the people who like this stuff give it a positive review B/C it is so very weak and its effects are so subtle.

While I didn't notice any effects even at 300+mg's, I have a high tolerance to benzo's so my experience may be very diff than someone w/out a tolerance.

To those who've tried this before and had a tolerance / considerable experience w/ the traditionally abused benzos like Xanax, Klonopin, Valium and Ativan, how did you find the effects of Tetrazepam to compare?
When i lived in france my boyfriend and i were addicted to benzos, usually taking a combo of valium and clonazepam throughout the day. We'd been on benzos for years so our tolerance was quite high. When we'd run out of our scripts or couldn't buy them on the street i'd go to our town's dr and he'd always prescribe me at least one box of 20 tetrazepam for a stiff neck. We took them just to avoid withdrawal and they were fine for that- no risk of having a seizure, no elevated anxiety or physical discomfort. We never opted to use them recreationally though, they just got us through til we could get diazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam etc. They were also useful to have stashed for when we came off opiates. (Sorry there's no paragraph breaks etc, I'm typing on a tablet)

sounds like a crappier librium.

how dare you make fun of my precious librium!! Lol i was scripted librium when i was coming off of subs...when i took 50mg i definitely felt a benzo high but your right it's no ativan or xanax

Really funny you're referring about using it while coming off opiates. Experienced the same just yesterday. Could also be the weed, but who knows ;) Took 2x50mg yesterday and it worked very well, at least enough to take away any pain and induce some pretty good night of sleep.