Testosterone Injections for Opiate Withdrawal

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I wish I had the US governments permission and go ahead to open a detox / rehab facility for Opiate addicts trying to get clean.

I have personally noticed that when withdrawing from opiates while on testosterone is entirely different than when not.

It leads me to believe the depletion of testosterone in men is in part the reason coming off of drugs like heroin or oxycodone is so difficult.

I would literally open a rehab and instead of medication assisted therapy I would start patients on 50 mg Test P daily, along with 3x meals a day and a majority of the time of the day spent with physical exercise / activity, nutrition and steroid education.

America would be a better place if half the country was on testosterone instead of heroin,
Meth and crack.

Is it really that big of a difference? Withdrawal is easy. It's the endless days of feeling dead inside afterwards that get me.

testosterone is drug like other drugs, she are not working for everyone

Test is definitely NOT like other drugs, it is naturally present in all humans, and for men it is one of the most important hormones.
It regulates so many functions in the body that even being low on test without the withdrawals is really bad.
Surely being seriously depressed, moody, confused, demotivated, and extremely low on physical and mental energy, having significantly reduced motor coordination, sleeping like shit and being always sleepy is something that is not going to help staying off drugs.

Is it really that big of a difference? Withdrawal is easy. It's the endless days of feeling dead inside afterwards that get me.

It’s an enormous difference. Testosterone is by no means and end all cure to depression, but I feel it along with diet and exercise has essentially rid me of depression.

besides the fact that I don’t get restless legs, insomnia, lack of appetite anymore when withdrawing. Slight cold sweats and fatigue is about all I get if running a moderate dose of test.

testosterone is drug like other drugs, she are not working for everyone

Actually it does work for everyone. Every single male needs testosterone in moderate levels to function properly. As Phobos states it’s basically essential to life

“Symptoms and signs suggestive of testosterone deficiency include reduced libido and sexual activity, decreased spontaneous erections, erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia, infertility, osteopenia/osteoporosis, hot flushes, and sweats. Other non-specific symptoms, such as fatigue, depressed mood, poor concentration and memory, sleep disturbance, reduced muscle mass and strength, increased body fat and body mass index [1], although not decisive for defining the diagnosis, are important from a clinical point of view because they have a great impact on the quality of life of hypogonadal patients.”

Last edited:
Test is definitely NOT like other drugs, it is naturally present in all humans, and for men it is one of the most important hormones.
It regulates so many functions in the body that even being low on test without the withdrawals is really bad.
Surely being seriously depressed, moody, confused, demotivated, and extremely low on physical and mental energy, having significantly reduced motor coordination, sleeping like shit and being always sleepy is something that is not going to help staying off drugs.

Thank you. Couldn’t have said it any better myself, or even close to as good as you did

It’s an enormous difference. Testosterone is by no means and end all cure to depression, but I feel it along with diet and exercise has essentially rid me of depression.

besides the fact that I don’t get restless legs, insomnia, lack of appetite anymore when withdrawing. Slight cold sweats and fatigue is about all I get if running a moderate dose of test.

I have always believed most of my PAWS symptoms to be low T and always told myself that when I got money I would go to an endocrinologists for testing but never followed through. I believe I have found the key to my recovery problems. I am a 38yr old male, who has been addicted to heroin and methadone for 20yrs. My PAWS symptoms match the symptoms of low T to a.... well T. Thank you for giving me the push to follow through with a checkup because I always wind up relapsing due to the prolonged PAWS, which should have been obvious, especially with such a long usage history as being low Testosterone. You have given me the hope that I can combat the never ending malaise, lack of motivation and depression that always does me in. It is so obvious but I have always been afraid of messing up my natural production forever by self medicating a problem that I had hoped would correct itself. I tried to run a cycle about 90 days into recovery once but I ran into money problems about 4-5 weeks in of IM injections of test cypionate at a medium unknown dosage that I cant recall because it was administered by an experienced friend. I do remember it doing wonders for my energy and it had a profound effect on my confidence, which I remember as being an amazing, life changing effect but believed it had negatively affected my sleep at the time. It was honestly a wonderful feeling that was better than any recreational drug I had ever done and was what I had been looking for during all my addiction and experimentation. You have definitely stirred my memory and peaked my interest. Do you ever get rage and how does it effect your sleep?

I have always believed most of my PAWS symptoms to be low T and always told myself that when I got money I would go to an endocrinologists for testing but never followed through. I believe I have found the key to my recovery problems. I am a 38yr old male, who has been addicted to heroin and methadone for 20yrs. My PAWS symptoms match the symptoms of low T to a.... well T. Thank you for giving me the push to follow through with a checkup because I always wind up relapsing due to the prolonged PAWS, which should have been obvious, especially with such a long usage history as being low Testosterone. You have given me the hope that I can combat the never ending malaise, lack of motivation and depression that always does me in. It is so obvious but I have always been afraid of messing up my natural production forever by self medicating a problem that I had hoped would correct itself. I tried to run a cycle about 90 days into recovery once but I ran into money problems about 4-5 weeks in of IM injections of test cypionate at a medium unknown dosage that I cant recall because it was administered by an experienced friend. I do remember it doing wonders for my energy and it had a profound effect on my confidence, which I remember as being an amazing, life changing effect but believed it had negatively affected my sleep at the time. It was honestly a wonderful feeling that was better than any recreational drug I had ever done and was what I had been looking for during all my addiction and experimentation. You have definitely stirred my memory and peaked my interest. Do you ever get rage and how does it effect your sleep?

Im happy this thread could spark some newfound hope for you. I have a similar story, I’m younger though so my opiate addiction / periods of sobriety / relapse cycle has been around 7 years now.

Honestly I think before I even got addicted to opiates I had low T because I was always low energy, depressed, lacked muscle and was pretty small for my age, and just kinda didn’t have good confidence or feelings about myself.

I think I’ve gotten accustomed to how I feel on them, at the beginning I may have been slightly more angry but roid rage and anger as others on here will attest to is really somewhat of a myth. Yes you may feel you are more capable of violence or rise quicker to anger but really it’s not an issue. I mean I’ve always considered myself a pretty angry person and I don’t think they’ve made it worse and as I’ve gotten older I’ve calmed down a lot.

Sleep wise I won’t lie, it may make falling asleep a bit harder. I’ve found I can still be energetic and successful with less sleep, all I really need is 6 hours. As long as you stay away from Tren or other more intense steroids, you should sleep good and get used to it.

Steroids have without a doubt drastically changed my life. I can’t just recommend them to everyone but shit the way I look at it is the risks of using low dose testosterone compared to shooting heroin or being addicted to drugs aren’t even close. If I die at 50 or 60 cause I lived a happy, motivated, in shape, sexual crazed life cause of a heart attack, it’s a hell of a lot better an outcome than being another fentanyl or suicide statistic. Steroids and the hormone system are serious things and messing with your endocrine system can cause some mood swings, anxiety, bouts of depression and other side effects like high blood pressure.

But overall I feel way more confident, happy in general, and have mostly a bright outlook on my future and I can tell you I hadn’t felt that way in years before I started. Honestly I was in maybe my 6th rehab after another failed attempt of sobriety and knew I probably would be back because even sober living a clean life my mind and my history of depression was gonna lead me right back to drugs, it never failed.

Sometimes we really gotta look deeper and figure out what the hell is the reason I keep returning to drugs? And a lot of it has to do with our brains and our bodies and not functioning normally. I really think fixing testosterone gave me a fighting chance to not just be another overdose news article.

Im happy this thread could spark some newfound hope for you. I have a similar story, I’m younger though so my opiate addiction / periods of sobriety / relapse cycle has been around 7 years now.

Honestly I think before I even got addicted to opiates I had low T because I was always low energy, depressed, lacked muscle and was pretty small for my age, and just kinda didn’t have good confidence or feelings about myself.

I think I’ve gotten accustomed to how I feel on them, at the beginning I may have been slightly more angry but roid rage and anger as others on here will attest to is really somewhat of a myth. Yes you may feel you are more capable of violence or rise quicker to anger but really it’s not an issue. I mean I’ve always considered myself a pretty angry person and I don’t think they’ve made it worse and as I’ve gotten older I’ve calmed down a lot.

Sleep wise I won’t lie, it may make falling asleep a bit harder. I’ve found I can still be energetic and successful with less sleep, all I really need is 6 hours. As long as you stay away from Tren or other more intense steroids, you should sleep good and get used to it.

Steroids have without a doubt drastically changed my life. I can’t just recommend them to everyone but shit the way I look at it is the risks of using low dose testosterone compared to shooting heroin or being addicted to drugs aren’t even close. If I die at 50 or 60 cause I lived a happy, motivated, in shape, sexual crazed life cause of a heart attack, it’s a hell of a lot better an outcome than being another fentanyl or suicide statistic.

You have definitely given me food for thought. The confidence boost was astounding and was honestly the main reason I would ever use any drug. I don't know why I never thought to give Test another go or get tested. I have always been skinny, which is my biggest insecurity and have an extremely difficult time putting on muscle mass though I am fairly cut and decent looking. I tend to plateau extremely quick when working out both in strength and ability to bulk up. I am actually getting extremely excited by the idea of giving it another try as I type this out. God!! It is so obvious that all my symptoms mirror low T. I should get tested before I start self medicating but I honestly already know the results. How are roids on the liver?

You have definitely given me food for thought. The confidence boost was astounding and was honestly the main reason I would ever use any drug. I don't know why I never thought to give Test another go or get tested. I have always been skinny, which is my biggest insecurity and have an extremely difficult time putting on muscle mass though I am fairly cut and decent looking. I tend to plateau extremely quick when working out both in strength and ability to bulk up. I am actually getting extremely excited by the idea of giving it another try as I type this out. God!! It is so obvious that all my symptoms mirror low T. I should get tested before I start self medicating but I honestly already know the results. How are roids on the liver?

Hell ya man! Testosterone is not damaging to the liver, only oral steroids are known and proven to be hepatotoxic.

A doctor office would be an easy bet but if you don’t have insurance you can get it checked for like $60-100 at a lab or even:

Hell ya man! Testosterone is not damaging to the liver, only oral steroids are known and proven to be hepatotoxic.

A doctor office would be an easy bet but if you don’t have insurance you can get it checked for like $60-100 at a lab or even:

Thanks for posting this and sharing your experience my man. After my rediscovery of LSD and other psychedelics this could be the next most important discovery that will finally give me the ability to finally recover from this insideous plague that has consumed over half my life and in reality may have been partially spawned by my attempts to self medicate low T and other endocrine problems that I believe were a consequence of early life teen/adult MDMA abuse.

This is a strange theory.

Although... I have read before that women tend to have worse opioid withdrawal than men. I always assumed it was simply because women are on average smaller, so the same dose will have a greater effect resulting in greater dependence.

But maybe that's not the whole story.

Not that it's all that helpful far those of us of the female persuasion.

Testosterone + Ibogaine for withdraw sounds like a solid plan.

If we approached anything with half way common sense in western medicine then we would have a country that’s 40% obese and generally killing itself

Testosterone + Ibogaine for withdraw sounds like a solid plan.

If we approached anything with half way common sense in western medicine then we would have a country that’s 40% obese and generally killing itself
I think western medicine is fine for the most part. The medical community can be acting in an ideal perfect manner, but if the patient isn't then it's moot. We live in a world where people lack motivation to improve themselves and fear hard work. Thus allopathic medicine is forced to make bandaids for the problems that can only be remedied by behavioral changes of patients.

Test always helped me in an indirect way. Made me feel less like I was a ruined man trapped in a unsurvivable storm, and more like I was a dude going through a rough time. Same horribly painful physical sensations, just a little more momentum to carry you through, making you aware that you will be well again eventually.

Last edited:
Test always helped me in an indirect way. Made me feel less like I was a ruined man trapped in a unsurvivable storm, and more like I was a dude going through a rough time. Same horribly painful physical sensations, just a little more momentum to carry you through, making you aware that you will be well again eventually.

Interesting post, I like the analogy and agree

I’ve been off street drugs for 5 years but on methadone maintenance with small recreational fun in between. I went from 130mg to currently 20mgs trying to get off and during this time I have felt like a 80 year old no sexdrive at all so it got me thinking . So I went and saw a endocrinologist he did a bunch of bloodwork and low and behold due to my opiate addiction my testosterone levels were way low. He prescribed a human dose of Test E no where near the amount bodybuilders take to gain muscle and I have seen a huge improvement like OP said energy/ wellbeing is better, more alpha feeling( not in a dickhead way) and what makes me most happy is slowly but surely my libido/sexdrive is coming back. For anyone of you thinking this may be a problem go get your self check out.

I’ve bern curious about test for the endocrine problems from opiates as well, but aren’t you now just becoming dependent on test?

I’m more curious to find ways to jumpstart natural production again over exogenous test that I’ll then need to obtain from the doctor for the rest of my life.

-GC

I’ve bern curious about test for the endocrine problems from opiates as well, but aren’t you now just becoming dependent on test?

I’m more curious to find ways to jumpstart natural production again over exogenous test that I’ll then need to obtain from the doctor for the rest of my life.

-GC

It might be that taking testosterone in itself might jump start natural production. This isn't exactly something I'm particularly knowledgeable about so you'll wanna do some research if you wanna know more, but I know I've read that hormone production operates in a kind of self sustaining feedback loop.

So it may be that taking testosterone in itself might jump start it. Dunno, worth a check though.

^^^You hit on a point I too have wondered. Does light/infrequent testosterone use jumpstart the system again... Hopefully someone from PED can assist in that answer cuz I’ve looked around.

-GC