Test Oil base subcutaneous injections causing lumps.

Phobos

Bluelighter
I took a few Subq shots of Test Base in the last couple of weeks, 6 in total, using 100IU insulin needles.
Dosages were 0.2 to 0.3cc, so 20mg to 30mg.
All of them were in the belly at belly button height, from about 3 inches away to were my love handles would be if I had any, and the ones closer to the belly button caused hazelunt size lumps, and the ones in the love handles area flat lumps that are like an inch in diameter.
I did swipe bottle top and skin with IPA salviettes for a minute, made sure the needle was opened at the last moment and touched nothing else, only used needles one time ofcourse.
They seem to go away in about a week to 10 days, and they are moderately sore, they hurt much less than a ingrown hair when I touch them.
The lump is definitely not in the muscle as it moves if I pull my skin.
I have been inserting the needle fully at a 45 degrees angle, while pinching the skin to keep it away from the abs as the needle would totally get in the muscles if I didn't, and also to Z-track.
The pain starts immediately when I start injecting, the oil itself feels irritating, could it be the test itself or is some other ingredient that could be causing this? The label declares only Test Base and Grapeseed oil as ingredients.
It's my first time ever injecting something, so my hand is not super steady, but I'm pretty sure the last two shots I kept the needle perfectly still throughout and I'm not sure there was any difference.

Should I be worried, or is this a common reaction,? Maybe I should I change something in how I do the Injections?

You just injected oil sub q...of course there are gonna be lumps lol. Where’s it gonna go? Water can disaapte but oil can’t really go anywhere with subQ shots.

Pick a lean spot like delts or quads. I’ve been doing daily HRT shots with a 29g 1/2 insulin needle for maybe 4-5 months and never get lumps because it goes IM with lean quads

You just injected oil sub q...of course there are gonna be lumps lol. Where’s it gonna go? Water can disaapte but oil can’t really go anywhere with subQ shots.

Pick a lean spot like delts or quads. I’ve been doing daily HRT shots with a 29g 1/2 insulin needle for maybe 4-5 months and never get lumps because it goes IM with lean quads

Well, I see your point but half life of test no ester is like 2-3 hours, I assumed it meant it was going to be absorbed completely in a short amount of time?
Also, the lumps are much much bigger than what I injected, I'm wondering if the soreness and swelling is common or not.
If I do it IM, wouldn't the muscles be sore?
I just want to understand if I am causing some damage or having some kind of reaction basically.

Yeah the hormone has a short half life but it isn’t the hormone making the knots it’s the oil.

So the lumps aren’t going to go away until the oil goes away. And yes the muscle might be sore. Thats sort of what happens when you stick sharp objects into it.

The TNE is oil and not suspension, correct?

If you pin anything subQ, especially oil, there’s gonna be some lump. If you stick needles in yourelf you might be sore. You might also get red or swell because you’re causing tissue damage...think that covers it.

You can find both water suspension and oil, I have used oil.

And alright yes, I understand now, due to my lack of experience I was wondering if it was normal or not. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The solvents in test base are usually harsh as well. To get a hormone without an ester into solution is hard as the lack of ester chain makes it less soluble in oil (the ester makes it less polar due to the long chain of carbons). So usually ethyl oleate and or guiacol is used, both of which can be very irritating. I have an ethyl oleate allergy so even if injected IM I get terrible inflammation and redness for about a week even in volumes as small as 0.1ml.

The solvents in test base are usually harsh as well. To get a hormone without an ester into solution is hard as the lack of ester chain makes it less soluble in oil (the ester makes it less polar due to the long chain of carbons). So usually ethyl oleate and or guiacol is used, both of which can be very irritating. I have an ethyl oleate allergy so even if injected IM I get terrible inflammation and redness for about a week even in volumes as small as 0.1ml.

I see, so Test Cypionate is likely to be less irritating as there won't be any solvent, hopefully.
Has anyone here ever used test suspension?
Is it irritating?

Most likely yes. Cypionate can be made strictly with carrier oil, benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate which is what's used in USP solutions. So much less likely to cause the same degree of irritation though I'm sure it'll still cause some.
As for suspension, I wouldn't use it. Since the hormone is still in crystalline form, it'll dissolve slowly. The water in the suspension will be absorbed quickly leaving dry crystals in the tissue. It usually causes irritation when injected IM so I'd definitely avoid subq usage. Remember, subcutaneous tissue has less blood flow than muscle so anything you put in there will sit in there longer.

And then, even after all that, even the tamest AAS injected SubQ can leave tiny pea-sized fibrotic lumps that last a few years. I mean, they leave fibrotic lumps in muscles too, but you're less likely to notice it there.

And then, even after all that, even the tamest AAS injected SubQ can leave tiny pea-sized fibrotic lumps that last a few years. I mean, they leave fibrotic lumps in muscles too, but you're less likely to notice it there.
Has there been any true way to alleviate the lumps in muscle? I've heard many conflicting things about graston scraping and various other treatments but I'd like to think one day I can get the little lumps out of my glutes lol.

Has there been any true way to alleviate the lumps in muscle? I've heard many conflicting things about graston scraping and various other treatments but I'd like to think one day I can get the little lumps out of my glutes lol.

I’ve heard scraping as well. There was a guy at my gym that did a lot of work on athletes. Had him feel on my delts one day and he instantly was grabbing and squeezing knots/scar tissue and he said that it’s stuff you can definitely work out and he did on a lot of guys