• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Test of two samples sold as 2CB

sponger23

Greenlighter
SWIM ordered some 2C-B and received two packages obviously unlabelled, instead of one. He and was unable to contact the seller (market got shut down). He tested both and can't figure out if either one of them is 2C-B, or whatever else they might be. The same seller provided some MDMA rocks that tested perfectly.

The Marquis for sample B went light green then dark green before ending on dark blue.

All sample A tests bubbled a bit.

Sample A contains no 2C-B

Sample B.. did the marquis show any yellow while it was changing? How long did you wait to take this photo? Don't forget that reagent results should be read within 2 minutes.

Given the dark reaction for the mecke reagent it's fair to say; if this contains any 2C-B then it also contains another unknown substance. Probably one for the bin I'm afraid.

The marquis for sample B did look yellow in the beginning, but SWIM is partially colorblind, so he doesn't know for sure :D

There's a video of each sample, but he couldn't find a way to post them.

Sucks to bin stuff, but of course, it sucks a looooooot more to be in a loony bin for hours (or worse) for taking something that belonged in the bin.

I forgot to mention that we don't use SWIM here, it doesn't protect you legally at all.

Upload the video to https://imgur.com and then post the link here.

I would also recommend using less sample and only recording results for 60 seconds.

But ultimately, the mecke reaction is wrong and therefore the best case scenario is that other crap has been added to this. It doesn't suck to bin garbage, the bin is where garbage belongs!

You raaang?

After 5 mins:

After 30 minutes:

I would guess that B is either 2C-B or 2C-I. Apologies for the crappy Mecke test for 2C-B :-( not sure why I fucked that one up!
2C-I (heck, assuming it's not 2C-B, they could have also done 2C-I+ 2C-C - some have said that 2C-C and 2C-I is better than the sum of it's parts. Having tried all three of them (never combined though) I would belive that, and also predict that it would feel reminiscent of 2C-B, though the different durations of the two sides of the effect would give it away to someone who has done all three.

Not sure what A is - but if they're trying to fake a 2C, assuming they were hoping it could pass bioassays without it being bloody obvious that it's not a psychedelic, I'd put my money on a tryptamine. I unfortunately don't have results for 4-HO-MET (or 4-AcO-MET), a 4-xx-MET is what *I* would use if I wanted to charge 2C-B prices for a cheaper and easier to obtain RC... (4-HO-MET definitely seems to be the top tryptamine in terms of a recreational, almost universally enjoyable trip), and many described it as second only to 2C-B as their favorite psychedelic at the drug-fueled sex parties (some friends argued that they are in fact more like sex-fueled drug parties, but that's splitting (pubic) hairs.

Last edited: