• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Terrified I've got sepsis/Septicemia from IV injecting Suboxone

Shit, I would.be at the ER instead of wasting time on bluelight trying to hear an answer I wanna hear lol

Yeah but you know how it is with these things. Unfortunately a lot of drug users are prepared to risk death than go to the er.

It would be a lot better for them to do all possible to avoid that in the first place by learning the ways to do drugs the safest way possible to avoid this happening and once the damage is done its a little too late for help from the internet.

I just hope op does get himself to hospital and not assume he will lose job and home . Its not a given that will happen. The injury itself could be minor and not a big deal to treat but if it needs to stay in for a while its not a readon to get fired.

In the states there is HIPAA:-Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act- "The HIPAA Privacy regulations require health care providers and organizations, as well as their business associates, to develop and follow procedures that ensure the confidentiality and security of protected health information (PHI) "

It might extend to say a parole officer but anything done at a hospital / doctor office is not public record.

http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/formsandpubs/laws/hipaa/Pages/1.00WhatisHIPAA.aspx

I know everybody has seen these pics a million times but the problem is if a needle is tough to pierce your skin with it will most likely flatten out the vein and and infiltrate clear through it, tearing as it goes. Only a vessel with higher pressure like an artery will withstand the tearing of one side only and I hope you know how much fun arterial shots are. For the cost of a pack of smokes you can have a batch of new rigs delivered with out any tell tale markings on the package of whats inside. The petechia rash is also disturbing but sounds like you might have dodged that bullet.... for now. Stay safe.

7508287_orig.jpg

Funny thing about that pic is, back when I used to IV Heroin I'd actually have a harder time hitting with a new needle vs a used one. It would be so sharp it would slide right out of the vein.

In the states there is HIPAA:-Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act- "The HIPAA Privacy regulations require health care providers and organizations, as well as their business associates, to develop and follow procedures that ensure the confidentiality and security of protected health information (PHI) "

It might extend to say a parole officer but anything done at a hospital / doctor office is not public record.

http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/formsandpubs/laws/hipaa/Pages/1.00WhatisHIPAA.aspx
Let's try to avoid legal discussion. They can't ask the hospital why you went, but they might be able to find out he went somehow and then approach the op.... Lying would only add another issue and pleading the fifth would be suspicious. I am not doing saying that would happen for a fact just throwing a hypothetical out there.

Hello
Apologies for my remark. I didn't mean to offend. I was only concerned because your symptoms look really serious.
I'm not familiar with the US system, but I can appreciate your worries and reluctance to go to ER.
please be aware that even if your fever is subsiding it doesn't mean that the infection is beaten. Sepsis has a nasty tendency to hang around and repeatedly resurface. You really need a course of strong antibiotics if you have sepsis. Can you get some without presenting at ER?
Be careful about self prescribing. You could take the wrong drug or not complete the full course of antibiotics necessary and end up with a drug resistant infection. Keep healthy and good luck. And monitor your temperature with a thermometer every couple of hours. If your temperature is consistently normal you should be ok. Sepsis doesn't always cause a very high fever, so anything above normal should be considered an indication of an infection.

Hi again
I just want to add that I feel for your predicament and acknowledge that things aren't straightforward.
I've also reread your last post and although I don't want to raise fears, you should be aware that sepsis symptoms can include a high OR low temperature: fluctuations in temperature are a classic sign. My father had the same symptoms and it took 5 hospital episodes before his sepsis was beaten. But his infection was in his bones and he's likely older and frailer than you.
If sepsis, your best bet is a course of antibiotics, which can be administered at home... but only if it hasn't spread to internal organs, in which case hospitalisation is necessary. Be aware of septic shock. Low blood pressure and low temperature are indications of septic shock. Be vigilant and have someone stay with you if possible. You're better off delegating decision-making and deferring to someone else's judgment whilst there's a possibility your own judgment is impaired.
By the way, I'm speaking from good personal experience and although I'm not a clinician I work as a senior health professional and im better equipped to comment than most.

Let's try to avoid legal discussion. They can't ask the hospital why you went, but they might be able to find out he went somehow and then approach the op.... Lying would only add another issue and pleading the fifth would be suspicious. I am not doing saying that would happen for a fact just throwing a hypothetical out there.

Totally, he should die of sepsis at home in shame and secrecy, my bad.

^^ morbid way of putting it, but in reality, if he does have such a problem or the symptoms of such a problem, by not going to a basic hospital, he may just be doing that. Dying.

Hopefully he will be ok but these kinds of threads are frustrating.

Hopefully he will be ok but these kinds of threads are frustrating.

I never said I agreed with the rationalization to not go... Guess I should've mentioned that

No I hear you, it's one of those days and this is one of those threads. This just reminds me of people using penicillin designed for fish tanks instead of adequate medical intervention. I seriously hope your okay OP whichever route you take.

You did right Jekyl... Going through life bs is definitely what should be chosen over death.

I've skipped to the end, as it looks like you've gotten plenty of good advice, and hopefully learned your lessen, this post is more for any others who see it.

It looks like you were disinfecting and reusing disposable needles. You should NOT do this, under any circumstance. Hypodermic needles are not reusable. Even if you properly sanitize them you will end up regretting it when you ruin all your veins, have to hide you tracks, and are left with permanent scarring.

Now if you have a syringe with removable needles, then you can disinfect the barrel and plunger, to be fitted with a new needle.

If OP, doesn't reply, let's remember this thread goes out to more then the OP.

Anyone that is in a similar situation or not far from a similar situation, can see the errors of OP and stop before it gets to such a bad point.

This thread is for everyone in a similar situation and to potentially stop anyone from starting.

Folks, stop while your ahead.

I went back and read some of the thread, and I don't know what country the OP is from...or why he believes the things he does.

But, in the US, no one you don't tell is going to find out you went to the hospital, and the hospital won't know/care about your criminal history or try to contact LEO because you sought help with an infection. Nor would I see any reason for you to lose your job, let alone your domicile. Nor are sub doctors going to turn you away because in the past you sought help for an infection, even when caused by complications from IVing, quite the opposite.

Obviously the OP believes these things quite strongly for some deluded reason, but I am not trying to convince him, I am just hoping his far fetched fears won't prevent someone else from getting help in the future.