• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Terrence McKenna on Schizophrenia

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member

I love McKenna, however most of his ideas are simply speculation and I don't always follow him from point A to point B in his lectures.

Either way I always love to hear his opinion, interesting as always.

Most of what he says is credible. His slant in this video is primarily social. People write him off as being a whacko, at least in most mainstream circles anyway. He really knew his sh*t and lots of his speculations are more closer to being true than false. He was an anthropologist, sociologist, psychologist and a serious scholar and academic.

Off topic but anyway... his stoned ape theory seems more plausible than originally thought.

I love McKenna, however most of his ideas are simply speculation and I don't always follow him from point A to point B in his lectures.

Either way I always love to hear his opinion, interesting as always.

Great video.

He's really out there, far out there, on some things, but I love his Lectures. Most of it is indeed speculations, but that just makes it interesting. He really did practice what he was preaching, that is novelty. In thoughts, ideas and experiences. I think he was very well aware of how absolutely outlandish some of the things he said were, but that (as far as I interpreted it) was his message. Let your freak flag fly.
And his voice is so soothing, crazy good story teller.

"True Hallucinations" is a great book.

Last edited:
Honestly I've never looked into his credentials or even cared. I always loved the way Terrence Mckenna would speak as if he were of a doctorates degree or whatof.