• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids temporarily replace methadone with oxycontine?

soulslasher

Greenlighter
hello

i am in methadone maintenence at 140mg daily and out of methadone because ive been taking too much this week
now i will get the new recipe on friday but until then i must get along
i have 20 pills each containing 40mg oxycodone which is time release
how should i take oxycodone to combat withdrawal, i dont need/want to have euphorics but rather constant state of normalty and not make my tolerance higher then nescecarry

thanks and sorry for bad englisch

get morphine or another mu binding agent to replace the methadone if you can accessany as it will help with sleep. With only the oxycotin I bet sleep will be more difficult than withdrawal symptom that will probably come out throughthe oxy as oxy binds to kappa not as much mu.

best of luck to you with your challenge ahead

i cannot take anything that shows up in urine test. oxycodone does not show up in my doctors urine test, since where i live it isnt much used for recreations. morphine/DAM will sure come up in the test. :(

if i cannot sleep tonight, i will probably get replacement methadone pills from the scene tomorrow morning, but i would rather avoid it.

ive taken 5 pills now (200mg oxycodone) and feeling very sick to my stomach now, and have a bit headache, but withdrawal symptoms are completely gone. how long is it gonna last? what do you mean by kappa?

i cannot take anything that shows up in urine test. oxycodone does not show up in my doctors urine test, since where i live it isnt much used for recreations. morphine/DAM will sure come up in the test. :(

if i cannot sleep tonight, i will probably get replacement methadone pills from the scene tomorrow morning, but i would rather avoid it.

ive taken 5 pills now (200mg oxycodone) and feeling very sick to my stomach now, and have a bit headache, but withdrawal symptoms are completely gone. how long is it gonna last? what do you mean by kappa?

He's wrong, oxy still has high binding to the mu-opiate receptor, and "some", although a lot less, binding to the kappa opiate receptor. This is responsible for why some people feel energetic on oxy, its binding to the kappa receptor, which has different effects then the mu receptor. Just spread your oxy out evenly until you get your methadone. You should be alright.