• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Temazepam 30mg - DETOX SCHEDULE

Meaniee

Greenlighter
Hi there, this is my first post; I wanted to ask everyone what is the best course of action to successfully detox off Temazepam .

First of all a little background I was prescribed 7/21/20 And its currently a month later and I'm having trouble.. I admit i abused the first script taking 60mg's every other night to catch a buzz the only reason I didn't run out early was because of that ... I was afraid of getting hooked and now I'm definitely am. I can't go longer then 24-36 hours without feeling the withdrawal . I just got my second script a week ago and I was abusing that aswell so now i'm down to my last 12 30mg capsules ... yeah i know i feel so stupid but I don't know what I was thinking I love the high off these they're really relaxing and eurphoic ... anyway I want to detox off this but i can't find a detox tappering schedule the link provided was sent to a website that is no longer in service so I can't find anything on the internet about this ...

I'm scared about what to do next . I: know i haven't been on it long so hopefully that will work to my advantage and I can detox off it with minimal pain . Can someone PLEASE help me in suggesting anything that will work with 12 remaining capsules. I 'm going to be taking one a day now until i can start breaking down my doses but I'm not sure if i should do it every 24 hours since its such a short acting drug . I called my doctor and asked for a tappering method but he hasn't gotten back to me I hope that he'll be able to figure this out but incase he doesn't get back to me in a timely manner I was hoping someone could help me figure this out. Worst case scenerio I will admit myself into a detox facility but I don't wanna do all that .
I am also on 8-12mg suboxone daily and also have tons baclofen incase i get cramps but all it's been doing is making my cramps worse and makes me feel i'm in withdrawal all day.Fuck trying to get to sleep but I'm also being provided lunesta it should be done pre authorization by tomorrow i hope.

PLEASE HELP I don't wanna be on these anymore and I don't know how to properly get off them sorry if my story is all over the place I debated about making an account to post this but yeah :(

IF i had only 12 such pills and and was without option, id empty the powder of the capsules, dissolve in vodka or something better, and reduce the dose slowly and gradually as possible.

You haven't been on it long and 60mg isnt a huge dose, dissolve the powder even and decrease the dose by 10% until reasonably weaned.

Sounds like youre still prescribed these, cause in that case this will be a rinse and repeat situation.

IF i had only 12 such pills and and was without option, id empty the powder of the capsules, dissolve in vodka or something better, and reduce the dose slowly and gradually as possible.

You haven't been on it long and 60mg isnt a huge dose, dissolve the powder even and decrease the dose by 10% until reasonably weaned.

Sounds like youre still prescribed these, cause in that case this will be a rinse and repeat situation.

Negrogesic with the power if clairvoyance :)

I was going to recommend something similar OP. You're right that you haven't been taking Benzodiazepines for too long so you're withdrawal shouldn't be extremely difficult.

It sounds like you're relatively new to all of this so I want to stress that there is a very big difference between a minuscule amount of a drug and absolutely none. A lot of folks will tell you that the hardest part of a taper is going from that last small dose to nothing.

Basically, I think you can get a lot of benefit from using smaller amounts of Temazepam (Restoril) to medicate your symptoms when they get unbearable, you're not locked in to taking 30mg at a time. I would do what Negro said and try taking as little as 5mg just to see how that works for you.

Dont feel bad about your situation. It happens to the best of us or in ny case, the worst of us! Just understand the importance of rationing your supply from here on. You've had some fun, just dont completely screw yourself.

We will be here to help you every step of the way. Let us know if you have any questions and good luck :)

. I called my doctor and asked for a tappering method but he hasn't gotten back to me I hope that he'll be able to figure this out but incase he doesn't get back to me in a timely manner I was hoping someone could help me figure this out. Worst case scenerio I will admit myself into a detox facility but I don't wanna do all that .

I am also on 8-12mg suboxone daily and also have tons baclofen incase i get cramps but all it's been doing is making my cramps worse and makes me feel i'm in withdrawal all day.Fuck trying to get to sleep but I'm also being provided lunesta it should be done pre authorization by tomorrow i hope.
If possible do try to talk to the dr who precribes them. They are prescribed right? He or she might temporarly switch you to something longer lastin and less euphoric. to taper.

Lunesta or Eszopliclone is a Z drug and if I am correct will cover some of the Wd's. So that is another option tapering on that.

Update: So The pre auth finally went thru for the lunesta or Eszopliclone and I was able to talk to the doctor about a taper so he gave me 15mg temazepam's (which IS and ISN'T helping the problem) but now they're under pre auth so i can't fill them until everything clear's up. I called up the pre authorization place where they handle the prescription coverage and its because it's refil too soon of the same class that that the insurance won't cover it so the lady gave me a number for the pharmacy to call to do an override so i'll just pay outta pocket it's only 38$. I'm about to call back the pharmacy and see if they lifted the pre auth. Problem solved :) ... and I was SO worried :)

So they canceled the 15mg prescription i'm back in the same boat. WTF DUDE

Last edited:
My doctor is now saying i can just stop taking the 30mg temazepam's without any problems is this true?

My doctor is now saying i can just stop taking the 30mg temazepam's without any problems is this true?
Lmao no the physician was lying to you. You should listen to us internet strangers instead.