Techno <3 (including all genders like psytrance, tribe, industrial, acid, hardcore ...)

meprobamatedowned

Bluelighter
So I am really a fan of all types of fast electronic music, i'm an amateur DJ, started a year and a half ago, and i would really like to find someone in here who shares the same mind obsessed by techno haha.
Seriously, be it 8AM, 4AM (like now) or 2PM or 9PM i don't give a shit and i'm listening to basslines ....
Am i the only one to be this obsessed ??

My partner and I are obsessed too!!!! I've dated a few electronic music producers, and am close friends with a lot of DJs and producers so it's a huge part of my life.
Check out my partner's soundcloud

Last edited:
So I am really a fan of all types of fast electronic music, i'm an amateur DJ, started a year and a half ago, and i would really like to find someone in here who shares the same mind obsessed by techno haha.
Seriously, be it 8AM, 4AM (like now) or 2PM or 9PM i don't give a shit and i'm listening to basslines ....
Am i the only one to be this obsessed ??
I've been obsessed with all types of electronic music for 20 years, all types.
Currently listening to this mix

Listen with me! :)

I'm into the "Berghain techno” style. I don't really care about commercial, "festival techno" like Charlotte de Vitte etc.

Yes my boyfriend still makes music and plays live and DJs! :)
What is the scene like in Europe at the moment, with covid?
He's lucky ! *
Here it is only illegal free parties, wich are great but sometime a bit of change would be good, i hope they will reopen the clubs soon. Anyway, my collective started a label and they continue organizing events so rave on haha !

Psytrance is not techno. Hardcore is not really considered as under the techno umbrella anymore.

Not trying to be a dick, I just find a lot of use in genres being used properly :p

I'm into the "Berghain techno” style. I don't really care about commercial, "festival techno" like Charlotte de Vitte etc.

How would you define that? Like people who release on Osgut Ton or is there a broader definition?

I've really been liking pretty much everybody released on SVBKVLT. Really weird/sparse/agressive/syncretic people that make really good dj tools.

I like smoother stuff too, generally organize my listening around different labels.

How would you define that? Like people who release on Osgut Ton or is there a broader definition?
Ostgut Ton is quite varied upon checking, but I think he means the sound by Ben Klock/Marcel Dettmann/Monoloc etc that was really popular 4-10 years ago.
Now they don't have as much of a 'sound' anymore, techno evolves really quickly and it depends a lot on the DJ.

Psytrance is not techno. Hardcore is not really considered as under the techno umbrella anymore.

Not trying to be a dick, I just find a lot of use in genres being used properly :p
I used to get my knickers in a proper knot about genres being used properly! :LOL: Now I don't have enough time or energy to worry about it as much lol.

I think in meprobamatedowned's case there may be a translation thing, as he's French. I dunno. Perhaps he meant "electronic dance music", not "techno".

Ostgut Ton is quite varied upon checking, but I think he means the sound by Ben Klock/Marcel Dettmann/Monoloc etc that was really popular 4-10 years ago.
Now they don't have as much of a 'sound' anymore, techno evolves really quickly and it depends a lot on the DJ.

Ok that makes sense. Just brought up osgut because it's the house label at Berghain. Kind of like how fabric has the label houndstooth.

Contrasting my earlier post, a more orthodox label I really like is Voam. Not sure but the group Karenn might be involved with running it (Karenn is composed of Blawan and Pariah).

I used to get my knickers in a proper knot about genres being used properly! :LOL:
Same here! =D

Techno is a fascinating genre, every couple of years the main sounds change so much, very location dependent too.
I barely listen to any techno nowadays, but when I was 18-20 I blasted everything from 91'-'05, constantly

Contrasting my earlier post, a more orthodox label I really like is Voam. Not sure but the group Karenn might be involved with running it (Karenn is composed of Blawan and Pariah).
Karenn was my first time MDMA :) good memories, too much amphetamine in the pill though, even for my noobish taste back then

i meant what I define as electronic hard music but i guess you're right