• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC Teasers of the 3090 and new GPUs

GrymReefer

Bluelight Crew
What is your thoughts on this? Are you going to upgrade? I just got my 2080 Ti so now I'm wondering if I can snag another one for cheap when the next generation gets launched.

Pretty uninspiring and sad to see the price now for mid - range cards. I am building a new rig, so may go for the 3080, but very tempted now to hang on and see what AMD release.

There are a few 144 Hz 4K monitors now and 8k ones are starting to appear, but as things stand I don't think gaming has moved on from 144hz/1440 60hz/4k unless you buy a 3090 and turn down the graphics.

I'm content with 1080p@144hz until the new AMD stuff launches. This generation just looks like a house fire waiting to happen. They aren't really aiming things at gamers right now the majority of sales are going towards mining farms. I'm still using an Nvidia card that's a few generations old now but it'll be the last one I buy. The performance degrades with ever driver release and I don't want to support them any longer until they open source the drivers. AMD cards seem to improve with every driver release and are better supported by the software I use.

I can't justify an upgrade without getting a new motherboard/RAM/CPU to go with a new graphics card. My current machine can run every game I play on max settings at 1080p@144hz. I prefer the higher frame rate to the greater resolutions. I don't want to spend a lot of money on new monitors and a television until the prices for 4k+ monitors comes down some more.

I'll probably pick up a cheap AMD card for my current computer and just play wait and see. Intel hasn't released anything worthwhile in a long time. Waiting on the new Ryzens to come out so I can build a new machine and repurpose my current one into a home server.