• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Photo Thread

panic in paradise said:
muscat neophyte?

riesling, semillon, some sort of noble rot it seems.

do you OZ landers drink sheaf stout?
We did actually buy a muscat ;)
I'm a sucker for muscat.
We got a white port too, and an aged verdehlo sticky, and some shiraz to put in the cellar.
Much fun was had by all!
I wouldn't choose to drink sheaf stout. :)

My god you are so lucky to be living where you are PIP. Just breathtaking beauty <3

yeah, muscat, orange muscat, muscat canelli, muscato etc. mm mmm

i usually go for tawny port, but havent had a white.

what kind of shiraz did you get?

verdehlo sticky... huh? wuts dat?!?

ive been into reds from argentina lately, specifically malbec.

there is a vineyard near by, well several, but mt baker vineyard makes some amazing ice wine and other late harvests. washington state uses the old world french methods, despite californias ultra popular and profitable new world techniques.

i am a big riesling fan, theres a vineyard in seattle that produces some world class stuff 99-100 point according to wine spectator and works with
Dr. Loosen often.

god, what i would give for a glass of this botrytis... probably 50 bucks id guess! haha ugh

i love talking about wine

:D

panic in paradise said:
yeah, muscat, orange muscat, muscat canelli, muscato etc. mm mmm

i usually go for tawny port, but havent had a white.

what kind of shiraz did you get?

verdehlo sticky... huh? wuts dat?!?

ive been into reds from argentina lately, specifically malbec.

there is a vineyard near by, well several, but mt baker vineyard makes some amazing ice wine and other late harvests. washington state uses the old world french methods, despite californias ultra popular and profitable new world techniques.

i am a big riesling fan, theres a vineyard in seattle that produces some world class stuff 99-100 point according to wine spectator and works with
Dr. Loosen often.

god, what i would give for a glass of this botrytis... probably 50 bucks id guess! haha ugh

i love talking about wine

:D
**Whooooo thread hijack!!** =D

The white port is very interesting! Obviously not as heavy a palette as tawny port but still quite rich. To be honest it's a lot like any other white sticky but hey, they're good too hehe. It's to be served ice cold mmmmm yum.

Did you mean "huh what" to the verdehlo grape or the fact that it's a verdehlo sticky? It is very uncommon for verdehlo to be made in to a sticky, yes! But this one was nice. We mainly got it because it's a rare deviation from the usual semillon or botrytis etc etc variety of sticky wine.

The shiraz we got was also very interesting. Because this particular region isn't very nutritionally-appropriate for red wines, their shiraz's are only light- to medium-bodied, at best. The colour was a dark violet, not the classic dark red. And the flavour was far less powerful than a "usual" shiraz wine. We'll age it a few years and see how it is :)

HOORAY FOR WINE!! <3

what kind of shiraz?

full bodied reds can get a bit too heavy, not as much fun off the table...

thats why i like malbec, full on blue fruits and plum, tastes full bodied but is medium, very drinkable, to the laaaast drop. :D

I don't know what kind of shiraz...shiraz is shiraz isn't it? Or have I missed something?

Hehe it's funny, all the grapes in different countries. I've heard of malbec but I've never tried it cos it's just not sold over here. What's it like?

*edit* you already told me what it's like, nevermind =D

panic in paradise said:
no, syrah is shiraz... ;)

what vineyard is the shiraz from?!?
Hehe smarty pants ;)

It was from a little independant winery called Sobells, in the Hunter Valley NSW Australia. Does that mean anything to you?

n3ophy7e said:
Hehe smarty pants ;)

It was from a little independant winery called Sobells, in the Hunter Valley NSW Australia. Does that mean anything to you?

You wouldn't have been too far away from me n3o! :)

n3ophy7e ~ After the event did that guy in the first pic think that snorting wine was the way to go (hee hee) ????;) =D =D <3

massiveinminiature said:
n3ophy7e ~ After the event did that guy in the first pic think that snorting wine was the way to go (hee hee) ????;) =D =D <3
Hahahaaa ewwww snorting wine!! :D
(that's my partner Mick by the way, isn't he cute? =D <3 )

MidnightBaby said:
You wouldn't have been too far away from me n3o! :)
YES!! I was thinking of you Miss MB! <3

003.jpg

Cute pillthrill. What're you reading, I can't make it out?? Harvard something? It's big and old whatever it is.

n3ophy7e said:
YES!! I was thinking of you Miss MB! <3

Aw yu da bomb :)<3
And yeah Mick is cute! He looks like a lovely guy too. Yay for love :)

Acid Eiffel said:
*me 2005 at an underground party on THE most intense acid trip ever. its a great story that i shall share sometime in the future.*

46955979_2bc76c3b7c.jpg

*Hawaii 2006*
oifgrdnzsbnsgvnxm3.jpg

*Badwater, Death Valley circa 2007. It is the lowest place in the USA (282 ft. below sea level). the desert is my favorite place to be.

another pict

Badwater_elevation_sign.jpg

I was there!

so i guess ill contribute to the thread, some of yall got some amazing pictures, that frozen waves were sick

rjgs1w.jpg